Author Topic: FC660M- favorite keyboard ever, but a Bi@%$ to open  (Read 1176 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

FC660M- favorite keyboard ever, but a Bi@%$ to open
« on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:19:43 »
This is my fave board.  However, like a numbskull I spill something on a board about once a month- beer or gatorade or something sticky which often requires intervention.  The keycaps and case need to be cleaned, the PCB cleaned, and sometimes a few switches replaced.  Well this board has one screw so it's not "tooless."  There is then a bezel for the case with a series of tabs which can be popped with a small slotted screwdriver and assisted with a credit card or library card.  I'm not sure of the advantage of this design but I'm sure there's a reason for it. 

Well this liquid got in the space of the bezel of the case and it was like glue and I nearly had to break it off.  A little alcohol softened it up enough to finally get it off.  So I guess the moral is don't spill anything on it, although I'm sure opening this is second nature for the people who like to mod it. 
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.