Author Topic: [IC] IKKI68 AURORA | A Gasket Mount Polycarbonate Kit - Update Dec. 20th  (Read 98075 times)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
Hello everyone!

Update #3:

Dec. 20th, 2020 -- Mold T1 Test was done

All are good except some minor changes like screw holes need to adjust. We are expecting final samles before end of December. Secret color and a GIVEAWAY will be announced very very soon. Stay tuned!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update #2.1:

Dec. 3rd, 2020 -- Mold is finalized 95%

What we are doing:
#1 Adjusting some minor details and plan to test producing 1st sample around Dec. 15th.
#2 Picking plastic color chips for mint. So hard to decide which to pick for the manufacturer’s test
#3 A secret surprising color, which cannot be disclosed until we get more info confirmed

Updates #2:

Variable Gasket Structure

There are 10 chips (A - J) in total that snap on to the bottom case. Chips B, D, G and J are optional, the rest must be installed. When all 10 chips are installed you get a firmer, less bouncy type feel. You can choose to remove chips B, D, G and J for a bouncier experience. Please refer to this image for more explanation.

Underglow Will Be Available
As suggested by IC reponse, we will add underglow for IKKI68 Aurora.

Schedule Update
Due to adjusting of our mold, prototypes will be delayed for half month, and GB will be delayed accordingly. However, delivery time is expected to be the same as before.

Mid December 2020 - Prototypes
Early January 2021 - Build streams from reviewers
Mid January 2021 - GB Launch
April 2021 - Delivery starts

Current Status
Working on final mold for prototypes.

Previous Updates

Updates #1:

Gallery of new renders:https://imgur.com/a/rsN2j7A

Color
Charcoal
Mint

Clear is almost certain to be an option for round 2, along with blue or pink or another color all together.

You'll notice there's no new render of Mint. We have some transparent teal pantone chips on the way. We'll pick a color from the bunch once we've seen them in person.

Finish
Frosted.

The overwhelming majority wanted a frosted finish. We are not ruling out clear finish in a future round, but for round 1 we're going with all frosted

Default plate material
Aluminum. Every Ikki68 Aurora will ship with an Aluminum plate.

Carbon Fiber, Brass, Polycarbonate and POM plates can be purchased as extras.

PCB
Ikki68 Aurora will have 3 PCBs.

[Default] QMK hot swap PCB with multi-layout support.
QMK soldered PCB with multi-layout support.
Bluetooth soldered PCB with a fixed layout. The same one as Ikki68 with the possiblity of some updates.
Multi-layout support
Both soldered and hot swap QMK PCB will have support for:

Split Backspace
ISO enter
Split Left Shift
Split Right Shift
Split Spacebar
Stepped Caps Lock

Here's a photo visualizing the options:https://i.imgur.com/umgeMX4.png

Brass weight

An addition by popular demand: you will be able to buy an 400g internal brass weight offered as an extra.

We'll be having a design contest soon and the winning design will be engraved onto all the brass weights.

The Aurora weighs around 700 - 800 grams without any additional weight. With the weight it should weigh about 1100 - 1200g or 2.4 - 2.6lbs, just a touch lighter than the all aluminum Ikki68

Custom badges

All Ikki68 Aurora will ship with a default badge. You can buy additional custom badges as extras.

Just like Ikki68 you'll be able to choose from a handful of designs and colors. These are what we call Community Badges. You can also have your own design custom made just for you. These are called Bespoke Badges.

The badges will be "hot swappable". You will be able to change a badge without taking apart the case.

Ikki68 badges will be compatible with Ikki68 Aurora out of the box.

Ikki68 Aurora badges will be compatible with Ikki68 through the use of an adapter, sold separately.

Join our discord server to stay up to date with badges. You can submit a design to be used as a community badge. Use the commands !badges and !bespoke-badge in any channel to find more info.

Included in kit
Ikki68 Aurora kit
Multi-layout hot swap QMK PCB
Aluminum plate
Silicone dampening pad between PCB & plate
Silicone dampening pad between PCB & case
Gaskets
Keyboard storage case
Coiled USB cable

Price
Adding multi-layout support to our default hot swap PCB has made a noticeble increase in our costs.

However we're still committed to offering the Ikki68 Aurora R1 in the $99 - $129 range that we've mentioned in the first IC. Future rounds may cost slightly more.

We'll continue posting updates on Reddit and Geekhack. Please join our  Discord server for more frequent updates or if you have any questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m Ckeeb, one half of the Wuque Studio that launched the Ikki68 keyboard group buy in June. Now, just 3 months later, we’re very pleased to let you know that we’ve completed production and currently in the process of QC-ing all the kits. We are very much on track for a September ship date as promised in the group buy!

We are also the studio that’s launching the OA Switch group buy very soon, but in the meantime, we have another exciting project to share with you all!

Ikki68 Aurora

More Renders at https://imgur.com/a/ffVidv8
IC Form at https://forms.gle/8P6ieYhdnkvKn6rN9
Discord Server at https://discord.com/invite/CJjtbwr

A polycarbonate version of Ikki68 was THE most requested item in the original Ikki68 group buy. Due to various constraints it wasn’t possible to do at that me, but now we’re very pleased to announce Ikki68 Aurora.

It will feature a gasket mount system utilizing 20 gaskets. The case will be made of injection molded polycarbonate to keep the costs down and achieve a fast manufacturing me. We’re looking forward to receiving feedback from all the Ikki68 owners and hope to incorporate all the positive changes into the Aurora.

Key Features:

* Injection molded polycarbonate case
* Gasket mount
* Split spacebar support
* Silicone dampening pad between the plate & the PCB
* Silicone dampening pad under the PCB
* Bluetooth PCB w/ proprietary software OR Wired PCB w/ QMK and Hot Swap
* PCB mount stabilizers
* Multiple additional badge designs, including fully custom designs provided by you!

Tentative Price:

$99 - $129 USD

Colors & Finish:

We can only produce two of the following five color schemes this round. In the future we may produce the rest, or introduce new colorways. Please keep in mind these are just renders, the final color may change depending on technical challenges and other factors. Prototypes will be produced before group buy launches.

Frosted finish will most likely be more frosted than it shows in the renders. More details to follow.
In the IC form you can vote for which two color options will be produced this round.

Also, in the IC form, you can vote whether you’d like to see these colors in a clear polycarbonate finish, or in a frosted polycarbonate finish.

* Charcoal
* Clear
* Blue
* Mint
* Pink

Project Timeline:

🙋 September Launch Interest Check

* September - December
Finalize design & features.
Produce prototypes
Get prototypes to streamers for build videos and sound tests

* December Launch Group Buy

* March Start shipping Ikki68 AURORA to buyers

Additional Details

Just like the namesake, after each rebirth IKKI keyboards become better, stronger. Ikki68 Aurora features a gasket mount system due to popular request.

Polycarbonate has a high chance of cracking if you apply too much torque while tightening the case screws. This can also happen from repeated screwing and unscrewing. That’s why we’ve embedded copper sleeves inside the case for screws to thread on to, instead of the plastics shell itself. This will make the case more durable and less prone to cracking.

The default plate material will be either Aluminum or Polycarbonate. Please vote in the IC form for your favorite between the two. Additional plates in different materials will be available as add-ons.

Custom badges were hugely popular with Ikki68. We’re pleased to announce that they’re making a come back in the Aurora. Each keyboard kit will come with a default badge, and you can buy additional badges as add-ons. There will be several designs to choose from. You can also send us your art work and have a one of a kind custom badge just for yourself!

We are currently weighing the pros and cons of keeping Ikki68 Aurora backwards compatible with the custom badges from the original Ikki68. On one hand we have a new mechanism in mind that will make the badges easier to swap out and machine, on the other hand this new mechanism will make the Ikki68 badges incompatible with Ikki68 Aurora.

We hope to produce the mold, iterate on the design based on testing and feedback and have some prototypes manufactured for streamers before launching the group buy. We will keep you updated on the progress via our discord or via email if you share your email address with us in the IC form. If you’re interested in the Ikki68 Aurora, please fill out the IC form so we can take your feedback and ideas into account.

If you have any questions please feel free to post here, or join our Discord server.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:00:59 by Ckeeb »

Offline MoonOperator

Re: [IC] IKKI68 AURORA | A Gasket Mount Polycarbonate Kit
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 10:57:44 »
This looks beautiful! Count me in for sure.

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:01:35 »
Very interesting! I don’t have a PC board yet, it may be an opportunity to see what the hype is about!

However, please note that Oblotzky already has an IC for a board with Aurora in the name as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bitmxp

• I’ll take 12
    • Bitmap Studios
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:08:40 »
Let's goooo

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:11:38 »
What PCB are you using?
Will ISO be an option?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Shiro

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:14:58 »
yo at this price, no meme i might buy 2. 😳

Offline Brixzz

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:15:25 »
This looks great! I missed out on the OG Ikki, but am happy to join now.
Would it be possible to include ISO support?

Offline productkun

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:17:24 »
Looks amazing, specially at this pricepoint

Offline pandapau

• Where my Nord?
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:24:56 »
Eyyyyy ikki68 gang has to support this! What a steal as compared to D65 from KBDFans! 冲冲冲啊!!!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Mtvan87

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:33:03 »
 :thumb:
Saved

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 11:39:16 »
Run a purple version and I’m 100% in.

Offline 100 percent horse

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:14:43 »
Seconded! I'd absolutely give up my NK65 for a purple version of this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline archerypro459

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:31:46 »
Please mint I beg

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:43:38 »
n e QMK/solder combo avail?

Offline vi0till

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 12:51:27 »
Please give solder pcb. Thanks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Brixzz

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 13:07:54 »

"Bluetooth PCB w/ proprietary software OR Wired PCB w/ QMK and Hot Swap"

I think we can choose between bluetooth soldered pcb or wired hot swap pcb  :D

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 13:11:03 »
I kinda think it would make more sense the other way around. I'm sure there are many people who would appreciate a hotswap wireless board, and the same people who want to use QMK tend to be the people who want multiple layout options and are willing to solder.

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 14:14:06 »
What PCB are you using?
Will ISO be an option?

It's the same PCB as Ikki68. QMK hotswap designed by Demos, not sure who designed the BT PCB.

I kinda think it would make more sense the other way around. I'm sure there are many people who would appreciate a hotswap wireless board, and the same people who want to use QMK tend to be the people who want multiple layout options and are willing to solder.

Yah totally, but IIRC there was some technical difficulty having it the other way around.

Offline Dunzos

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 14:38:23 »
def interested!

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 15:58:16 »
oh hell yes.
I'm kinda glad I missed out on the IKKI68 GB now.
This ticks off a lot of boxes.
Cheap PC case? Check.
Silicone dampening? Check.
Gasket mount? Check.
QMK or Bluetooth? NOICE

I hope you are prepared to take lots of orders.

Offline baobaozi

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 16:54:59 »
Does it have underglow to make use of the translucent poly?

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:26:14 »
This looks beautiful! Count me in for sure.

Thank you, feel free to join our discord for more timely update!

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:27:38 »

There is QMK solder PCB too.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:29:26 »
Very interesting! I don’t have a PC board yet, it may be an opportunity to see what the hype is about!

However, please note that Oblotzky already has an IC for a board with Aurora in the name as well.

Oh, thank you for the note. Did not see that before. I think IKKI68 Aurora should also be fine since we are still different ;)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:31:25 »
oh hell yes.
Cheap PC case? Check.
Gasket mount? Check.
QMK or Bluetooth? NOICE

lol...

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:34:12 »

No, cos that may cause heating problem inside. And the light throught the silicones pad will be uneven too. We discussed this for a a while before.

Offline 3yatt

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:39:35 »
WUUUUUUT? The pricing is outrageously low. I'm IN!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 20:39:47 »
Just to repeat my comment on Reddit: 100% in if colour options are Pink or Purple. Otherwise not overly interested.

Killer price though and a great pickup for someone after a budget board.

Offline Obscura

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 21:03:12 »
I'm in. Are there going to be alignment bumps or pins to line everything up during assembly? Please do if possible, it makes building in the case so much easier.

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 22:27:54 »
In support of a Mint and Clear. And really kudos for offering so much in this pricepoint. U guys are awesome.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 22:43:06 »
Can we have the supported layout for the pcb?

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 23:38:15 »
If the PCB can be both qmk and bluetooth, that will be huge.

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 00:07:32 »
I did get the OG Ikki68 Pro, could not get the blue, here's my chance I guess.
Loving the charcoal too.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 01:56:06 »
I love this! the look, the layout, the badge, the price :D

how will the gb work, are the slots limited or can I be sure to be able to order?

Offline pakin39

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 02:45:22 »
Looks stunning, especially with that key layout. The estimated price is a take for me. Just hope you guys can get this under GB soon, so that I still have enough money in my wallet :p

Offline JumpStream

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 02:57:23 »
Love the layout

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 02:57:41 »
will split backspace be possible? at least on the solder version?

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 03:13:30 »

Offline gavingoh

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 04:21:07 »
Will there be typing test or videos to see how this board looks like?

Offline Hua.wuque

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 10:51:21 »
From November to December, we will conduct various tests and release various videos

Offline taiminhle4920

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:33:31 »
Will it be unlimited GB?

Offline Kreath

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:56:09 »
super stoked to follow this project! Can't wait

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 16:32:41 »
I think everyone will wanna go for charcoal and atomic purple if that can be made possible.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:40:13 »
In support of a Mint and Clear. And really kudos for offering so much in this pricepoint. U guys are awesome.

The votes for Mint and Clear are very closed, lets see what happens.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:43:05 »

Hmm, we will vote for default PCB and extra PCB on this.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:44:23 »
I think everyone will wanna go for charcoal and atomic purple if that can be made possible.

charcoal  is a sure win now.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 18:47:31 »
What PCB are you using?
Will ISO be an option?

There can be several options, we wil vote later in discord, pls join us :)

Offline taiminhle4920

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 20:43:12 »
I will definitely go for the pink or charcoal.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 21:39:15 »

Yes, we will arrange this.

Offline Learis

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 21:47:16 »
This looks like the exact layout I'm looking for: a 65% with all standard keys sizes. If there's hotswap, then I'm super interested.
Mend and Defend

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:14:34 »
I will 64000% buy this.

This is a guaranteed buy from me.
Guaranteed. Guaranteed . Guaranteed

Thank you for making this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Thank you Thank you

If you can't tell, I'm very very excited. Good luck and i really hope this goes to GB

나무 잎
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Techichi

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 08:07:59 »
That charcoal tho. Watching closely.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 14:16:10 »
I think the smart move is to go with purple and mint. Purple, because many people have requested pink or purple.

Mint, because it is relatively uncommon and beautiful in this case.

I also like Charcoal. Would go with many, many keysets.

Offline Pulsing Penguin

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 00:22:15 »
im in i reckon

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 04:54:41 »
Just wanted to check if ISO will be supported both on the PCB and the plate?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline dopzy

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 05:34:42 »
Bumping this question as I'm also wondering about split backspace support on the PCB  :)

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 05:54:40 »
Bumping this question as I'm also wondering about split backspace support on the PCB  :)
Split spacebar support is clearly mentioned as a Key Feature. Go read first post.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline dopzy

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 07:44:35 »
Split spacebar support is clearly mentioned as a Key Feature. Go read first post.

The question is about backspace, not spacebar. Supporting it on the PCB allow owners to opt into having a UNIX (or HHKB if you wish) layout with two 1U keys instead of one 2U backspace. Backspace itself is traditionally relocated to the row below (row above ANSI enter key). It's a great layout if you need constant access to various meta characters.

Sun keyboard with 2U backspace dropped in favour of two keys for meta characters:

HHKB:

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 07:54:45 »
My bad - misread on the smartphone. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:09:50 by LASERman Projects »

Offline dopzy

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 07:55:12 »
I just noticed that the plate does not support split backspace. Without there being explicit mention about different plate options, I guess the answer to split backspace support is "no".

Since this is an IC though, I'd like to ask if it's a possible option. I'm too new to this to know if it's possible to do a universal plate that supports both options. It should be possible to support the option of split backspace with one PCB though.

EDIT: I guess, worst case, open sourcing the plate file, and supporting split backspace on the PCB would allow owners to make their own plates with split backspace support.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2020, 07:57:01 by dopzy »

Offline dibstern

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 09:24:50 »
A gasket mount in my favourite layout at that price point? Damn, okay I’m in

Offline Degree04

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 23:09:52 »
Yes! Been craving a Bluetooth board recently

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 09:14:12 »
will a badgeless version be available?

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 29 September 2020, 09:28:36 »
Same question was on Discord and they replied "no", although there is chance for "blocker badge".

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:51:10 »
I just noticed that the plate does not support split backspace. Without there being explicit mention about different plate options, I guess the answer to split backspace support is "no".

Since this is an IC though, I'd like to ask if it's a possible option. I'm too new to this to know if it's possible to do a universal plate that supports both options. It should be possible to support the option of split backspace with one PCB though.

EDIT: I guess, worst case, open sourcing the plate file, and supporting split backspace on the PCB would allow owners to make their own plates with split backspace support.

+1. Its been requested before on the OG Ikki too, would be great to have.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 09:56:46 »
I am very interested in this. I will be filling up the IC form later when I get home, but may I ask:

HOW ARE YOU ABLE TO CHARGE THAT LOW A PRICE? FOR POLYCARB??

Offline nataliekill

• if it's pink i'll probably buy it
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 13:56:52 »
Will buy for sure if there is a pink color!!

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 15:06:20 »
Wasn't able to join the original Ikki68 GB. Definitely in for this. Voted for Frosted Blue. I'm also interested if Atomic Purple becomes available. :cool:

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 15:32:15 »
Definitely in for either a frosted or clear blue as well! Will go great with OAyyy switches.

Offline Learis

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 15:30:04 »
Hi, I just wanted to ask if the hotswap also includes the split-spacebar, or if the split-spacebar is solder only?
Mend and Defend

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 09:06:12 »
Same question was on Discord and they replied "no", although there is chance for "blocker badge".

sounds good man

Offline flyinggbuddha

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 09:21:13 »
Very interested. At that price point will probably grab the black and blue.

Offline yui

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 07 October 2020, 00:44:07 »
tbh i like pretty much all the colors, i just need iso... so if it will not be supported would it be possible to buy just the case with no pcb or plate?
Thanks
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline kera13th

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 00:01:37 »
I really like the layout and bluetooth feature. I hope there will be a purple version.

Offline itsslim

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 07:04:36 »
Is there a reason why only PCB mount stabilizers and not the option for screw in?

Offline stein3

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 10:43:08 »
Is there a reason why only PCB mount stabilizers and not the option for screw in?

Screw-in is a type of pcb-mount stabilizer.

Offline xungc

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 01:39:01 »
Love the layout of the board. I would pick color mint or clear frosted. Got to say the mint look very nice. :)

Kind of wish the bluetooth PCB support VIA. :(

Would this be limited GB? I hope it unlimited, really like to get the board. Looking forward to more update.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2020, 11:59:49 by xungc »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 22:21:27 »
Would this be limited GB? I hope it unlimited, really like to get the board. Looking forward to more update.

wondering the same, will this be unlimited GB?
and, any idea about GB time? before Thanksgiving? 
thx

Offline Rebral

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 23:38:12 »

wondering the same, will this be unlimited GB?
and, any idea about GB time? before Thanksgiving? 
thx

From their discord:

Offline dstaar

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 00:33:16 »
From their discord:
Show Image

Thanks! Do you know if the gold badge will be optional or not?

Offline bronnn

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 01:50:20 »
Absolutely interested in this! Been looking for more 65% that are hotswap and bluetooth!

Offline Schmack

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 16:09:53 »
Definitely looking forward to ordering a couple in differing colors if that price estimate is accurate! This is gonna be neat

Offline crash822

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 19:47:55 »
Definitely getting this.

Offline Datastream

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 02:27:38 »
Looks really cool!

Offline ArashiNishi

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 23:47:13 »
Really nice and great pricing point!!
I have some questions:
Typing angle?
The PCB has RGB support and ESD protection?
Can be provided a video of the software used to configure the bluetooth PCB?

Offline IorekByrnson

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:41:03 »
Will definitely be buying this. Will it be an unlimited GB?

Offline Rebral

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:56:30 »
Will definitely be buying this. Will it be an unlimited GB?

From their discord they said it'll be soft capped, but they've yet to decide how many.

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 06:53:53 »
I hope you guys have a limit to how many kits one individual can buy. Because it looks like there will be a soft cap for orders and people are voicing their desire to buy multiples.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 09:23:18 »
I mean this is injection molded right? So a lot cheaper than CNC

expect a lot of units or multiple runs
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline dankravioli

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 08:44:39 »
Would take this over the NK65 EE any day

Offline resetLetki

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 14:06:09 »
Definitely in for the Bluetooth Version!

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 10:43:40 »
Yes. Interested. I'm so happy to see more price friendly boards  :thumb:

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 10:46:52 »
Yes. Interested. I'm so happy to see more price friendly boards  :thumb:

Updated details!!!

Offline Learis

Re: [IC] IKKI68 AURORA | A Gasket Mount Polycarbonate Kit - Update Nov. 19th
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 15:24:50 »
Super impressed with all the options you guys are offering and at such a low price point, especially for gasket mounting! Even a pauper can type like a prince!
Mend and Defend

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 08:37:08 »
I mean this is injection molded right? So a lot cheaper than CNC

expect a lot of units or multiple runs

Yes, we can have multiple runs of different colors in the future. But this time, we will have another surprise to announce :)

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 10:52:24 »
Hope the price point can be maintained

Glwic

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 19:42:41 »
Is Bluetooth limited to the fixed layout PCB only? I'm mainly interested in the split backspace layout, but would be sad if there is no BT support.

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 08:18:35 »
^ this

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 08:41:39 »
Im interested especially due to the pricing. Will keep an eye on this IC :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 03:43:56 »
Is Bluetooth limited to the fixed layout PCB only? I'm mainly interested in the split backspace layout, but would be sad if there is no BT support.
Yup, only QMK version will have multiple layouts, sorry about this.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 03:44:38 »

Yes, we will have underglow.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:09:19 »

In future :))

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:10:51 »

charcoal is sure thing! But since we already have so many purple ones, we skip this at the moment, hope again in future round. This is an injected mold, we will be able to run again in the future.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:13:05 »

Thank you, we are working on the mint color chip, and hope to confirm the case color from our factory in middle Dec. Meanwhile, we are working on something more exciting. lol stay tuned.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:15:44 »
I will 64000% buy this.

This is a guaranteed buy from me.
Guaranteed. Guaranteed . Guaranteed

Thank you for making this. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you Thank you Thank you

If you can't tell, I'm very very excited. Good luck and i really hope this goes to GB

나무 잎

Thank you 나무 잎
Yup, we already placed order for the mold, all desgins are settled and just waiting for our manufacturer to work it out, and we will pick the color we like in future 1-2 weeks, we will also update some secrect project for this. Will be really exciting :)

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:16:39 »

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:17:11 »

Yes, we will have soldered option

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:17:45 »
Looks amazing, specially at this pricepoint

Thank you, trying our best to keep the lowest.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:18:16 »
yo at this price, no meme i might buy 2. 😳

Thank you, hope we can make a larger soft limit

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:20:48 »
I did get the OG Ikki68 Pro, could not get the blue, here's my chance I guess.
Loving the charcoal too.

lol Glad to see you around here!

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 04:22:21 »
Just to repeat my comment on Reddit: 100% in if colour options are Pink or Purple. Otherwise not overly interested.

Killer price though and a great pickup for someone after a budget board.

We really love pink too, and hope to have it on R2

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 04:37:52 »
oh hell yes.
Cheap PC case? Check.
Gasket mount? Check.
QMK or Bluetooth? NOICE

Thank you! Get update today!

Update #2.1:

Dec. 3rd, 2020 -- Mold is finalized 95%

What we are doing:
#1 Adjusting some minor details and plan to test producing 1st sample around Dec. 15th.
#2 Picking plastic color chips for mint. So hard to decide which to pick for the manufacturer’s test
#3 A secret surprising color, which cannot be disclosed until we get more info confirmed

Offline PuchuKing33

Re: [IC] IKKI68 AURORA | A Gasket Mount Polycarbonate Kit - Update Dec. 3rd
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 11:20:41 »
Is it possible to get non polycarbonate but aluminum like the last run?

Offline pocketfresh

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 16:00:08 »
stoked on this!!!!!!

Offline Ninefox

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 15:04:14 »
Mannnn I hope the surprise color is purple. Still will buy a unit, it looks wayyy to beautiful :thumb: .
Though I got a Question. The Badge is the small (I guess it's a brass plate) above the arrow keys right ?
Just wanted to be sure...

Offline rooney

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 20:32:44 »
Definitely dig the design. Going to keep my eye on this one.

Offline empa

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 00:14:31 »
subscribed. down for this

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:06:02 »
Is it possible to get non polycarbonate but aluminum like the last run?

Yes, we do have this plan, very very limited ALU ones

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:10:11 »

Update #3:

Dec. 20th, 2020 -- Mold T1 Test was done

All are good except some minor changes like screw holes need to adjust. We are expecting final samles before end of December. Secret color and a GIVEAWAY will be announced very very soon. Stay tuned!

Offline paperassgasket

Re: [IC] IKKI68 AURORA | A Gasket Mount Polycarbonate Kit - Update Dec. 20th
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:16:04 »
Awesome. Congrats on the progress.

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 22:18:34 »
Mannnn I hope the surprise color is purple. Still will buy a unit, it looks wayyy to beautiful :thumb: .
Though I got a Question. The Badge is the small (I guess it's a brass plate) above the arrow keys right ?
Just wanted to be sure...

Yes, that's the name bage, it's magnet, you can easily change it, we will have different name badge design.

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 23:17:01 »
Will there be badges matching the case colors (rather than brass)

Offline rooney

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 03:05:28 »
Awesome to see the progress. Gets me super excited!

Offline pocketfresh

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 13:31:34 »
big excited  ;D

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 21:18:12 »

Thank you, feel free to join our discord too, we have more update and discussion there :)

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 14:30:01 »
Looking good. Really excited for this keyboard. :thumb:

Offline Ckeeb

• Meet ZOOM65V3!
    • Wuque Studio
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 18:33:22 »
Looking good. Really excited for this keyboard. :thumb:
Thank you, working on the final prototypes, hope to share will you all very soon.

Offline Poidachi

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 04:34:13 »
Damn I'll for sure get this one. Hopefully there wouldn't be anymore delays for the GB

Offline siggie0815

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 03:48:23 »
I wonder if this case will also take the LFK78 PCB in the 68-keys version https://www.lfkeyboards.com/lfk78/, as I'm going for ALPS.

Hence, it would be nice if there was a case only option.

Offline ideoidiom

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 11:54:28 »
Any chance we can have a different color badge?

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 20:59:14 »
Any chance we can have a different color badge?

from my understanding, you can 3D print your own custom badge

Offline mainmorbix

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 04:20:17 »
Hope that it's screw in stabs rather than pcb mount stabs

Offline schwartzasher

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 24 January 2021, 16:22:07 »
When is the group buy supposed to be over...I read it says early feb but is it the whole month?

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 10:39:14 »
Hope that it's screw in stabs rather than pcb mount stabs

They are indeed screw-in stabs. They are actually OA stabilizers by Wuque Studios. They will be color matched for the keyboard.

They have updated their website with all Aurora information.
https://ikki68-aurora.com/

Also they announced colorway partnerships with GMK Devoted & Mizu.

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 January 2021, 10:42:02 by MrBIGEURO »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 11:26:36 »
I knew I should have bought GMK Mizu!

Seriously, though, I want that mint. Everything is so well-considered.

Offline TheJokar

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 03:42:57 »
Would love to see Daily Clack as a vendor for the other kits other than just the devoted.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 09:02:53 »
any updates on this? :D

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 02:55:12 »
any updates on this? :D
Lots of Ikki streams lately, additional vendors, known GB Date in a week...

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 17:04:45 »
Charcoal, PC Plate & Tromso PCB for a very cool Bluetooth keeb.  I'll be in line tomorrow.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline Biskwit157

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 17:56:11 »
Charcoal, PC Plate & Tromso PCB for a very cool Bluetooth keeb.  I'll be in line tomorrow.
Do we know what the Bluetooth firmware interface looks like yet?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 21:01:14 »
Any chance of a purple Aurora in the future that won't force you to pay more for switches and stabs you don't need/want?

Offline CobraLi

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 00:54:13 »
Bought the Aurora x Mizu with the Tromso PCB for a bluetooth Keeb! Now I just need R2 Mizu GB to happen!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 06:32:18 »
Do we know what the Bluetooth firmware interface looks like yet?

I am not sure.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline thelateclacker

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:25:24 »
Maybe I'm just too new to this, but is shipping always this expensive?  I was about to hit order on the charcoal and a fr4 plate in the US till i got to the shipping and it made me hit the brakes on it.  I understand that some of these keyboard stores might be small and run by individual people so they can't get bulk shipping discounts and such, but still it was kind of a shock.

Offline nindustrial

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:23:23 »
Maybe I'm just too new to this, but is shipping always this expensive?  I was about to hit order on the charcoal and a fr4 plate in the US till i got to the shipping and it made me hit the brakes on it.  I understand that some of these keyboard stores might be small and run by individual people so they can't get bulk shipping discounts and such, but still it was kind of a shock.

I'm truly surprised by this; as a Canadian I'm used to shipping-sticker-shock but I thought US folks always got the best deals when it came to shipping, especially if they were ordering from a USA-based proxy. Did you try buying from the correct store? FWIW, I ordered from mech.land and only paid $13 CAD for shipping (that's like less than $2 USD! ;o)

Offline thelateclacker

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:50:00 »

I'm truly surprised by this; as a Canadian I'm used to shipping-sticker-shock but I thought US folks always got the best deals when it came to shipping, especially if they were ordering from a USA-based proxy. Did you try buying from the correct store? FWIW, I ordered from mech.land and only paid $13 CAD for shipping (that's like less than $2 USD! ;o)

Hiya, yea I'm ordering from the US proxy Cannonkeys.  The cheapest shipping option available is $22 :O  More than the additional FR4 plate I want to add.  Just for comparison I wanted to check ordering direct from Wuque Studio and the international shipping was $40 haha.

Funny enough, shipping charge from mech.land is just under $16. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:57:12 by thelateclacker »

Offline bball2

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:03:25 »

No kidding, shipping on 2x vega boards was like $124 USD... love having Canadian vendors for group buys!

Sad to see the mizu themed board sell out so quick though :-(

Offline thelateclacker

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:54:42 »
well I think I definitely don't need to be spending more money on keyboard stuff right now (already have extra switches, keycaps, stabs...and only one keyboard lol), but the urge is too strong...    Gone are the days where I would spend days deliberating over whether to spend $60 (20 years ago) or $100 (1 year ago) on a logitech keyboard...

Got the charcoal with an extra FR4 :P

Offline Firebear31

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 12:51:45 »
Very cool! I think I will buy the Charcoal wired one and in the second run maybe the pink one as Bluetooth for my GF.
Excited!

Offline bas72

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 02:57:51 »
Preordered the Aurora x Devoted, plus Devoted keycaps, plus additional brass weight. Still getting used to spending hundreds of euros on a keyboard, little bit afraid of what might happen once I am...

Offline Yella Fella

• Edward Lui Cinematographer
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 13:39:16 »
Where's the group buy gone for this as can't find it. I did have it this morning or is it too late already? Damn it!

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 14:11:10 »
Where's the group buy gone for this as can't find it. I did have it this morning or is it too late already? Damn it!

If you want to order from the UK vendor then here are the links:
board
add-ons

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 06:52:57 »
Don't forget about the Badge Group Buy on Wuque Studio website  (only there)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
I missed this one, I wish there were extras...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline HungerMechanic

It is highly likely to do more runs or become a regular item. The benefits to customers from this GB was that it allowed a GB price, but afterwards it should be produced and sold at regular price.

Offline phinix

It is highly likely to do more runs or become a regular item. The benefits to customers from this GB was that it allowed a GB price, but afterwards it should be produced and sold at regular price.

Oooh, sounds good, thanks.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline DwieDave

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 01:10:46 »
Has anyone received their Board yet? Or is the estimated shipping delayed?
It was estimated for this month when I joined the GB.

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 03:35:37 »
From the discord.

Shipping Status
Ikki68 Aurora
Aurora Charcoal, Mint, and Mizu are scheduled to ship to vendors in July 2021. Please keep in mind they're being shipped by the sea and will take some time to arrive to vendors. Refer to each Vendor's website for detailed info.

Aurora x Devoted is scheduled to ship alongside keyset (Or December 2021 if ordered alone).

Aurora x PnC is scheduled to arrive to vendors around October / November 2021.

Units are scheduled to start shipping any moment, but the vendors won't actually receive them for weeks, possibly over a month. It'll likely be early September before you have it in your hands.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 09:43:11 »

Oooh, sounds good, thanks.

They keep doing small run-offs of limited-edition versions of the Aurora, so you might want to look into that. Maybe it's on their website, it's on their Discord.

There will probably be another big run of mainstream versions once they're done with that.

Offline phinix

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:04:02 »
Was first run all delivered?

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 16:56:37 »
not even close. most western vendors haven't even received their units yet. you'd best check the wuque discord server. tons of info and updates there.

Offline phinix

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 17:21:12 »
not even close. most western vendors haven't even received their units yet. you'd best check the wuque discord server. tons of info and updates there.

Alright, thanks. I was waiting for some extras.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 21:05:47 »
They really are on the way, and will be arriving with Western distributors probably this month.

At that point, some extras might be available.

Also, if you do a GB with them and order shipping directly to yourself [instead of a local distributor] for an extra $100 USD or so, you can have them ship directly to your address. This has already happened with some R1 orders of the main green and charcoal Auroras arriving with individuals in the West.

Offline phinix

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 02:35:23 »
They really are on the way, and will be arriving with Western distributors probably this month.

At that point, some extras might be available.

Also, if you do a GB with them and order shipping directly to yourself [instead of a local distributor] for an extra $100 USD or so, you can have them ship directly to your address. This has already happened with some R1 orders of the main green and charcoal Auroras arriving with individuals in the West.

Yeah, I think I would prefer regular shipment, that extra isn't worth it:)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 17:38:10 »

Aurora + Tromso PCB + Samurai Badge with Original Aspiration (OA) Switches + Oblotzky SA Oblivion = Perfect BT Keyboard for living room smart TV

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 18:55:35 »
Yep. That's what 65 / 68% bluetooth keyboards are perfect for.

That case colour would probably go well with MT3 3277. Just watch out as the OA stabilizers have minor clearance issues with MT3.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 19 November 2021, 07:11:12 »
Yep. That's what 65 / 68% bluetooth keyboards are perfect for.

That case colour would probably go well with MT3 3277. Just watch out as the OA stabilizers have minor clearance issues with MT3.

You are right MT3 3277 would suit very well.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline bahm

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 23:40:25 »
If this is hotswap then I'm 100% in

Offline convoliution

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 09:47:25 »
If this is hotswap then I'm 100% in

This thread is for an IC/GB that has come and gone, but R2 for this keyboard is going on right now and ends in four days (with hot-swap PCBs), so hurry if you're interested!

The thread for R2 is here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115102.0

Offline bas72

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 04:24:23 »

Almost a year has passed since this post, and neither the board nor the keycaps have arrived. Why is this taking so long?

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 04:56:13 »

Almost a year has passed since this post, and neither the board nor the keycaps have arrived. Why is this taking so long?

?? Which keycaps?

None of the R1 Ikkis included keycaps as far as I know. If you placed a single order which included the Ikki and some keycaps then I would imagine that the keycaps aren't ready yet and the vendor is simply holding your Ikki until they are. I would contact your vendor, as all R1 boards shipped almost a year ago. If you bought the devoted version and got GMK Devoted with it, then that's probably the holdup as Devoted's current estimated shipping is around Dec 2022.

Offline bas72

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 09:04:47 »
Thanks Mecxs, I was indeed referring to Aurora x Devoted. December 2022... OMG.