Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4184296 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29350 on: Mon, 09 May 2022, 02:32:00 »
what bothers me is me, not being able to afford a beam spring ibm near 3000 dollars :-X

is that real? have beamsprings gotten that crazy these days?

Offline Rezkian

« Reply #29351 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 16:10:12 »
what bothers me is me, not being able to afford a beam spring ibm near 3000 dollars :-X

is that real? have beamsprings gotten that crazy these days?

Yeah, saw one listed for 2.750 on ebay. So adding tax, that would be near 3k. It's actually gone now:) Sold:)))

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29352 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 20:02:46 »
What do all Bruno Mars songs consist of one sentance hooks looped for an entire song?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29354 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 20:11:47 »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29355 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 23:43:08 »
Is this new australia guy suppose to be any gud'  they doin' windmills or not ?

Offline yui

« Reply #29356 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 16:42:18 »
why even when everything is on the up and up i still expect everything to go crash every minute, and it wastes everything...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29357 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 20:10:37 »
Bought another box of oreos,  /addiction

Warning to all the young peeps out there, don't start... can't stop...

normally resisitible, but then they put the sale on, and it's like OMG..... and they've also improved the wrappers recently in the bulk box, so it stays crispier than before, completely insidious...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29358 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 00:25:22 »
You can't trust doctors.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29359 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 00:35:46 »
You can't trust doctors.

Capitalism,  the system is motivated to "treat symptoms" indefinitely.

It's not about "the cure" or "preventing sickness in the first place. " it's all about profiting from someone's suffering.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29360 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 07:35:37 »

it's all about profiting from someone's suffering.

When you live in a country where non-health is a for-profit schema.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29361 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 09:40:10 »
Tp4 h8s parties, everyone is there 2b fake.  Tp4 shows up, he's great faking it,  but in reality, his internal dialogue is as thus, you fools, you'd all be dead in the event of nu(lear winter, and no one's talking about it.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29362 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 10:37:20 »
Tp4 h8s parties, everyone is there 2b fake.  Tp4 shows up, he's great faking it,  but in reality, his internal dialogue is as thus, you fools, you'd all be dead in the event of nu(lear winter, and no one's talking about it.
Show Image

tp would love to party with phinix. Phinix is never fake, doesn't have to talk about crap, just chill, chat about keebs and games, watch movies and have some ramen :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #29363 on: Thu, 26 May 2022, 16:50:09 »
iri has no common interests with phinix :'(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #29364 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 03:10:19 »
iri has no common interests with phinix :'(

I'm sure iri would very quickly find things incommon with phinix :thumb:
At least our native cultures and habits similarities. Plus iri is here on gh, so must like keebs like phinix does.
Plus iri must like some movies or maybe even games, no?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #29365 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 04:41:30 »
At least our native cultures and habits similarities.
Oh about that, yes.

Games, no. And I don't like like half of the movies you say you watch lol. I did download "Only murders in the building" based on your recommendation though (didn't watch it yet).
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #29366 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 04:45:38 »
At least our native cultures and habits similarities.
Oh about that, yes.

Games, no. And I don't like like half of the movies you say you watch lol. I did download "Only murders in the building" based on your recommendation though (didn't watch it yet).

I say I watched, but may not liked it:)

Oh, you may not like this one either:)
Do not stop after first 2-3 episodes. It gets better and better after 5th :)
It looks lazy and lousy at first, too much "teatrical/showy", gay-ish (Steve Martin and Martin Short, you can't go any softer ;)), but it gets better. Its more like old crime cinematography, I think.
And Selena - she's fantastic in this one, I started to like her a lot after watching this.

Its very light one, do not approach wanting something heavy and dark.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2022, 04:49:53 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29367 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 15:23:27 »
australia has a literacy problem ??  they must be talking bout rural right ?

hol'up,  searching this more, it looks like just about everywhere has a literacy problem. including USA ?? wth was with the 99% literacy rate on those posters I saw years ago.

""54% of U.S. adults 16-74 years old - about 130 million people - lack proficiency in literacy, reading below the equivalent of a sixth-grade level.""

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29368 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 12:12:09 »
[insert generic long weekend rant]
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29370 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 12:19:57 »
[insert generic long weekend rant]
binge drinking + promiscuity ?
No.

Currently pondering the futility of having something to look forward to, that being a music festival in a couple of months.  The same festival that was the last fun thing I did nearly 10 months ago.  It's that or finding an axe to see if it's possible to embed it in my own forehead.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29371 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 12:52:18 »

having something to look forward to, that being a music festival

I have a music festival that is the high point of the year for me, and has been for several years : Big Ears   https://bigearsfestival.org/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29372 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 13:43:56 »
Currently pondering the futility of having something to look forward to

a creative hobby , sauerkraut !

according to this book recommended by fohat, all veggies are fermentable, you can pot anything.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #29373 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 17:06:49 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29374 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 17:29:17 »
Impostor syndrome

Impostor syndrome - Wikipedia

Mozart certainly felt this when in a letter to his sister, he lamented how others thought music compositions were "easy" for him.   He's certainly talented, but not a God in the way marketers / pleb consumers iconize. Mozart's creations were the result of tense hard work.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29375 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 06:16:12 »
Just noticed the phone I've been waiting for what feels like forever for (it's 15 months late, ordered 3 months before that) is stupid-wide resolution.  So despite not chopping off half the screen for a virtual keyboard it will still be borderline unusable for this 4:3 die hard.

Still no sensible small alternatives to the stupidly expensive iphone mini either.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #29376 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 10:52:27 »
My . came back after a year and i'm starting to get flare ups. Stomach cramps. can't think the like. But hey it will go away after a week

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29377 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 12:12:00 »
I have some serious stomach aches last night... Were the worst last night.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29378 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 12:41:49 »

serious stomach aches last night

Sorry to hear that. Hope you start feeling better.

I won't pretend to give advice - you surely know more about it than I do.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #29379 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 14:14:02 »
i joined the conversation of some girls that sat beside me and they went on a rant on how i have no friends, not bothering but i just found it pretty funny

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29380 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 14:41:27 »
i joined the conversation of some girls that sat beside me and they went on a rant on how i have no friends, not bothering but i just found it pretty funny

The older you get, the more obvious it is that "no one" "knows" "anything". vast majority of hughmahnns are zombies/npc style characters.

Tp4 is almost certainly an NPC with slightly higher conversation_stats, but NPC nonetheless.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29381 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 17:15:26 »
SDR graded movies being put into HDR format containers.

If the SDR movie only goes up to ~80-100nits,  with the SDR flag you get significantly MORE bitdepth dedicated to the range of luminance values in the actual picture.

The new "Double Indemnity" disc, pretty much only goes up to 75-80 nits, yet they used 10bit HDR which stretches the 1024 values across 1000nits instead of 100nits, <much> of the format's descriptive power is not used.  This is a gross mistake. The net result is the texture detail is slightly blotchy.

Suspiria 1977, Dawn of the dead 1978, The Good the bad and the Ugly 1966,  all examples of SDR grades DONE RIGHT.

/Super Upset.

Offline sefixmm

« Reply #29382 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 01:33:15 »
What bother me lately, judder and jerky traveling in some movies or tv-shows. That's very frustrating :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 June 2022, 01:35:50 by sefixmm »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29383 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 02:04:39 »
Let's see if I get fired tomorrow for reporting my boss for workplace bullying...

Offline phinix

« Reply #29384 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 08:40:21 »
Let's see if I get fired tomorrow for reporting my boss for workplace bullying...

My thoughts are with you noisy :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29385 on: Sat, 04 June 2022, 21:56:41 »
Embracer Studios is going to single handedly destroy the AAA gaming industry from the inside, and most people have never even heard of them.

Offline yui

« Reply #29386 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 04:42:27 »
Embracer Studios is going to single handedly destroy the AAA gaming industry from the inside, and most people have never even heard of them.
the AAA gaming industry has been killing itself for a little while now, and given what it has become, kinda all for it to be honest.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29387 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 10:02:06 »
Need a new job.  No valid qualifications, poor interview technique, no proof of interest in any profession and a more than healthy confidence that I could do anything I try to - it's not a great combination.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29388 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 09:57:36 »
Sent an e-mail asking how much leave I have so I could write my resignation letter, got called into the office by the HR lady for a chat.  Instead of suffering on would I like 2.5 weeks "gardening leave" on full pay followed by my owed holiday meaning I never have to go back?  She also assured me I'd get a positive reference.

Does this sound too good to be true to anyone else or is it just me?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29389 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 10:04:25 »
they're giving you paid vacation and want you back ? or are they saying take the vacation days left pay and go with god ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29390 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 10:09:25 »
Paid vacation, allegedly so I have time to find a new job.  On the other side supposedly people who are leaving do bad work so they're better off not being there (although they know I worked my notice before joining them last year despite being offered "you can start tomorrow, we wont check your references")
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29391 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 10:15:44 »

supposedly people who are leaving do bad work

Perhaps they fear whatever complaints you could lodge against them?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29392 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 11:38:19 »
Perhaps they fear whatever complaints you could lodge against them?
It's very hard to put a finger on what's so bad about the place but it's certainly nothing worthy of any kind of external complaint so there's no need for a gagging bribe.

I now have an e-mailed letter confirming what was said - it still seems absolutely crazy.  Maybe I'll wake up in a minute...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29393 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 11:52:28 »

I now have an e-mailed letter confirming what was said - it still seems absolutely crazy. 

Were you there for a reasonable amount of time, doing a good job?

In the US, back before the Tea Party revolution, there was kind of an unwritten understanding that a good (especially a good white-collar) employee was informally entitled to a month's salary for every year of service in addition to whatever vacation or leave had accumulated. And you worked out your notice of 2 weeks, or sometimes a month while you trained your replacement.

The Republicans were delighted to strip that away when they got the chance. And because the employee was likely to be unhappy with the arrangement, they were escorted out the door immediately.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29394 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 14:35:45 »
Were you there for a reasonable amount of time, doing a good job?
I've only been with the company 10 months and part of the reason it's so frustrating is a lack of job satisfaction because there is little organisation and the machines are unreliable, as such while I've tried my best and worked plenty of overtime I cannot say I've done a good job.

you worked out your notice of 2 weeks, or sometimes a month while you trained your replacement.
So even with the extra pay the company is not immediately down a member of staff - just as generous but far more reasonable.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29395 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 16:57:39 »
Does this sound too good to be true to anyone else
Yes.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29396 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 09:44:53 »
Yes.
And yet I've just walked out with a signed letter and been wished well by the owner of the company :confused:

I guess I'll only know for sure next Friday when I get paid for either 3 days or the whole week.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #29397 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 13:20:13 »
I've tried my best and worked plenty of overtime I cannot say I've done a good job.
i think you nailed it, you tried your best, at my current job, even though i am not at all the best candidate (no qualifications and far too weak) they just offered me a long term contract (CDI here, i do not know how those are called everywhere else) because i am doing the best i can, from what they told me it is rather rare, so appreciated.

Yes.
my old job even though i quit while burning all the bridges especially with HR and the management did give me a month of paid vacation so maybe not too good to be true, they ****ed me plenty in other ways though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29398 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 13:26:49 »
I don't think asian people understand butter.  you're not suppose to eat 3 table spoons of it with 2 slices of bread.    perhaps tp4 is out of touch, is that just how people eat butter nowadays ??

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29399 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 13:36:03 »
Butter is one of those sublime pleasures that enhances almost everything that it touches.

But you can go too far, and it can become cloying and overbearing.