Author Topic: Free Logitech G500?  (Read 19914 times)

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 22:46:32 »
it appears the PID I used was from logitech's own flickr stream... Thanks logitech!
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline AndrewZorn

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:00:05 »
yeah, i didnt want to mention the number of images you can find online with a simple search.  but i also didnt think it would be that easy.

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:08:59 »
Yeah... I feel a less bad knowing I didn't rip off an individual...  A multimillion dollar corporation can afford $70 here or there unlike a normal person... (A family of 3 with less than $100 in the bank...)

But that's even assuming their G5 would break and they would need replacement...  I'm not defending morals here...  frankly, I don't much care if Logitech loses out...  And, no I'm not one of those raving people who think "THEYRE RICH LOL THEY OWE ME"... I'm just poor and even poor people deserve nice things sometimes...  I'll have a lot less guilty conscious  knowing that I got what I wanted and the parents can still pay bills while the CEO of logitech is still stuffing his face full of crabcakes somewhere in Boca...

Offline AndrewZorn

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:13:37 »
wait, so you rest easier knowing that logitech gave you an extra mouse... never even paying them for the first one... because you have no money (but 3 nice keyboards and mice)? oooooohhhhh poverty

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:22:22 »
Actually I had to sell those keyboards... using a rubber dome for now...  Total for keyboards I've spent $30... traded the M and the Chicony for the Northgate, which I sold... I was going to use the money for an engagement ring but ended up being forced to use it for car insurance so I could have transport to and from school... The Trackman I did buy yes, it was $30...  The MS Laser was a gift from my now dead grandmother (may she rest in piece)... wrapped up total... $60 over the last 2 years...  Don't you think I'd have more if I could afford more?  And I never claimed poverty... but considering my stepdad doesn't have a job (He used to make $70k a year, so yes, we have had to make several life-style adjustments) and my mother bringing home only $400 a week and paying insurance for 3 cars, a house payment, utilities and the like, is it that wrong for me wanting to have a few luxuries?  So yes, I do feel better knowing it was logitech and not some poor sap that could possibly be in the same situation as we are, or worse.

Offline AndrewZorn

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:28:41 »
you forgot the third option.  use a mouse that you paid for.  with all that trouble, id make sure to get a job, ride the bus, etc.  not make a phone call and trick a company easing up on their RMA harshness to send you something superfluous for free.

just like how MSDNAA no longer has windows 7.  same ****ing thing.  ruined.  if logitech ever finds out they were jipped this bad, theyll require a customer-pays-postage-both-ways return of the old stuff next time.

i mean its one thing to look at your aged G5, say "man, ive been really careful with this, dealt with a lot of trouble from it, but it isnt 100% broken... but ill call anyway"
but quite another to just look around for some numbers so that a clueless phone rep will assist in your scheme, so you dont have to go to best buy and physically steal it yourself.

EDIT if you were even halfway into the robin hood **** you would take that new mouse and give it away to some kid or something... at least then youd have some moral gray area to argue from.

THE BUMS

will always lose
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:43:55 by AndrewZorn »

Offline msiegel

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:30:47 »
maybe we can take up a collection next time :)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:51:12 »
Yeah, I'm a selfish bastard.... I'm not gonna feed your self-riotous rant...  Yeah, I scammed logitech for a new mouse...   With the only person I've felt the need to cling to a shred of decency for gone, morals are out the window.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree considering my biological father is serving time for Fraud and embezzlement of $3mil...  Yep yep yep, you're right about me and I'm not gonna argue with you.

Offline AndrewZorn

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 23 November 2009, 23:52:47 »
hard-knock life, etc

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:34:26 »
I come here because I am a former pro gamer and a budding input guru I have a passion for keyboards and I thought some of you were nice guys but apparently I was wrong. I created this thread because I thought I would do something special for my 100th post but if I knew it was going to turn into a ethical dilemma I would of closed the topic on creation.

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:45:05 »
I come here because I am a former pro gamer and a budding input guru I have a passion for keyboards and I thought some of you were nice guys but apparently I was wrong. I created this thread because I thought I would do something special for my 100th post but instead my feelings got hurt. if I knew it was going to turn into a moral dilemma I would of closed the topic on creation. whats the point of creating threads if they are constantly going to be derailed or crapped on by people who feel the need to flex their superior intellect and have the last word. seriously TAKE YOUR ****ING EAR MEDICINE. god I miss the BBS days. did I mention I miss the BBS days?
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:48:54 by lmnop »

Offline Rajagra

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:48:34 »
Relax, everyone. Some people are going to get good customer service, a handful will get free mice for nothing, and Logitech will get some good PR. Nothing to get worked up over.

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:49:25 »
I come here because I am a former pro gamer and a budding input guru I have a passion for keyboards and I thought some of you were nice guys but apparently I was wrong. I created this thread because I thought I would do something special for my 100th post but instead my feelings got hurt. if I knew it was going to turn into a moral dilemma I would of closed the topic on creation. whats the point of creating threads if they are constantly going to be derailed or crapped on by people who feel the need to flex their superior intellect and have the last word. seriously TAKE YOUR FU*KING EAR MEDICINE. god I miss the BBS days. did I mention I miss the BBS days?

i'll relax when I get a valium :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2009, 03:51:45 by lmnop »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 04:39:05 »
Quote from: AndrewZorn;135395
but logitech's only sin is giving the gaymers what they want

I suggest we deploy Webwit to clear up the remaining moral ***gotry.

A multimillion dollar corporation can afford $70 here or there unlike a normal person

It does NOT cost Logitech $70 to make a G5 =P

I might ask my cousin for his P/N...
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2009, 04:45:49 by ch_123 »

Offline Viett

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 08:31:49 »
You all think you're exploiting Logitech, when in truth, they are actually sending you Logitech products (the horror)!
Keyboards: FKBN87MC/NPEK, Dell AT101W (Black), IBM Model M 1391401 (91) x 2, Deck 82 Fire, Cherry MX8100 (Clears), Siig Minitouch
Layouts: Colemak (100WPM), QWERTY (100WPM) -- Alternative Layouts Review

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 08:34:38 »
The G5 is a pretty decent mouse I must say.

Offline InSanCen

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 08:52:08 »
Quote from: ch_123;135842
I suggest we deploy Webwit to clear up the remaining moral ***gotry.

Excellent Idea.

Anyone got any popcorn?
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 09:09:08 »
why does everybody pick on him?

Offline AndrewZorn

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 11:46:36 »
ill try to stick around, i thought this was already done...

EDIT also, cannot wait to see whether "moral ***gotry" is sarcasm or not when you call a company and exploit their RMA process for a free mouse.

i mean, if there was a thread that found out that sending an empty box back instead of a motherboard yielded you a free board, because they apparently werent checking the merchandise, or even if you had a receipt, would that be okay too?  its pretty much the same thing.

so if all this is okay, would it be wrong to grab a mouse or two off a shelf?  same thing... "they should have had armed guards!  it is a fallacy within their own procedures that gave me the chance!"
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2009, 11:49:12 by AndrewZorn »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 15:29:10 »
Maybe the G5's will be worth more someday.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 16:55:15 »
Quote from: kishy;135983
I dunno what you people are on about, they do require the old mouse back (at least in Canada...)

Just went through this process and at the end he tells me how's I'll receive a prepaid UPS shipping label to send back the old mouse. Goes on to explain that they changed their policies about a year ago due to abuse and how the new mouse (which would indeed be a G500) would not be released to the customer until after the old G5 was received, accounted for and destroyed.

Yes, destroyed, they trash em as soon as they verify the numbers match.

did you go through the support ticket?

Offline lmnop

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 17:13:03 »
nevermind.

maybe we should start up the Logitech Railroad :)

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 19:58:18 »
I didn't need to create a support ticket... They gave me a tracking number and said delivery in about a week...  I'll post pics when it comes in :)

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 20:10:52 »
Nope.  Live person, and he was actually an American (surprising)...  I did go to their website for the phone number though...

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 November 2009, 20:11:37 »
Support / Warranty Claims
+1 646-454-3200

was the phone number I used.

Offline exousia

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 25 November 2009, 17:19:25 »
I had a Logitech Z-5500 speaker system that was having issues back in 2004. I called Logitech, they RMA'ed it and sent me their brand new Z-5500 refresh which had/has a larger 10" sub and 500 watts rms.

Best.warranty.service.ever.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 25 November 2009, 17:22:12 »
I had a similar story with Corsair. 3.5 years into a 5 year warranty, the connector snapped off my 2GB Flash Voyager USB stick. I filled in a form, sent it off, and a few weeks later I got a brand new 8GB stick with no questions asked.

Offline PRISONER 24601

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 30 November 2009, 07:52:38 »
I got my G5 cause one of my G3s had a slight tracking problem. It was fixed with a later setpoint release too ;)

I will see if I can repeat this process on tuesday.

If success, that means a G3, G5, and G500 for the cost of a G3.
Should have done this with my MX1000 when the battery started to go soft.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
G80-3000LSCRC-2 (MX), "Ricercar" G86-6241OEUAGSA (MX), MX11800 (MX), AEKII (ALPS), AEK (ALPS) Apple Keyboard A9M0330 (ALPS), IBM Model F XT (Bucking Spring), IBM Space Saver 1391472 (Bucking Spring).

Offline mp29k

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 30 November 2009, 10:11:31 »
I have to agree with the posters who state that this is morally wrong.

Stealing, nothing more.
"You thought keyboards were expensive. Try putting some rubber domes in your GF." -itlnstln

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 30 November 2009, 17:51:18 »
Remember to ask before you take stuff!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 30 November 2009, 23:10:43 »
what he said.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 02 December 2009, 19:23:04 »
Quote from: logitech
-- This is an automatically generated e-mail. Please do not reply to it --

Dear XXX XXXXX,

Your fulfillment has been shipped.

The following products were included :

1 ¦ MOUSE,Logitech Gaming Mouse G500

shipped.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 02 December 2009, 19:24:12 »
What makes these "gaming" mouse best for playing computer games?

Offline Arc'xer

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 02 December 2009, 22:25:12 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;138199
What makes these "gaming" mouse best for playing computer games?

Some people feel that these mice's are gimmicky. Some are, there is no denying that but some aren't even if they look that way and are marketed that way, they do what they do.

The primary problem with standard mice is the cost cutting methods to build cheap and sell high. So they can't do the job even though some of them are capable of like the Microsoft Wheel mouse optical 1.1, Intellioptical 1.1, wheel mouse optical 3.0 as well as some of the older Logitech MX300; 310 and a few of their older mice which had good engines. like G1 and G3 if I'm not mistaken. Usually though you need to overclock the polling rate to 500Hz or 1000Hz, this benefits the engine for example the WMO/IO/IME all use the same engine their max tracking speed is 1 m/s but when overclocked past 250Hz they can track 1.5 m/s.

The biggest factor is the engine and it's capabilities.(completely forgot):, shape and comfort very important maybe equally important as the engine specifications and capabilities).
  • Tracking speed(meters/inches per second it can track)
  • image processing(frames per second of the engine, how many times it takes an image in a second of the surface)
  • DPI(amount of pixels per inch e.g. 2000DPI = 2000 pixels per inch to the movement you performed),
  • acceleration(how many Gs(gravity) of force it can handle)
  • polling rate(how many times the computer asks the mouse where it's at and how many times the mouse sends back the position back per second)
  • Additional buttons
  • With or without mouse correction/prediction(humans don't really make lines as straight as they want so the engine corrects the mistakes and instead of having a free-flowing line to your movements it's nearly straight) etc.etc.

Basically while there are different sensitivities of use high, medium, and low. In particularly medium and to a greater extent low. Some of these low sensitivity players can cause a mouse to fail to track. Lower sensitivities use their arm to sweep their view in some cases they can reach 100cm/360.

Now some people will say that who cares people use regular mice and they do well, even the "pro gamers" use cheapo 15 dollar mice. Well yeah it's true but at the same time it's mostly out of habit for a lot of people. Now I'm not one to outright say they are not worth the money.

But it depends on which one you get. I have used the deathadder and I should have gotten it a lot sooner then when I got my G5 before it. But I asked for an RMA got the G500 and loving it. Replaced my deathadder and the deathadder aside from the price is a pretty basic looking mice but back in 2007 when it was released and even to this day it's considered to be one of the greatest gaming mice released. So I guess in the end the G5 was a great investment.

So either way a lot of people will say gaming mice are a gimmick this and that. It's not for everyone if you feel your 15 dollar microsoft mice does the job well okay then. But there's gonna come a time where I'm sure people might consider it.

It's a pretty debatable thing especially with the DPI wars going on between the mice companies. I like to do the research beforehand if your someone who is willing to spend money, research cause really no one is putting a gun to your head to buy it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 December 2009, 22:33:06 by Arc'xer »

Offline zwmalone

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 15:15:52 »

Bam!

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 15:48:26 »
I'm surrounded by criminals. :redface:

Offline itlnstln

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 16:24:55 »
Are you a fan of the Harmony?  I have the 880, and I love it.  I thought about the 1000, but I didn't want something quite that big.  I thought it would be a little counter-productive using something that would need two hands most of the time.

Offline itlnstln

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 16:39:42 »
Quote from: ripster;138473
Well, I use it and despise it at the same time. The programming of it was incredibly cumbersome and it is SO easy to get mis-hits on a touch screen remote. Buggy as hell too.

I think they improved that (mis-reads, bugs) with the new model. That's another reason that I went with the 880. I wish I had the 890, though, for the RF functionality.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 16:40:50 »
Quote from: ripster;138461
buy a Logitech product like the Harmony 1000

You bought one? I was a usability tester on the Harmony series. How do you like it?

Offline itlnstln

Free Logitech G500?
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 03 December 2009, 16:42:20 »
@ricercar:

Quote from: ripster;138473
Well, I use it and despise it at the same time. The programming of it was incredibly cumbersome and it is SO easy to get mis-hits on a touch screen remote. Buggy as hell too.

Logitech owns SlimDevices now (the Squeezebox) and I worry the bad Logitech SW curse will rub off onto them.