geekhack Community > Off Topic

What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.

<< < (299/492) > >>

iri:
Bladerunner?

noisyturtle:
Sandman on NF. Only a few episodes in, I am finding it a little divisive with some of the 'changes' they decided to make for the shows audience. It seems totally unneeded to have changed any major characters or plot point to better suit today's current social climate. It is really wedged in there, and for zero gain or decernable reason other that to be 'woke.' And I hated typing that sentence, but turning John Constantine into a happy lesbian is just... it is NOT that character in any way at all whatsoever. I love Constantine and his misery and chain smoking, this was some bull**** bored meeting created character with no tooth, she doesn't even smoke!

But other than them ruining one of my favorite comic characters, the show is pretty good. It could never live up to expectations from fans, but the guy playing Dream REALLY looks like him. I did not think they could capture that slightly dazed vibe he has, plus how skinny he is in the comics, but Sturridge did a great job I think. He kinda looks like a fit version of Nathan Fielder from Nathan For You.
Currently 3 eps deep, I hope it can find it's footing a little better as the plot unfolds.

tp4tissue:
Trek Lower Decks is legitimately good. cheese @ times, but it's still fairly mature/ self aware.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 10 August 2022, 19:04:47 ---
cheese @ times

--- End quote ---

I will give it a try sometime. Picard season 2 would have been great if they had stripped out all the crap and fights and made it a single 1-hour show.

tp4tissue:
I don't understand, you'd think Vulcans would use their terraform tech to make their planet look less crummy/desolate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version