Author Topic: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Group Buy Coming Soon  (Read 108732 times)

Offline mimalik

Re: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Group Buy Coming Soon
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 20:20:52 »
Will they be manufactured by SP or MaxKey?

Offline Taques

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 20:24:08 »
Will they be manufactured by SP or MaxKey?

Signature Plastics

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 07:07:50 »
Glad to see a proper 40s kit.  :thumb:

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 08:39:57 »

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 08:59:45 »
Skipped the gmk version for this one. Looking forward to the group buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 09:12:02 »
I made a simple banner using one of Thesiscamper's great renders:

If you like to support this project, add it to your signature. Thanks!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94288.0][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/DxRYWx0.png[/img][/url]

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 13:55:45 »
What do you guys think would be the modern layout that most closely resembles that of the Space Cadet. Excluding Hyper 7, which is obnoxiously big.

I was thinking 60% wouldn’t count, since it would lack the row of blue keys at the top (F keys). Tenkeyless has spacing between blocks of Keycaps, so it’s also far from SC. 1800 has a numpad, which SC doesn’t. So... I think 75% would be the “closest”. Do you guys agree?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 14:04:24 »
What do you guys think would be the modern layout that most closely resembles that of the Space Cadet. Excluding Hyper 7, which is obnoxiously big.

I was thinking 60% wouldn’t count, since it would lack the row of blue keys at the top (F keys). Tenkeyless has spacing between blocks of Keycaps, so it’s also far from SC. 1800 has a numpad, which SC doesn’t. So... I think 75% would be the “closest”. Do you guys agree?

Just for the layout, maybe Duck TC-V3?

Offline petamva

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 03:52:14 »
So hyped for this.
Thank you so much @hhkbp2 for all the trouble you went through for this to come to life!
I would like the mods to be light grey-ish blue but that's my personal preference.
Great work!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #359 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 14:46:57 »
Oh Lord this is going to absolutely destroy my wallet. This alongside Modern Selectric are my grail sets.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline mimalik

« Reply #360 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 09:08:16 »
How soon is coming soon? This month  or next? Already went for GMK Space Cadet but will buy this as well, and with GMK Carbon R2 in coming months....need another job to sustain this hobby.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 09:18:01 »
How soon is coming soon? This month  or next? Already went for GMK Space Cadet but will buy this as well, and with GMK Carbon R2 in coming months....need another job to sustain this hobby.

Hey, thanks for your support! The group buy is scheduled to launch in Kono Store at late September or early October. The exact day will be decided just a few days ahead. I will update when we have a specific date. If you want to get update to your email, you could join the waitlist on the corresponding product webpage in Kono Store: link.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 03:46:49 »
Hello guys! First up, I will 100% buy this keycaps set. But I am wondering why there are no alpha coloured spacebars in the spacebars kit. The inclusion of them in the kit would be amazing. I love the alphas and will get them alongside the VIM and NorDe kit but I am not a fan of the modifiers (I just do not like blue that much). Because of this I would have to buy the whole modifier kit for just the spacebars.
Moreover there are alpha coloured spacebars in the small spacebar kit as well.

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for making this stunning set a reality.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #363 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 04:10:57 »
Hello guys! First up, I will 100% buy this keycaps set. But I am wondering why there are no alpha coloured spacebars in the spacebars kit. The inclusion of them in the kit would be amazing. I love the alphas and will get them alongside the VIM and NorDe kit but I am not a fan of the modifiers (I just do not like blue that much). Because of this I would have to buy the whole modifier kit for just the spacebars.

Thanks for your feedback. There will be gray spacebars kit in the GB.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #364 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 04:12:13 »

Amazing  :thumb:

Offline fouras

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 09:37:50 »

Could you add the 1u backslash to the alphas as well? Currently, someone who just wants those is forced to buy the non-standard kit for one cap.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 09:41:46 »
Could you add the 1u backslash to the alphas as well? Currently, someone who just wants those is forced to buy the non-standard kit for one cap.

This change was done already, like the gray spacebars. The R1 1u backslash key is moved from Non-standard kit to Alphas kit.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 10:03:26 »
Any update on the exact date this run will be opening?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 10:56:32 »
Any update on the exact date this run will be opening?

No yet.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 01:47:53 »
Just got message from Kono Store that the GB will launch at 830 am PST this Wednesday, September 26.

There are a few changes since the last update when we soft-locked the kits. Feedbacks came from people of GH, Reddit and other places, and I listened to make changes:

• Moved R1 1u backslash from Non-standard kit to Alphas kit
  • Added Gray Choices kit
  • Added Gray Spacebars kit and Yellow Spacebars kit
  • Moved R1 DEL, END, PAGEDOWN from Modifiers to Non-standard kit
  • Revised some legends on Ergodox kit for consistency

The link to all latest kits

Thank you all for the support and feedbacks. I think all feedbacks were taken in although not every request was fulfilled. Thank Kono Store to work with me with those changes even after we locked the kits. The GB is about to begin, enjoy!
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2018, 01:56:11 by hhkbp2 »

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 02:08:11 »
Just got message from Kono Store that the GB will launch at 830 am PST this Wednesday, September 26.

There are a few changes since the last update when we soft-locked the kits. Feedbacks came from people of GH, Reddit and other places, and I listened to make changes:

• Moved R1 1u backslash from Non-standard kit to Alphas kit
  • Added Gray Choices kit
  • Added Gray Spacebars kit and Yellow Spacebars kit
  • Moved R1 DEL, END, PAGEDOWN from Modifiers to Non-standard kit
  • Revised some legends on Ergodox kit for consistency

The link to all latest kits

Thank you all for the support and feedbacks. I think all feedbacks were taken in although not every request was fulfilled. Thank Kono Store to work with me with those changes even after we locked the kits. The GB is about to begin, enjoy!

How long will the GB last? Will we have a month? I'll need some time to save some money to buy a few kits :)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 02:25:35 »

How long will the GB last? Will we have a month? I'll need some time to save some money to buy a few kits :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. The GB will last for a month usually.

Offline wtoe

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 06:49:32 »
Yesssssss thank you for making this happen so quickly!

Edit: It looks like the CADR set is in the imgur gallery of the finalized kits, but it's not up in the store?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:50:14 by wtoe »

Offline Evilocity

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:29:05 »
When does it ship?

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 08:37:46 »
What's up with the pricing on Cadet? $44 for 8 caps seems high even for SA, especially when the entire alphas kit is cheaper.

Offline hervuli

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 09:45:24 »

Edit: It looks like the CADR set is in the imgur gallery of the finalized kits, but it's not up in the store?

Seconding this question, mostly interested uniform profile and would mainly be in for CADR!
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 09:53:45 »
The only potential problem I foresee is that with so many choices, some of the kits may not hit MOQ. For example between blue and grey choices kit. Can you clarify how that will be handled? Let’s say I order grey choices kit and it doesn’t hit MOQ but the blue one does. Will I be able to switch my order to the blue choices kit?

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 10:52:28 »
What is the ETA for ship date?
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".

Offline vodan

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 11:29:44 »
When will this be reflected on zFrontier? Very interested!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:22:48 »
I created a thread for the GB but it's still awaiting approval, so we would just discuss more in this thread until it's ready.

What is the ETA for ship date?

When does it ship?

Thanks for asking. The ETA info was added.

What's up with the pricing on Cadet? $44 for 8 caps seems high even for SA, especially when the entire alphas kit is cheaper.

I think it's a mistake. I have told guys in Kono Store to double check this. It should be fixed soon.

Seconding this question, mostly interested uniform profile and would mainly be in for CADR!

I talked to Kono Store for this. It's just because the price of CADR kit is higher than we expected so they would like to talk to me before make it online. It will be added soon. The price at 50 MOQ is high than I expected indeed. Please place your order to make it happen. Thanks!

The only potential problem I foresee is that with so many choices, some of the kits may not hit MOQ. For example between blue and grey choices kit. Can you clarify how that will be handled? Let’s say I order grey choices kit and it doesn’t hit MOQ but the blue one does. Will I be able to switch my order to the blue choices kit?

You're able to change your order anytime during the GB, no matter what reason it is. But I don't think the reason will be color switching due to MOQ issue. Since there are many people asking for gray choices kit, the prices for them are not expensive, and the prices for them don't change a lot from 15 - 250, if any choices kit fails MOQ, it's quite easy for Kono Store to buy the rest to make it to a low, suitable MOQ. Take a big step back, if no one buy these choices kit at all, e.g. the final sold number is just 1 or 2, then we would just cancel them before the GB ends. In this case we will make sure you have the time(a few days maybe) to change your order as you like.

From the design point of view, there are usually voices saying the choices are not enough rather than too many. It's NOT practical to force people who don't like blue choices kit to buy it by not providing gray choices kit, take zslane for example.  ;D We didn't have the gray choice kit just because no one reached me and gave feedback saying they needed it, and I would like to keep the total kit number small. And I don't think it will cause the blue choices kit fail to reach its MOQ because some people come in and buy gray choices kit. IMO, well it's not a zero-sum game, it's more positive way to think that,  now we have more people who like either color happy, joining in the game.

When will this be reflected on zFrontier? Very interested!

It will present in zFrontier in a day or two.

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:26:12 by hhkbp2 »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:30:59 »

You're able to change your order anytime during the GB, no matter what reason it is. But I don't think the reason will be color switching due to MOQ issue. Since there are many people asking for gray choices kit, the prices for them are not expensive, and the prices for them don't change a lot from 15 - 250, if any choices kit fails MOQ, it's quite easy for Kono Store to buy the rest to make it to a low, suitable MOQ. Take a big step back, if no one buy these choices kit at at, e.g. the final sold number is just 1 or 2, then we would just cancel them before the GB ends. In this case we will make sure you have the time(a few days maybe) to change your order as you like.

From the design point of view, there are usually voices saying the choices are not enough rather than too many. It's NOT practical to force people who don't like blue choices kit to buy it by not providing gray choices kit, take zslane for example.  ;D We didn't have the gray choice kit just because no one reached me and gave feedback saying they needed it, and I would like to keep the total kit number small. And I don't think it will cause the blue choices kit fail to reach its MOQ because some people come in and buy gray choices kit. IMO, well it's not a zero-sum game, it's more positive way to think that,  now we have more people who like either color happy, joining in the game.

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to know how this would be handled in the event that the issue came up and you answered that beautifully. Definitely hope you didn’t take my comment the wrong way! I’m very excited to have all of these options and I’m very glad that the grey choices ended up making it into the gb!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:32:14 »
Is it better/ intended for me as a European to buy from zFrontier?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #382 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:39:06 »

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to know how this would be handled in the event that the issue came up and you answered that beautifully. Definitely hope you didn’t take my comment the wrong way! I’m very excited to have all of these options and I’m very glad that the grey choices ended up making it into the gb!

No problem at all. I guess I just said a bit more so as to make you feel safe to place your order.  ;D
Thanks for your support!

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:40:13 »

No problem at all. I guess I just said a bit more so as to make you feel safe to place your order.  ;D
Thanks for your support!

I’m definitely in! Hoping to pair this with VoC run by Novelkeys.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #384 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:42:40 »
Is it better/ intended for me as a European to buy from zFrontier?

Emm... I have no idea why you raised this question. How about buying via our EU proxy Mykeyboard? Anyone could share his/her experience?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #385 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:55:25 »
Hi guys, the GB thread is ready. Let's discuss there.

GB thread is here