Author Topic: [IC] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset GROUP BUY IS LIVE!  (Read 71784 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
Re: [IC] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset RENDERS AND UPDATE
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 10:02:23 »
For anyone that didn’t know, the GB is open now.

I’m in!

Thanks for the support!

how long will this run? i dont think i can get in this week but next week is freee haha

This'll run for four weeks. I look forward to your purchase!

Offline elpepe21

Re: [IC] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset GROUP BUY IS LIVE!
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 15:36:50 »
Imma in

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
[IC] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset GROUP BUY IS LIVE!
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 21:33:13 »
Looking at the render on TKC, some keys were removed from the base kit render shown in the OP.  The R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn are gone.  There's no R4 1U Ctrl or Alt for the bottom row anymore.  The 1U R4 Code keys are gone.  There are other deletions as well; that's just where I lost interest and stopped.  Check the new kit render shown on TKC (not the one in this thread) carefully before ordering.

There was a big update at the top of the first post and in this thread saying the base kit had changed. The render wasn't available at the time. We were working up to the wire to get this ready and it happened to go up on TKC before it was updated here. TKC is in Michigan, I'm in London so we are in different time zones. Hopefully that explains why there was a lag before this thread was updated (we're not trying to mislead anyone!). I've put the new render there now.

Regarding the key changes, we responded to feedback and made changes accordingly. As with any key set GB, a balance has to be struck between compatibility and cost. Sorry if we got rid of specific caps that you want but the kit covers a multitude of layouts and hopefully some novelties or alternative caps can be used in their stead. There are R4 1u Start and Select and 4x R4 1u button novelty caps to replace the Ctrl Alt and Code keys you mentioned, for example. Lots of people requested novelties for the set so we added a load. I'm sorry that you've decided it's not for you, hopefully most people will still find the caps they want in this final kit.

I like the start and select and the button ones, but while I like them, I think putting the dpad ones in the base kit was a mistake. With 2 new molds, a new color and 4 extra keys, they alone likely added 10-15 to the base cost. Gmk has a per color kit cost.

I could care less about removing code tho.

EDIT: I’m still getting 1-2 in a few weeks.

Offline zoso1227

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 00:24:32 »
I just ordered! So excited to get this set! Quick question? Do you know if we need to get the Pocket Modifiers for the Candy Bar Keyboard?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 02:57:57 »
Waiting for this to get on zf!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 04:30:39 »
Looking at the render on TKC, some keys were removed from the base kit render shown in the OP.  The R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn are gone.  There's no R4 1U Ctrl or Alt for the bottom row anymore.  The 1U R4 Code keys are gone.  There are other deletions as well; that's just where I lost interest and stopped.  Check the new kit render shown on TKC (not the one in this thread) carefully before ordering.

There was a big update at the top of the first post and in this thread saying the base kit had changed. The render wasn't available at the time. We were working up to the wire to get this ready and it happened to go up on TKC before it was updated here. TKC is in Michigan, I'm in London so we are in different time zones. Hopefully that explains why there was a lag before this thread was updated (we're not trying to mislead anyone!). I've put the new render there now.

Regarding the key changes, we responded to feedback and made changes accordingly. As with any key set GB, a balance has to be struck between compatibility and cost. Sorry if we got rid of specific caps that you want but the kit covers a multitude of layouts and hopefully some novelties or alternative caps can be used in their stead. There are R4 1u Start and Select and 4x R4 1u button novelty caps to replace the Ctrl Alt and Code keys you mentioned, for example. Lots of people requested novelties for the set so we added a load. I'm sorry that you've decided it's not for you, hopefully most people will still find the caps they want in this final kit.

I like the start and select and the button ones, but while I like them, I think putting the dpad ones in the base kit was a mistake. With 2 new molds, a new color and 4 extra keys, they alone likely added 10-15 to the base cost. Gmk has a per color kit cost.

I could care less about removing code tho.

EDIT: I’m still getting 1-2 in a few weeks.

I feel you but we actually added the arrow keys after the retail price was set from the previous base kit so the cost hasn't been passed on to the buyers. Arrow keys were one thing that was repeatedly asked for in the feedback, I designed them early on but thought they were too extravagent, but now I'm glad to have them included and I reckon they're gonna be worth it.

Cheers for getting on board with this kit man!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 06:39:55 »
I just ordered! So excited to get this set! Quick question? Do you know if we need to get the Pocket Modifiers for the Candy Bar Keyboard?

Thanks for the support! Yep, Pocket kit is needed for Candybar coverage.

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 13:24:24 »
The final kit looks great. I think the price is fine considering what is actually included and the arrow novelties are exactly what I was hoping for. I just put in my order so I hope it all goes well.

Offline xoxox1029

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 05:13:19 »
very classic like them

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 07:38:17 »
Now that the GB is open, shouldn't there be a proper GB thread?  Is it still just waiting to be approved?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 08:00:57 »
Now that the GB is open, shouldn't there be a proper GB thread?  Is it still just waiting to be approved?
none submitted  :(
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 08:03:40 »

It'll be submitted later today. Jason at TKC is moving house so it's all been very hectic getting this launch sorted. Sorry guys!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 08:08:04 »

It'll be submitted later today. Jason at TKC is moving house so it's all been very hectic getting this launch sorted. Sorry guys!
No woirries! Just send me a PM when it's submitted so I can approve asap :) GL with GB !

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 08:16:36 »
I realised I haven't explicitly pointed out what novelties we've ended up adding to the base kit, and they're scattered around the image a bit so here's the list:

2x 1u R4 button novelties on alpha colour.
2x 1u R4 button novelties on mod colour.
2x 1.25u R4 button novelties on mod colour.
D-pad arrow cluster w/ mod colour legends on N9 base.
1x 1u R4 Start novelty on mod colour.
1x 1u R4 Select novelty on mod colour.
1x 1.25u R4 Start novelty on mod colour.
1x 1.25u R4 Select novelty on mod colour.
1x 1u R1 battery novelty on mod colour windowed cap.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:28:40 »