Author Topic: [IC] Classic Space  (Read 34967 times)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Re: [IC] Classic Space
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 06:14:57 »
I'm in for this. I like the KAM profile and think there are too many SA keycaps sets out there as it is so I'm glad this is offering something different and unique.

My only suggestion would be to echo another's in this thread that the ergodox kit doesn't seem to reflect the rest of the theme in terms of what is printed on the keycaps. It may be too late, but maybe simple iconography would be better here.

Hmmm you meant GMK instead? With the very common lead time of over 1 year (with the recent commando set being 3 years from 2016 lol) there can't be too many SA set out there can it 😂😂. Correct me if I'm wrong bu except the private Nautilus set, I don't think we've seen any SA set delivered for the last half a year or so.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 11:33:19 »
I'm in for this. I like the KAM profile and think there are too many SA keycaps sets out there as it is so I'm glad this is offering something different and unique.

My only suggestion would be to echo another's in this thread that the ergodox kit doesn't seem to reflect the rest of the theme in terms of what is printed on the keycaps. It may be too late, but maybe simple iconography would be better here.

Hmmm you meant GMK instead? With the very common lead time of over 1 year (with the recent commando set being 3 years from 2016 lol) there can't be too many SA set out there can it 😂😂. Correct me if I'm wrong bu except the private Nautilus set, I don't think we've seen any SA set delivered for the last half a year or so.

Not sure what commando set you're talking about, but most SA sets hit their 1 year mark. Some a little earlier and some a little later, but usually there are extenuating circumstances if they go much past a year.

I don't keep close tabs on sets I'm not invested in, but yes, there have been at least 4 sets that I can recall being delivered in the last 6 months or so, SA Nuclear Data, SA Oblivion, SA Corner Creatures, and SA Carbon. Corner Creatures back in like February or March, Carbon in like March or April, and Oblivion back in June. Oblivion drop ended in September 2017 and delivered in June 2018, that's less than a year... Including SA Nautilus, that's at least 5 sets delivered this year.

Yes, there are actually a ton of SA sets out there...

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 11:51:37 »
I love the new renders and the lower profile KAM set looks fantastic in my view. Yes, smooth keycaps/sides would be a nice touch but are certainly not a deal killer for me.

Offline Rtrev1

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 03:27:07 »
Can you please add a blue 2u left shift. I have a gk64 and I need this keycap set on it! These keycaps are so amazing!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] Classic Space
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 10:41:34 »
After looking at your updated renders, I believe I will be joining once it’s live. I’m a 40% MKB user & plan to get every kit that associates w/ a 40%!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2018, 10:48:47 by William_S_Jones »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 20:23:30 »
Please don't let this one slip away! SA SA SA

Offline equalunique

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 16:10:34 »
I am in favor of a uniform profile because greater modularity comes from not being limited by row sculpt, and that seems to fit with the lego theme of this set.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline thorin

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 07:23:53 »
I would be in for these. I like uniform profile myself. I’d also be very interested in icon mods and I love that chunky arrow on the LEGO pic.

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 10:17:49 »
I love the font. I personally am in favor of uniform profile. As much as I like sculpted caps, it makes it a pain to get all the kits unless I'm dead set on using it on one layout and never anything else.

I will follow this thread for updates.
Interest withdrawn.
Good luck!

Offline tanega

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 14:26:37 »
KAM would be nice if the surface is shiny.

I would join GB but as an ergo user :
- why not splitting the alpha in a separate kit ?
- I would prefer a ergo kit with simpler text/iconography

Also do you have any news from keyreative ? Kam Starry Night is still missing, it's a bit worrying.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 08:00:48 »
I know it's been very quiet recently but we have been making progress on Classic Space. Communicating with the factory has been more difficult and time consuming than anticipated, but we've finally gotten satisfactory color samples. This final revision is basically an exact match for the original Lego colors, as far as I can tell - even the translucent pieces are impressively close. I've added a few phone photos of the samples below - better ones will be posted on thekey.company soon.

I can't say anything about when the group buy will come, as the unforeseen delays so far have been long and numerous. It's holiday season in China now so there could be a lot more waiting before we get a full sample kit. I'll post updates when I get them.

212220-0

212222-1

212224-2

Offline Kavik

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 20:46:29 »
I know it's been very quiet recently but we have been making progress on Classic Space. Communicating with the factory has been more difficult and time consuming than anticipated, but we've finally gotten satisfactory color samples. This final revision is basically an exact match for the original Lego colors, as far as I can tell - even the translucent pieces are impressively close. I've added a few phone photos of the samples below - better ones will be posted on thekey.company soon.

I can't say anything about when the group buy will come, as the unforeseen delays so far have been long and numerous. It's holiday season in China now so there could be a lot more waiting before we get a full sample kit. I'll post updates when I get them.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow, those color samples look amazing!  :eek:

Thanks for the update.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 21:38:05 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

fingers crossed
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 14:15:55 »
The sample colors look nice. Any chance for a NorDe kit?

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 08:27:09 »
I just got these photos of the first prototype set from China and couldn't wait to share. The color of the translucent keys and the smooth finish looks even better than I expected. So shiny! I'll have the physical prototype to check very soon, but I'm already very excited. The keys shown are from the base, novelty, and alternate mods kits.

222980-0

222982-1

222984-2

222986-3

222988-4
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2019, 08:28:48 by CQ_Cumbers »

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 08:54:44 »
oof  :eek:

Offline equalunique

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 11:29:18 »
I had no idea PBT keycaps could be this smooth. I'm amazed by those pics & very intrigued. This seems like one of those sets where I'll simply want every kit.

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Jedi

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 12:29:35 »
Holy...  This went from earth to the moon (thought it was gone forever) and looks like its orbiting back in for a landing.  Great work on the prototype!  In all my years on GH I've never seen a new set of key caps from a brand new concept ever look this impressive.  Back on watch duty for this one.

Offline Wiesky

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 14:38:48 »
I need this in my life!
+1 for NorDe/International

Offline vilagefool

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:24:15 »
holybbqcrap, it's alive (again)!!! yes to KAM! Legos are supposed to be shiny.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 17:02:37 »
The legends are impressive.  I’m not sure I like the font or the glossy look, but it is well crafted and well designed. 

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 18:30:29 »
Set Details
  • Reverse dyesub PBT keycaps with SA-like profile
Would you be able to update the original post?  I was wondering how PBT can be shiny but after scrolling up, I realized this got changed to KAM.

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 15:59:49 »
Set Details
Would you be able to update the original post?  I was wondering how PBT can be shiny but after scrolling up, I realized this got changed to KAM.

I've updated the post with the profile, but I believe the material is still PBT.

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 19:44:18 »
Set Details

I've updated the post with the profile, but I believe the material is still PBT.
Wow interesting. I didn’t know PBT can be so shiny.

Offline mtuanvu

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 08:57:24 »
Just got KAM Starry Night last month and I can assure that Keyrative PBT surface can be even more smooth, shiny than SP SA abs keycaps

Offline CQ_Cumbers

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 11:36:43 »
I realized I haven't updated this thread with a render of the (probably) final kit layout, so here's that. The colors and legends may not quite match the real thing but it should give you a good idea of what will be included.

223284-0

Some more details:

- The blank yellow keys and the keys in the highlight kit will be translucent polycarbonate.
- The base TKL kit includes homing and non-homing F and J keys
- The novelty kit includes 2 1u, 2 1.25 u, a 2u, and a 2.25u version of the logo/face designs. LL 918 is on a 2u key and LL 928 is on 2.25u key.
- The nonstandard layout kit includes 2 1.5u and 1 1.75u Ctrls, a 1.75u Shift, 2 1.5u Alts, a 1.25u Caps Lock, 1.5u and 1.75u Backspaces, a 7u spacebar, and homing HUNT keys.
- The highlight kit includes 1u, 2u, and 6.25u keys of each color
- The Planck/40 kit includes 1.25u tab, 1.5u and 1.75u enters, 1.75 and 2u backspaces, and 2 1.75u, 2 2u, 2 2.25u, and 1 2.75u gray blanks.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 11:49:40 »
Ok... after seeing the translucent keys... I need this set. plz, thnx, bai

Offline vilagefool

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 11:56:24 »
yes. to. all.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 12:55:01 »
You know what would be pretty cool, and maybe OP is willing to consider this once the samples are in hand, is there a opportunity that OP could consider to allow potential interested parties to pay a "fee" which would at a minimum include shipping both ways to and from the interested party to the next interested party to receive a sample copy for 3 to 5 days and ship it off to the next person who would at the end of the line return it back to the OP?

Just a question and apologies (ie strike this out if violating TOS) if this is a inappropriate comment.

Offline PandamanPete

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 20:56:02 »
The trans-yellow looks a bit off, but that might just be the pictures. Do the caps look more accurate in person?

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 08:11:52 »
Loving how shiny the keycaps are. And the translucent caps look sick. Excited to join once this goes live.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:46:16 »
I so want to see this happen.
I've been watching this set for what seems like forever.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:53:50 »
Looks like a blatant Godspeed rip off, but hey, Mito is banned here anyway, so I guess he can't say anything about it...

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 10:00:02 »
afaik Classic Space is LEGO thing from the eighties.. Not a Godspeed Mito copy :p

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 10:20:57 »
afaik Classic Space is LEGO thing from the eighties.. Not a Godspeed Mito copy :p

I think the original IC for classic space predates Godspeed.
This has been going for years.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 04:16:44 »
Hey, the samples look great! I'm interested.
Here's some feedback on the kits: Since you're not selling the Alphas separately, a yellow Esc, a yellow 2u Backspace and a blue Del is always included with the Alphas, therefore you can remove them from the Planck kit. To support all common Planck layouts, I would include a second 1u Shift. Please make sure all spacebar keys that can be convex are convex, as they're not in the renders. I'm no expert but I think 40s users are lacking Shift keys bigger than 1u in the Planck/"40s" kit.

I love the bundling of the HUNT keys with the nonstandard modifiers. A change I would make to accommodate the very popular HHKB style layouts is better split backspace support with a 1u backslash key (to put the key that the 1.5 backspace replaces in the top row next to grave/tilde)
While that backslash would be the most important addition, I would also, if it doesn't significantly increase the kit's price, add 2u and 2.25u shifts for some other nonstandard keyboards (60% with arrows and 660-style layouts, to name them)

Bit unfortunate that there is no translucent 7u spacebar available, but not sure where I would put it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2019, 04:20:39 by stoffelduss »

Offline consumer

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 07:30:55 »
Please make this set! +1 for uniform profile. KAM looks nice.

Offline zoggynog

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 00:51:50 »
Looks like a blatant Godspeed rip off, but hey, Mito is banned here anyway, so I guess he can't say anything about it...

As a huge fan of classic space lego, let me say I had/have no interest in godspeed and a giant interest in this.  The differences must be enough to matter to me.  Bet I'm not alone.

Hope this still has a chance of happening!

Offline thorin

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 11:24:39 »
Still hoping to see this one! These are so great!

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 17:13:19 »
Yes, yes, yes! Hope this happens! A Nordeuk kit would be icing on the cake, but an ANSI board for coding works as well. It brings back such nice feelings of nostalgia.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 20:42:49 »
Please stop doing thread necromancy. I’m not sure my heart can take this.

This project is long since dead. Y’all should have joined KAT space cadet If you wanted a grey and blue set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 May 2020, 00:02:15 by DrHigsby »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 22:52:32 »
Please stop doing thread necromancy. I’m not sure my heart can take this.

This project is long since dead. Y’all should have joined KAT space cadet I’d you wanted a grey and blue set.
I joined KAT space kadet & looking forward to my kits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 09:32:55 »
Same here, Space Cadet bought already. Nothing wrong with more caps.

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 23:14:26 »
I’m still interested as well! Also, really digging the DSA profile with Eurostyle font. So nice