Author Topic: Free Steam Keys [currently on hiatus]  (Read 55067 times)

Offline fknraiden

Re: Free Steam Keys
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 03:56:45 »
guardians of middle earth

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Johan

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 04:17:24 »
I'd like to try guardians of middle earth. In the process of re-installing windows atm so a mini review might take a while.
Uh, stuff.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:57:22 »
If it is still going I'd love to participate, sign me up for Just Cause 2, if it's still available :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:59:21 by mr.squishy »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:02:12 »
Tower Wars! This is exciting :D

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:06:27 »
I would take bio shock 2 if it is somehow still available lol.  Ps you are pretty awesome for giving these away

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline R1N3

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:09:40 »
Finished Dinner Date in 23 minutes, that is if you could call it a game at all. You play as some contemplative sad sack approaching his 30s who just whines for 20 minutes about how all his friends are more successful and how he's wasted his glory years. This goes on and on while he waits for his date, a 20 year old Japanese school girl apparently, to show up as he continues to lament not being mature and responsible as he gets drunk on the bottle of wine he bought for the date. Eventually nothing is resolved as he decides she isn't showing and he wants to go find his immature friends to hang out with at the bar anyway.

The 'gameplay' consists of you hitting letters on the keyboard a la quicktime event, but in this case with no real purpose or game dynamic other than to waste time while you are waiting for the main character to finish up his ****ty emo internal monologue. 2/10 - would not recommend. The one point is for artistic integrity which I applaud, even if it is self-loathing pretentious over analytic bull****.

Could this be worse than depression quest?

Offline Asininity

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:13:07 »
Everyone should have their keys sent! If don't get what you want in the lottery three times in a row the odds will go to 50%/50%.

Fun reading the reviews. Unfortunately I have to run off and do some things so can't reply to everyone but I'm glad everyone's enjoying it! Just wanted to give that update.

Let the odds ever be in your favor.

I'd like to try guardians of middle earth. In the process of re-installing windows atm so a mini review might take a while.

Sorry, someone already won Guardian of the Galaxy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:25:02 »
Woo! Thanks so much, rolled Hitman: Absolution!

I'll post a mini review probably tomorrow after getting my hands dirty ;)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 22:28:57 »
Insurgency please  :p

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:16:09 »
after 3 rolls, i still haven't rolled dust, and this time i got Huntsman: The Orphanage and Looking at the reviews, looks like it's gonna be a good one  :))
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:19:58 »
Played 40 mins of Ahhhhhh The Awesome so far and it is sweet! The music is super fun, the levels are cool. You skydive straight down, try to get as close as you can to buildings for more points. Then you open your parachute and you turn the camera in front of you instead of above you to have normal slow landing speed. Its pretty cool!  :p

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:59:14 »
after 3 rolls, i still haven't rolled dust, and this time i got Huntsman: The Orphanage and Looking at the reviews, looks like it's gonna be a good one  :))
Annnnnnnd it was exactly as bad as i though it was gonna be. Graphics weren't bad, but it just seemed so boring, and for a horror game, it wasn't very scary either. Voice acting was bad, and not much really happens. 3/10, was really tame and wouldn't reccomend.

And still rolling for dust again! :P (4th times a charm?)
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:01:29 by Rotaku »
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:42:50 »
Haven't been in my PC yet to see what game I got but will try to do so tomorrow!  Exciting :)

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline R1N3

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:46:34 »
Reserved for my write up on: The Tomorrow War

Pray for me!

Edit: LOL this game is about as suited for play as a tactical nuke might be for screwing in a light bulb.

Although completely horrible, I got quite a few laughs out of the character models. Everyone's eyes are constantly bugged out like the only thing to eat on the space craft carrier were cocaine.

literal 1/10. Perhaps could've given this a 1.1/10 if the game worked with USB controllers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:37:25 by R1N3 »

Offline Asininity

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:14:07 »
Insurgency please  :p

I'll put your request into the randomizer. Whether you'll be blessed or cursed nobody knows! I'll send a message soon.

Woo! Thanks so much, rolled Hitman: Absolution!

I'll post a mini review probably tomorrow after getting my hands dirty ;)

I hope you enjoy it. I had a blast playing it myself.

Next time around I'll only put one other game with it in the randomizer. It's unfair to keep making you play awful titles!

Played 40 mins of Ahhhhhh The Awesome so far and it is sweet! The music is super fun, the levels are cool. You skydive straight down, try to get as close as you can to buildings for more points. Then you open your parachute and you turn the camera in front of you instead of above you to have normal slow landing speed. Its pretty cool!  :p

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I didn't much care for it myself.

Reserved for my write up on: The Tomorrow War

Pray for me!

Prayers can't save you know!

Annnnnnnd it was exactly as bad as i though it was gonna be. Graphics weren't bad, but it just seemed so boring, and for a horror game, it wasn't very scary either. Voice acting was bad, and not much really happens. 3/10, was really tame and wouldn't reccomend.

This time it'll be 50/50 chances! Time to see where you wind up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:16:05 by Asininity »

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:36:25 »

This time it'll be 50/50 chances! Time to see where you wind up.

FINALLY ROLLED DUST! Gonna play this and i'll review it shortly, Thanks Asininity  :thumb:

Offline R1N3

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:38:08 »
Back in for tower wars!

Offline poog

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:40:33 »
if it's still there i'd like to put my name in for velocibox

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:22:47 »
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Keep meaning to get it every time it goes on sale just never have, also side note the game strike suit infinity is a great game for anyone wondering the main game strike suit Zero is amazing too!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Moralless

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 07:51:27 »
On my second round I was able to get the game I was aiming for (which was Crimsonland) so I'm about to go in and give it a quick go before bed :))
Asininity sent me this key a few hours ago and only now have I had the time to try the game out.

edit: Managed to play for about 40mins and then realized the time and how much other stuff I have to do so I (sadly) had to stop. Crimsonland is a great game if you ever just want to just chill out and blast some face. You can play in various different modes (I've only manages to unlock the main levels and survival mode) where 3 other friends can join in with you aswell. In the survival mode they have a neat little perk system which you would unlock after every level.  That means each play through in survival is different with varying difficult as the perks that you unlock are randomized.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 08:30:11 by Moralless »

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 09:43:16 »
FINALLY ROLLED DUST! Gonna play this and i'll review it shortly, Thanks Asininity  :thumb:
So i played it for 57 minutes last night, and i just got around to reviewing it this morning and this game is so fun! Graphics are great, story is awesome, gameplay is addictive, and i kinda had to force myself to get off because i needed some sleep  :p For a game made by one person, i gotta give this a 10/10 and i'm probably gonna play it till i beat the game. Once again, thanks Asininity!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 10:46:09 »
So i played it for 57 minutes last night, and i just got around to reviewing it this morning and this game is so fun! Graphics are great, story is awesome, gameplay is addictive, and i kinda had to force myself to get off because i needed some sleep  :p For a game made by one person, i gotta give this a 10/10 and i'm probably gonna play it till i beat the game. Once again, thanks Asininity!

Awesome!  I keep 'almost' buying that during the various steam sales, guess I should add it to my library of games I buy but never get around to playing.

Offline xredman

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:05:03 »
Looks like I got Flight of the Icarus. Will report back soon.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:18:04 »
Dustforce DX!
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline xredman

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:55:34 »
Clocked in 22 minutes for Flight of the Icarus.

The game was very repetitive and boring. The idea is to protect the cargo on the ship. Controls were simple, but slightly awkward. Dismounting a gun was letter "D" which coincided with the movement keys. The game is buggy and graphics look very ancient. I did get a kick out of the "engine" design.

Trying again for Darksiders.

P.S. I noticed that Flight of the Icarus was not on the list. Are there other games that you might have to try?

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2015, 14:59:12 by xredman »

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 16:04:53 »
This is awesome and super nice of you.

I've wanted to play Strike Suit Infinity for a while now.  :p

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 17:18:12 »

Its pretty awesome ^_^ Played to heck out of it, they have a new game called Fractured space which is also amazing its like a moba but with giant spacecraft O:
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 17:46:58 »
I'll try for Just Cause 2

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 22:12:07 »

Its pretty awesome ^_^ Played to heck out of it, they have a new game called Fractured space which is also amazing its like a moba but with giant spacecraft O:

Cool! Yeah I really love a good mech. Let's hope I can try it out.  :confused:

Offline Asininity

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 00:35:23 »
All keys should have been sent. Be sure to remind me if you're rolling for your fourth time! After three tries odds go from 1/3 to 1/2. Glad everyone's enjoying! Best of luck!

Only a few mostly negative and overwhelmingly negative games are left. Now we're heading into mixed rating territory.

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Keep meaning to get it every time it goes on sale just never have, also side note the game strike suit infinity is a great game for anyone wondering the main game strike suit Zero is amazing too!

Sorry, someone already grabbed it.

Clocked in 22 minutes for Flight of the Icarus.

The game was very repetitive and boring. The idea is to protect the cargo on the ship. Controls were simple, but slightly awkward. Dismounting a gun was letter "D" which coincided with the movement keys. The game is buggy and graphics look very ancient. I did get a kick out of the "engine" design.

Trying again for Darksiders.

P.S. I noticed that Flight of the Icarus was not on the list. Are there other games that you might have to try?

Show Image

Show Image

I have a bunch of poorly reviewed games and those get thrown in the randomizer. They are purposefully not listed leaving what game you'll end up with a complete mystery.

On my second round I was able to get the game I was aiming for (which was Crimsonland) so I'm about to go in and give it a quick go before bed :))
Asininity sent me this key a few hours ago and only now have I had the time to try the game out.

edit: Managed to play for about 40mins and then realized the time and how much other stuff I have to do so I (sadly) had to stop. Crimsonland is a great game if you ever just want to just chill out and blast some face. You can play in various different modes (I've only manages to unlock the main levels and survival mode) where 3 other friends can join in with you aswell. In the survival mode they have a neat little perk system which you would unlock after every level.  That means each play through in survival is different with varying difficult as the perks that you unlock are randomized.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!

It's a pretty fun game. I need to get back and finish it someday. I just have so many games to play.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 03:30:25 »
I got "Zombie Tycoon 2". Will have to try it out tomorrow when it isn't 1:30 and I still need to do homework :P

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 04:38:12 »
I got Legends of Persia! Shall do a review on it later on. It actually doesn't look all that bad from screenshots. Only time shall tell. :D

Offline xredman

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:40:23 »
I got Dungeon of Elements. I will report back after I'm done.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:57:09 »
Insurgency please and thank you
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:58:45 by Hellcatz »

Offline plegnic

• Treble Booty. Bass Guitar.
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 15:14:12 »
I'd love to shoot for "Hitman 2: Silent Assassin" *fingers crossed*

I haven't played Hitman on PC at all and the last version I played was the first one on the console.
Planck MIT layout [MX Clears] (in-progress) | QuickFire Storm TK [MX Brown] | Poker II [MX Blue]

Offline xredman

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 15:59:01 »
Time for a short review of Dungeon of Elements after playing for 38 minutes.

Pros:
+ Easy controls
+ Tetris-like gameplay
+ RPG elements (character equipment, boosters, crafting, and etc.)

Cons:
- Clunky movement
- Rip-off of Dr. Mario
- Cheap graphics
- Level design can sometimes be confusing
- Repetitive

In again for Darksiders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:02:22 by xredman »

Offline Asininity

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 17:29:57 »
I'd love to shoot for "Hitman 2: Silent Assassin" *fingers crossed*

I haven't played Hitman on PC at all and the last version I played was the first one on the console.

Insurgency please and thank you

Got it!

It's a lot more efficient for me to randomize everyone's keys in batches so I think I'll start doing that in the evening. I'll have keys sent out later tonight.

Time for a short review of Dungeon of Elements after playing for 38 minutes.

Pros:
+ Easy controls
+ Tetris-like gameplay
+ RPG elements (character equipment, boosters, crafting, and etc.)

Cons:
- Clunky movement
- Rip-off of Dr. Mario
- Cheap graphics
- Level design can sometimes be confusing
- Repetitive

Show Image

Show Image

In again for Darksiders.

Rip-off of Dr. Mario? I love Dr. Mario. There's only one Dr. Mario.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 17:36:32 »
Okay, I literally managed just 20 minutes of Legends of Persia. Imagine Diablo, but ****-ter. It was abysmal. The controls were okay, but the movement was abysmal. The items are so common it's constant change in and out.

Few screenshots.

This was as soon as I opened the game. As you can see it looks... amazing... o_o

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406400830

This was my first proper quest after doing the tutorial bit. He was a real ***** to keep safe. Luckily I had a bow and arrow which forced him to stay back. When I tried to use my sword, he just ran with me and let enemies attack and kill him.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406400889

This was the boss at the end of the quest. I died several times but realised the thing to beating this boss was keeping my two allies alive which were also protectors of that ****ty person we had to protect.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406400932

I'm so sorry I could only manage 20 minutes but this was awful.

I'll try again for Dustforce DX please. Thanks for doing it. Even though LoP was an awful game, it's good fun this way! :D

Offline abenntt

• 桜のブルース!
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:43:55 »
I would love the Nosgoth Veterans pack! ;)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 01:00:06 »
Ok, WW2: Panzer Claws review.

This game runs at a max of 1024x768 res.  Controls are basic and it may have been fun in 2004 when it came out, but now it is too slow and clumsy feeling. 

21 minutes is all I could take of this one.   

Putting my name back in for Oddworld.  Thanks again Asininity for this awesome experiment.

Round 2:  I recieved May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville.  Loading now and firing it up  :thumb:

May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville review: 
Professor Layton clone.  Basic puzzles at the beginning (I only got about 25 minutes in), but I am sure they will get better.  The resolution is not adjustable, so you either play it as standard windowed and lean in real close to do the searching puzzles, or expand to full screen and try to play while looking through a screen covered in vasoline.  I am not a huge puzzle game fan, but will continue with this one in the future.  Would I pay $$ for this?  Nope.  But for free it is a nice change of pace from Diablo.  6/10
One funny side note:  my 4670k/R9 280X combo runs this @2300 fps with dips all the way to 1600. 

Going to throw my name in for Oddworld a third time (fingers crossed).

Ok, got "Two Brothers" this time.  I don't get much time to play games during the week, but will try to get it loaded in the morning and give it a go.  Hoping it works.  Most of the negative comments focus on the game being broken and not really working at all. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Asininity

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:37:02 »
I should have everyone's keys messaged. Sorry for not taking care of it last night. If I missed anyone please let me know. I hope everyone's having fun!  :thumb:

Okay, I literally managed just 20 minutes of Legends of Persia. Imagine Diablo, but ****-ter. It was abysmal. The controls were okay, but the movement was abysmal. The items are so common it's constant change in and out.

Few screenshots.

This was as soon as I opened the game. As you can see it looks... amazing... o_o

This was my first proper quest after doing the tutorial bit. He was a real ***** to keep safe. Luckily I had a bow and arrow which forced him to stay back. When I tried to use my sword, he just ran with me and let enemies attack and kill him.

This was the boss at the end of the quest. I died several times but realised the thing to beating this boss was keeping my two allies alive which were also protectors of that ****ty person we had to protect.

I'll try again for Dustforce DX please. Thanks for doing it. Even though LoP was an awful game, it's good fun this way! :D

I thought the screenshots looked bad. I would be impressed if a group of high school got together and developed that but otherwise... that's awful. That was one of the word rated games that I had.

Ok, got "Two Brothers" this time.  I don't get much time to play games during the week, but will try to get it loaded in the morning and give it a go.  Hoping it works.  Most of the negative comments focus on the game being broken and not really working at all. 

That's the reason I strayed away from it. Otherwise it looks like a entertaining title. I hope it works out! I like the artwork.

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 15:49:52 by Asininity »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:17:38 »
I GOT DUSTFORCE. Yay. I'll come back for next game in 20 years when I complete it. xD

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 17:25:47 »
I should have everyone's keys messaged. Sorry for not taking care of it last night. If I missed anyone please let me know. I hope everyone's having fun!  :thumb:

Few screenshots.

I thought the screenshots looked bad. I would be impressed if a group of high school got together and developed that but otherwise... that's awful. That was one of the word rated games that I had.

That's the reason I strayed away from it. Otherwise it looks like a entertaining title. I hope it works out! I like the artwork.
Well, I got abouy 20 min. in this morning and its not bad.  There are a few issues like not being able to speed up the text (which there is a ton of), but overall, no game breakers so far.  Feels like zelda on gameboy. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 21:55:54 »
I got Frozen Hearth. My impressions:
It's a horrendous game. The graphics and lore suck and the game runs super sluggishly. I could barely play it. Horrible game.

I'd like to try for Just Cause 2 again.

Offline xredman

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 22:59:44 »
Finally got Darksiders!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
I will report back when I get to play it.

Offline plegnic

• Treble Booty. Bass Guitar.
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:11:28 »
Sadly, I didn't get a Hitman game  :-[ Instead I got Robowars:

It's basically a Russian Plants vs. Zombie style tower-defense game. Graphics are actually decent. It looks way better than PvZ on the PC and even runs at 1920x1080 automatically! Decently fun.

Sometimes the interface randomly changes into Russian:

After this, I also had to restart because the dialog box refused to close.

The soundtrack is repetitive, to say the least. I turned it off after a few minutes. Sounds in general in this game are really just average. Nothing particularly terrible or anything impressive.

The dialog is equal parts ridiculous and bad translation. Grammar errors and odd phrases abound:

I won't be playing for 50+ hours, but I could see myself playing a couple rounds here and there. "Frankly, I cannot wait to combat again!"

Overall: Decently fun, decently challenging. I give it a Silver Star.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:13:04 by plegnic »
Planck MIT layout [MX Clears] (in-progress) | QuickFire Storm TK [MX Brown] | Poker II [MX Blue]

Offline poog

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:25:51 »
I got the Shopkeeper. It's a point and click adventure that's rather short.

You start as a shopkeeper in a shop and can click on a couple items to hear about them. Then a customer comes in and you can click more items to hear about them again. Eventually the shopkeeper will start telling a story about some guy trying to ask his mother in law for money. Once again, you can click items and hear the guy's thoughts on them. When he finally speaks to his mother in law, you're presented with a dialogue branching path (3 choices, 2 choices, 3 choices) for a total of 18 different paths. If you pick the right one you win the game (it's pretty random, there's no way to tell which path leads to success besides trial and error).

The game was completely voice acted and I thought they were decent but my girlfriend said the voices were annoying. I was a little disappointed that clicking items had basically nothing to do with the game, you just get to hear a bit about a made up history. There aren't any subs so you have to either sit through them talking or skip over it completely.

Each play through of the game takes maybe 5 minutes if you sit through all the conversations. So without a guide you have a 50% chance of beating it in 45 minutes if you listen through each conversation.

Honestly, it didn't really feel like a complete game...

Thanks though.

I'll try again for velocibox if no one has it yet :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:32:12 »
I would like to try for inMomentum.

Offline Asininity

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 12:15:23 »
I got Frozen Hearth. My impressions:
It's a horrendous game. The graphics and lore suck and the game runs super sluggishly. I could barely play it. Horrible game.

I'd like to try for Just Cause 2 again.

It looked absolutely dreadful from the reviews. Hopefully you land Just Cause 2 this time!

Finally got Darksiders!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
I will report back when I get to play it.

Have fun!

I got the Shopkeeper. It's a point and click adventure that's rather short.

You start as a shopkeeper in a shop and can click on a couple items to hear about them. Then a customer comes in and you can click more items to hear about them again. Eventually the shopkeeper will start telling a story about some guy trying to ask his mother in law for money. Once again, you can click items and hear the guy's thoughts on them. When he finally speaks to his mother in law, you're presented with a dialogue branching path (3 choices, 2 choices, 3 choices) for a total of 18 different paths. If you pick the right one you win the game (it's pretty random, there's no way to tell which path leads to success besides trial and error).

The game was completely voice acted and I thought they were decent but my girlfriend said the voices were annoying. I was a little disappointed that clicking items had basically nothing to do with the game, you just get to hear a bit about a made up history. There aren't any subs so you have to either sit through them talking or skip over it completely.

Each play through of the game takes maybe 5 minutes if you sit through all the conversations. So without a guide you have a 50% chance of beating it in 45 minutes if you listen through each conversation.

Honestly, it didn't really feel like a complete game...

Thanks though.

I'll try again for velocibox if no one has it yet :)

Thanks for the review! Putting you in for another spin.

Sadly, I didn't get a Hitman game  :-[ Instead I got Robowars:

It's basically a Russian Plants vs. Zombie style tower-defense game. Graphics are actually decent. It looks way better than PvZ on the PC and even runs at 1920x1080 automatically! Decently fun.

Sometimes the interface randomly changes into Russian:
Show Image

After this, I also had to restart because the dialog box refused to close.

The soundtrack is repetitive, to say the least. I turned it off after a few minutes. Sounds in general in this game are really just average. Nothing particularly terrible or anything impressive.

The dialog is equal parts ridiculous and bad translation. Grammar errors and odd phrases abound:
Show Image

I won't be playing for 50+ hours, but I could see myself playing a couple rounds here and there. "Frankly, I cannot wait to combat again!"
Show Image

Overall: Decently fun, decently challenging. I give it a Silver Star.
Show Image

I love bad subtitles.

Want me to throw in you in for another go for Hitman?

I would like to try for inMomentum.

Will do!

Offline TobiasFB

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:39:08 »
bioshock 2 pls :)

gh60