Author Topic: Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)  (Read 26336 times)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:00:31 »
Keyboard related things seems like the way to go. One thing I want to add that could be useful is a matching mouse pad

Mouse pad sounds cool. I'm in agreement with many of the others. I would be down for sleeves, USB cables, and even keycap sets. The stickers are fine too, but I can't see myself wearing a shirt or hanging a poster on my wall. I do like the idea of CE stuff though, and did enjoy the story for the cap as well.

Offline profet

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:01:28 »
Keyboard related add ins would be much more appreciated than t-shirts and posters.

Some things I'd consider worthwhile for this buy:
  • Weapon shapped/styled keycap puller
  • Silk-screened wrist rest
  • Cap stand (something like a cherry switch mounted in a small case to hold the cap)
  • Color matched USB Cable
Bringing custom Ergodoxes to the masses.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/102649

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:10:31 »
Or a keycap puller in matching colors.

Offline BrainFlush

• I type using my knuckles, 30 years running.
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/BrainFlush
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:12:35 »
I liked the poster and the cap.
That's all I would want.
The price is your decision to make for the complete deal.
Another option would be total package for a set price and a cap + options\upgrades. Like in my view I would buy the cap and add on the poster.

As to future ideas. I think making Bro fist related merchandise is a really smart way to go. Imagine you make a cap in a certain color scheme and you also sell Bro fist magnets or posters or a vinyl toy or Keychain and etc to match the caps colors. That way they're still exclusive and limited and you'll have a variety of add-ons plus it'll be easier to work out a deal with a supplier for said items.

Good to see you taking it to the next level though. It was definitely a new way to do things. And that in itself is great. Also keep up the writing. You're passionate about it and that's all that matters. You could be the Todd McFarlane of keycaps. Books and toys.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:15:35 »
nice!

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:25:34 »
I really like the idea. I too would like to see the contents more keyboard related as well.

I don't care about them being numbered, but I would like them to be somewhat special. Maybe a limited colorway or slightly different design that will never be released again.

Because in all honesty, lets say 40 pay for the collectors edition. That is 40 of those caps in that specific colorway out in the wild. Wouldn't a normal reaper in any of the many other triple shot colorways have a more limited production run and therefore be more rare?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:26:48 »
if I don't get a 1/4 vinyl figurine of the reaper dude i'm out

bring back kidrobot vinvyls  :p

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:26:57 »
just going to quote myself from this morning

I thought the invasion sale was a neat idea and I certainly thought it appealed to the collector side. I wasn't completely sold on all the extras though. Just seemed like too expensive for what you were getting per se, but then again it was marketed to buyers who would be willing to throw down that cash. Maybe if it came out with a full fleshed out printed comic book, that would've been cool/worth it. Bro key-chains/pins would be a nice exclusive. As well as possibly a special type of packaging for a "collectors edition." Plus something you could use to display your bro cap along side the comic if you were to display both together.

Those are kinda expensive suggestions in terms of production, but I feel that would make it more special and worth it imo.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:27:53 »
TBH, I want more keyboard related t shirts. Because I'm a ****ing nerd like that.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:29:17 »
I liked the package. No complains so far.

Some thoughts: A model of the sniper rifle would be awesome. May maybe just a small plastic toy. Brocaps makes clean molds anyways.

Edit: in the Lego Brickomentary, the guy from Brick Arms was shown creating custom lego pieces. What tool was that?
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:31:32 by rainb1ood »

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:43:12 »
You had said that you were going to have an overlap of the two sale so people could see both before they bought the first, is that still happening with the 1st sale already passing 24 hours? If so how much longer are you planning on keeping the 1st sale up as you said you were going to add the option for the keycap only and lowering the overall price. Not trying to rush or pester you, just curious. Also could we get the timer back for future CE sales?
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline dohbot

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:44:19 »
You had said that you were going to have an overlap of the two sale so people could see both before they bought the first, is that still happening with the 1st sale already passing 24 hours? If so how much longer are you planning on keeping the 1st sale up as you said you were going to add the option for the keycap only and lowering the overall price. Not trying to rush or pester you, just curious.

Pretty sure the nightstalker sale is going to last a bit longer (through tomorrow) and the gamer set/classic reaper sale will start either tonight or tomorrow. (Bro didn't officially say tomorrow as he did yesterday)
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:46:59 »
You had said that you were going to have an overlap of the two sale so people could see both before they bought the first, is that still happening with the 1st sale already passing 24 hours? If so how much longer are you planning on keeping the 1st sale up as you said you were going to add the option for the keycap only and lowering the overall price. Not trying to rush or pester you, just curious. Also could we get the timer back for future CE sales?

Cody is working on getting the edits done and the next sale up and running as per Bro's post in the Therapy thread.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:48:36 »

Cody is working on getting the edits done and the next sale up and running as per Bro's post in the Therapy thread.
Yea was just reading through the last couple pages of the therapy thread and saw that.  :thumb:

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 21:49:55 »

Yea was just reading through the last couple pages of the therapy thread and saw that.  :thumb:

Gotcha. Bro is always on top of these things.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:35:33 »

this!  At least one item being relevent to the hobby--keycap puller, keyswitch opener, matching colorway stickers for switches, ribbitv2 lube for switches  :))
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:42:33 »
I added some possible CE package combinations in the OP. Let me know your thoughts on those. Perhaps mix and match some parts with others.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:45:23 »
Pack #2 is pretty good, some add-ons that's not all of us would consider when we buy a keyboard

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:46:34 »
I added some possible CE package combinations in the OP. Let me know your thoughts on those. Perhaps mix and match some parts with others.

Pack #2 and #3 look good to me! Would definitely pick up one of those
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:46:50 »
I think the best general CE  pack would be pack 1 because its everything a person could use with any set up. A sleeve would vary depending on a persons keyboard, this goes for the wrist pad as well. That being said since it is worth a pretty penny and people are willing to pay, Pack 2 is probably more appealing although it would probably take more time as the wrist rest and sleeves need to be custom made after the raffles.

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:46:58 »
Wow, all good packages because I can see myself using or admiring all 3. Every package will be put to use. I of course will pick package 3 because I feel it will make the keycap that more special.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:48:12 »
Number 3 for sure. I think a sleeve would leave you open to too many options to work with, too many people asking for too many different sizes.

As for the keycap puller, I'm not sure about giving them away, as I have about three of four but only ever use one because it's the best made one. Although I guess that could change.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:48:55 »
I think all of the things you included were great. It seemed like the second pack is the best IMO, but the third pack is also really cool too. A 3" figure would be so cool too, probably one of the coolest items on the list. That being said though, I like the ideas in all of them, and would buy any sort of combination of those items.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:50:51 »
CE Pack 1 sounds really good. I'd absolutely need both the keycap puller and the keychain switch, and the keycap duh. CE Pack 2 sounds absolutely amazing too. Not sure what the themed wrist rest would be like, but I'd be interested to see. Sleeve is a must, and an absolutely amazing idea, and I really need stickers. Stickers are just my favorite addition to buying any keycap (except maybe the other stuff that you listed, but stickers are more ordinary and I can collect them more like from other artisans too). And CE Pack 3, oh boy! Mini Comic book would be perfect, that would be so amazing, although probably really hard to produce, same with the figure, although that is sooo cool. I'd love a figure so much, as for the pin and badge, I'm not sure if I'd use them, but they would serve the same goal as the figure for me.

If I were to suggest a mixed bag CE pack in order of desire, this is what it would look like:

CE Pack #1337
Keycap
3" Figure
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Mini-Comic Book
Themed Keychain Switch
(Keypuller if space)
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:53:52 »
I'm not sure how realistic the 3" figure would be as im sure it would cost quite a bit with a high MOQ to have them produced. Would be cool to have though nonetheless

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:55:57 »
I'm not sure how realistic the 3" figure would be as im sure it would cost quite a bit with a high MOQ to have them produced. Would be cool to have though nonetheless

I would be producing the figure. (Sculpting it and production, etc)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:56:42 »
Wrist rest + mouse pad would be badass.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:57:18 »

Sold. Take my wallet please

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:57:40 »
I would have to say deciding between two and three is tough but I like them both more than choice one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:18:30 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 22:59:26 »
CE #2 sounds like a winner. #1 would be second place. Figurines don't really do it for me personally, so #3 wouldn't interest me in terms of paying a premium price.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:00:04 »
As an avid Lego minfig and vinyl figure collector, I would be so down for a 3" figure.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:02:09 »

definitely like the CE with the 3" figurine as well, especially if you're doing it.

Offline Scgmdx2

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:04:59 »
I'm really digging the idea of #1, but a mousepad is the type of thing that people tend to get picky about. I feel like it would be hard to please everyone, with opinion being polarized about cloth or hard pads, not to mention all the smaller details. That being said, all of these ideas are sounding great, and it's nice to see you reaching out to the community for things like this.

Keep up the awesome work!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:14:31 »
I very much like the idea of keypuller and wrist wrest, I love matching everything up
like right now my keyboard suits my bro and keysets

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:16:00 »
In order of preference #3 > #2 > #1

I really like the idea of the 3" figure and comic book. That would truly put it into the collector's edition category, but that might sky rocket the price of the collection. 

I prefer #2 way over #1 only because I have a "performance" mousepad that I already use. I do like the key puller over the sleeve though.

All 3 are better than the current package though imo :thumb:

*edit* I feel like the sticker should always be included though. But that's probably my sticker love bias talking
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:17:46 »
Favorites so far are the keycap puller and sleeve (though I guess it would have to be up to the buyer to determine the size), the mini-comic (written by Bro), and the figure. It would be awesome if you can make custom LEGO figures; I know some sites do that, but dunno the cost of that. Maybe you can source the necessary parts yourself and print off your own decals?
That's my favorite combo.

Offline mixenmatch

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:21:59 »
I like pack 3 the best out of the options in the OP. A mini comic tells the story, the figure is the character or what have you, and then the cap and pin are smaller representations of the character that you can have with you.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:34:36 »
A figure would be dope, I also like the idea of a key puller and/or sleeve but I can see potential logistical and cost problems with them.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:37:53 »
I liked this CE, but think some of these packs you suggested are way better (can we have an uber pack with everything?).
Maybe the mini comic book could be a digital for everyone who get's the cap, so no one misses out on the story and a printed /hand signed version for the CE.
I'd be scared the keychain switch could damage the keycap so would probably not use.

If I had to choose a pack it would probably be number 2

My personal preference of the extras in priority order would be:
1 key holder / mini keyboard (not in any of the packs, but i think it would be awesome as a way to display your keycap)
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Themed Wrist Rest
3" Figure
Mouse Pad
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed Keychain Switch
Pin / Badge
Poster
Sticker (prefer the badge as it's more permanent)

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:38:59 »
#3 would be awesome, the current kit is cool  3>current>2>1 personally.

I liked this CE, but think some of these packs you suggested are way better (can we have an uber pack with everything?).
I feel like that would be asking alot of Bro. :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:40:57 by KnivesM »

Others
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:45:50 »
I know you guys don't like to state how many of each cap was made, but to truly have a "Collector's Edition", 1 of X should be molded into the cap or with accompanying paperwork. 

CE != LE
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:50:40 »
option 2 sounds best to me

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:51:22 »
Just a thought what if the "future" collector editions came with a dibs ticket as one of the items, like you have done before (but for a single keycap only). Low cost and people would probably be stoked. Good for a single keycap of their choosing from a future sale. I know that not having to deal with the stress of not getting any caps at all and sitting by the computer all day and night, would make it worth it to me. Then people could just see what the next sale has and if nothing interested them, save it for the next sale.  Unless tracking and verifying a large amount of dib tickets would be a pain in the ass for you.....

CE Pack #1:

Keycap
Dibs ticket (good for one guaranteed future BRO)
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed keychain switch

CE Pack #2:

Keycap
Themed Wrist Rest
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Sticker

CE Pack #3:

Keycap
Mini-Comic Book
Pin / Badge
3" Figure

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 23:59:33 »
Just a thought what if the "future" collector editions came with a dibs ticket as one of the items, like you have done before (but for a single keycap only). Low cost and people would probably be stoked. Good for a single keycap of their choosing from a future sale. I know that not having to deal with the stress of not getting any caps at all and sitting by the computer all day and night, would make it worth it to me. Then people could just see what the next sale has and if nothing interested them, save it for the next sale.  Unless tracking and verifying a large amount of dib tickets would be a pain in the ass for you.....

CE Pack #1:

Keycap
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed keychain switch

CE Pack #2:

Keycap
Themed Wrist Rest
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Sticker

CE Pack #3:

Keycap
Mini-Comic Book
Pin / Badge
3" Figure
I'd be more than down for this. Can't believe this slipped my mind.

Offline Oxid

• resin rash and glitter
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:01:12 »
Hopping on the plushy train, though that may be a little difficult with the Reaper V2 design.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:02:50 »

CE Pack #1:

Keycap
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed keychain switch

CE Pack #2:

Keycap
Themed Wrist Rest
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Sticker

CE Pack #3:

Keycap
Mini-Comic Book
Pin / Badge
3" Figure

I don't think this is all that great of an idea.

It guarantees two caps to someone who was lucky enough to get one already.

Dibs tickets in my opinion should not be given out so readily.

Offline Liocer

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:04:34 »
I really like the sticker. More stickers all round!

Offline ccarlitos2

Let's discuss future CE packages (Q&A)
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:06:36 »
I think my ideal CE package would be

Keycap
Sticker
Mouse pad
Keychain switch
Keyboard sleeve (60% or HHKB sized)

I like this because everything can be used and none of it you have to worry about sizes. The problem with a wrist rest is a lot of people have varying sized boards from 60% to tkl to full size and everything in between. It would be hard to standardize it. At least with a sleeve most people won't be traveling with a tkl or full size. Everyone can use a mousepad and the keychain switch can be a display case of sorts for the specific keycap.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:08:16 »

CE Pack #1:

Keycap
Themed Keycap Puller
Themed keychain switch

CE Pack #2:

Keycap
Themed Wrist Rest
Themed Keyboard Sleeve
Sticker

CE Pack #3:

Keycap
Mini-Comic Book
Pin / Badge
3" Figure

I don't think this is all that great of an idea.

It guarantees two caps to someone who was lucky enough to get one already.

Dibs tickets in my opinion should not be given out so readily.

I thought it would be best on "future" sales only, not the one that it was purchased on. One guaranteed future keycap is not that much, when some people are lucky enough to get multiples anyways.....

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 00:12:51 »
New combinations are actually awesome and I think they are all good ideas! I have yet to invest in a wrist rest and my keycap puller broke so that's awesome.