Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 533052 times)

Offline tangkims

Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #1400 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 14:23:49 »
done deal! 100% i'll be in for at least a base set. thanks BunnyLake!

Offline loktar

« Reply #1401 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:06:08 »
to conclude this

i have sent loktar a full refund just now via paypal

i think it for the best that we just put a line under this

i shouldnt have called you a scumbag

i understand what its like to want something and feel in the dark etc

i hadnt been part of this thread so it was a snap reaction

i would just like to say this, until reading this thread, all i knew about this was i had asked someone who emailed me to give me a little time as i was in hospital, and that they had gone and issued a chargeback, something i was already stewing about, then seeing this thread all came as a bit of a shock, i should have thought more before i spoke, but from my point of view what i said was justified, taking the time to read things properly and think from his point of view as well, id chalk this all down to a breakdown of communication

its been a very long and incredibly tiring and emotional few weeks

Thanks for the refund I appreciate it. Would have rather had the set, but its fine. I just want to make it clear I never issued a charge back, a charge back is something done via credit card companies and I would have been refunded immediately.. however charge backs are pretty damaging.

Offline blastoid

« Reply #1402 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:08:55 »
As a spectator to this whole situation, with no emotions involved, I'd like to say a couple things.

First and foremost, I'm sorry for what you've been through, Bunny. I'm happy to hear that everything seems to have turned out ok.

Second, I'm frankly surprised that you were able to post any updates to GH at all. I can only imagine the mindset you were in, I would be forgetting to eat and bathe, much less post to a keyboard forum.

Finally, I know that a large number of participants in this thread were also following the CtrlAlt forum and were aware of the situation. It would have been great if one of those users had linked that thread here for those who are not as active. I'm surprised that no one with knowledge of the situation chimed in during the heated discussions over the past week.

Not that any of this matters now. Just my 2¢

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1403 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:31:52 »
to conclude this

So... Can i take one of the base sets? I'm in no rush btw. Take all the time you need to get your stuff sorted out... but.. I call dibs on a base set please!

ill announce all the extras we have here before they go up in the store, but that wont be until after every single person in this buy has been fully taken care of

I'm really praying that there might be a few PETSCII sets (and spacebars) left over. I'm hating myself for not getting it. I guess it was because I ordered Retro and JTK at the same time and thought that I had spent too much already. All I know now is that my JD40 needs some PETSCII love.

I'll have to keep F5ing the store once everyone has their orders.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1404 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:20:35 »
to conclude this

i think it for the best that we just put a line under this

i shouldnt have called you a scumbag

i understand what its like to want something and feel in the dark etc

i hadnt been part of this thread so it was a snap reaction

i would just like to say this, until reading this thread, all i knew about this was i had asked someone who emailed me to give me a little time as i was in hospital, and that they had gone and issued a chargeback, something i was already stewing about, then seeing this thread all came as a bit of a shock, i should have thought more before i spoke, but from my point of view what i said was justified, taking the time to read things properly and think from his point of view as well, id chalk this all down to a breakdown of communication

its been a very long and incredibly tiring and emotional few weeks

Thanks for the refund I appreciate it. Would have rather had the set, but its fine. I just want to make it clear I never issued a charge back, a charge back is something done via credit card companies and I would have been refunded immediately.. however charge backs are pretty damaging.

Just to be clear and so other people know... if you open a case against a transaction done with a "seller" through PayPal that seller's account is basically screwed until the case is closed. I sold someone a CPU on reddit's hardware swap and the guy opened a case against the transaction because he didn't check if the CPU was compatible with his motherboard. Because of that case a bunch of other transactions of mine (both selling and buying) were put on hold or canceled which made me look pretty bad.

Unless you are pretty certain you've been scammed please don't take action through PayPal. PayPal often sides with the buyer and won't hesitate to completely screw the seller's account. I understand frustrations with the delays but with someone like Bunny I'd feel pretty safe I wasn't getting scammed or screwed out of my money.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1405 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:39:42 »
thumbs up for the update bunny, and thankfully you made it throw that rough time.

as far communication goes .. its not your fault and i doubt someone is blaming you,

the majority here knew oneway or a other that YOU had a terrible time

cody could have been a little more "communicative" about the situation at least thats what the most of us "last" guys where hopeing for .

last status was "youll have a tracking id tomorrow"

a simple " we are waiting on sets comming back due to 'mistakes', will update in 2-3 weeks" would have been sufficient  to put at least my worries and questions to rest.

call it a recomendation to consider for improvement

+ beeing a little worried at the first groupbuy, i guess everone felt that way at least once.

looking forward to get that awesome set to my doorstep
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:44:43 by pkircher »

Offline harlw

« Reply #1406 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:06:39 »
thumbs up for the update bunny, and thankfully you made it throw that rough time.

as far communication goes .. its not your fault and i doubt someone is blaming you,

the majority here knew oneway or a other that YOU had a terrible time

cody could have been a little more "communicative" about the situation at least thats what the most of us "last" guys where hopeing for .

last status was "youll have a tracking id tomorrow"

a simple " we are waiting on sets comming back due to 'mistakes', will update in 2-3 weeks" would have been sufficient  to put at least my worries and questions to rest.

call it a recomendation to consider for improvement

+ beeing a little worried at the first groupbuy, i guess everone felt that way at least once.

looking forward to get that awesome set to my doorstep

+1 on this - only make commitments you can fulfill ("these will go out today" type stuff) and if there is an issue just give us a simple heads-up, no need for lengthy explanations if you don't want, just a bit of communication goes a LONG way.

Thanks for jumping in Bunny.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline loktar

« Reply #1407 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:51:19 »
I understand frustrations with the delays but with someone like Bunny I'd feel pretty safe I wasn't getting scammed or screwed out of my money.

Some internet guy trusts another guy on the internet +1. Definitely enough for me to be at ease with sums of money.

+1 on this - only make commitments you can fulfill ("these will go out today" type stuff) and if there is an issue just give us a simple heads-up, no need for lengthy explanations if you don't want, just a bit of communication goes a LONG way.

Thanks for jumping in Bunny.

All it took was an actual threat of action! Too bad no one else is a part of the process that can provide updates ;D

Offline tangkims

« Reply #1408 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 13:17:23 »

Some internet guy trusts another guy on the internet +1. Definitely enough for me to be at ease with sums of money.

If you were so skeptical  or had any doubt... why did you even join in the first place...? Either way, I'm just glad you got your refund so I can have your base set  :D thanks!

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1409 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:24:43 »
I understand frustrations with the delays but with someone like Bunny I'd feel pretty safe I wasn't getting scammed or screwed out of my money.

Then you shouldn't have joined in the first place! Glad someone could benefit from your mistake  :thumb:

Offline tangkims

« Reply #1410 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:55:01 »

Then you shouldn't have joined in the first place! Glad someone could benefit from your mistake  :thumb:

yay me!

Offline loktar

« Reply #1411 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:00:59 »

If you were so skeptical  or had any doubt... why did you even join in the first place...? Either way, I'm just glad you got your refund so I can have your base set  :D thanks!

Yeah no problem man!

Offline justinyhuang

« Reply #1412 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 00:04:28 »
if anyone is tired of this set, especially if you have the colemak set, i would love to take care of them with a reasonable price ;D
and if there is a ROUND2, i will definitely in.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1413 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 06:03:37 »
there will be no round 2 :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1414 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 06:18:22 »
there will be no round 2 :)

The new ones don't realize that yet but matt3o doesn't like doing re-runs.

So he should because it hampers new designs that he might come up with in the near future, so basically when you frequent here ALWAYS make sure you save up your money fast because they will go towards other key-sets when they happen to tight deadlines.

You shall learn that if you want to be a true key-cap addict, you need to be nimble and quick to pick up orders when they present themselves.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1415 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 08:30:02 »
never re-run, never surrender!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1416 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 09:14:34 »
Not to mention this is version 2, version one being DSA.
Of course, were you to make a GMK set I doubt anyone would complain :)

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #1417 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 22:59:10 »
Could you guys do this via PM or a court of law?

i had been dealing with this privately, i hadnt seen the thread in a while, but as he chose to come and make all this public when i wasnt here to defend myself, its only fair that i get to respond now i am here

Meh, after reading all this, just wanted to post some support and thank you again (and the team) for the amazing work. Love the set, love the work around it and tired of people who think they are buying from Amazon... -_-  (saw some totally unrelated but same spirit bull**** on another forum, I'm amazed by the lack of comprehension of the whole groupbuy process by some people... Damn, they even had a website and a proper order form this time :D )  Anyway take care Bunny. Of you and your family.  <3
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1418 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 16:45:49 »
Still love my SA Retro set. Great job all involved, despite the hiccups :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1419 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:49:23 »
cody gets back from holiday late today/early tomorrow

this will be a priority to get wrapped up for the few outstanding orders

if anyone has any concerns or special requests

please pm me, i may be a bit slow to reply as its hard to get online with teh baby right now, but i will as soon as i ever can

thanks
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline harlw

« Reply #1420 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:20:09 »
cody gets back from holiday late today/early tomorrow

this will be a priority to get wrapped up for the few outstanding orders

if anyone has any concerns or special requests

please pm me, i may be a bit slow to reply as its hard to get online with teh baby right now, but i will as soon as i ever can

thanks

Thanks bunny - looking forward to it
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Supergeek

« Reply #1421 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:38:21 »
I just hope there will be some Commodore logo 1.25 mods available when the extras go up for sale, that would be awesome.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1422 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 12:22:35 »
awesome cant wait to get my sets :) thanks bunny

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1423 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:30:34 »
spoke to cody, this should be being wrapped up or at least as close as is possible tonight or tomorrow
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1424 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:43:40 »
The man has spoken, we shall now rest in peace.  Thank you Bunny, we really owe A TON of THANKS to you and Cody for helping us see this one to the end. 

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1425 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:57:38 »
spoke to cody, this should be being wrapped up or at least as close as is possible tonight or tomorrow

:eek:

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1426 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:08:53 »
Wrapping up pins, stickers and tees now. Retro is on track to being completed 100% today.

:)

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #1427 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:52:11 »
Cody: does this include my missing kits?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1428 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 16:14:30 »
Cody: does this include my missing kits?

Please refresh my memory via pm or email and I'll see what I can do.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1429 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:51:08 »
Holy crap, it's like getting a bro cap. MANY MANY THANKS CODY!
Best update ever! Great job sorting this massive order out for the guys. You're amazing!

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1430 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 20:38:08 »
I have begun shipping the final orders. Not long now. :)

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #1431 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:28:37 »
Can't believe I missed this GB! :confused:  If it returns, you can bet I'll be all over it!
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1432 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 22:37:07 »
no return . it might pop up with a different profile(in a year or 2..) but certainly not sa

Offline blastoid

« Reply #1433 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:35:46 »
no return . it might pop up with a different profile(in a year or 2..) but certainly not sa
I vote for SS! ;)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1434 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 08:45:24 »
I don't think we will have any more Retro in our lives.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1435 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 15:16:53 »
I don't think we will have any more Retro in our lives.

Except perhaps the Row 4 Shifts when SP puts them up for sale for us? :)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #1436 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:21:51 »
Has anything been posted on the corrected COLEMAK backspace key? Do we need to contact SP individually? Going out all at once to the organizer?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1437 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:28:06 »
I have the replacements. Shoot me you address via PM or email with subject COLEMAK BACKSPACE and ;

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1438 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:44:26 »
i hope you packed the correct key in the last orders already ..

got my tracking id

thanks cody, bunny

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1439 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:11:15 »
Hot diggity dog!!!  I got a tracking number.  This is shaping out to be a awesome week. 

I too can seriously only imagine the amount of work that goes into every single one of these group buys.  Imagine if just two boxes of thousands of pieces broke open and plastic bags were mixed together.  Now imagine, just for a moment, you are the ONLY ONE in this sorting mess and you're still working your 50-60 hours every week, coming home beat and exhausted, now staring at boxes upon boxes of caps in big plastic bags and you're sitting there sorting out 200 pieces for ONE order.  Now doing that 400 times!  I think of that and then I think of the AMAZING CODY, working through this for FREE and then having to THEN deliver 200 boxes in his own car using his own gas and time to most likely hit up the post office on his Sunday and stand in line to get that one group shipment out the door. 

So yeah, I get it, and I'm FOREVER GRATEFUL to CODY and BUNNY for taking this on each and every group buy.  Seriously, I just hope these two gents don't ever grow old and feeble because I could never have the drive these two guys have.

Props and much RESPECT.

Peace

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1440 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:29:08 »
i hope you packed the correct key in the last orders already ..

got my tracking id

thanks cody, bunny

of course. I've packed them in every order since I got them.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1441 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 17:58:23 »
ctrlalt.io orders are 100% shipped.

PM me and copy bunnylake if you had a PM/direct message order.

There will be a way to request missing keys via ctrlalt.io shortly. Your order history will be migrated soon too.

- Cody

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1442 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 00:34:28 »
Hot diggity dog!!!  I got a tracking number.  This is shaping out to be a awesome week. 

I too can seriously only imagine the amount of work that goes into every single one of these group buys.  Imagine if just two boxes of thousands of pieces broke open and plastic bags were mixed together.  Now imagine, just for a moment, you are the ONLY ONE in this sorting mess and you're still working your 50-60 hours every week, coming home beat and exhausted, now staring at boxes upon boxes of caps in big plastic bags and you're sitting there sorting out 200 pieces for ONE order.  Now doing that 400 times!  I think of that and then I think of the AMAZING CODY, working through this for FREE and then having to THEN deliver 200 boxes in his own car using his own gas and time to most likely hit up the post office on his Sunday and stand in line to get that one group shipment out the door. 

So yeah, I get it, and I'm FOREVER GRATEFUL to CODY and BUNNY for taking this on each and every group buy.  Seriously, I just hope these two gents don't ever grow old and feeble because I could never have the drive these two guys have.

Props and much RESPECT.

Peace
Well written! I totally agree. So once again I say thank you to all parties involved.

Offline flamf

« Reply #1443 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 02:07:18 »
ctrlalt.io orders are 100% shipped.

PM me and copy bunnylake if you had a PM/direct message order.

There will be a way to request missing keys via ctrlalt.io shortly. Your order history will be migrated soon too.

- Cody

Thank you very much for all the hard work, appreciated!

Also, if anyone wants to acquire a Brown ISO 'ENTER' OR 'RETURN' key, these are now available. Don't ask me how that first one came about  :rolleyes:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73052.msg1934393#new

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1444 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:07:09 »
There will be a way to request missing keys via ctrlalt.io shortly.

Would you rather us wait for the site option rather than sending PM/email? I can be patient.

Offline tangkims

« Reply #1445 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:09:58 »
Does that mean I can finally purchase that left over set that one guy got a refund on for being a prick? :)

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1446 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:27:29 »
I just saw the drama that happened here a few pages back (I haven't been checking in on this forum much in the past few weeks), and I wish I could have pitched in with a reminder that Bunny had bigger things on his plate than keycaps. Even though Bunny didn't post in here, however, he did post in the CTRL[ALT] subforum, and the  website makes it easy to search for all of a user's posts. I don't think it's fair to assume the worst of someone without doing a lot of research beforehand.

Running a group buy has got to be one of the more thankless tasks out there, with proxy shipper maybe being even worse. So, thank you again Matt3o, Bunny, Cody, and anyone else who may have been helping out behind the scenes.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1447 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:46:32 »
Can't wait to get the rest of my set!

Im going to post the following because it's been clawing at my back, and I want to post from a buyer's perspective. It seems we're getting complaints only from buyers. The thing is, SA Retro has been shipping for *months*. I've placed only a few orders through CtrlAlt, so I can't remember correctly, but you don't have to be a GH member to have ordered this set. Place the order and you're done.

Then some people start seeing sets on here, DT, Reddit, and elsewhere, and then they think, "Sweet! It's shipping!" A month or two passes and they still don't have anything. Judging by the post count of those who have been vocal about it, they may not be accustomed to long waits. A few months may not seem long to us, but to newer members that's a pretty long time.

Yes, keyboards are material, disposable things; Bunny has FAR more important things on his mind. But because it's his PP account that accepts payments, and he's sort of the face of CtrlAlt, some people probably don't know whom to file claims against, etc.

I bought someone else's order and received part of it. I'm just waiting for the missing pieces, but there are others who've bought hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff and haven't gotten any of it.
Then, when they're told to PM someone, they might get a vague answer or none at all. (Only going off what people have said.)

Nevertheless, the last sets have been sent and we can all calm down.
I have nothing against Bunny, Cody, CtrlAlt, etc. ;* I get that running a side business can take a toll. I sell things on eBay on occasion and just that can wear me out sometimes.
Just wanted to give a different perspective from the other side of the coin.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:50:36 by romevi »

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1448 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 09:02:16 »
Can't wait to get the rest of my set!

Im going to post the following because it's been clawing at my back, and I want to post from a buyer's perspective. It seems we're getting complaints only from buyers. The thing is, SA Retro has been shipping for *months*. I've placed only a few orders through CtrlAlt, so I can't remember correctly, but you don't have to be a GH member to have ordered this set. Place the order and you're done.

Then some people start seeing sets on here, DT, Reddit, and elsewhere, and then they think, "Sweet! It's shipping!" A month or two passes and they still don't have anything. Judging by the post count of those who have been vocal about it, they may not be accustomed to long waits. A few months may not seem long to us, but to newer members that's a pretty long time.

Yes, keyboards are material, disposable things; Bunny has FAR more important things on his mind. But because it's his PP account that accepts payments, and he's sort of the face of CtrlAlt, some people probably don't know whom to file claims against, etc.

I bought someone else's order and received part of it. I'm just waiting for the missing pieces, but there are others who've bought hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff and haven't gotten any of it.
Then, when they're told to PM someone, they might get a vague answer or none at all. (Only going off what people have said.)

Nevertheless, the last sets have been sent and we can all calm down.
I have nothing against Bunny, Cody, CtrlAlt, etc. ;* I get that running a side business can take a toll. I sell things on eBay on occasion and just that can wear me out sometimes.
Just wanted to give a different perspective from the other side of the coin.

I can understand the buyers perspective too, and I know folks have been worried about their money and unsure of their status. There's no easy answer.

One thing though, related to this:

I get that running a side business can take a toll.

This *really* isn't a business for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are often (or always) in the hole money-wise. In this particular case, Matt3o needed someone to run the GB, and Bunny offered CTRL[ALT] to help. Without Bunny subsidizing many of these kits, they wouldn't have happened.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1449 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 09:03:04 »
No need for worry.  Bunny has responded as has Cody and so we have all received an update that things are heading in the right direction.  SP is backed up on everything as most of us already know, so lets all keep in mind that any missing or damaged keys will take SOME TIME for them to be taken care of and that is completely out of Bunny's control.  With the utmost respect to Bunny and Cody, I have always seen both these gentlemen respond considerately and reasonably to all requests.  The key with these group buys is patience and when things are outside our control we all need to do the best we can to understand they are working through a ton of orders and each order and for that matter each PM receives personal attention.

Given the incredible work Bunny and Cody had to do when situations were out of their hands with other GBs that are still being worked through, we should all be much happier knowing that all is well and those that are still waiting will get their keycaps soon.