Author Topic: [GB] SA Retro [Closed]  (Read 533084 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] SA Retro
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 09:17:01 »
One thing though, related to this:

I get that running a side business can take a toll.

This *really* isn't a business for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are often (or always) in the hole money-wise. In this particular case, Matt3o needed someone to run the GB, and Bunny offered CTRL[ALT] to help. Without Bunny subsidizing many of these kits, they wouldn't have happened.

This is true, and I should have worded it differently. I just wanted to emphasize that they're not really doing it for profit--as you and several have mentioned, they're really not making money off this--but doing it as part of a community endeavor. They, like most of us, have jobs, families, and other activities that take precedence. I wanted to give my eBay experience as an example as I know how much effort it takes to have to sort and organize stuff to mail, and all that's doing is taking away what little personal time they have left.

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 09:35:38 »
One thing though, related to this:

I get that running a side business can take a toll.

This *really* isn't a business for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are often (or always) in the hole money-wise. In this particular case, Matt3o needed someone to run the GB, and Bunny offered CTRL[ALT] to help. Without Bunny subsidizing many of these kits, they wouldn't have happened.

This is true, and I should have worded it differently. I just wanted to emphasize that they're not really doing it for profit--as you and several have mentioned, they're really not making money off this--but doing it as part of a community endeavor. They, like most of us, have jobs, families, and other activities that take precedence. I wanted to give my eBay experience as an example as I know how much effort it takes to have to sort and organize stuff to mail, and all that's doing is taking away what little personal time they have left.

Makes sense, and I take your point.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:32:17 »
Can't wait to get the rest of my set!

Im going to post the following because it's been clawing at my back, and I want to post from a buyer's perspective. It seems we're getting complaints only from buyers. The thing is, SA Retro has been shipping for *months*. I've placed only a few orders through CtrlAlt, so I can't remember correctly, but you don't have to be a GH member to have ordered this set. Place the order and you're done.

Then some people start seeing sets on here, DT, Reddit, and elsewhere, and then they think, "Sweet! It's shipping!" A month or two passes and they still don't have anything. Judging by the post count of those who have been vocal about it, they may not be accustomed to long waits. A few months may not seem long to us, but to newer members that's a pretty long time.

Yes, keyboards are material, disposable things; Bunny has FAR more important things on his mind. But because it's his PP account that accepts payments, and he's sort of the face of CtrlAlt, some people probably don't know whom to file claims against, etc.

I bought someone else's order and received part of it. I'm just waiting for the missing pieces, but there are others who've bought hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff and haven't gotten any of it.
Then, when they're told to PM someone, they might get a vague answer or none at all. (Only going off what people have said.)

Nevertheless, the last sets have been sent and we can all calm down.
I have nothing against Bunny, Cody, CtrlAlt, etc. ;* I get that running a side business can take a toll. I sell things on eBay on occasion and just that can wear me out sometimes.
Just wanted to give a different perspective from the other side of the coin.

thanks for the post

firstly, all the orders that were on the site marked as paid have now shipped,

we had to crank that out the way first and now we can work on any missing keys and kits etc, we will have a form up shortly to do just that

with regards to people complaining, personally although i think there was a small delay between shipping, i think to many people are quick to jump in and say they dont get updates without actually looking for them, i will always reply to a pm or email if i am around to receive it, and i hop in threads and reply any chance i get

admittedly less the last month or so with the kid

we had everything se tup for shipping in codys office, but in the middle of shipping cody had to vacate his office and move home, it just took some time to resort everything to make it a reasonable workflow, and there was a 2 week period where i was basically impossible to get hold of whilst i was doing hospital things, and i needed to do things like top up easypost and whatnot

but we are back in full swing and thngs have moved

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tangkims

« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:39:27 »
I've been checking like a fiend to make sure I don't miss the extras... I don't know which feeling is more irritable..... joining the original group buy to have a long wait but at least have the peace of mind that one would still get his/her set or... not joining the original group buy and potentially missing out on it at all.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1454 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 11:12:50 »
Got my sets yesterday   :D

Haven't had time to check everything yet but I did throw the Burgundy set on my Novatouch. Love it. Can't wait to get R4 shifts for it.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1455 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 11:45:51 »

Haven't had time to check everything yet but I did throw the Burgundy set on my Novatouch. Love it. Can't wait to get R4 shifts for it.

I'll be looking forward to seeing one of your great pictures, and I hope you got a USB cable to match with it  ;)

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1456 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 14:23:50 »

I'll be looking forward to seeing one of your great pictures, and I hope you got a USB cable to match with it  ;)

:D

I do have a couple colors I ordered just for Retro. I even reached out to some paracord manufacturers to see if I could get a burgundy/brown with lime accent custom made but I would have needed to order somewhere in the neighborhood of 100,000 feet for them to do a custom color  :eek:  Even if I got all the custom cable makers together for a group buy that kind of quantity isn't realistic.

Offline behemoth

« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:06:37 »
*sigh*

So I finally got my keycaps, but it seems Cody/Bunny made a mistake somewhere. I ordered two ISO kits, but got only one.

I have sent PM's and emails, but no reply yet. :-(

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1458 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:26:00 »
*sigh*

So I finally got my keycaps, but it seems Cody/Bunny made a mistake somewhere. I ordered two ISO kits, but got only one.

Similar situation for mine/harlw's order, he received an International Kit instead of a Pro Mods
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1459 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:30:35 »
*sigh*

you havent sent me any pms or emails, or at least, i have received any

if you shoot me a pm now im around for the next 30 mins or so
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:46:02 by BunnyLake »

Offline behemoth

« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:15:24 »
I sent the PM's to Cody and the emails to the mail address on the ctrlalt website.

Anyway, I've sent you a PM as well now. :)

Offline cihusss

« Reply #1461 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:41:31 »
Hey any word on that key replacement form?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:47:04 »
Hey any word on that key replacement form?

currently being worked on

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1463 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:35:43 »
i get mine delivered tmr .. ill report back if there are any hickups ..

thanks!

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1464 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 15:10:58 »
If this set would of had 1.25u keys for . / (and I thought to get a PETSCII kit  :-[ ) it would have been perfect

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1465 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 15:26:56 »
If this set would of had 1.25u keys for . / (and I thought to get a PETSCII kit  :-[ ) it would have been perfect
Show Image

Looks cool though!

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1466 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 16:28:03 »
Show Image

Looks cool though!

Thanks!

And if any of you are willing to sell their PETSCII kit, please let me know

Offline dezoe

« Reply #1467 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 06:08:29 »
@codyeatworld : Could you please respond to my question about my missing order. sent pm's on Nov 3 and 23

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1468 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 07:34:41 »
@codyeatworld : Could you please respond to my question about my missing order. sent pm's on Nov 3 and 23

Just shoot me a pm so I know what's going on and I'll talk to him about it and get back to you

Offline dezoe

« Reply #1469 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 10:22:43 »

Just shoot me a pm so I know what's going on and I'll talk to him about it and get back to you
Done  :thumb:

Thanks

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1470 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 13:59:27 »
Well, it's been two months with these in a bag waiting on the true retro pro mods to turn up, but I couldn't wait any longer:

My three favorite keys: F, Pi, Vim

« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2015, 22:47:17 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline pkircher

« Reply #1471 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 16:07:07 »
looks like i got anything i ordered .. nothing missing 

when are the scoops going to be for sell ?

thanks

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1472 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 04:29:27 »
I can just imagine pressing a Pi button on a C64 and just watching numbers fill the screen veeeery slowly as it goes through Leibniz' formula.

"Hey, you asked for Pi, now I'm gonna give you Pi! Please wait. Do NOT restart computer until finished, or your house will catch on fire and the cat get pregnant!"

Offline Arvid

« Reply #1473 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 10:42:08 »
So what case and plate colors do you guys think works with these caps? I'm having trouble deciding.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1474 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 10:50:04 »
So what case and plate colors do you guys think works with these caps? I'm having trouble deciding.

I'm pairing this with a sweet titanium gray keyboard. I did a mock-up and it looks sexy. If you go on CtrlAlt's website it should be the same color case as the preview for Retro Burgundy.

Offline harlw

« Reply #1475 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 11:49:02 »
It was a long painful road but it sure is pretty :D

Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1476 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 13:07:35 »

Show Image

You got that right! What case is that? Is it made of bamboo?

Offline harlw

« Reply #1477 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 13:19:42 »

Show Image

You got that right! What case is that? Is it made of bamboo?

Thanks! It's 3D printed, from a guy that makes and sells them on reddit.com/r/mk

Offline Homenubbie

« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 30 November 2015, 19:29:02 »
Got a link?

Offline harlw

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #1480 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 01:06:42 »
Any updates on replacement caps for those that got misprinted, for example inverted semicolon in the Nordic ISO kit?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1481 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 01:13:13 »
Also, just wondering how long it'll take to have replacement and error orders fulfilled. I'm just waiting on a Burgundy Numpad.

Yes, yes, I know--PM Cody. However, I haven't gotten a response from my last two PMs, and I know others haven't either. :(
So posting this here as well to see if anyone has gotten their orders fixed. :)

Offline behemoth

« Reply #1482 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 01:47:16 »
No, I'm still waiting. One ISO kit was missing, and I also have the misprinted colons.

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #1483 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 04:21:54 »
It seems that that they may be a bit busy running the current GB on CTRLALT(JTK SOPHOMORE).

But also i've gotten answer from Cody & Bunny that they will put up leftovers on ctrlalt soon...

Hopefully they are able to fulfill everyone's primary orders and then start with replacements/errors/leftovers for everyone else.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO
Soon: LeandreN GB 4 60% - Sentraq 78%

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1484 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 09:11:13 »
Also, just wondering how long it'll take to have replacement and error orders fulfilled. I'm just waiting on a Burgundy Numpad.

Yes, yes, I know--PM Cody. However, I haven't gotten a response from my last two PMs, and I know others haven't either. :(
So posting this here as well to see if anyone has gotten their orders fixed. :)

cody has been pretty busy recently,

and im not around as much to get on top of things

but what i really dont want is people sending messages and not getting replies

so for anything concerning this buy now, dont message cody, pm me directly on gh, ill respond to everyone and add whatever your request is to a spread sheet for cody to work through

anything we have on hand that needs replacing, we will aim to have it out within a week, anything we dont have on hand, i will give a list to SP and have them replaced, i cant speak for how long that will take exactly, however with replacements sp are pretty fast

think of now as a clean slate for contact about anything missing or damaged, so even if you have messaged before, please message again to me on gh as ill get this sheet started from now

i will respond to every pm, first of all to acknowledge it, then subsequently when i know if its something we have to hand, or if its something we have to get replaced via sp

thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1485 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 09:12:05 »
Any updates on replacement caps for those that got misprinted, for example inverted semicolon in the Nordic ISO kit?

yeah we have the replacements of those on hand now

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1486 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 10:32:15 »
replied to all pms sent about this so far since the post

i should have mentioned but please could people also include there current shipping address and title the pms sa retro so its easy for me to refer to them later, and an order number if you have one

thanks

Offline harlw

« Reply #1487 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 11:42:39 »
I have some extra kits for sale after picking out what I wanted from everything - message me if you're interested in any of it. Just looking to recoup costs but I did pay some extra taking over KHAANNN's order.

Pro Burgandy Mods
Colemake/Dvorak
ISO (maybe keeping this one, not sure yet)
2x Blank packs
Small spacebars
Apple kit
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 13:33:53 by harlw »

Offline aanoi

• Drew Rios
« Reply #1488 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 02:01:05 »
I have some extra kits for sale after picking out what I wanted from everything - message me if you're interested in any of it. Just looking to recoup costs but I did pay some extra taking over KHAANNN's order.

Pro Burgandy Mods
Colemake/Dvorak
ISO (maybe keeping this one, not sure yet)
2x Blank packs
Small spacebars
Apple kit

Sending you a message Harlw! I'm very interested :)

Offline cihusss

« Reply #1489 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 07:37:57 »
Hey I sent a msg a few days ago, interested in the mac set. Thanks :)

Offline behemoth

« Reply #1490 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:53:04 »
*sigh*

So I just got info from Cody that they don't have any spare ISO kits. I ordered two, but only got one.

Basically, I bought two of everything in order to use these keys on two keyboards. But now 50% of what I bought is basically useless.

Anyone got one ISO kit to spare? I'd like to buy one.

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #1491 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:57:43 »
*sigh*

So I just got info from Cody that they don't have any spare ISO kits. I ordered two, but only got one.

Basically, I bought two of everything in order to use these keys on two keyboards. But now 50% of what I bought is basically useless.

If your biggest needs are an ISO enter key then I suggest you look into this thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73052.msg1934406#msg1934406

There should be some still available :)
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO
Soon: LeandreN GB 4 60% - Sentraq 78%

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1492 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:58:23 »
*sigh*

Wait, you bought this already?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1493 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 15:04:06 »
*sigh*

there was a bug on the site where some orders werent marked as shipped

so some people may have gotten 2 orders

we are looking in to it, as we ordered extras of every kit, so its impossible for us to be short something

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1494 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 15:22:28 »
*sigh*

we are looking in to it, as we ordered extras of every kit, so its impossible for us to be short something

Oh, good!

Offline behemoth

« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 16:37:34 »
*sigh*

Hm, OK. Cody sent me a PM today, telling me that you didn't have any ISO kits left (even though I paid for two, but only received one).
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 16:39:07 by behemoth »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1496 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 16:38:58 »
*sigh*

Hm, OK. Cody sent me a PM today, telling me that you didn't have any ISO kits left (even tough I paid for two, but only received one).

yeah thats correct, as posted above, there was a bug on the site where it wasnt marking orders as shipped, so some people received there order more than once, we posted about it as it happened, so we are in the process of contacting them to get the duplicate orders back

Offline cihusss

« Reply #1497 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:18:59 »
Hey guys any word on the key replacement form?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1498 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 11:58:22 »
Let me know if someone has the leftover ISO keys or international set !

Offline potatowire

« Reply #1499 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 15:19:51 »
They chose a great keyset to promote the SEALWoodworking drop.