Author Topic: [IC] POM Jelly keycaps  (Read 38391 times)

Offline ryou965

[IC] POM Jelly keycaps
« on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 02:33:25 »
Let's start with a photo!

We are Escape Keyboard https://esckeyboard.com/ , a new vendor in Australia. We are hoping to bring the POM keycaps back to the mechanical keyboard community with a wider selection of colors and configurations.

If you have ever stumbled across the GON NS NerD Crystal TKL (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65501)at some point (if you haven’t, here is the video)

you probably wanted a set of these. I paid an absurd amount for my set more than half a decade ago and after using them everyday since, perhaps everyone should give them a go!

These unique looking translucent blank keycaps are made of POM, the same material as the holy panda switches stem and even the housing in their newest batch! 
(scroll down and see FAQ if you want to know more about this material).

==========================================================================================================================================================================================

Apart from the existing Rainbow and white color sets, we have acquired samples for a range of colors:

Custard(or yellow), Matcha (light green), Strawberry (pink), Ramune (light blue), Lavender and Lime.  Here is the album showcasing all the colors against white caps.https://imgur.com/a/YcQJYn8

(Photos by WT.Studio.HK, check out his instagram!https://www.instagram.com/wt.studio.hk/)

At the moment we are aiming for a plain blank set with one color for the minimalistic look. 
P.S. If you are a fan of RGB these work great as POM is translucent and act like a diffuser for your LEDs.

Important details:

Material: POM (Acetal)
Profile: OEM
Rows: Top R4, R4, R3, R2, R1, R1 Bottom
BottomThickness: 1mm
Stem: Cherry MX compatible
Standard layout: ANSI (ISO will be supported if we hit MOQ)
Since these are blanks they are labelled on the underside regarding their rows.

Kit options:
Currently we plan on offering two kits,
First is a full kit that will do a standard 104 key keyboard with 65% conversion extras.
Second kit is a 60% kit with 1.75 shift included.

Goal of this IC
We would love to do kits that better suit your needs so we would love your input! Perhaps 2 tone sets? Please fill out the survey below!

Keep in mind that these are blanks so there are no dedicated keys really, you will be able to use keys from your numpad if you intend to create slightly different layouts.
If you are interested please fill out the this survery, all feedback is truly appreciated. It has around 15 questions and will take around 2 minutes to fill.
https://forms.gle/iMWb8uXDZ9yA4ayi8

Would keycaps made with POM interest you? Perhaps a different layout? Or a different profile? Do you want more color options e.g. White alphas with different colored mods? Or legends? Or just alpha/mod kits?

If you are not familiar with these keycaps, we’ve sent minterly, alexotos and Top Clack samples for some pictures and a review. They are not paid in anyway apart from getting to keep the set. Check out their instagram, blogs and streams to have a better look at these sets!

Streams:
TopClack (POM keycap stream Sunday 8th March 8pm UK time)https://www.twitch.tv/topclack
Minterly (POM keycaps stream Monday 9th March 6pm PST)https://www.twitch.tv/minterly
Alexotos (POM keycaps stream Saturday and Sunday  7th and 8th March 7:30pm EST)https://www.twitch.tv/alexotos_live

Reviews:
https://www.alexotos.com/   (next week!)
https://topclack.com/textclack  (coming soon)

youtube:
Minterly (sound test soon)https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdF23kSiKi8LnqeAusf6VMA

Estimated timeline

-Interest check (2 weeks)
-Ship out testers
-Time for testers to arrive
-Collect community feedback
-Groupbuy(Run for 4 weeks)
-Lead time around 3 months
-Shipping(might take around 4 to 6 weeks depend on quantity)

Torture test:
There are lots of claims on how ABS,PBT and POM differ from each other. We decided to put them to the test in terms of both abrasion and chemical resistance.

Bear in mind that we took these tests to the extreme. Your ABS or PBT caps will not disintegrate and are just as capable as POM in terms of daily use. We are talking about marginal gains here you most probably won’t spill acetone onto your GMKs. Please refer to the FAQ section for torture test results.

FAQ

Are these POM caps better than double shot ABS?
Durability wise, in theory, definitely! POM has a density of 1.41 g/cm3 and Abs and PBT has 1.1 and 1.3 g/cm3 respectively. This causes a different sound profile and touch due to the unique material. In terms of thickness, they are thinner than most of the premium ABS double shots out there. So it will be down to personal preference on both aesthetics and touch.

How do these keys feel and sound?
Although they do not have a gloss finish, due to the material they feel silky smooth. They also sound a bit like marbles, with a slightly deep “thocc”, possibly due to their density even though they are a bit thinner than most premium double shots.

Layout seems limited?
For the time being we are limited to 65% support  for full sets and 1.5u CTRL/ALT without 7u spacebar due to the low numbers of sets we initially ordered as samples. If we reach MOQ we WILL introduce better layouts (notably including 7u spacebars, ISO enter, 40s etc).

Torture test results:
Abrasion test: 100 passes on 120 grit sandpaper with 1500g of force.
Material loss:
ABS: 0.6mm
PBT: 0.5mm
POM: 0.3mm

Chemical resistance test:

Hydrogen peroxide 6% v/v (24 hr)
No visible difference. No deformation or cracks.

Ethyl Acetate (ester, 6 hr)
ABS completely deformed, soft and sponge like
PBT deformed around the bottom, soft to touch
POM no visible difference, no deformation of shape, did not soften.
Torture test
You can see the full result with photos here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m-z6VRVZxFi8dG04LsdTu-2WrWxrsRD1WXc9D5q8ZGA/edit?usp=sharing

Want more updates or photos? Follow us on:
Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/escape_keyboard/

If you have any questions, you can find us on
Discord https://discord.gg/HatQPNW
Website https://esckeyboard.com/
We also have an interesting artisan project so come and have a chat with us!
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 March 2020, 09:49:15 by ryou965 »

Offline Sycomore

Re: [IC] POM Jelly keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 02:44:49 »
Lavender looking good, excited for the result of this IC

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 02:49:24 »
yoooooo, we out here for this

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 05:30:26 »
Any chance these can be reworked into Cherry profile instead of OEM?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:32:06 »
Actually a fan of oem, or literally any other profile than cherry, for this. Too many GMK options out there. Would prefer this to be something different, and no one really offers quality caps in OEM.

That said I'd try these in cherry too. Haha.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:35:44 »
desperately hoped that Feng would bring these back one day....but this works! Looks great!

edit: +1 for cherry profile
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 13:26:48 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline SantiGo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 08:16:36 »
Can we have this cherry profile? And 1mm not very thin?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 08:18:48 »
prayin for the WKL support  :-X and cherry profile
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 March 2020, 01:14:38 by dantambok »
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 09:26:22 »
Any chance these can be reworked into Cherry profile instead of OEM?

This.

Additionally, 7u spacebar is absolutely necessary.

Other than that, lovely. Looking forward to GB.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 09:47:00 »
7u spacebar and cherry profile and I'm definitely in
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline wil

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:00:46 »
i don't mind OEM, it would be interesting. would however be interested in a rainbow base kit like the header image in the OP. 7u would be nice as well.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:05:30 »
Did you fix the spacebar?

6.25 OEM spacing on the original sets is slightly off and will not work on cherry stabilizers.

Other than that, the originals also yellow quite easily, even my blue set.

Before disappearing Feng did source some cherry profile ones but they were only in white and rainbow.

Coincidentally I also used mine on a GON

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:11:17 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:26:53 »
Ah. I'm fully on board with going cherry if that's the only way to fit modern layouts and cherry stabs

Offline MasterTi

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 12:32:02 »
Will there be an option for side printed kits?

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 22:32:45 »
Cherry profile pls
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 23:20:01 »
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 01:50:38 »
Pls do cherry profile.

Offline noawan

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 03:10:43 »
+1 for Cherry profile and mx hhkb support

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 04:18:47 »
Hello! This is CognacWine from Escape Keyboards. Thanks for letting us know your concern. As a long time lurker I thought I really should register and start answering some questions!

6.25 OEM spacing on the original sets is slightly off and will not work on cherry stabilizers.

Show Image

You are 100% correct on both issues! 
We are well aware of the OG OEM spacebar problem as demonstrated here https://imgur.com/6EC19ms this is with a GMMK TKL with cloned cherry stabs i believe. You can see that since the stems are not fully aligned when you depress the key full it sort of pushes the stab stems outwards causing a jam between the housing and the stem of the stabs.

I believed that the problem is resolved with our new batchhttps://imgur.com/lY6cgG9 as demonstrated with the same keyboard.

We have asked about the possibility of adding more UV stabilizers into the plastic but have not gotten a definitive reply.
We've also done some testing on the effect of UV on the keys, I'll post a photo between the different of a UV exposed key, a chemically exposed key and a normal key when i get some better lighting this week.

I'm not sure if we can do anything more regarding on UV exposure as I suspect that that is tied to how the pellets are made and not something that you can just add into the injection process.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 18:13:21 »
Hello! This is CognacWine from Escape Keyboards. Thanks for letting us know your concern. As a long time lurker I thought I really should register and start answering some questions!

Show Image

We are well aware of the OG OEM spacebar problem as demonstrated here https://imgur.com/6EC19ms this is with a GMMK TKL with cloned cherry stabs i believe. You can see that since the stems are not fully aligned when you depress the key full it sort of pushes the stab stems outwards causing a jam between the housing and the stem of the stabs.

I believed that the problem is resolved with our new batchhttps://imgur.com/lY6cgG9 as demonstrated with the same keyboard.

We have asked about the possibility of adding more UV stabilizers into the plastic but have not gotten a definitive reply.
We've also done some testing on the effect of UV on the keys, I'll post a photo between the different of a UV exposed key, a chemically exposed key and a normal key when i get some better lighting this week.

I'm not sure if we can do anything more regarding on UV exposure as I suspect that that is tied to how the pellets are made and not something that you can just add into the injection process.

great, thanks for the response
I love Elzy

Offline Yumelon

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 20:24:10 »
im in

Offline dibkib

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 11:09:41 »
Omg yes plz

Offline dakanya

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 23:04:49 »
I'm interested

Offline jrs

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 23:43:40 »
I wish we could get an option for darker colored keycaps, like gray or black keycaps, even if they weren't necessarily transparent.

Offline vegs

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 04:11:19 »
Are these the same as the Taobao poms?

I'm interested regardless, especially if you offer ISO :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline wencan008

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 16:51:42 »
Also would like to see a dark gray or black set and I noted it in the IC. I think a blank set with different colors for alphas and mods would be nice if it's just a slightly darker shade for mods (personally would prefer a two light pastel greens). Definitely will get at least one set just for the sound. Will you be providing sound comparisons with other caps?

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 16:57:41 »
In if its Cherry Profile but if it ended up as OEM, still in lol
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:04:52 by rainb1ood »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 19:48:49 »
Cherry profile + 7u spacebar are an absolute must in these modern keeb times.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 20:11:13 »
definitely need cherry profile

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 20:59:50 »
Cherry profile would be nice, any chance for an ergodox kit though?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:09:12 »
7u spacebar and cherry profile and I'm in

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:15:15 »
If they decide to go cherry profile I sure hope they still improve the molds because the cherry profile version is only like 1mm thick and sounds like ass lol
I love Elzy

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:39:17 »
If they decide to go cherry profile I sure hope they still improve the molds because the cherry profile version is only like 1mm thick and sounds like ass lol

if the info in the op is accurate, the oem profile version is also 1mm thick lmao
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:40:38 »

if the info in the op is accurate, the oem profile version is also 1mm thick lmao

yes the oem is also 1 mm ish i'm just saying it won't be much of an improvement just because it's cherry profile although i understand that people prefer the shape as well.

just saying these are beautiful looking keycaps that are garbage when it comes to practicality.

That said I'm not calling out the IC runner I am sure they are doing their best to improve them before taking orders. Just voicing my experience and concerns beforehand to help since it's IC.
I love Elzy

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:45:07 »

yes the oem is also 1 mm ish i'm just saying it won't be much of an improvement just because it's cherry profile although i understand that people prefer the shape as well.

just saying these are beautiful looking keycaps that are garbage when it comes to practicality.

That said I'm not calling out the IC runner I am sure they are doing their best to improve them before taking orders. Just voicing my experience and concerns beforehand to help since it's IC.

ah gotcha. i've only ever had aliexpress trash for pom so it would be nice if they made them thicker.
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 23:13:45 »
OEM profile ;_; 

POM feels amazing - I have a set of black cherry profile POM caps and I love them.  When ABS shines it feels weirdly tacky to me but POM is shiny from day one and just feels smooth.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 23:56:15 »
Been trying to throw a set of jelly poms on my Pearl ever since I've bought it, maybe now I won't have to wait anymore.

Offline Tarek

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 00:32:50 »
OEM profile ;_; 

POM feels amazing - I have a set of black cherry profile POM caps and I love them.  When ABS shines it feels weirdly tacky to me but POM is shiny from day one and just feels smooth.

Maybe you mean because of LEDS but POM isn't shiny AFAIK. It's got a strange, almost waxy look to it.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 00:40:59 »
Would definitely get a set if it were cherry profile and TKL

Offline CrispFunk

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 00:49:37 »
Down for a 60% or hhkb set either to go on my AP2 or lattice.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 00:56:02 »
Definitely interested! Like others already said Cherry profile would be preferred, I also like that the kit is minimal.

Offline Kawsur

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:12:09 »
I’m in.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:36:26 »
Actually a fan of oem, or literally any other profile than cherry, for this. Too many GMK options out there.

Agreed. Too much GMK-everything. Plus it keeps the amount of new moulds needed to be made to a minimum and keeps turn-around time and costs down.

Offline CrispFunk

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 14:47:13 »
Actually a fan of oem, or literally any other profile than cherry, for this. Too many GMK options out there.

Agreed. Too much GMK-everything. Plus it keeps the amount of new moulds needed to be made to a minimum and keeps turn-around time and costs down.
I do love my gmk profile, but yeah others would be great. Personally not a huge fan of SA. Maybe mt3, xda, or even dsa would be fun.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 15:38:48 »

I do love my gmk profile, but yeah others would be great. Personally not a huge fan of SA. Maybe mt3, xda, or even dsa would be fun.
Haha. And here I was thinking KAT

Offline CrispFunk

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 15:41:46 »

Haha. And here I was thinking KAT
I wanna try a Kat set. Seems to fix what I don't like about SA

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 03:58:20 »

Jely POM in MT3 would be the ultimate - breaking the (mass)drop monopoly would be worth buying into this even if I didn't particularly like the caps, and it is a MUCH more comfortable profile than SA. Speculating here but I imagine the cupped tops would bring a good balance to the naturally slippery feel of POM far better than just rough-texturing the tops.

Offline Yumelon

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 04:24:24 »
If you can make a set of modifiers in different shapes like a shift 1.25 that'd be nice haha.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 05:51:29 »
Good to see some manufacturer still produce POM caps :thumb: :thumb:

POM & Backlit is a stunning combination

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 12:27:23 »
Maybe you mean because of LEDS but POM isn't shiny AFAIK. It's got a strange, almost waxy look to it.
Well I only have two POM sets and only really used one.  They're both very shiny from day one but the feeling is a lot better than shined ABS caps.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 13:11:32 »
also in, if cherry profile is available.

Offline CF73

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 06:07:30 »
+1 for cherry profile.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 17:15:30 »
All these people begging for cherry profile, lmao. I see some things never change around here.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 18:00:30 »
All these people begging for cherry profile, lmao. I see some things never change around here.

I actually prefer OEM for this because it means I can use them with topre without o-rings.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 18:06:49 »

I actually prefer OEM for this because it means I can use them with topre without o-rings.
How do you figure? Topre keys are effectively OEM profile, and I definitely needed rings on mine.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:16:47 »

How do you figure? Topre keys are effectively OEM profile, and I definitely needed rings on mine.

I'm not following. You need O-Rings on your stock topre keycaps? The shorter cherry profile keys impact the slider housings on my novatouch, but the taller top/bottom rows are fine as is. OEM is taller on all rows so they should clear fine?

Edit: Are you talking about silencing rings? That's a completely different issue than what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 March 2020, 13:18:44 by Ensaum »

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 16:38:39 »
Very interested! Would love to see solid black as an option in the future if not possible in the first run. Cherry profile would be awesome and please please please include a 7u spacebar  ^-^

Offline dantambok

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 21:04:16 »
ohhhh yes a black set would indeed look nice
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 09:56:12 »

Show Image

great, thanks for the response

Sorry for the late reply but here is the UV test result.
https://imgur.com/pWgOcwk

After a 2.5 week direct UV exposure under the Queensland sun. The Matcha spacebar has shown noticeable fading. The 1u Matcha key has not seen UV.

The white ones above are the OG POM Jelly Whites. 1u key has seen more than half a decade of use and the space bar did not see any usage at all due to bad stem alignment.

As you can see usage does not seem to affect the material much but UV exposure will definitely deteriorate the pigments.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:56:18 by CognacWine »

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:55:35 »
Sorry for the late reply but here is the UV test result.
https://imgur.com/pWgOcwk

After a 2.5 week direct UV exposure under the Queensland sun. The Matcha spacebar has shown noticeable fading. The 1u Matcha key has not seen UV.

The white ones above are the OG POM Jelly Whites. 1u key has seen more than half a decade of use and the space bar did not see any usage at all due to bad stem alignment.

As you can see usage does not seem to affect the material much but UV exposure will definitely deteriorate the pigments.

Hey, just a heads up, you hyperlinked an imgur/undefined url and the link doesn't go anywhere when you click on it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 12:34:01 by Ensaum »

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:57:03 »
All fixed sorry i put the url within the [url] haha

Offline CognacWine

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 21:10:45 »
Hey guys GB is live!
My mate doesn't know how to move posts so i'll just leave the link here!

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/fmdtey/gb_pom_jelly_and_giveaway/

Thanks again for your support!

Offline Tarek

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 05:20:46 »
Well I only have two POM sets and only really used one.  They're both very shiny from day one but the feeling is a lot better than shined ABS caps.

Interesting. Well, I look forward to seeing it in person.

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 14:56:55 »
Very excited to put these on the rukia w/ per key RGB when this all comes together. It's going to look wild!

Offline beestingza

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 02:48:58 »
Did this ever launch or is this still in the design phase?

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 18:07:14 »
Did this ever launch or is this still in the design phase?

These launched quite awhile ago. I'd check esckeyboards for updates/extras.
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline BaliBae

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 02:41:39 »
Any updates for the 2nd run plsss

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 03:44:42 »
Any updates for the 2nd run plsss

First round hasn't even shipped out to those that ordered them yet, so don't expect a r2 announcement anytime soon if there is one. I would keep an eye out for their extras once the GB orders have been filled.

Offline kurple

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 07:19:52 »
https://discord.gg/c8ZnhK

Join their discord for updates, the #gb-updates channel has the latest message.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 06:56:52 »
Sorry for the necro.

Again - lots of members shouted out for Jelly POM in *cherry* profile, with additional various layouts compatibility and PCB-mounted stabs.

Just want to express my wish also of seeing the production of Jelly POM key caps in cherry profile
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 10:05:58 »
Sorry for the necro.

Again - lots of members shouted out for Jelly POM in *cherry* profile, with additional various layouts compatibility and PCB-mounted stabs.

Just want to express my wish also of seeing the production of Jelly POM key caps in cherry profile

the problem is that the molds exist, but nobody has been able to find the manu with the cherry profile caps

i've been looking for a while (maybe 3 years now) and haven't been able to find them

feng did a run of cherry profile jelly poms back in the day, about 100 sets were produced i think
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline menuhin

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 11:34:14 »
More
Sorry for the necro.

the problem is that the molds exist, but nobody has been able to find the manu with the cherry profile caps

i've been looking for a while (maybe 3 years now) and haven't been able to find them

feng did a run of cherry profile jelly poms back in the day, about 100 sets were produced i think

I don't know the technicality in creating Cherry profile POM key caps, but there are still manufacturers who are still making them, e.g. NIZ keyboard fits their black capacitive keyboards with black colored cherry profiled POM key caps.

I hope this set of old POM molds will emerge some time soon.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 13:32:49 »
Also want POM cherry molds, then my endgame keycap desire will be satisfied
Don't care about jelly color I just want full black pom keycap  So lit

Imagine it on black oxide patina coat 12L14 and brushed stainless steel