Author Topic: CM Storm QuickFire TK  (Read 72622 times)

Offline nullstring

Re: CM Storm QuickFire TK
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 10:01:17 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 10:18:58 »
http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-tk-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/ LOL

No browns. I feel as though I as was expecting this.

Carter said in one of these threads that there would be a delay on the mx brown version.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 12:11:23 »
Why do all these companies feel the need to use such retarded fonts..

To better interest the retard crowd. Duh.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 13:14:05 »
Why do all these companies feel the need to use such retarded fonts..

To better interest the retard crowd. Duh.

Am I the only one think those font look very cool an sci fi ish?  Keep in mind I own a beige filco ninja so yes I do like simple keyboards.

Though I think those font only look nice when backlit, when it's pad printed / lasered it look a bit too big.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 13:54:40 »
I too enjoy those fonts. Dated a typography major for quite some time meaning I now always judge fonts.
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline nullstring

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 13:59:02 »
I too enjoy those fonts. Dated a typography major for quite some time meaning I now always judge fonts.

I appall these fonts.

Cosmonauti: What is that duck in your avatar?
I've seen it various places, but I have no idea what it is

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 14:17:21 »

I appall these fonts.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+dolan+duck%3F

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:02:20 »
The font does look kinda sci-fi, but imho not appropriate for a keyboard.

Plus, the media symbols, is it?, on the Fn keys reminds me of keyboards from the 80s where you had chunky graphics characters on them.

Plus, on the keyboard linked above, did you notice that ctrl, alt and win keys are all different sizes?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:40:23 »
I like the font too. It is mu ch better than razer. I just hope you can't feel the lettering.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:44:05 »
I like the font too. It is mu ch better than razer. I just hope you can't feel the lettering.

You won't feel the lettering.  They are normally translucent keys dye-subbed black where light should not shine through.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Hyde

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:02:13 »

lol my g/f studies illustration and had to learn typography, she hated the font.  Now if only Filco is willing to make a backlit keyboard >___>

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:45:41 »
The function keys are a bit strange, I admit to that. I'll also admit that I like razer's font styling too..

I put dolan in a space cage (ಠ益ಠ)
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:32:03 by cosmonauti »
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline AJCarrington

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:43:00 »
Just ordered one of the reds...quite looking forward to trying it out.

Offline discomatt

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:10:50 »
Where is the best place to check on updates for the release of the MX Brown version in North America? Looking to move over to my first mechanical, and the Ducky 9008S2 seems to be out of stock everywhere (at least in white LED with brown switches).

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:51:45 »
Where is the best place to check on updates for the release of the MX Brown version in North America? Looking to move over to my first mechanical, and the Ducky 9008S2 seems to be out of stock everywhere (at least in white LED with brown switches).

You have found the right place, I would have your answer....

At this point in time is comes down to one thing. We are waiting to sell out of a certain QTY in other regions before I can bring in the browns. Despite what many think, its not the shortage in brown switches that are causing TK delay.

The current TK Brown edition shipping globally has a "Brown Backplate" & when the initial material forecast is used up, it will switch to a "White Backplate" @ that point in time, I will bring it in to the US market.

Time frame is looking like Jan
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:07:54 by Carter »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 23:14:09 »
Almost there...

Now, just slap a volume roller-knob and some macro keys on the left side, and we're golden.  :cool:

Oh, and let me swap between purple and green backlighting. Red and/or Blue, i can do without. ^^
that would kinda defeat the purpose of the formfactor.

Not necessarily.  It still allows the shorter reach to the mouse on the right arm.  Personally, I would love dedicated media keys on the left-hand side somewhere as well since it's easier than taking my hand off the mouse to hit the Fn key plus an F# key or whatever the next/back media buttons are.

Offline ficklampa

• My photography portfolio
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 03:51:52 »

Linus has done an unboxing of the TK model. Looks pretty nice. Might pick one up for work. Don't like the red switches in the MK-50 I have here.
Filco TKL (mx browns) + Ducky PBT caps
Poker II (mx blues)
Keycool 22 key numpad (blue Kailh)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 04:02:10 »

Linus has done an unboxing of the TK model. Looks pretty nice. Might pick one up for work. Don't like the red switches in the MK-50 I have here.

Durability of the backlit keys are always the problem.

Offline ficklampa

• My photography portfolio
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 04:07:46 »

Durability of the backlit keys are always the problem.

Yes, indeed. I don't really care about the backlight though...
Filco TKL (mx browns) + Ducky PBT caps
Poker II (mx blues)
Keycool 22 key numpad (blue Kailh)

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 21:44:02 »
Guys I do apologize for me not being on here much. Super slammed with CES and trying to get everything back. I will double confirm arrival for brown switch as I have not been able to look at the forecast in a couple weeks. Will let everyone know tomorrow.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 21:45:52 »
Guys I do apologize for me not being on here much. Super slammed with CES and trying to get everything back. I will double confirm arrival for brown switch as I have not been able to look at the forecast in a couple weeks. Will let everyone know tomorrow.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread but if you can let us know when QuickFire XT is coming that would be great too  :D

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 22:00:39 »

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread but if you can let us know when QuickFire XT is coming that would be great too  :D

Doing my best to push schedule but looking like late april.

Stealth will be out in about a month.

Offline XTF

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 01:27:22 »
When will brown switches be available in the Netherlands?
And when will keyboards with menu key become available?

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 07:06:41 »
Hey Carter, can you comment on the TK's unorthodox bottom row and why CM have taken this approach? Just wondering, because even though many backlit keyboards I've seen have uneven spacing on that row, their key caps are still standard size—this is not the case with the TK's spacebar and CTRL keys.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 12:53:54 »
Just got my hands on a ISO-ABNT2 Layout - Cooler Master Quick Fire TK with Cherry MX Brown.

Thing looks quite nice...
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 13:07:58 »

Any idea when we can see this white keyboard with backlighting available?

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 16:41:03 »

Any idea when we can see this white keyboard with backlighting available?

Show Image

Never, I am in the process of EOL'ing the quickfire pro, as it was made by iOne which is a vendor we are discontinuing business with. We looked at bringing the white in way back when, but ultimately decided not too. We displayed it at CES becuase it matches a White/Blue theme HAF xB mod.

I am considering bringing in White TK's tho.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 17:16:52 »
Never, I am in the process of EOL'ing the quickfire pro, as it was made by iOne which is a vendor we are discontinuing business with. We looked at bringing the white in way back when, but ultimately decided not too. We displayed it at CES becuase it matches a White/Blue theme HAF xB mod.

That's teasing ;)

Anyway, do you know if any of this applies to Australia?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 01:21:47 »

I'm guessing QuickFire Pro is getting replaced by QuickFire XT?  Well played CM Storm  :D

Also white TK would look awesome too !

Offline jooks1184

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 01:38:19 »
So there's a chance we'll get the quickfire tk in white??   (Pls say yes......then take my money  :D.

Offline MCXL

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 01:57:54 »
White keys+green illumination, winner.

Though any color really would look spectacular.

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 04:02:44 »

Sorry but stupid question, April ETA is for the TK Browns right?

Offline missalaire

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 13:29:47 »

Pretty sure the April ETA is for the QuickFire XT. The TK Browns should be out now.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 27 January 2013, 14:13:19 »

Pretty sure the April ETA is for the QuickFire XT. The TK Browns should be out now.

Says unavailable still on the site.

Offline MCXL

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 13:17:34 »
I asked Carter about the availability a little while back:

Sorry, its tough to keep track of which forums i have updated and which I havent.

TK brown US version was slightly delayed further and is looking to be about mid Feb for the black bezel.

White tk w/ brown switch will most likely be late Feb.

In before "WHITE TK!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!?!?!!!!!?!!?!!?!1!!!!ONE"

Just thought peeps in this here thread would like to know.

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 23:05:22 »
I asked Carter about the availability a little while back:

Sorry, its tough to keep track of which forums i have updated and which I havent.

TK brown US version was slightly delayed further and is looking to be about mid Feb for the black bezel.

White tk w/ brown switch will most likely be late Feb.

In before "WHITE TK!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!?!?!!!!!?!!?!!?!1!!!!ONE"

Just thought peeps in this here thread would like to know.

Huh?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 08:28:39 »

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 14:25:53 »
http://iqmore.tw/cm-storm-quick-fire-tk-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-review/3
Interior pix. More on page 2.

Does it tell you who the manufacturer is when you open up the keyboard? Lol.

Offline MCXL

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 21:33:11 »
Just ordered my TK with Browns off the Cooler Master store. (yea, it's on there now)

So excited to finally be replacing my Logitech K750.

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 02:52:44 »
Just ordered my TK with Browns off the Cooler Master store. (yea, it's on there now)

Wtf!? CM customer support said first week of March..
This was like a day ago, lol.

I just got the reds, oh well..

$21 to ship to Canada, :(.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2013, 02:55:28 by imadeanaccounttoseepics »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 03:13:22 »
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 06:32:20 »

Wtf!? CM customer support said first week of March..
This was like a day ago, lol.

I just got the reds, oh well..

$21 to ship to Canada, :(.

You ordered directly from CM Store? Wouldn't it be cheaper from Ncix.ca?

Offline fexhung

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 09:06:33 »
Looks like we only have the blue and red switches available from NCIX Canada.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 11:49:19 »

Looks like Memory Express carries the TK w/ browns, but is currently out of stock. Canada Computers seems to have it as well, but only as an in store purchase.

Offline MCXL

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:00:04 »
I bought direct from CM because they get more money that way. More money means more support for products up my alley, and more love for Carter.

Sure I can save 20 bux going elsewhere, but I like to think of it as a tip.

Also,
Hell with that, LOOK WHAT'S BACK IN STOCK.
GREEENZ!!!!

Offline fexhung

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 13:54:07 »

Looks like Memory Express carries the TK w/ browns, but is currently out of stock. Canada Computers seems to have it as well, but only as an in store purchase.

Ah, didn't check there since NCIX usually has the largest selection of keyboards here. 

There's a notice on Canada Computers that the browns will be in March/April.  My friend will be pleased to know that they're at least coming, thanks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2013, 14:36:28 by fexhung »

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 14:21:36 »
I did buy my board from NCIX!

Offline rhes

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 06:04:46 »
I recently bought this keyboard and overall it's pretty nice. But the whole numpad thing is somewhat tricky. Especially because the 2nd enter key (as well as "+") get deactivated when you turn num lock off, even though they have no secondary function.
Is there any way around that? Maybe reprogramming the function or something? Not sure if that's possible. Any input would be appreciated.

Offline MCXL

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 18:05:58 »
Ok, so just got a call from CM. Board wont be available till the end of March. Wasn't supposed to make it onto the site :<.

EDIT: Let me reiterate, :<
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 February 2013, 18:11:38 by MCXL »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 18:12:50 »
Ok, so just got a call from CM. Board wont be available till the end of March. Wasn't supposed to make it onto the site :<.

EDIT: Let me reiterate, :<

Dat sucks... you want a TK board in browns right?  Is it the backlighting that does it for ya?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."