Author Topic: Any news on next-gen Kinesis Contoured?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Torious

Any news on next-gen Kinesis Contoured?
« on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 15:14:44 »
I remember reading somewhere on these boards that Kinesis is currently prototyping the next generation of their Contoured keyboard. Is there any news on that? Does anyone have any idea regarding the timeline of this?

I'm leaning towards ordering an Advantage somewhere in the near future, but if the next generation model is, say 5 months off, I'd rather wait.

Thanks for any info.

Offline natas206

• * Commercial Vendor
Re: Any news on next-gen Kinesis Contoured?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 16:27:30 »
Hopefully ::crosses fingers:: by the end of the year - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36195.0

Offline sordna

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 13:09:03 »
Are there any design change decisions made that you can share ?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 17:56:16 »
So 5-10 months-ish...neat. I'm so curious to see what's being done by Kinesis. I know a few things they considered, and will be holding out to see if the new design will be something I'll get and cut in half again.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~