Author Topic: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed  (Read 134506 times)

Offline h40

• h40.io
Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 11:25:30 »
I know this doesn't quite contribute to the discussion, but I have to say the combination oversharing, ambiguity, and excuse making here is unfortunately quite disconcerting.

Crossing my fingers.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #251 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 13:19:47 »
I know this doesn't quite contribute to the discussion, but I have to say the combination oversharing, ambiguity, and excuse making here is unfortunately quite disconcerting.

Crossing my fingers.

I know right? Maybe some of the details are getting lost in translation.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 18:59:07 »
That could be the case and shipping right now anywhere is quite frankly a mess, however the fact that absolutely no one got a tracking from what has been said is really disconcerting. How are they supposed to know where their board is and have assurance that their board is shipped. If the first twenty boards are shipped and handled like this I can not imagine how it will be once ALL the other boards are shipped as well.
Mars 6.5 | TX60 Antique Bronze | Think 6.5 V2

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 19:00:11 »
It's simple, they weren't shipped.

Offline notverriegod

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 22:58:53 »
Well, we'll see whether or not this turns out to be fine or a complete disaster. Either way their reputation is getting affected by their dismissive behavior and lack of response. Not providing a tracking label for the early 20 is really suspicious and is a sign of how unorganized they are. Hopefully they do uphold their end of the group buy

Offline Winster

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:15:48 »
Well, we'll see whether or not this turns out to be fine or a complete disaster. Either way their reputation is getting affected by their dismissive behavior and lack of response. Not providing a tracking label for the early 20 is really suspicious and is a sign of how unorganized they are. Hopefully they do uphold their end of the group buy

I don’t see why it is that difficult to give clarity on whether the boards are shipped, which ones are shipped plus tracking, which ones are not. Rest of the explanation that’s thrown about is irrelevant.

Offline notverriegod

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 10:51:26 »
Apparently it's being processed and the tracking numbers will be released on Monday due to delivery issues and whatnot

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 13:31:15 »
No, I didn't get a tracking number or anything to say it had been shipped. I was surprised when it showed up yesterday.
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

So how did this turn out? Did you get a chance to assemble?

Offline pamorama

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:57:22 »
I'm going to 1) cross my fingers and hope that the first 20 get delivered to the people who ordered them eventually, and 2) try and forget that there was any timeline associated with it.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 15:52:56 »
I mean, there’s no need to panic yet or anything. But what does kinda disappoint me is that I joined with a specific color and layout for an early July shipping and now it feels like it wouldn’t really have mattered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline victor_

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 18:07:33 »
Days go by and everything is somewhat confused. I think it is a necessity that the tracking of the shipments be sent, and notify when the shipment has been made.
We all know that the time in this world of keyboards is always somewhat ambiguous and indicative, but if transparency and clarity are necessary.
I don't need to panic, nor do I have to give up hope, we all know the hard work that goes into it, but I still feel like I need a lot more necessary information that is not being provided to me.
All my Love.

Offline darkcl

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 23:06:54 »
I just got my tracking no. :thumb:

Should be receiving the package today (according to SF express)

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 00:38:49 »
for anyone not on discord

++++++

Cake08/07/2020
Any updates here? Do you think you can at least update the PayPal invoice with the tracking number for the first 20 orders?
I think people are getting anxious since nobody has received tracking numbers, which is a normal GB practice

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS08/07/2020
The tracking number of all products has not been issued yet.
Some are still being processed by the shipping center.
The delivery company depends on the destination country.
For example, it is delivered using SF Express in China, EMS in Canada, and DHL in Spain.
The work is being processed sequentially, and we have two tracking numbers and two unique numbers per keyboard because of the use of the shipping agency.
It will be updated from Monday because we need time to process it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 August 2020, 00:43:19 by Sylvestyeo »

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 06:36:59 »
for anyone not on discord

++++++

Cake08/07/2020
Any updates here? Do you think you can at least update the PayPal invoice with the tracking number for the first 20 orders?
I think people are getting anxious since nobody has received tracking numbers, which is a normal GB practice

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS08/07/2020
The tracking number of all products has not been issued yet.
Some are still being processed by the shipping center.
The delivery company depends on the destination country.
For example, it is delivered using SF Express in China, EMS in Canada, and DHL in Spain.
The work is being processed sequentially, and we have two tracking numbers and two unique numbers per keyboard because of the use of the shipping agency.
It will be updated from Monday because we need time to process it.

Thanks Sylvestyeo, thats a good update. When you are shipping packages internationally it does take time to fill out all the custom forms and get everything shipped. I shipped a package to israel the other day and it took me maybe 30 minutes at the post office. Let's say you were shipping five packages a day, that might take you two and a half hours. But my problem is this. Why would you not take an extra 15 minutes to get the people whose packages you shipped that day updated with their tracking numbers? That part isn't difficult. Sure, its annoying but it is not difficult. That way people would have some piece of mind that things are moving a long.

Offline victor_

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 07:28:23 »
I just received my tracking number!!

Offline darkcl

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 07:53:59 »

Cannot wait to build it

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 15:01:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

Cannot wait to build it

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Good luck! Do you mind sharing which order number you were? Chammin indicated that orders would be processed sequentially.

Also really looking forward to seeing builds complete here and some sound tests if possible.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 16:01:34 »
Happy for everyone getting their boards and tracking numbers! I can’t wait to see those complete builds!
Mars 6.5 | TX60 Antique Bronze | Think 6.5 V2

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 17:42:14 »
I think I am 3rd on the list for first 20, and I have heard nothing. Not really worried too much but I doubt it is shipped sequentially.

Offline Winster

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 19:19:51 »
I think I am 3rd on the list for first 20, and I have heard nothing. Not really worried too much but I doubt it is shipped sequentially.

Strange, my email notification to verify my order said my order number is 3 as well. We couldn’t possible have the same order number .

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 20:04:27 »
I was going by the list posted earlier -

660_0001
660_0003
660_0004

I think mine is 0004, so went with third on the list. Either way, might have gone for the cerakote option if I knew this was delayed this much and waiting for those colors wouldn't have made a difference. Oh well...

Offline aloevera

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 14:49:42 »
The following list will be sent out in July.

660_0001
660_0003
660_0004
660_0006
660_0007
660_0009
660_0010
660_0011
660_0015
660_0034
660_0039
660_0042
660_0047
660_0054
660_0061
660_0063
660_0073
660_0085
660_0086

being near the bottom of the list, I'll probs be getting mine sometime in December then ^_^
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 14:54:00 by aloevera »

Offline victor_

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 15:28:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

Cannot wait to build it

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Good luck! Do you mind sharing which order number you were? Chammin indicated that orders would be processed sequentially.

Also really looking forward to seeing builds complete here and some sound tests if possible.
660_0011
The number 8 in the list

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 15:48:23 »
This GB has only been over for less than two months, you guys will get your boards, just be patient.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 17:47:27 »
This GB has only been over for less than two months, you guys will get your boards, just be patient.

Again frostfiree you are seeming to forget the explicit initial communication in this group buy that the first 20 in stock anodized boards would ship 2 weeks after GB close, with still no direct communication to the recipient that they have or will be shipped soon. I doubt anyone currently concerned with the whereabouts of their boards right now are outside of that group of 20.

Yes, most GBs it would be unusual for folks to ask about their boards within 2 months of close, but most GBs don't also include this promise for early delivery of first 20 orders. Whether it would be advisable or not, it's also probably fair to assume some people are solely in this GB as a result of that commitment, and as a result safe to assume that was expected and part of the reasoning of its communication in the first place.

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:10:07 »

Again frostfiree you are seeming to forget the explicit initial communication in this group buy that the first 20 in stock anodized boards would ship 2 weeks after GB close, with still no direct communication to the recipient that they have or will be shipped soon. I doubt anyone currently concerned with the whereabouts of their boards right now are outside of that group of 20.

Yes, most GBs it would be unusual for folks to ask about their boards within 2 months of close, but most GBs don't also include this promise for early delivery of first 20 orders. Whether it would be advisable or not, it's also probably fair to assume some people are solely in this GB as a result of that commitment, and as a result safe to assume that was expected and part of the reasoning of its communication in the first place.

It is also safe to assume that because in such a niche hobby and industry, there can be very significant delays. GB runners, especially newer ones, may overpromise or underestimate the time it takes to process and get orders shipped out even for a board that was finished in advance. Of course, as a runner, they can be more communicative, I understand that. But also as a buyer, we need to understand that GB runners are real people with real commitments outside of the hobby. If I remember correctly, we all entered this GB knowing that it was a preorder, so for the runner to even offer 20 boards early is a blessing.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 18:15:21 »

It is also safe to assume that because in such a niche hobby and industry, there can be very significant delays. GB runners, especially newer ones, may overpromise or underestimate the time it takes to process and get orders shipped out even for a board that was finished in advance. Of course, as a runner, they can be more communicative, I understand that. But also as a buyer, we need to understand that GB runners are real people with real commitments outside of the hobby. If I remember correctly, we all entered this GB knowing that it was a preorder, so for the runner to even offer 20 boards early is a blessing.

I would totally sympathize with what you're saying more but it wasn't a pre-order for first 20. It was literally communicated (and now weirdly struck through as if items could no longer be completed) that the items were already produced, and would ship starting July 1st.

It literally says "Before we started GB, we completed some keyboards."

I get it, sit back, let it happen, boards will eventually come. But on the other hand, there's no excuse here.

Offline Winster

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 23:34:14 »
Quite frankly I joined in for the first 20 and kinda gave off the opportunity to choose a cerakoted option.
So...

Between I am 003.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 00:52:50 »
Yeah - As someone who went with cerakote I can see how people who tried to get the first 20 would be upset that what was essentially advertised as an in-stock, ready to ship item is now nearly a month and a half late from the shipping date with zero confirmation that it's been sent out.

Offline Lord_Rabel

• The geek that doctors trust.
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 08:57:10 »
Looks like I missed out :(

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 20:48:33 »

t was taken at the factory yesterday. It is currently being produced.

If you are in your early twenties, please send us an email and we will inform you of the current progress. (kkingkkongworks@gmail.com)

Offline Neveller

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 05:43:40 »
Looking great! Almost unreal to see such a massive stack of solid aluminum.
Are we still on schedule for late september delivery? 

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 10:46:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

t was taken at the factory yesterday. It is currently being produced.

If you are in your early twenties, please send us an email and we will inform you of the current progress. (kkingkkongworks@gmail.com)

Sent an email to inquire on my order since I'm in the first 20, please let me know where things are at.

Thanks for the updates!

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 12:50:12 »

Offline pamorama

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 13:42:05 »

I just sent an email, because I'm in the first 20 group! (why i need to post in the thread as well, who knows... but visibility is never a bad thing at this point)

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #285 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 07:38:31 »

I just sent an email, because I'm in the first 20 group! (why i need to post in the thread as well, who knows... but visibility is never a bad thing at this point)

I actually sent an email a few days ago about the status and if it hasn't been shipped or even produced yet, what the options we have. Haven't heard anything back and that email was sent before the message asking us to send an email. I have been part of GBs that have been delayed and gone years in the past, yet nothing like this. I am confused as to why 20 completed boards got delayed by 6 weeks(even accounting for the rains, the boxes and the shipping vendor which was more two weeks ago) and here we are still no sign of where they are or what's happening.

Offline Winster

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 07:52:12 »
Same story here. Email sent before and after the last update. Yet no response. A simply update on this post to indicate which of the orders have been shipped out, when are test going out and so on. At this point the only thing that happening is my post count here is going up.

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 15 August 2020, 22:32:24 »
Hello, I apologize for the delay in the update.
To put it to the point, we can't use the office right now.

The continued heavy rain has flooded the office recently.

Many of our equipment, including our work PCs, got wet and stopped working.

Because of this, we urgently called a moving company to move all of our luggage from the office to the warehouse to prevent further damage.

We are currently in a lawsuit with the property owner on this matter.

The problem is, I couldn't use my office PC. The Gmail account information was in the office.

As a result, it took time for us to recover our account access rights.

Now we have full access to geekhack, unlike some time ago when only geekhack had limited access. And now we have access to gmail and order information.

Currently, we are working at home. You will be able to answer your email and inquiries soon.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

There is a problem with the proceeding of the lawsuit, and we have to visit the factory, so we may be a little late. But I'll try my best.

Summary: The heavy rain has locked the office and moved all the luggage to the warehouse. This caused a delay because the office PC was unavailable. We are now able to reuse the information we need to work on.

Email inquiries are now being processed, and for the first 20 delivery delays, there is a problem with the shipping agency. I will send you a personal email about this.

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 09:42:04 »
I don't know KKKK / chanmin personally and I've never bought one of their boards but it seems like a they are being blamed for delays that are mostly out of their control. I currently reside in Korea and I can confirm that it is currently monsoon season here. There has been lots of issues with flooding in the past 2-3 weeks. Also, while I have had no issues with EMS shipping, due to the current COVID shipping situation the possible shipping destinations from Korea via EMS has been cut down to 18 countries. Also, before COVID, the shipping times for EMS were 3 to 5 business days. However, lately the shipping times seem to range from 5 to 15 days. So, I can understand their decision to change the shipping process.

I agree that their communication could be better and things seem to be lost in translation but they have ran a handful of successful GBs domestically in Korea and I believe they are doing the best they can.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:36:02 by Seoulcialite »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 10:16:06 »
I do believe everything is legit and will work out in the end. It’s just so much weird things happening :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pamorama

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 08:32:59 »
Just want to share that I got an email this morning confirming that my order (one of the first 20) has in fact shipped, but that they are somewhat in the dark about the progress of the shipment, since the shipping agency has not updated the status for a long time. Here's hoping that there is actual movement of the packages, despite the status not being updated, and that any news they receive will be communicated to everyone.

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 10:25:34 »

Production Update-(Not sandblasted yet)

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 11:42:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Production Update-(Not sandblasted yet)

In the first 20, sent an email last Thursday (8/13) on my order status, just followed up today again, please let me know once you have a chance.

Appreciate the production picture updates!

Offline aloevera

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 15:19:39 »
I am also part of the first 20 and have sent a few e-mails/messages over the span of the last couple weeks. I would appreciate an update as I have not heard anything back nor a shipping notification. Cheers

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 15:35:44 »
Tomfoolery.

The message provided to first 20 includes a screenshot of package records indicating they are "preparing for delivery", and not as to whether those packages are addressed to the buyer. Edit: No address, order number, or invoice number.

I believe it's fair to assume they have not shipped yet, and to be honest given the nature of this ambiguous over-sharing of perhaps irrelevant (to folks who were promised early shipment of in-stock items) information, and lack of communication it's also completely within reason to suspect the screenshot isn't even of items preparing for delivery to those folks.

Think about it. How hard would it be to look up an order on behalf of less than 20 people who sent you over $300 and provide this information?

Offline Neveller

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 04:31:13 »
Yeah it's definitely very odd.

I fully believe we'll all get our product in the end, but the 20 people that ended up joining just to get it early clearly got shafted.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 05:59:34 »
Hello, I apologize for the delay in the update.
To put it to the point, we can't use the office right now.

The continued heavy rain has flooded the office recently.

Show Image

Show Image

Flooding in Korea?

Isn't flooding only a China problem as I've seen on the mainstream media?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Neveller

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 08:07:43 »
No they definitely did deal with numerous flash floods, several people died as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Korean_floods
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2020, 08:10:06 by Neveller »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 01:24:03 »
bless the rain gods

Offline chanmin kang

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 01:47:35 »

Secondary processing has been completed. Only the third processing remains.

---

Currently, we are not in a situation where we can do a lot of work at once. WE recently visited the factory a lot of time to check the secondary work. What we haven't done yet, we will be able to deal with it soon.