Author Topic: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread  (Read 427465 times)

Offline genkidama

Re: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread
« Reply #1050 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 17:13:24 »
Wow this looks amazing Booper! That octopus is gorgeous  :eek:

So I was thinking of getting another pen and am eyeing with a TWSBI Eco. TWSBI are using western nibs right? Meaning due to liking the Pilot Metropolitan with a fine nib I would need to get an EF nib with the Eco right?
Anybody got one and can tell me if it's scratchy, still smooth while writing or general thoughts? Would be my first TWSBI pen.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1051 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 17:42:49 »
Yeah you'll want an EF I think. Even though twsbi is Taiwanese their nibs are bock so German and follow the European thicknesses. You'll want to double check that. Anything under medium makes me sad and EF makes me cringe so idk how that feels. But I love the broad nib on my 580.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1052 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 18:58:30 »
Yeah you'll want an EF I think. Even though twsbi is Taiwanese their nibs are bock so German and follow the European thicknesses. You'll want to double check that. Anything under medium makes me sad and EF makes me cringe so idk how that feels. But I love the broad nib on my 580.

Well just because they use Bock as a manufacturer does not mean that they use German spec.
Bock uses whatever spec is requested of them as Bock nibs can vary greatly across different companies/pens.
That being said, TWSBI nibs are very much "true" to their sizes. A fine will perform the same as an average fine. (i.e. European fine)

TWSBI does have some issues with ink flow and being dry, however with an EF nib you won't see any issues. The polishing is also done well.
I don't own a TWSBI myself so I cannot be certain of anything, however this is what I have heard and read.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1053 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:00:29 »

New ink! J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor

Show Image

The shimmer is awesome, but I really love how the same color ink looks red or blue depending on how thick it goes down! It's a lot of fun to draw/stipple with.
Show Image

TIL Booper is a goddess in yet another two ways (drawing and calligraphy).

Yall. The women of GH are crazy cool. 🏻
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1054 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 20:05:19 »
Also I'm sad. My celluloid Stipula had some issues with cracking around the feed. So I sent it to my go-to shop in Rome because I know them and they can deal with the factory in Florence for me.

Well the freaking factory charged me 50 euros for the repair that is a known issue with the Etruria. So now I gotta pay that, in addition to the customs fees, shipping, etc. all told is almost $110 (97 euros). 
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Larken

« Reply #1055 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:43:07 »
Wow this looks amazing Booper! That octopus is gorgeous  :eek:

So I was thinking of getting another pen and am eyeing with a TWSBI Eco. TWSBI are using western nibs right? Meaning due to liking the Pilot Metropolitan with a fine nib I would need to get an EF nib with the Eco right?
Anybody got one and can tell me if it's scratchy, still smooth while writing or general thoughts? Would be my first TWSBI pen.

Afaik, they stopped using Bock after a few initial batches of the 580. The nibs used by TWSBI now are made by Jowo, which by most reports seem to have more consistency out of the box.

For a reference on tipping size, you can refer to: http://www.nibs.com/TippingSizespage.htm

That said, the Jowo nib is going to have more feedback than the Pilot out of the box. It's not so much the fault of Jowo, whose nibs are smooth and nice; Pilot nibs tend to be polished (some say over-polished and almost gives a deadened-feel) to a near-mirror finish at the factory. Nothing you can't fix with some tuning knowledge on your own end.

However, my initial experience with the TWSBI wasn't that great due to being a lefty overwriter; that usually needs additional tuning to be done.

Also I'm sad. My celluloid Stipula had some issues with cracking around the feed. So I sent it to my go-to shop in Rome because I know them and they can deal with the factory in Florence for me.

Well the freaking factory charged me 50 euros for the repair that is a known issue with the Etruria. So now I gotta pay that, in addition to the customs fees, shipping, etc. all told is almost $110 (97 euros). 

Wow, that repair cost  :eek:.That is terrible service, especially if its a common problem with the pen.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline genkidama

« Reply #1056 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 14:14:33 »
Yeah, I've heard so much about TWSBI being a good and smooth pen for daily use. I wanted to try it out, TWSBI has a good value for money as I've heard and the Eco pen seems reasonable for me.
Then I'll try the EF nib and if the feedback is too much I'll try to polish or rather tune it in some way.

I hope I'll get an other experience with TWSBI as you Larken, I'm still an overwriter. With the Pilot I got I felt the feedback, after some time and getting used to the pen I didn't notice that much of a feedback while writing than in the beginning.

Just need to find a good shop ^^ or ask my cousin to buy me one and bring it to me while visiting :)

Wow that's crazy man, I feel you! I would've thought the cost would be much less as this is a common problem.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline SL89

« Reply #1057 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 14:36:05 »
After a couple days away, I am looking forward to getting into the 2nd (main) package...

But the entire time I was away I've been using a Noodler's Charlie (eyedropper) filled with Nikita Red. It has been divine from the get go, no setup, no tweaking needed. It just worked. I understand this to be rare amongst Noodler's pens, but it has been very nice. I did notice however that Nikita is a lil prone to feathering on less then quality paper.

What paper's do you all use, right now i have generic copier paper and a Moleskin journal. I'm looking into nice Rhodia paper as well as a Midori or Hobonichi Techo.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 14:40:44 »
Twsbi pens are also known to crack however you can disassemble them yourself as they are designed that way and the company will send you replacement parts in those situations.
The 580al pens have aluminum in them which should provide extra strength and prevent some cracking.

On another note, pilot pens will have some degree of feedback. They aren't quite as polished and are a bit finer than other nibs. However with some use the nib will Polish itself and have less feedback. Probably why you thought you got used to the feedback.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1059 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 20:20:31 »
I thought they addressed the cracking issues and moved from multi part plastic bodies to monopiece ones?

Offline Larken

« Reply #1060 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 22:45:24 »
After a couple days away, I am looking forward to getting into the 2nd (main) package...

But the entire time I was away I've been using a Noodler's Charlie (eyedropper) filled with Nikita Red. It has been divine from the get go, no setup, no tweaking needed. It just worked. I understand this to be rare amongst Noodler's pens, but it has been very nice. I did notice however that Nikita is a lil prone to feathering on less then quality paper.

What paper's do you all use, right now i have generic copier paper and a Moleskin journal. I'm looking into nice Rhodia paper as well as a Midori or Hobonichi Techo.

Clairefontaine, Kokuyo (two main types, the ones made in China aren't good for fps). Rhodia, Tomoe River are good as well, but pretty pricey.

Most of my wetter pens on moleskin and copier paper tends to get a lot more than a little feathering.

My TWSBI is an 580AL. From what I can see, the parts that are made of aluminium aren't the parts that usually crack, so apart from having a slightly more robust piston mechanism, the same chance of cracks in the pen is still there. Its not so much an issue with the material, rather than the design itself; the mating parts of the pen parts are too thin, even made out of durable plastic.

My AL had to have its barrel replaced once so far.

I thought they addressed the cracking issues and moved from multi part plastic bodies to monopiece ones?

Cracking issues were never actually addressed, they just sent replacement parts whenever a pen bit the dust. That said, you're not wrong about the move to a monopiece plastic for the ECO, but Iimagine its more due to cheaper costs for manufacturing. However, it should hold up better since there's less points of weaknesses in the design. But it's probably too early to tell if the ECO pen will have lasting durability compared to the other more time tested pens.

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline SL89

« Reply #1061 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 06:48:38 »
Clairefontaine, Kokuyo (two main types, the ones made in China aren't good for fps). Rhodia, Tomoe River are good as well, but pretty pricey.

Thanks I'll check out those other brands.

Most of my wetter pens on moleskin and copier paper tends to get a lot more than a little feathering.

Afaik, the feathering seems mostly to be the copier paper, and less so on the moleskin.

My TWSBI is an 580AL. From what I can see, the parts that are made of aluminium aren't the parts that usually crack, so apart from having a slightly more robust piston mechanism, the same chance of cracks in the pen is still there. Its not so much an issue with the material, rather than the design itself; the mating parts of the pen parts are too thin, even made out of durable plastic.

Ah I understand, I must have misunderstood an explanation of the AL before. Twsbi question: What nib do you use? Afaik they tend to run a bit wider then most. The ECO is loaded up today, so I'm interested in seeing what comes of it.

My AL had to have its barrel replaced once so far.

Cracking issues were never actually addressed, they just sent replacement parts whenever a pen bit the dust. That said, you're not wrong about the move to a monopiece plastic for the ECO, but Iimagine its more due to cheaper costs for manufacturing. However, it should hold up better since there's less points of weaknesses in the design. But it's probably too early to tell if the ECO pen will have lasting durability compared to the other more time tested pens.

Time will tell, and hopefully its a change for the better.

Offline Larken

« Reply #1062 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 07:27:00 »

Ah I understand, I must have misunderstood an explanation of the AL before. Twsbi question: What nib do you use? Afaik they tend to run a bit wider then most. The ECO is loaded up today, so I'm interested in seeing what comes of it.

I have several nibs units I got to mess around with. The one that tends to stay on the pen nowadays is a Masuyama ground needlepoint from Franklin-Christoph (also made by JoWo); its around the same as an Japanese extra-fine, or thereabouts.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1063 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 14:06:38 »
I just received my Olive Ripple Desk pen with its Ideal #7 Red nib.

I really like what I can do with this pen. So much fun!

EDIT: I have failed to spell Waterman....

Offline SL89

« Reply #1064 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 14:25:15 »
Very nice, what is it inked with?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1065 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 14:31:14 »
Very nice, what is it inked with?

I used some vintage Parker Quink. Forgot the date on it though.
The ink sac is non operational so I have to use this as a dip pen but it can write a solid paragraph on a single dip.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1066 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 14:55:41 »
Cool, your handwriting is very nice btw. I've never been able to do flourishes properly.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #1067 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 15:44:05 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1068 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 22:07:47 »
So, how is the TWSBI Eco? 

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1069 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 02:54:26 »

Pleasant as fk.  All of the comforts of TWSBI in a neat modern design.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1070 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 03:08:48 »

Pleasant as fk.  All of the comforts of TWSBI in a neat modern design.

Sounds like I need to get myself one then.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1071 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 03:17:08 »
All this neat writing.  Mine is, and has always been, quite horrendous.

However I'm finding that the fountain pens that I bought recently work very well.  Very well indeed!

+1 would buy again, except I don't write that much these days so one ink cartridge is lasting me for months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SL89

« Reply #1072 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 15:30:13 »
@Delirious is that how you usually write? Even if its not, good form!

@nubbinator, I really like my Eco thus far, I got a Medium and it feels kinda broad. Maybe ill opt for a fine / extra fine next time. But its lovely just the way it is.

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #1073 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 19:46:31 »
I am so glad this thread was pointed out to me in the "What did you get in the mail today?" thread!

I only very recently have gotten into journaling and fountain pens. And by very recently... I mean about a week... Here's what I've acquired so far...

Pilot Metropolitan with a medium nib
Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink
Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji ink
Rhodia dotted Webnotebook
Clairefontaine stationery

In addition to that.. I'm still waiting on some packages:
Pilot Kakuno with a fine nib (I got this because it's pink and white.. and I'm a sucker for pink haha)
Diamine Asa Blue ink
Diamine Marine ink
Leuchtturm ruled pink book to match the Oberon large leather journal cover I bought

It's safe to say I am now poor haha. But excited to start having some penpals and exchanging letters to work on my penmanship :D I haven't handwritten anything in what feels like years.. My handwriting used to be really neat, but now it's far from it. So between journaling and exchanging letters, hope to improve it :)

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1074 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 19:51:29 »
next pen, get a twsbi. awesome pen.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1075 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 19:51:49 »

stop
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1076 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 19:52:09 »

stop

not until u buy it you canadian ****
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1077 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 20:56:07 »
It's safe to say I am now poor haha. But excited to start having some penpals and exchanging letters to work on my penmanship :D I haven't handwritten anything in what feels like years.. My handwriting used to be really neat, but now it's far from it. So between journaling and exchanging letters, hope to improve it :)

I'd be up for a penpal. I've been struggling to get more use out of my fountain pens lately. I can't even use them at work because we aren't allowed to bring any pens inside the cleanroom except for a Bic Clic Stic (yuk!).  :(
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline SL89

« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 07:51:22 »
I'd be down, I am very rusty myself. So much time on keyboards. My cursive is almost not existent, but my print seems to have improved somehow.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1079 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 15:12:32 »
I just bought an old style OMAS 360 demonstrator. So beautiful.

The downside is that I want some nib work done by Mike Masuyama who has a 14 week waiting period.
This pen will probably end up being my note taking pen for classes since I can easily see the ink level and it's apparently super snug in the hand.

EDIT: Image link doesn't work anymore. I'll get images up once I get the pen. You know, after 14 weeks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2015, 13:57:06 by FrostyToast »

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 15:55:26 »
I just bought an old style OMAS 360 demonstrator. So beautiful.

An image from the seller:
Show Image

The downside is that I want some nib work done by Mike Masuyama who has a 14 week waiting period.
This pen will probably end up being my note taking pen for classes since I can easily see the ink level and it's apparently super snug in the hand.

:thumb: that's a smart lookin pen

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline SL89

« Reply #1081 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 08:50:38 »
@FrostyToast that looks great, demonstrators are the way to go. I love eye dropper demo pens myself.

Why is the wait so long for that guy? Nib work is a totally new concept for me.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1082 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 11:47:45 »
@FrostyToast that looks great, demonstrators are the way to go. I love eye dropper demo pens myself.

Why is the wait so long for that guy? Nib work is a totally new concept for me.

Mike and pretty much every well-known nibmeister out there have a long queue of pens waiting for them. The best way to have your nib tuned in a timely manner is to go to a pen show.

Nib adjustment/customization is fairly popular. You can go from simple things like tine alignment to highly specialized tasks like retipping a nib.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1083 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 07:40:50 »
Ah thanks for the explanation. That whole scene is very intimidating to me.

I am keen on trying a Music nib (specifically the Noodler's Neponset) and before the Neponset the Music nibs all seemed to be custom.

I am bummed out I missed the Commonwealth Pen Show too, maybe next year.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1084 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 07:54:06 »
My collection now.. don't judge me..

Whoever originally pointed out to me that you could buy samples of inks instead of just full bottles... thanks a lot :'( Half of the inks I have are all different kinds of pink.

And now all my birthday money is officially gone.. but so worth it.

Offline iri

« Reply #1085 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 07:55:55 »
It's safe to say I am now poor haha.
you are not poor if you still have your kidneys. sell one, buy a Montegrappa!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SL89

« Reply #1086 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:03:55 »
Damn, Syribo, you go HARD.

What are the two diamine bottles? And what is in the Noodlers bottle?

Are you subscribed to ink drop from goulet? Cause thats a lot of samples.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1087 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:10:36 »
Damn, Syribo, you go HARD.

What are the two diamine bottles? And what is in the Noodlers bottle?

Are you subscribed to ink drop from goulet? Cause thats a lot of samples.
What I usually do with birthday or holiday money, is that I save it until I find a new hobby or thing that interests me and then end up going with it :D It usually works out haha and makes me happy.

The Diamine bottles are Asa Blue and Marine. Noodler's is just Bulletproof black for addressing envelopes and stuff :)

I'm not subscribed to the ink drop.. but I should do that. I just bought a ton of different ones to try. I've been on the hunt for my favorite pink, so a ton of the samples I have are pink haha. I think so far the Montblanc Pink is my favorite one.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 08:15:09 »
I feel you, I did the same thing myself from a belated gift.

Diamine just seemed so plain before, but since I got Sherwood Green I've been more open to them. Would you recommend either blue? I'm pretty scared of BSB killing all my demo pens.

Ink Drop seems like a nice way to find new and unexpected things, I've contemplated it as a way to step out of my comfort zone.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1089 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:08:53 »
I feel you, I did the same thing myself from a belated gift.

Diamine just seemed so plain before, but since I got Sherwood Green I've been more open to them. Would you recommend either blue? I'm pretty scared of BSB killing all my demo pens.

Ink Drop seems like a nice way to find new and unexpected things, I've contemplated it as a way to step out of my comfort zone.

Keep super permanent inks in things eye-dropper converted Platinum Preppies.  BSB should be alright in most pens, but after seeing what happened when I let iron gall sit in a Ahab too long it's easy for me to keep the tough stuff out of my expensive pens.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1090 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 09:26:35 »
I have it in the free Pen i got from Noodler's, tho I may get a blue bodied acrylic or ebonite pen to keep it in as well. (Maybe the Neponset, I was talking about or something that is less of an investment) BSB has been dry and fairly tricky for me, so I'm trying to play with different dilutions.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1091 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 14:22:07 »
It's safe to say I am now poor haha.
you are not poor if you still have your kidneys. sell one, buy a Montegrappa!
Alternatively you could get an entry level Montblanc.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #1092 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:47:16 »
Hehe

Just came back from a Pelikan hub meet with a lot of ink!

They sent a lot considering not many showed up but it happens.

Ended up with a bottle of Mandarin, Jade and Topaz in the edelstein line and 5 cases of Amethyst cartridges...

As well as a notebook and several pen cases

Fun testing out different fountain pens and inks.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1093 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:51:43 »
My collection now.. don't judge me..
Show Image

Whoever originally pointed out to me that you could buy samples of inks instead of just full bottles... thanks a lot :'( Half of the inks I have are all different kinds of pink.

And now all my birthday money is officially gone.. but so worth it.

piiiiiiink!
I love Elzy

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #1094 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 20:04:13 »
I am so glad this thread was pointed out to me in the "What did you get in the mail today?" thread!

I only very recently have gotten into journaling and fountain pens. And by very recently... I mean about a week... Here's what I've acquired so far...
Show Image

Pilot Metropolitan with a medium nib
Pilot Iroshizuku Take-Sumi ink
Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji ink
Rhodia dotted Webnotebook
Clairefontaine stationery

In addition to that.. I'm still waiting on some packages:
Pilot Kakuno with a fine nib (I got this because it's pink and white.. and I'm a sucker for pink haha)
Diamine Asa Blue ink
Diamine Marine ink
Leuchtturm ruled pink book to match the Oberon large leather journal cover I bought
Show Image

Penpals are so fun.

I have a few. It sucks because I haven't had the time to write all my letters...

Offline SL89

« Reply #1095 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 08:10:18 »
Hehe

Just came back from a Pelikan hub meet with a lot of ink!

They sent a lot considering not many showed up but it happens.

Ended up with a bottle of Mandarin, Jade and Topaz in the edelstein line and 5 cases of Amethyst cartridges...

As well as a notebook and several pen cases

Fun testing out different fountain pens and inks.

That is quite the haul. what is a hub meet?

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1096 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 08:54:32 »
I need to write out a whole bunch of letters still, and then I totally would love to see who else wants to write letters too :D I bought enough ink that I could write out 500,000 letters and still have some left over probably haha. I also got some pink waterproof ink for addressing them, of course.

So it's been SO long since I've had a penpal or written letters... what do you write about!? Just anything? For the ones I met on here, at least we have a bunch of interests in common to write about haha. But aside from that, just normal stuff? Random thoughts? Things about yourself? I haven't written a letter since I was in school.

Then again, it's probably not much different than writing messages and emails to people.. just handwritten!

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1097 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:11:00 »
I need to write out a whole bunch of letters still, and then I totally would love to see who else wants to write letters too :D I bought enough ink that I could write out 500,000 letters and still have some left over probably haha. I also got some pink waterproof ink for addressing them, of course.

So it's been SO long since I've had a penpal or written letters... what do you write about!? Just anything? For the ones I met on here, at least we have a bunch of interests in common to write about haha. But aside from that, just normal stuff? Random thoughts? Things about yourself? I haven't written a letter since I was in school.

Then again, it's probably not much different than writing messages and emails to people.. just handwritten!

If you have a foreign penpal, you can start by figuring out cultural differences, those little differences that only a person living there can tell you.

I have to write a letter to mine, as a matter of fact. I'm procrastinating this answer for more time than I'd like. :(

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1098 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:32:46 »

If you have a foreign penpal, you can start by figuring out cultural differences, those little differences that only a person living there can tell you.

I have to write a letter to mine, as a matter of fact. I'm procrastinating this answer for more time than I'd like. :(

All of mine live here in the USA too haha.. but I actually would love a foreign penpal too ohhh. That would be pretty fun.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #1099 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 10:56:42 »

All of mine live here in the USA too haha.. but I actually would love a foreign penpal too ohhh. That would be pretty fun.

Pm me! I'll be your first foreign penpal =P

From the great land of Canadia