Author Topic: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread  (Read 427450 times)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Re: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread
« Reply #1200 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 11:56:49 »
Does anyone here use ink rollerballs?

Or high end gel refills?

I was recently told that high end gel refills can compete with fountain pens. Is this true?

I have the rollerball version of the Lamy Safari, use it mostly for post-it notes. I like it.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1201 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:06:54 »
Does anyone here use ink rollerballs?

Or high end gel refills?

I was recently told that high end gel refills can compete with fountain pens. Is this true?

Some of the gel ones are probably close.

I use piston fill rollerball pens. I quite like it. The only thing is that it is very wet writing to start sometimes. But that is usually avoidable.

Offline iri

« Reply #1202 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:10:29 »
I have the rollerball version of the Lamy Safari, use it mostly for post-it notes. I like it.
i mean, rollerballs refillable with fountain pen ink.

Some of the gel ones are probably close.
cool, which ones?

I use piston fill rollerball pens
cool, which ones?

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SL89

« Reply #1203 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 12:41:44 »
Lol sorry. Im on mobile.

For the rollerball pens I have 2 of the Noodlers Ink Creaper Piston Fill rollerball pens and one Platinum Preppy eyedropper.

Im in the process of figuring out which inks work best. It seems like thicker inks do as the thinner ones leak behind the piston and out of the rollerball mechanism.

Regarding gel pens, consider me +1 for the Hi Tec, and I have a slew of Pilot and Zebra gel pens. But I'm not sure which models. Tho I can look it up when I am in at the office tomorrow.

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #1204 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 13:22:15 »
You guys are killing me with your nice pens haha. My most recent pen is just a Lamy Vista with a 1.1 stub nib. Can't wait for the day I can justify splurging on a nice pen :)

I wanna know... when you guys write letters to friends and stuff, what do you write about? Just anything? For sending letters to others on here, that's easy, we all have a bunch of things in common already. But other people.. I don't even know lol. I guess just talk about life? Where you live, what you like to do, where you'd like to go, etc?

I also registered with an organization that assigns you soldiers to write letters to who are deployed. It makes me sad when I think about being deployed over there.. and not getting any mail from anyone. I asked my Dad if he would have liked that (He was in the Marines in Vietnam), and he actually received some letters over there from people like me, and he enjoyed it. So definitely going to do it :) Maybe even eventually send out care packages too with random things and baked goods and stuff.

I have a whole bunch of letters to send out.. and some ink samples, as soon as USPS drops off the padded envelopes I ordered.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1205 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 13:25:39 »
I just snagged a bid for a Visconti Opera Club Cherry Juice.
130 euros. Sure it's a cartridge converter pen but God damn I would take that deal any day of the week  ;D
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1206 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 13:27:30 »
I wanna know... when you guys write letters to friends and stuff, what do you write about? Just anything? For sending letters to others on here, that's easy, we all have a bunch of things in common already. But other people.. I don't even know lol. I guess just talk about life? Where you live, what you like to do, where you'd like to go, etc?

The usual bull**** I spout: Music, food, fashion, nerd stuff like keyboards.

You guys are killing me with your nice pens haha.

I'm pretty sure there's an active LI and NYC fountain pen community. I'm fortunate enough to have the means to buy some nice pens but where I've done most of my pen testing is at my local fountain pen club and fountain pen shows. LI has a show. I forget when during the year it is or where it is but that's something to look into.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1207 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:20:39 »
There's a Massdrop for 2 packs of 7 fountain pens of different colours.  Disposable pens, but I'm ok with that.  The price is also within my budget (sort of), and a cheap way of getting a few different colour inks.

I'm still using my first two fountain pens, also disposable Pilots, although the one I use at work is getting low on ink.

Question 1: How long does a new unused fountain pen remain perfectly servicable?  Like if I buy these ones, I might not use some of them for 6 months or more.  Will they still be good at that time?

Question 2: Some of the colours I would not use often.  After use, assuming they were stored horizontally with the cap on, how long would they remain servicable?

Edit: The drop ended and I missed it, but the questions still stand in case it comes back again.

Should work just like a ballpoint in terms of storage. I leave one of those sitting at my desk and don't use it for months. Works like a charm every time. Doesn't matter what the orientation is. I've stored them both ways.

I was hoping to hear something like that, although I've had ballpoint pens that have leaked in storage, ink completely dried up, ball fallen out when I've been scribbling to try to get them to work (and they almost always need a lot of scribbling to work).

I guess my main concern was ink drying in the nib, especially for disposables, where the nibs are generally not removable (without extra effort).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1208 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:22:28 »
I haven't had any issue with the ink drying out. Even if it did (which I doubt), you can run the nib under the faucet to get it started again.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1209 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:32:25 »
Are those the Varsity pens? Those are pretty nice and won't dry out. I have a 4 pack on my desk at work and the people in IT with me love them. Idk why but esp the purple inked one.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1210 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:35:06 »

The usual bull**** I spout: Music, food, fashion, nerd stuff like keyboards.

You guys are killing me with your nice pens haha.

I'm pretty sure there's an active LI and NYC fountain pen community. I'm fortunate enough to have the means to buy some nice pens but where I've done most of my pen testing is at my local fountain pen club and fountain pen shows. LI has a show. I forget when during the year it is or where it is but that's something to look into.
I remember you mentioning the show here before :) Definitely gonna look into that. I still have the Emerald of Chivor sample for ya, waiting on the padded envelopes to get here already so I can send it and the letter too :D

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1211 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:41:45 »
Welp, found yet another pen I'm in love with...
http://www.penboutique.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=13650&SEName=sailor-millecolor-pinkgold-ip-fountain-pen&gclid=CKykktiOscgCFcMXHwodjB8EYw

This.. is.. so.. nice. Okay. I REALLY need to stop looking at pens now lol

Edit: Crap, and then I find THIS http://www.sanrio.com/product/hello-kitty-40th-anniversary-fountain-pen/

...Hello Kitty Anniversary fountain pen by Sailor.. Japan, y u do dis?
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:47:50 by Syribo »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:52:45 »
Are those the Varsity pens? Those are pretty nice and won't dry out. I have a 4 pack on my desk at work and the people in IT with me love them. Idk why but esp the purple inked one.

Yes

I've been eyeing that for ages ugh.

I remember you mentioning the show here before :) Definitely gonna look into that. I still have the Emerald of Chivor sample for ya, waiting on the padded envelopes to get here already so I can send it and the letter too :D

Thanks!

Offline SL89

« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:53:40 »
Do it Syribo, your uber pink collection seems very unique.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1214 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:32:55 »

Yes

I've been eyeing that for ages ugh.

Thanks!

Hey it looks like it's on sale at least haha.. but still almost $400 ugh... Damn it Japan.

Do it Syribo, your uber pink collection seems very unique.
Bahaha I wish! It will be a while before I can justify spending hundreds on a pen :) But you can bet that my first mid/high tier pen will be pink :) I'm laying here with my pink Hello Kitty throw blanket with a set of Hello Kitty pajamas lol

My cat likes it too, don't mind her ***** face, that's just her normal face. She's a little ****.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1215 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 16:21:40 »
Kitteh!
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1216 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 18:06:30 »
Syribo, another pink pen for you: Pilot Vanishing Point 2011 Limited Edition.

113129-0

113131-1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1217 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:57:24 »
I haven't had any issue with the ink drying out. Even if it did (which I doubt), you can run the nib under the faucet to get it started again.

That's fantastic, thanks!  Fountain pens are great :)

Yes, they are Varsity.  2 x 7 pack, lots of different colours that are nice to have but which I wouldn't use often.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 19:57:12 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1219 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:02:58 »
fuuuuu
I love Elzy

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1220 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:05:25 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sweet. Is that a limited edition MB ink?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1221 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:10:43 »
I'm not exactly sure. I thought I heard it was limited edition but they're in stock in a bunch of retailers online and they had plenty in stock at Fountain Pen Hospital in NYC.

Like every other MB ink I've tried, it's really well behaved and just a bit wet. I really like MB inks and I think they're not a bad price.

Offline iri

« Reply #1222 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 20:17:46 »
I really like inks being just a bit wet.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 21:42:26 »
CPTBadAss I actually did try the Montblanc pink! I got a sample of it from Anderon, it's freaking beautiful.. and now I want a full bottle haha. The only pinks I have in a full bottle so far is Diamine Hope Pink, and my favorite.. the J. Herbin Rose Tendresse. I still have to do a writing sample of that one for this thread. I'm working on getting letters done tonight, and getting samples all ready to go, so I'll do that too! I think I have about 20 pink ink samples.... A little overboard on the pink lol.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1224 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 23:04:57 »
God I hate my Noodler's Ahab so much. I really like having a flex nib, they're so fun to write with but this thing just sucks so bad lol. It leaks, it railroads constantly, it randomly won't write at all. I've looked up tips on tuning it to help, but nothing helps.. bleah. I really want a flex nib but man this thing bites. I need to look into more options that also don't break the bank.

I REALLY love the 1.1mm stub nib I put on my Lamy Vista though, holy crap that thing is nice. I kinda wanna try even a 1.5mm because they really are fun to write with!

Anyone have a flex nib they like? Or anyone else have an Ahab?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1225 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 23:41:08 »
So, finally decided to splurge and have the TWSBI Eco in the mail with a fine nib.  I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1226 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 00:22:03 »
God I hate my Noodler's Ahab so much. I really like having a flex nib, they're so fun to write with but this thing just sucks so bad lol. It leaks, it railroads constantly, it randomly won't write at all. I've looked up tips on tuning it to help, but nothing helps.. bleah. I really want a flex nib but man this thing bites. I need to look into more options that also don't break the bank.

I REALLY love the 1.1mm stub nib I put on my Lamy Vista though, holy crap that thing is nice. I kinda wanna try even a 1.5mm because they really are fun to write with!

I use an ahab often.  If you want I can send you it.   I can get pretty awesome flex out of it.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Larken

« Reply #1227 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 00:41:26 »

Noodler's flex pens require an inordinate amount of modding and tweaking to make them work well; it can be done, but its not easy for someone new to them.

When it comes to flex, vintage is where its at. However, these are a huge pain to use due to their sac filling systems; they're alright if you're keeping one ink inside all the time, but a real chore to flush out. They're also usually about 80 - 100 usd minimum thereabouts for a user-grade pen.

Modern flex pens all have their own issues (and are semi-flex at best), and they're usually priced at a higher range. Most will not work well for the large, flowing western scripts without modification (even if it can be done). But if you're simply looking for some line variation in your normal handwriting, a pilot soft fine might be a possible choice.

Imo, try fitting together a frankenpen. Many have had success fitting a Zebra Titanium G nib into Jinhao x750s. A pack of 10 nibs with the x750 should run you for under 30 bucks; with the caveat that the nibs have to be replaced every few months if you're a frequent user.
see link  http://www.parkablogs.com/content/how-use-zebra-g-nib-fountain-pen
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1228 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 04:45:57 »
So, finally decided to splurge and have the TWSBI Eco in the mail with a fine nib.  I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Is the Eco nib the same as the 580 one?

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1229 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 05:11:50 »

I have an Ahab but I have modded the nib by removing some material to make it easier to flex and it writes much better now. It requires significantly less pressure to flex than a stock Ahab nib. It occasionally has some hard starts and skips but priming the feed with the plunger usually gets it going again.

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1230 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 10:00:16 »

I have an Ahab. And 3 ebonite Konrads. Love them, but as someone else said, you have to tune the pens before they perform well. And on all these pens I use stub nibs: 0.6mm and 0.8mm from Nemosine, 1.1mm and 1.9mm from Knox and 1.5mm from Goulet. (Yes, there are more nibs than pens here.)

For flex writing (which I suck), I use a Desiderata Daedalus pen. It is hand-made and crafted around Zebra G dip nibs. I have paid $50 on it, when the pre-order for the first batch was opened. Now they cost $65 and you have to sign Desiderata newsletter to know when a new batch is for sale, because they sell fast.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1231 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 11:44:50 »

I've not found a modern flex pen I like. All hail vintage flex. I've got a Warranted vintage flex that goes from Fine to Broad and a Warranted music flex nib.

Offline SL89

« Reply #1232 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 12:07:27 »
Maybe because I hardly use script, but I'm not a fan of flex.

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #1233 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 12:56:43 »

I've not found a modern flex pen I like. All hail vintage flex. I've got a Warranted vintage flex that goes from Fine to Broad and a Warranted music flex nib.
German fine to German broad, or Japanese fine to Japanese broad?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1234 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 13:18:52 »
Believe the warranted nibs I have were made in the USA.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1235 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 18:10:51 »

No clue.

Offline Larken

« Reply #1236 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 23:13:32 »

Same Jowo nib.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline iri

« Reply #1237 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 12:01:41 »
A while ago I bought a Russia-made pen holder and a bunch of nibs. Didn't like them so handed them over to a colleague (who can draw) together with Diamine Chocolate Brown.

This is the result.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1238 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 16:44:51 »
^ Fantastic pics! :)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1239 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 19:00:56 »
Wow! So cool! Thanks for sharing

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1240 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 11:32:36 »
A while ago I bought a Russia-made pen holder and a bunch of nibs. Didn't like them so handed them over to a colleague (who can draw) together with Diamine Chocolate Brown.

This is the result.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very very nice!  <3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1241 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 11:33:33 »
That ladybug and the little birdy at the end are great :D

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1242 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 12:04:03 »
hey guys...............long time no hear.

binge don't give up on me as your pen is still in the box.

howz the music pelikan these days anson?

iri............loving that turtle :thumb:

being a University of Maryland guy................."hail the turtle" (hence my name terrpn :cool:)

my low visibility these days is due to my disability  I got while on Active Duty, fairly low key these days :-\

do miss hanging and chatting with you guys (including binge and cptBadAss)
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1243 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 15:08:01 »

being a University of Maryland guy................."hail the turtle" (hence my name terrpn :cool:)

Show Image

my low visibility these days is due to my disability  I got while on Active Duty, fairly low key these days :-\

Much love terrpn.  Keep on kickin ass!

Offline iri

« Reply #1244 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 16:05:42 »
ok, i bought six different gel refills for test. ceramic and not, pressurized and not.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1245 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 16:10:48 »

This is the result.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whoa, they are insanely talented!! I would totally even frame some of those on my wall.. especially that bird one (I have a slight bird obsession.. anything bird related). Wow I wish I could do stuff like that.. beautiful.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1246 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 01:20:13 »

Show Image

TERRPN IS BACK!!! Welcome back good sir!

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #1247 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:11:58 »

Show Image

hey my brother................ :-\

i don't know if i am back, but am doing better these dayz :thumb:

still luv'n yer caps!!
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1248 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 20:39:32 »

Glad you're around again terrpn :D. The Pelikan is well loved.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1249 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 23:31:13 »

Show Image

hey my brother................ :-\

i don't know if i am back, but am doing better these dayz :thumb:

still luv'n yer caps!!

Well no matter what it's good to hear from you. Hope everything is on the up and up these days.