Author Topic: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread  (Read 427461 times)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread
« Reply #1550 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 17:21:15 »
Glad to see there are some other folks who still enjoy hard written letters as well! Heres my slowly growing pen collection:

Left to right: Platinum Preppy highlighter eyedropper, Pen i made when i was a kid, Visconti HomeSapiens Bronze (F), Sheaffer NoNonsense(F-Italic), MonteVerde Intima (1.1), Delta Serena (F), Cross Townsend (M), Pilot Metro (F). Up top is a Lamy Joy Caligraphy 1.5
-Dana

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1551 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 05:58:01 »
One of these things is not like the others rofl. Nice little collection!
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1552 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 20:52:05 »
One of these things is not like the others rofl. Nice little collection!

ha! i'm equal opportunity. They all get a significant amount of work except the Lamy Joy. That thing is stupid.
-Dana

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1553 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:41:11 »
Took some pictures of my pens today! Here are the better ones:

LamyPilot1 1_6_16 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr

Lamy 1_6_16 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1554 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:58:48 »
Part of my collection. I've added a few more since I took this photo.

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1555 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:22:00 »

Show Image

I spy with my little eye... a sailor realo.  Welcome brother.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1556 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:37:16 »

Show Image

It's one of my favorites, but lately it's been competing for use since I picked up a Custom 823. They're both beautiful!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1557 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:45:19 »

Show Image

What demonstrator is that second pen? It's beautiful with that ink.

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1558 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:46:49 »

Show Image

It's a Pilot Heritage 92 inked with Iroshizuku Yama Budo.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1559 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:49:29 »

Show Image

It's a Pilot Heritage 92 inked with Iroshizuku Yama Budo.

Just looked up some samples of that ink. It's just a pretty color. I'm looking for a demonstrator as my next pen and that ink might be the one I go to! The Pilot Heritage is a little out of my price range haha I'm glad I saw your combo though :D

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1560 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:55:23 »
Just looked up some samples of that ink. It's just a pretty color. I'm looking for a demonstrator as my next pen and that ink might be the one I go to! The Pilot Heritage is a little out of my price range haha I'm glad I saw your combo though :D

Not sure where you are located but the Heritage 92 can be ordered direct from Japan for about half of its going rate here in North America. I got mine from an Ebay seller in Japan for 130USD.

Yama Budo is one of my favorite inks. It has a gorgeous gold sheen with the right pen and paper.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1561 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 23:57:42 »

Not sure where you are located but the Heritage 92 can be ordered direct from Japan for about half of its going rate here in North America. I got mine from an Ebay seller in Japan for 130USD.

I'm in the US. I just bought a whole lot of camera equipment so 130USD is still out of my budget haha Also I want to try a stub for the first time. I'm probably gonna go with another Lamy as the nibs aren't terribly expensive.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1562 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 00:01:54 »

Show Image

It's one of my favorites, but lately it's been competing for use since I picked up a Custom 823. They're both beautiful!

Show Image

Here's my realo's nib,

and an 823?  You and I have good eyes eh?

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1563 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 00:27:03 »
Here's my realo's nib,

Show Image

Show Image

I don't have one of the specialty nibs for my Realo, just a standard M. I am curious about a couple of them though. That looks like a Cross Concord Emperor. How do you like yours?

It looks like your 823's nib is rhodium plated. Is that just a white balance trick or did you swap that in from another pen?

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1564 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 00:29:30 »
Here's my realo's nib,

Show Image

Show Image

I don't have one of the specialty nibs for my Realo, just a standard M. I am curious about a couple of them though. That looks like a Cross Concord Emperor. How do you like yours?

It looks like your 823's nib is rhodium plated. Is that just a white balance trick or did you swap that in from another pen?

My 823 is the yellow gold.  Was especially blue in the sky that day.  Daylight will do that.

As far as the CCE on my realo I love the variation.  It will always have a place in my collection because of it.  Incredible nib.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1565 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 10:59:46 »

I'm in the US. I just bought a whole lot of camera equipment so 130USD is still out of my budget haha Also I want to try a stub for the first time. I'm probably gonna go with another Lamy as the nibs aren't terribly expensive.

Another thing to consider might be to just pick up a stub nib and swap it onto a pen you already have. Most pens are either #5 or #6 nibs and those are readily available. For example, my Monteverde Intima came with a #6 Fine nib that was coated with black paint or something that has been flaking off and causing clogs. I swapped it out with a 1.1 stub nib in plain steel. Very easy, very cheap way of trying out a new nib size. You don't even need to use the same manufacturer - lots of people use FPR's nibs: http://www.fountainpenrevolution.com/nibs.html
-Dana

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1566 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 00:39:23 »
Got a new pen yesterday, a Lamy 2000 with a Broad nib. They aren't kidding when they say broad on this thing. It's also really wet.

Current pens and their inks:

My handwriting, it is awful.
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #1567 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:02:03 »
You all have some really nice collections! :)
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1568 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:31:31 »

As with most things, collect a pen here and a pen there and soon you will have an impressive collection too!

Mine consists of two Pilot V pens, 14 Pilot Varsitys, and 2 Pilot Metropolitans :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
« Reply #1569 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 09:01:31 »

Yama Budo is one of my favorite inks. It has a gorgeous gold sheen with the right pen and paper.

+1

The Heritage 92 can be picked up cheaper through eBay and such (what I plan on doing at some point).

Yama-Budo is gorgeous! I got a 15mL vial from my Secret Santa. I can honestly say, Yama-Budo was in my top 3 inks to buy, and after seeing it in person and writing with it, I will be buying a full bottle as soon as mine runs out. It is just such a pleasure to write with, and see on the page.

Seeing the Heritage 92 + Yama-Budo combo is awesome :D I've been hoping to make the Heritage 92 one of my next pen purchases for a while. I might add a TWSBI Eco with a stub nib here before August, and then pick up the Heritage 92 a bit later. I want to play around with a stub nib too.

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #1570 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:33:01 »

As with most things, collect a pen here and a pen there and soon you will have an impressive collection too!

Mine consists of two Pilot V pens, 14 Pilot Varsitys, and 2 Pilot Metropolitans :))

Reliable and quality sights to purchase pens/inks? I should mention I'm a fan of Pilot fountain pens.
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1571 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:00:39 »

Reliable and quality sights to purchase pens/inks? I should mention I'm a fan of Pilot fountain pens.

Most of mine have come from Massdrop.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #1572 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:04:11 »
I've got a Jinhao I really like but it has a medium nib, and I really like the fine/ultra fine tips. Do you recommend trying to find a new nib or just going with a different pen?

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #1573 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:33:08 »
I haven't posted in here in a while!! Been so crazy since the holidays, redoing my room, getting over a nice case of Pericarditis from stressing my crappy heart by doing all that redoing my room stuff.

Only new stuff I've gotten lately.. is a purple TWSBI 580AL, that is really really pretty. And my custom leather Traveler's Notebook from Etsy that came in from the Netherlands. It's my first TN, and I am using it as a monthly and weekly planner, notebook, sketchbook and as my wallet. Got a leather wallet insert from the same seller, and it's awesome :D

And look at the cute sticky notes from Asia that I got hahaha.. I couldn't resist, THEY'RE SO CUTE.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1574 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:39:56 »
I haven't posted in here in a while!! Been so crazy since the holidays, redoing my room, getting over a nice case of Pericarditis from stressing my crappy heart by doing all that redoing my room stuff.

Only new stuff I've gotten lately.. is a purple TWSBI 580AL, that is really really pretty. And my custom leather Traveler's Notebook from Etsy that came in from the Netherlands. It's my first TN, and I am using it as a monthly and weekly planner, notebook, sketchbook and as my wallet. Got a leather wallet insert from the same seller, and it's awesome :D

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

And look at the cute sticky notes from Asia that I got hahaha.. I couldn't resist, THEY'RE SO CUTE.
Show Image

How do you like the TWSBI? I'm thinking of picking one up soon.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1575 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 23:59:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The 580AL is awesome, all they had left was with a Medium nib.. and it's INSANELY smooth. It's absolutely perfect. I usually prefer stub nibs (I have a black TWSBI Eco with a 1.1mm stub already), but I really love my 580 a lot. It's just a beautiful pen :) The blue one is also gorgeous. Man.. if they made a pink one.. my life would be complete haha.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1576 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:00:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The 580AL is awesome, all they had left was with a Medium nib.. and it's INSANELY smooth. It's absolutely perfect. I usually prefer stub nibs (I have a black TWSBI Eco with a 1.1mm stub already), but I really love my 580 a lot. It's just a beautiful pen :) The blue one is also gorgeous. Man.. if they made a pink one.. my life would be complete haha.

I really wanna try a stub nib.. I only have a Lamy with medium and pilot with fine right now. I'm trying to hunt down a twisbi with the 1.1 haha

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:33:10 »
The purple one is pretty. I got the Blue 580AL.

I'm not Syribo, but I like it. It fits my hand perfectly and feels nice, and it's neat to watch the ink slosh around. I like the weight of it as well. You can't really post it because the cap would sit on the piston knob and you'd end up with ink everywhere if you did it wrong, but it's long enough and balanced nicely to where you really don't need to.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:00:22 »
I really wanna try a stub nib.. I only have a Lamy with medium and pilot with fine right now. I'm trying to hunt down a twisbi with the 1.1 haha

Just grab a $14 stub nib for your Lamy then? If you like it, then look for another pen.
http://www.gouletpens.com/lamy-replacement-steel-nib-silver-1.1mm-stub/p/LMY-LZ50-11
-Dana

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:18:58 »

Just grab a $14 stub nib for your Lamy then? If you like it, then look for another pen.
http://www.gouletpens.com/lamy-replacement-steel-nib-silver-1.1mm-stub/p/LMY-LZ50-11

I just bought this thank you for that! I also bought a TWSBI Eco with a medium nib, Diamine Asa Blue, and Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-Yake Sunset from Jet pens. I forgot all my ink back home and used that as an excuse to get more inks.......

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 23:26:04 »
Bought an OMAS 360 with a broad nib and sent it to Masuyama for a Cursive Italic treatment.
I also took the opportunity to try out Gothic script.

Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1581 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 00:15:06 »
This may be more suited question to a more dedicated fountain pen forum or something of that nature, but what brand or what kind of vintage pens should I be looking at if I'm wanting to try more of a vintage flex pen? And what kind of prices should I stick by, as to not get ripped off.  :))

I'm looking at the EF-F area and I'm really quite open to appearance.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1582 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 04:49:02 »
This may be more suited question to a more dedicated fountain pen forum or something of that nature, but what brand or what kind of vintage pens should I be looking at if I'm wanting to try more of a vintage flex pen? And what kind of prices should I stick by, as to not get ripped off.  :))

Yeah, that's a question that belongs on Fountain Pen Network. But I can say that the Mabie Todd Swan pen have some pretty flexy nib. (I'm trying to sell mine, flex writing isn't really my thing.)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1583 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 09:58:04 »

Yeah, that's a question that belongs on Fountain Pen Network. But I can say that the Mabie Todd Swan pen have some pretty flexy nib. (I'm trying to sell mine, flex writing isn't really my thing.)

yeah i was going to say something similar. I think everyone sees videos or photos of the flex writing experts laying down some freehand copperplate and wants a flex nib. Then after they realize the flex nib can be a royal pain in the rear to write with otherwise they give up on it. I'm always a fan of "pick up something cheap that works, and if you like it, spend the money on the fancy stuff". For that reason, i grabbed a Noodlers flex pen to try out and mess around with. If its the fancy lettering you're after, I highly recommend grabbing some dip pens. Thats where the artwork lettering comes from.
-Dana

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1584 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 10:14:49 »
If you want to start learning calligraphy then begin with Gothic script (aka Blackletter)
Stubs are cheap and easy to find. You don't even need a gold nib to use them; Steel is actually quite preferable for calligraphy since you need a stiff nib for sharp lines.

Calligraphy sets are the best to start with since the size of your lettering is dependent on the width of the stub.
I would recommend either the Pilot Parallel or Lamy Joy calligraphy pens since they can be filled with ink. Though if you want something affordable dip nibs are fine.
I'm fairly certain a dip stub nib with a resevoir can use fountain pen ink.

I wouldn't recommend buying a pricey flex pen without first trying what flex feels like.
(In all fairness, that's exactly what I did but don't blame me if you get upset that you can't master Copperplate in a day)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1585 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 10:39:48 »
I would recommend either the Pilot Parallel or Lamy Joy calligraphy pens since they can be filled with ink.

... i'll sell my Lamy Joy (picture in thread above) cheap to anyone who wants to try it. I dont use it.
-Dana

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1586 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 10:55:27 »
If you want to start learning calligraphy then begin with Gothic script (aka Blackletter)
Stubs are cheap and easy to find. You don't even need a gold nib to use them; Steel is actually quite preferable for calligraphy since you need a stiff nib for sharp lines.

Calligraphy sets are the best to start with since the size of your lettering is dependent on the width of the stub.
I would recommend either the Pilot Parallel or Lamy Joy calligraphy pens since they can be filled with ink. Though if you want something affordable dip nibs are fine.

I wouldn't recommend buying a pricey flex pen without first trying what flex feels like.
(In all fairness, that's exactly what I did but don't blame me if you get upset that you can't master Copperplate in a day)
I prefer Foundational hand, much easier to read. I also like Uncial hand: it's old but very easy to write/read.

Gothic and Blackletter (they are distinct hands, in fact) are pretty much unreadable. From what I read on my research, that was intentional on Blackletter.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1587 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 14:48:16 »

I prefer Foundational hand, much easier to read. I also like Uncial hand: it's old but very easy to write/read.

Gothic and Blackletter (they are distinct hands, in fact) are pretty much unreadable. From what I read on my research, that was intentional on Blackletter.

Gothic and Blackletter look so much more fun and are fun to write out.
Honestly I would get bored practicing Foundational and Uncial.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1588 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:04:33 »
Bought an OMAS 360 with a broad nib and sent it to Masuyama for a Cursive Italic treatment.

Show Image

That is beautiful.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1589 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:14:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

That is beautiful.

The quick brown fox says hi.

You can tell I just started learning. Don't look closely.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1590 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 16:17:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

That is beautiful.

Show Image

WHY ARE YOU SO LOUD

Offline Syribo

« Reply #1591 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 17:38:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

That is beautiful.

Show Image

I want to learn calligraphy SO bad.. but modern calligraphy. That really loopy girly looking calligraphy, like this:

Someday I need to get a calligraphy set to try out. I just don't know if I have the patience for it lol

Still working on finishing up redecorating my room. Until I finish, I can't settle myself down to even write in my journal. When I have stuff that I'm working on, I can't concentrate on doing anything else til it's done haha.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1592 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 19:08:43 »
The thing that drives me crazy with flexible nibs is angles. To not eventually **** up the tines you need to write at a hideously uncomfortable angle. Also most dip nibs are horrifically scratchy due to tiny untipped points.

I'm sure eventually someone's going to manage to come up with an eyedropper oblique fountain pen designed to take G/Brause Rose nibs.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1593 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 00:15:10 »

Taken during geology course today. I'm learning how to distinguish betweens pens and rocks. The one on the right is a new pen that came in like less then a week ago. It's a TSBI Eco Medium nib filled with my first iroshizuku ink, yu-yake. I like the pen so far except it seems to skip every so often and it gets worse depending on the angle that I'm writing. I have to write like perpendicular to the line of writing for it to work wellish. Anyway to fix this?

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #1594 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 03:36:52 »
Show Image

Taken during geology course today. I'm learning how to distinguish betweens pens and rocks. The one on the right is a new pen that came in like less then a week ago. It's a TSBI Eco Medium nib filled with my first iroshizuku ink, yu-yake. I like the pen so far except it seems to skip every so often and it gets worse depending on the angle that I'm writing. I have to write like perpendicular to the line of writing for it to work wellish. Anyway to fix this?

A skipping pen could be caused by a number of different factors. What do you mean by "perpendicular to the line of writing"?

Offline Vadisi

• Basicaly Jaffers' slave.
« Reply #1595 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 04:11:31 »
I wish I was into pens, I just can't bring myself to fork out eighty plus dollars on a nice pen.

KBP V60 mini (Cherry blue). K70 RGB (Cherry brown). BTC 5339 (foil and foam).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1596 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 05:11:23 »
I wish I was into pens, I just can't bring myself to fork out eighty plus dollars on a nice pen.

Start smaller with, say, some Pilot pens.  Reasonable quality.  Low prices :)

Offline Vadisi

• Basicaly Jaffers' slave.
« Reply #1597 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 05:31:13 »

I already do but it I'd like something better

KBP V60 mini (Cherry blue). K70 RGB (Cherry brown). BTC 5339 (foil and foam).

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1598 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 15:30:40 »

I already do but it I'd like something better

Used pens on ebay are fantastic for getting some high quality for low prices. If you want something new, there are plenty of <$50 pens out there that people rave about. The TWSBI ECO comes to mind.
-Dana

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1599 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 21:30:23 »
So I have a habit of letting my pen sit for a while without using it, then I will use it for a while, then let it sit.  When I get back to it, and the ink in the nib is dry and won't flow, what is the prefered method to get it writing again.  I have a Lamy, don't remember what model but there is a white one posted earlier on this page.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich