Poll

PCB colour preference, we will have colours, I will decide it in the end, but would love some community input.

Mint Blue
Black
White
Orange
Lime Green/YellowGreen
Purple

Author Topic: [GB][CLOSED] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates  (Read 283827 times)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: [GB][CLOSED] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 14:06:41 »
What's the diameter? Might even try it out myself :)
Around 1,8 mm.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1001 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:12:40 »
Does anyone have a spare stabiliser 7u wire
I can bend wires, they are not perfectly straight but they do the job.

Show Image

Show Image

May I ask what wire are these? I might just get them and bend them myself.  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #1002 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 14:30:06 »
May I ask what wire are these? I might just get them and bend them myself.  :)
Plain iron wire bought at a local hardware store. It comes in a spool hence it's not straight.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1003 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 16:23:21 »
You could probably get high quality steel wire from a hobby shop (many stores offering RC articles also have those). You would have to heat the wire to bend it though (or use some bending tool to do the job), but it will never twist for sure.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 14:34:24 »
Hi!

I have not shipped much today and yesterday, because I am sick and was quite busy.

I will get the rest of the packages out this weekend.

Also, the blue plates MIGHT be here next week, which is fantastic news.

Sorry about the small delay there, and sorry about the delay overall(if you had known the paperwork I most through to ship tracked orders).
I am talking to DHL, so I might get a deal there for future group buys.

Thanks for leaving me feedback here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uBzPkIcpTixHD2JVtIDaGSJ7rPPb4Qg2qaoe_eG-etY/viewform#responses

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1005 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 15:28:56 »
Hi!

I have not shipped much today and yesterday, because I am sick and was quite busy.

I will get the rest of the packages out this weekend.

Also, the blue plates MIGHT be here next week, which is fantastic news.

Sorry about the small delay there, and sorry about the delay overall(if you had known the paperwork I most through to ship tracked orders).
I am talking to DHL, so I might get a deal there for future group buys.

Thanks for leaving me feedback here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uBzPkIcpTixHD2JVtIDaGSJ7rPPb4Qg2qaoe_eG-etY/viewform#responses

Left a feedback  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Malenky

« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 17:27:15 »
Feedback submitted. I'd be interested in Round 5, is there any chance of a PCB that supports RGB in switch lighting? You know how Zealios support the 4 pin LEDs?

Offline axtran

« Reply #1007 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 22:37:14 »
Wonderful work, as always Leandre!

Sent from my iPhone
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline SuperChillGuy

« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 05:43:26 »
Received my PCB, plate and stabs today... made it here safe and sound.

Just waiting on my R3 Zealios 67g switches to arrive and I can get this thing built.

Thanks again LeandreN! I left feedback in your Google form, too :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1009 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 08:10:54 »
I managed to get 5 packages out today. Now there are only 4 left before we have to wait for the blue plates. Progress.

Offline grillatactics

« Reply #1010 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:42:52 »
Got home from work today and mine arrived! I thought last night I'd ask if mine had shipped (didn't get tracking and have terrible luck with shipping), but decided to give it one more day. I'll have to get in earlier next time so I can get some of those stickers ;). You certainly have a fan in me, thanks for the awesome groupbuy!! 10/10 :D

Just gotta get a case and some keycaps so I can see what the big dealio is. Will post pics!

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1011 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 03:40:02 »
Hi Leandren, any left over for universal plate?

Offline The_Skynacho

« Reply #1012 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 21:26:17 »
LeandreN,

I know that my order has not shipped yet (blue plate), but I am wondering if there will be any leftover black plates. I may have a change of heart on the case I will use for this build.  :D

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1013 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 06:41:46 »
UPDATE

ALL orders that doesn't include a blue plate has been shipped out.

ALL replacements for orders(so far) that had missing and/or wrong parts are shipped out.

Still waiting for information on the blue plates, but as I said, they may arrive next week and depending on if I am on vacation or not, I should be able to get them out in two days.

Hope you enjoy!

PS: I have not forgot the giveaway, the keycap may, or may not have been shipped out.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1014 on: Sat, 18 June 2016, 06:42:34 »
Hi Leandren, any left over for universal plate?

Not as of now. I am working on a new awesome store front that will have stock of universal plates, idk how long that will take though.

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #1015 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 23:53:41 »
Leandre, for the untracked option, how long is it expected to take to reach USA? Oops, looks like they came in while out of town, and my father forgot to mention it.

But we do have a potential problem here. I don't know if it is meant to be this way, but the carbon fiber plate I received seems to have a small disconnect on the right side by the shift. Here are some photos.

Is this normal?
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 June 2016, 01:02:15 by spanyam »
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 03:39:23 »
Leandre, for the untracked option, how long is it expected to take to reach USA? Oops, looks like they came in while out of town, and my father forgot to mention it.

But we do have a potential problem here. I don't know if it is meant to be this way, but the carbon fiber plate I received seems to have a small disconnect on the right side by the shift. Here are some photos.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is this normal?

Yes it is a part of the file to allow for all the layouts.

Offline spanyam

• Enjoy the gift of life!
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 10:13:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is this normal?

Show Image

Yes it is a part of the file to allow for all the layouts.

Okay then perfect. Sorry I missed the tiny gap there before.
SKCM Orange ALPS on Infinity 60% bent-metal case w/ hasu ALPS64 PCB and PBT blank DSA caps | KBP V60 w/ Matias Quiet Linears | IBM Model M | QFR w/ MX Blues

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #1018 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 16:29:59 »
I'm glad to have gotten my PCB and plate today -- thanks LeandreN, JDCarpe, and TalkingTree! This will be my first ground-up build.  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 16:35:01 by cryptokey »
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #1019 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:08:09 »
thanks LeandreN, JDCarpe, and TalkingTree!
:rolleyes: Uh, you're welcome, I guess.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #1020 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 17:50:56 »
thanks LeandreN, JDCarpe, and TalkingTree!
:rolleyes: Uh, you're welcome, I guess.

Way to go TalkingTree!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1021 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 06:42:25 »
H

Offline zeltner

« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 11:42:16 »
Finally got around to putting mine together. This is my first build with LED's I am happy how it came out. Just waiting on some proper key caps to arrive in the mail now.

I am also having a weird issue with key press's not registering. It's like if I press a switch too fast it doesn't register. Here is a link to a video that shows the issue... Maybe someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction to resolve it?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7R9z84fmV9cU2lfZnZIUU1JWjg/view?usp=sharing
I created a thread in building stuff for this but it's not getting much action so thought maybe I would ask here as well since it's related to the build. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82946.0;topicseen

Offline Sempre

« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 11:54:02 »
I had a problem with some switches not registering and turned out i had to re solder the switches. Maybe check you solder points?

Offline zeltner

« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:07:01 »
I had a problem with some switches not registering and turned out i had to re solder the switches. Maybe check you solder points?

I already did double check my soldering nothing seems to be loose. I can recreate this issue with any switch on the board though so I don't think its a soldering issue unless I somehow messed up every single switch.

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:11:04 »
I am also having a weird issue with key press's not registering. It's like if I press a switch too fast it doesn't register. Here is a link to a video that shows the issue... Maybe someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction to resolve it?

It would be helpful to see a picture of the back of the PCB (close up with good lighting) so we can see the solders. A bad solder (cold solder, too much/too little solder, etc) could easily be the culprit, or the switch itself could be malfunctioning. In either case the solution is pretty simple, desolder the switch and replace it or just try resoldering.

Offline zeltner

« Reply #1026 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:16:54 »

It would be helpful to see a picture of the back of the PCB (close up with good lighting) so we can see the solders. A bad solder (cold solder, too much/too little solder, etc) could easily be the culprit, or the switch itself could be malfunctioning. In either case the solution is pretty simple, desolder the switch and replace it or just try resoldering.

Here is a picture of the PCB I took the other day. But the issue happens on EVERY switch on the board, not just one switch. If it was happening with just one switch I would have tried replacing it already.140626-0

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #1027 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:19:28 »

I already did double check my soldering nothing seems to be loose. I can recreate this issue with any switch on the board though so I don't think its a soldering issue unless I somehow messed up every single switch.

Ignore my last post, hadn't seen your reply. Doesn't sound like a soldering issue (unless the PCB or USB connector got damaged).

Just thinking of trouble shooting steps: have you tried a different USC cable or tried the keyboard on a different computer?

It also could be a firmware issue on the board. I think these PCBs have a setting for NKRO you could check, or try flashing the firmware again (not sure how to do that on these though).

Offline zeltner

« Reply #1028 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 12:27:49 »

Ignore my last post, hadn't seen your reply. Doesn't sound like a soldering issue (unless the PCB or USB connector got damaged).

Just thinking of trouble shooting steps: have you tried a different USC cable or tried the keyboard on a different computer?

It also could be a firmware issue on the board. I think these PCBs have a setting for NKRO you could check, or try flashing the firmware again (not sure how to do that on these though).

No worries. Thanks for the advice.

Different Cable - tried with a few cables. Same results.

Different Computer - only tried on one computer. I can try it with another MacBook Pro when I get home from work.

Firmware / NKRO - I had this in the back of my head but I haven't actually flashed anything yet I am just going with the default that was on the board. I don't have a windows machine at the moment so I haven't been able to use the NERD gui to do anything with the firmware. I did try through a Virtual Machine but it wouldn't recognize the board. I figured this was an issue with reading the hardware through a VM though. I'm going to see if I can borrow a friends windows machine this weekend. I'll check the NKRO settings too.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1029 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 06:38:08 »
Update

Hi!

I have the blue plates now, but I am on vacation and waiting for some more money from PayPal.

I managed to ship 4 of the blue orders.

LeandreN

Offline Laser

« Reply #1030 on: Sat, 25 June 2016, 14:00:42 »
Update

Hi!

I have the blue plates now, but I am on vacation and waiting for some more money from PayPal.

I managed to ship 4 of the blue orders.

LeandreN

Great news! Can't wait to start working on this HHKB-MX :)

Offline zeltner

« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 27 June 2016, 14:12:06 »
My keycaps finally came in and I put together the matching USB cable. This has come together quite nice I think. Figured out the issue with keys registering too... I just had to change the NKRO setting.

140846-0
140848-1
140850-2

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1032 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:22:00 »
My keycaps finally came in and I put together the matching USB cable. This has come together quite nice I think. Figured out the issue with keys registering too... I just had to change the NKRO setting.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for sharing!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1033 on: Fri, 01 July 2016, 15:24:19 »
UPDATE

Shipping of blue orders will continue Tuesday next week. After that, the steel plates that I just ran a µGB for will ship, hopefully the same week. I will ship store orders at the same time.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

I will be reachable on support@leandrekeyboards.com from tomorrow.

LeandreN

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1034 on: Sat, 02 July 2016, 04:39:38 »
Here is my build, finally I have the right PCB and case for SKIDATA, it's a combo of the OG Skidata and Originative Charred Orange. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo the board is a beauty in real life:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 13:04:13 »
I got a tracked order out today.

More this week sometime, and next week, and the week after. Sorry about this taking time.

PayPal uses years to transfer to the main account.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 05:34:43 »

Packing packing packing.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 06:27:12 »

The rest of the orders are packed and ready to be shipped ;)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 06:30:51 »
Hey!

Now that my work is mostly finished.

If you are worried about your order or want replacements, it is very important that you email me immediately. This is also if you not yet have got your tracking number(if you bought tracking).

support@leandrekeyboards.com

I will try to answer immediately. Please make sure to include your username and paypal email so I can check the order.

LeandreN

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:25:12 »
woohoo! Blue plates incoming hopefully!! :D
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO
Soon: LeandreN GB 4 60% - Sentraq 78%

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1040 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:26:12 »
Ok, everything is officially shipped. If you have any problems with the order, please send a mail. That way I can sort it out fast.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1041 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:26:33 »
Still dreaming of green :'(
I love Elzy

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1042 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:29:33 »
Do you want iron powder coated, in green?

Because I am very near buying some iron plate prototypes ;)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:30:42 »

No experience with powder coated stuff butttttttt I don't really have any better options so it'll depend on the price :D
I love Elzy

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 07:34:13 »

No experience with powder coated stuff butttttttt I don't really have any better options so it'll depend on the price :D
If you send the Pantone of the green you want to use, that would be fantastic.

Offline Laser

« Reply #1045 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 08:05:52 »

Just to check (because I payed late), am I on the shipped list? (blue plate, stabs, no PCBs)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #1046 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 08:39:37 »

Just to check (because I payed late), am I on the shipped list? (blue plate, stabs, no PCBs)
Shipped 😃

Offline Laser

« Reply #1047 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 08:49:30 »

Thanks! :thumb:

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #1048 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 13:58:49 »
Any leftovers, especially black? I had sent an email a while ago, but it's possible that got lost somewhere.
pls gief bbv2

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #1049 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 14:00:48 »
I've been slow to build but will be starting soon. I think I'm 1 zealios short too. >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk