Author Topic: Majestouch tenkeyless nkro tactile click  (Read 1182 times)

Offline ohmage

Majestouch tenkeyless nkro tactile click
« on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 10:35:40 »
ok guys so i got myself one of these keyboards about 2 weeks ago and everything is fine 'cept one thing..

the 'd' key feels mushy and the click isn't half as loud as the others and doesnt feel as tactile... is it possible to change switches around sorry if this has been posted already i tried searching but thanks in advance

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 10:40:05 »
You might want to try to blow some compressed air into the switch to try to clean it out.  Blues seem to be more susceptible to dirt than the other varieties.  If worse comes to worst, you can swap the switch with another via soldering.

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 13:01:58 »
These frequent reports of failing switches on new Filcos are getting suspicious. I've never heard anything like that about Cherry-made boards. I wonder where they manufacture switches for Taiwan.
Typing on blues.

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 14:15:09 »
Quote from: Mental Hobbit;184230
These frequent reports of failing switches on new Filcos are getting suspicious. I've never heard anything like that about Cherry-made boards. I wonder where they manufacture switches for Taiwan.

How many geekhackers have Cherry corp. boards with blues for comparison? Scorpius reviews are a litany of bad blue switch stories, and I've heard of dull switche on DKs as well. Let's put it this way; Diatec did not want to carry blues for precisely this reason, they now carry them again because I order them (At geekhackers' request!)

It's a complicated switch mechanism.

To deal with this, all blue boards that leave EK are tested to make sure every key clicks. E-mail us if you receive a board that doesn't perform to this standard.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 15:31:06 »
Some of the folks that bought the G80-3000 had the same problem.  That said, I wonder if MH was speaking more to, say, the chattering issues which were mainly seen in the browns.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 May 2010, 15:50:45 »
Dust the switch out and test for hairs trapped underneath the switch (i.e. coming out the sides at the bottom). This once caused one of my keys to fail...

Offline Mental Hobbit

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 May 2010, 07:47:33 »
Quote from: majestouch;184272
Scorpius reviews are a litany of bad blue switch stories

Aren't Scorpius boards made in Tawain too? I'm not trying to bash Filco or Diatec, I'm wondering if switches for Asia in general or Taiwan in particular come from a different factory than the Europe-made switches Cherry use in their own boards.
Typing on blues.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 May 2010, 08:11:57 »
They Scorpius didn't have switch problems, per se, they had soldering problems that caused key presses not to register.  You could fix the problem be resoldering the switch.