Author Topic: Btc-5339r-0  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Infinite north

Btc-5339r-0
« on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 23:40:40 »
I just picked up a BTC-5339R-0 today. It's a foam capacitive type dealy. Springs under the keycaps instead of a membrane I think but I didn't break it down completely. It has nkro and that surprises me because I thought these types of boards were cheap boards to begin with. Any others floating around out there with nkro?

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Btc-5339r-0
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 May 2010, 23:45:59 »
Sorry to nitpick on terminology but you've got "membrane" mixed up. Rubber domes != membrane. Model Ms for example have a membrane.

I have one of these keyboards and find it no fun at all.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline Infinite north

Btc-5339r-0
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 00:03:36 »
*Tail between legs*

So I guess what I am really wondering is if this is a keeper or should I scrap it for the keycaps. It's in like new condition but I really don't have any attachment to it so far.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 May 2010, 00:06:02 by Infinite north »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Btc-5339r-0
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 May 2010, 00:48:21 »
Well...if you enjoy it, hell, it's a keeper. Just because it's not the best keyboard in the world doesn't make it unworthy of people liking it...I use Windows when I know that for certain applications other operating systems might be able to do the job better, or easier, or whatever.

Interesting note: keycaps should be compatible with Cherry MX switches. Nothing special about the keycaps but still useful info.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline spolia optima

Btc-5339r-0
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 May 2010, 00:50:25 »
IMHO a few of those foam/foil capacitive 'boards make for awesome gaming equipment. In particular I'm thinking of one of the BTC models with variable resistance color-coded springs and NKRO. Pretty nifty, and the left-hand F-keys make it that much better for gaming.
keyboards!