Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 318892 times)

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Delayed
« Reply #750 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 12:02:02 »
 :confused:

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #751 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 14:57:11 »

Offline profanum429

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 1st Batch Shipped
« Reply #752 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 10:40:29 »
Sorry for any confusion, we haven't invoiced yet... It will happen this week. Since it's going to be under $10 shipped (US) I figured there is no reason to have this long drawn out pay-period.  If anyone can't afford to pay this week just PM me and we'll work it out -- no worries!  On top of that, I'm sure we will have a few extra.  If you're not sure if you filled out the form just do it again and  leave a note of how many you actually want.

I'm looking forward to this :) Switching to Zeal stabilizers will satisfy my OCD.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #753 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 18:24:51 »
Sorry for any confusion, we haven't invoiced yet... It will happen this week. Since it's going to be under $10 shipped (US) I figured there is no reason to have this long drawn out pay-period.  If anyone can't afford to pay this week just PM me and we'll work it out -- no worries!  On top of that, I'm sure we will have a few extra.  If you're not sure if you filled out the form just do it again and  leave a note of how many you actually want.

I'm looking forward to this :) Switching to Zeal stabilizers will satisfy my OCD.

I'll be culling through the form entries in the next day or so and will email everyone directly to confirm order since we had a few bits on the survey that were "what if" sorts of questions. One of us will invoice you after that- I'd say all invoices will be out by Friday. Then brother onmybike will be able to have the machine shop cut these babies and make sure everyone gets what they wanted.

LAST CALL FOR DIFFUSERS!! Folks in wave two shipping, don't be shy- better to order one now than wish you had done so later. Form will close at midnight (PST) 4/12 and we'll call orders final then.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #754 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 18:53:50 »
Only the front diffusers are needed, right ? Side diffusers should still be the same I guess. Ordering my Zeal stabs now, god they'e so expensive lol

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #755 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 18:55:29 »
Only the front diffusers are needed, right ? Side diffusers should still be the same I guess. Ordering my Zeal stabs now, god they'e so expensive lol

That's correct.  :thumb:

edit: Agreed, they are spendy, but MAN, they are nice. Happily typing on some now at work and there's not a rattle to be found.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 April 2017, 18:57:55 by smittysteve »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #756 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 20:36:00 »

edit: Agreed, they are spendy, but MAN, they are nice. Happily typing on some now at work and there's not a rattle to be found.

Gotcha, my wallet hates you but I'm getting some now!  ;D

Offline profanum429

« Reply #757 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 20:43:40 »

Yea, I just ordered a set from Zeal. I kinda wish I had thought of that when I ordered my Zealio's earlier to save on that shipping...

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #758 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 21:50:14 »
Just heard from Duck that the 2nd batch will be delayed for a couple more weeks.

This is so saddddddddd :(

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #759 on: Tue, 11 April 2017, 22:28:28 »

Yea, I just ordered a set from Zeal. I kinda wish I had thought of that when I ordered my Zealio's earlier to save on that shipping...

+1, got a set just now too.  :-\ :-\

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #760 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:45:43 »

I'll be culling through the form entries in the next day or so and will email everyone directly to confirm order since we had a few bits on the survey that were "what if" sorts of questions. One of us will invoice you after that- I'd say all invoices will be out by Friday. Then brother onmybike will be able to have the machine shop cut these babies and make sure everyone gets what they wanted.

LAST CALL FOR DIFFUSERS!! Folks in wave two shipping, don't be shy- better to order one now than wish you had done so later. Form will close at midnight (PST) 4/12 and we'll call orders final then.

How do I order?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #761 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 00:54:23 »

How do I order?

Right- good call... here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegFXZikG0UzYC-x01-bZ4Yjsvcsd9jbi5aJNwITHwEV3isYg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #762 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 02:51:57 »

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegFXZikG0UzYC-x01-bZ4Yjsvcsd9jbi5aJNwITHwEV3isYg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Any chance I can get a check if I filled this out? I swear I did, but I want to make sure before I miss deadline  :eek:

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #763 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 04:27:17 »

Any chance I can get a check if I filled this out? I swear I did, but I want to make sure before I miss deadline  :eek:

You're all good!

Offline Potage

• L'omelette du fromage
« Reply #764 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 04:43:05 »
I submitted the form "just in case", I ended up buying Zeal's stabs. I'm weak.
HHKB Pro 2 | Winkeyless b.mini | Eagle v2

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #765 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 04:44:57 »
Diffuser Update:
Hey dudes, Steve  ;) ... Thanks again for handling this brother.  So I've had a very hectic start to my week... It's like every second is accounted for.  Something came up Monday and I couldn't make it to the shop.  I'm trying to get there by the end of week but in all honesty it might not happen until Monday the 17th as artist that's cutting them isn't there on the weekends.  Good news is that they'll be cut as I wait so as soon as I have them in hand I should be able to pack em up and send em out within a day or two.  So my apologies!  I'll keep everyone posted...

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #766 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 05:14:06 »
Any idea if there will ever be a V3?

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #767 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 05:43:10 »
Probably?  He's working on the LS V3 right now...

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #768 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 10:18:07 »

Probably in like 2-3 years or so given his production schedule

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #769 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 10:20:52 »

...It's the next project. More like 4mo to a year.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 10:34:07 »

Wait, do you mean the Viper/Eagle or the LS? Knowing his schedule (the current viper/eagle v2 was announced about 7-8 months ago, on 2016.09.26) and the fact that we're slow in shipping the second part, I really do doubt the next Viper/Eagle would come in that short amount of time. LS V3 would ship approx Q4 2017 and we would still be on schedule I guess.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 10:36:05 »

Wait, do you mean the Viper/Eagle or the LS? Knowing his schedule (the current viper/eagle v2 was announced about 7-8 months ago, on 2016.09.26) and the fact that we're slow in shipping the second part, I really do doubt the next Viper/Eagle would come in that short amount of time. LS V3 would ship approx Q4 2017 and we would still be on schedule I guess.

Ah, skimmed that incorrectly. I was referring to LS V3

Offline elton5354

« Reply #772 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 11:17:57 »

I apologize if the delay is inconveniencing for you. Sadly, these delays in production is out of my control.

Edit-

What is your order number?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 April 2017, 11:27:05 by elton5354 »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #773 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 12:14:11 »

I apologize if the delay is inconveniencing for you. Sadly, these delays in production is out of my control.

Edit-

Nah, I'm good as I've already gotten my vipers off market. When this gb started I wasn't even in the mk community yet lol. I was merely replying to the comments above about the V3 of viper/eagle.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #774 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 12:31:55 »

Edit-

Nah, I'm good as I've already gotten my vipers off market. When this gb started I wasn't even in the mk community yet lol. I was merely replying to the comments above about the V3 of viper/eagle.

Sounds good, wanted to make sure you're well taken care of :).

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 13:13:32 »

Edit-

Sounds good, wanted to make sure you're well taken care of :).
Do you think 2nd patch will be ship out by the end of this month?

Offline techfresh

« Reply #776 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 00:53:57 »

You're all good!

I don't think I've received an invoice.  Can you please check if my order is all good?  Also did I only buy one?  I need 2, I will submit another order if I'm only good for 1 so far.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:22:57 »

You're all good!

I don't think I've received an invoice.  Can you please check if my order is all good?  Also did I only buy one?  I need 2, I will submit another order if I'm only good for 1 so far.

Howdy- you're all set- we have you in there for two.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #778 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:52:01 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

-I'll send emails out tonight to double check orders.

-Invoice will be sent after order is confirmed.

Thanks and have a good one!

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #779 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:15:52 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

when will be the last day for people to join?
It seems that only the 1st batch receive their keyboards and have chances to try...
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #780 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:28:33 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

It seems that only the 1st batch receive their keyboards and have chances to try...

Yes, this is a good point! Form is still open now, though I will be closing it soon so onmybike can go forth with the cutting. Since the diffuser template is available, I suppose if you wait now and end up needing one later, you'd just pay more for a one-off through Big Blue Saw, etc...

I would say that anyone in shipping wave two who is planning to use Zeal stabs should pick up a new/ compatible front diffuser. (Remember the new diffuser is only for the front and is a frosted acrylic- a drop-in replacement for the one provided by Duck that accommodates the Zeal stabs.)

Offline inosint

« Reply #781 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:56:14 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Yes, this is a good point! Form is still open now, though I will be closing it soon so onmybike can go forth with the cutting. Since the diffuser template is available, I suppose if you wait now and end up needing one later, you'd just pay more for a one-off through Big Blue Saw, etc...

I would say that anyone in shipping wave two who is planning to use Zeal stabs should pick up a new/ compatible front diffuser. (Remember the new diffuser is only for the front and is a frosted acrylic- a drop-in replacement for the one provided by Duck that accommodates the Zeal stabs.)
Thanks again for doing this guys.

Out of curiosity, has anyone completed a build with the new compatible diffuser? Was a prototype diffuser cut for testing purposes ?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #782 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 13:01:53 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Out of curiosity, has anyone completed a build with the new compatible diffuser? Was a prototype diffuser cut for testing purposes ?

No worries. Onmybikedrunk is doing all the heavy lifting - I just volunteered for some logistics support.

And on the test build- no, not that I know of. He's just received the material and will be having it cut soon. Should be all good since he just added a bit more clearance for the bottom row Zeal stabs that were bumping the Duck diffuser, but I'm sure he'll test once he has them in hand before shipping.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #783 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 10:24:26 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

No worries. Onmybikedrunk is doing all the heavy lifting - I just volunteered for some logistics support.

And on the test build- no, not that I know of. He's just received the material and will be having it cut soon. Should be all good since he just added a bit more clearance for the bottom row Zeal stabs that were bumping the Duck diffuser, but I'm sure he'll test once he has them in hand before shipping.

In for 2 if it's not too late?   :blank:

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #784 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 10:36:14 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Still haven't received the invoices yet, so you should still on time.

On another note, I've just gotten around to install holtites on my board. It works perfectly such that I didn't even need to force the holtites in using a solder gun.

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 14:21:47 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

On another note, I've just gotten around to install holtites on my board. It works perfectly such that I didn't even need to force the holtites in using a solder gun.

You see any wooble when you type switches juntured with holtite? :D
And you still need to solder LED or Sip socket right? :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 April 2017, 14:23:28 by donjoan666 »

Offline Mumei

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 15:26:12 »
 :-\
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 April 2017, 15:57:29 by Mumei »

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #787 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 19:30:07 »

No wobble at all on a few switches I tested. There's holtites for LED's too, and they work great too! I might pop in SIP sockets for the information LED's (the LED strip at the top) though. but holtites work too.

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #788 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 20:56:02 »

No wobble at all on a few switches I tested. There's holtites for LED's too, and they work great too! I might pop in SIP sockets for the information LED's (the LED strip at the top) though. but holtites work too.

There's holtite for LED too?  :eek:
Would you let me know where I can buy?....

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:25:42 »

No worries - Here's the holtites you need for both the switches and the LED's. Shop around to see where you can get them the cheapest as that varies from quantity to your location.

8134-HC-5P2 - LED - (example buying link that I got mine from) http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/8134-HC-5P2/?qs=2mZjssE3HVW2oxs%252bzdwmWw%3D%3D
8134-HC-8P2 - Switches - http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/8134-HC-8P2/?qs=2mZjssE3HVXK3Y0NGiZ2AQ%3D%3D

Note that there's also the silver colored version for both of them that is identical. Only difference is the anodization and the price.  :)

Hopefully this helps you!

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #790 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:37:50 »

No worries - Here's the holtites you need for both the switches and the LED's. Shop around to see where you can get them the cheapest as that varies from quantity to your location.

8134-HC-5P2 - LED - (example buying link that I got mine from) http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/8134-HC-5P2/?qs=2mZjssE3HVW2oxs%252bzdwmWw%3D%3D
8134-HC-8P2 - Switches - http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/8134-HC-8P2/?qs=2mZjssE3HVXK3Y0NGiZ2AQ%3D%3D

Note that there's also the silver colored version for both of them that is identical. Only difference is the anodization and the price.  :)

:eek:
unbelievable what is this site ;_; Whole new world again.......
Thanks a lot.... :D

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #791 on: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:42:41 »

:eek:
unbelievable what is this site ;_; Whole new world again.......
Thanks a lot.... :D

You're welcome :). Note that some of the side sockets might not fit the holtites due to multiple holes being in close proximity.

Edit: only 1 hole on the right backspace/delete has this problem, everything else should holtite fine.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 April 2017, 23:56:07 by johnthedong »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #792 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 12:52:37 »
digikey is also a good resource for some electrical components

Offline profanum429

« Reply #793 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 13:22:50 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Just checking to make sure I haven't missed an email yet! I think I put in for two on the form earlier.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #794 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 13:23:28 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

Just checking to make sure I haven't missed an email yet! I think I put in for two on the form earlier.

+1, but I think we're good as I've not gotten an email either!  :)

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #795 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 13:27:05 »
Hi All,

Diffuser update:

+1, but I think we're good as I've not gotten an email either!  :)

All good. Got half out yesterday. Rest to come today.

Offline Potage

• L'omelette du fromage
« Reply #796 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 13:36:26 »
You're doing an awesome work !
HHKB Pro 2 | Winkeyless b.mini | Eagle v2

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #797 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 16:02:08 »
Just wondering, to use zeal stabs the only problem right now is the diffusers, right? No other issues such as the screws causing stuff to short out, right? Thanks!

Offline profanum429

« Reply #798 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 18:53:55 »
Just wondering, to use zeal stabs the only problem right now is the diffusers, right? No other issues such as the screws causing stuff to short out, right? Thanks!

I think there still might be a chance to short a key but should be pretty easy to alleviate by seeing where the screws hit any pads and masking those off with some tape or a nylon washer maybe.

Offline johnthedong

« Reply #799 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 20:48:40 »

I think there still might be a chance to short a key but should be pretty easy to alleviate by seeing where the screws hit any pads and masking those off with some tape or a nylon washer maybe.

Okie, sounds good! Time to break out the dental bands when the stabs come :D.