Author Topic: [GB] KAT Classic Retro | Cancelled  (Read 7877 times)

Offline Xonuss

[GB] KAT Classic Retro | Cancelled
« on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 12:25:16 »
Cancelled
KAT Classic Retro

Hello there, I'm incredibly excited to introduce you to KAT Classic Retro!
It's KAT, it's beige and it's got accents, what's not to like?

GB DATE
September 5th, 2023 to October 5th, 2023

ETA
Q1-Q2 2024

You may be asking, when can I expect to see this set in my mailbox? Great news though, is that all preperations for the set has been finalised, which means molds, colors and packaging has been approved and we are ready to start manufacturing as soon the the order has been place, and currently, there is practically no queue for the double-shot molds. This also means that unless we somehow see sales exceeding that of KAT Mizu (4000+ kits), we're looking at a manufacturing and packaging timeline of 3 months, with an additional 1-2 months of shipping with sea freight directly from the factory in China to your local vendor.

PRICING:

SPECIFICATIONS
Double-shot PBT
Alphas similar to GMK L9
Mods similar to GMK U9
Legends similar to GMK CR
Red accent similar to GMK 3C
Green accent similar to GMK 3B
KAT Profiles (5-4-3-2-1-1)
Compatible with MX style switches
1.6mm thick double-shot PBT Plastic

KITS

VENDORS
EU: KEYGEM
OCE: ALLCAPS
NA: DIVINIKEY
UK: PROTOTYPIST
SEA: MECHA MY
SCANDINAVIA: MAXGAMING

RENDERS

Samples in various Colortemperatures

Last, shameless self-plug:
Join the Discord and stay updated on both this and more upcoming projects.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2023, 01:19:40 by Xonuss »

Offline Xonuss

Re: [GB] KAT Classic Retro | Sept. 5th - Oct. 5th
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 September 2023, 12:32:30 »
Reserved

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 12:28:19 »
Approved :thumb:

PSA to prospective buyers:
Group Buys are inherently risky endeavors. There is an element of risk involved with collecting payment before the item has been produced and resulting uncertainty during manufacturing / subsequent operations. We urge all GB organizers to consider (and document) these risks, and want to make it clear to all who consider purchasing that these risks are present.

If you are unfamiliar with the Group Buy model, please read this primer - Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

This PSA is new and will become standard on all Group Buys moving forward. It is not posted on this GB in isolation and is not singling this organizer out in particular as someone to be wary of.

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 September 2023, 10:44:26 »
I'm just gonna post this here in case some people missed the 'more' section in this original post. Also I have now removed that 'more' bit, so it's now also just plain text in the post.

You may be asking, when can I expect to see this set in my mailbox? Great news though, is that all preperations for the set has been finalised, which means molds, colors and packaging has been approved and we are ready to start manufacturing as soon the the order has been place, and currently, there is practically no queue for the double-shot molds. This also means that unless we somehow see sales exceeding that of KAT Mizu (4000+ kits), we're looking at a manufacturing and packaging timeline of 3 months, with an additional 1-2 months of shipping with sea freight directly from the factory in China to your local vendor.