Author Topic: [IC] ZEUS Wireless TKL - New Badge and Deskmat Collab!  (Read 31974 times)

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
Re: [IC] ZEUS TKL - Wireless - Internal Speaker - Dual USB - DAC - Encoder
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 01:37:19 »
The top right logo is kind of distracting to me and breaks the great aesthetic.
I would strongly suggest to change it to symbol or anything else other than the huge italic serif typeface ZEUS. The bottom engraving is ok since I don't look at the bottom frequently.

Without the top right logo, great board.
Great numpad keyboard, loving it.

Just my 0.02 :)

Offline Jacki

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 09:28:54 »
Hellkite and chuletas  lmao! ;D

Really like this board a bit curious about the plate design and all those cuts on it. Originally thought they were flex cuts which they may be, but I also noticed the pcb doesn’t have flex cuts. I am no engineer nor do i know the goals you were trying to achieve with the design would love to hear what is the main goal.
Hey Swishy! Thanks for asking sir. The plate cuts alone do provide a good measure of relief/flex, and the revision 2 PCBs are being expanded to have minimal flex cuts as well. I have been daily driving the prototype you see in this IC for a month now, getting to understand the sound and feel of it. My testing led me to order a second round of revisions for both the PCB and Case/Plate with a slight tweak to add more flex. Compared with a traditional TKL which has no relief cuts and no burger mounting, Zeus is a joy to type on, and if you want to, that solid configuration can be setup as well. I have not forgotten about the little details, and here is a produced revision 2 wireless PCB with some flex cuts.
As for the MAIN goal, that is just to have an awesome TKL that I can be proud of presenting to the community.

Show Image

Show Image
That S got a Dollar sign

[img width=267 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/in3VqH2.jpg[/img

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 10:29:39 »
I would strongly suggest to change it to symbol or anything else other than the huge italic serif typeface ZEUS. The bottom engraving is ok since I don't look at the bottom frequently.

Sometimes, I wonder if you guys actually read anything or you just scroll aimlessly....
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 11:21:17 »

Sometimes, I wonder if you guys actually read anything or you just scroll aimlessly....

Quote from: Obi Wan
Only a Sith deals in absolutes
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:29:51 »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:41:45 »
Hellkite and chuletas  lmao! ;D

Really like this board a bit curious about the plate design and all those cuts on it. Originally thought they were flex cuts which they may be, but I also noticed the pcb doesn’t have flex cuts. I am no engineer nor do i know the goals you were trying to achieve with the design would love to hear what is the main goal.
Hey Swishy! Thanks for asking sir. The plate cuts alone do provide a good measure of relief/flex, and the revision 2 PCBs are being expanded to have minimal flex cuts as well. I have been daily driving the prototype you see in this IC for a month now, getting to understand the sound and feel of it. My testing led me to order a second round of revisions for both the PCB and Case/Plate with a slight tweak to add more flex. Compared with a traditional TKL which has no relief cuts and no burger mounting, Zeus is a joy to type on, and if you want to, that solid configuration can be setup as well. I have not forgotten about the little details, and here is a produced revision 2 wireless PCB with some flex cuts.
As for the MAIN goal, that is just to have an awesome TKL that I can be proud of presenting to the community.

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the Answer love it especially when designers have these things thought out. I am definitely gonna try to be one of the 1% even if my wallet isnt.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 13:55:31 »
Show Image

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Koobaczech the Wise?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 14:55:00 »
That line, and seeing Anakin being turned was such great writing. And how they brought back two Palpatines at the very end was crazy!

Offline Iksion

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 14:58:53 »
Nice :thumb: Want to see other colours!
KBD75v1 | Kira | Melody96 | TX75v2 | TX-CP | hbcp | Keycult No.2 rev.1 | NK65 | Duck Octagon v3 | Percent Volt | TX65v2 | KY-01 | Sunsetter | Mr. Suit | J-01 | Dolphin 2021 | Phase One 65 | KBD8x Mark ii

Offline OnlyJuice

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 24 September 2021, 15:04:54 »
Hi, I'm very excited about the board, what DAC are you planning on including? I want to drive my HD800s and wondering whether it'll be sufficient. Also was thinking about getting the HE-1, will the Zeus be able to drive electrostatic headphones?

Offline Gvalch_ca

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 11:49:08 »
percival when
Lead Keyboard Cringeneer.
Alps and Space Invaders enthusiast.

Offline Zlane

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 10:58:48 »
Whats the name of the keyboard again? The logo is a bit small I can't read what it says

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 11:42:11 »
Whats the name of the keyboard again? The logo is a bit small I can't read what it says
This board is called the “Hjonk” named after one of Koobs most trusted dishwasher repairmen.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 26 September 2021, 12:37:46 »

squints eyes
Juice? Seus? That's all I got from the logo.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 13:05:30 »
Hi, I'm very excited about the board, what DAC are you planning on including? I want to drive my HD800s and wondering whether it'll be sufficient. Also was thinking about getting the HE-1, will the Zeus be able to drive electrostatic headphones?

Thanks Juice! The daughterboard which houses the USB ports and the jack is where the DAC is built into. The heart of the DAC is a Ti chip (pcm2704) which can directly drive 32Ω (OHMS) headphones. I've beefed up the operating capacitors and employed a few filters as well, but overall I'm not sure how it will handle your high end gear x! If there is a high impedance headphone I can get my hands on I can try to see how it drives them.

percival when
Working on it boss!

squints eyes
Juice? Seus? That's all I got from the logo.

So I have actually changed the "ZEUS" logo for the future protos. We will see how they end up ;)

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 September 2021, 14:47:34 »

Thanks Juice! The daughterboard which houses the USB ports and the jack is where the DAC is built into. The heart of the DAC is a Ti chip (pcm2704) which can directly drive 32Ω (OHMS) headphones. I've beefed up the operating capacitors and employed a few filters as well, but overall I'm not sure how it will handle your high end gear x! If there is a high impedance headphone I can get my hands on I can try to see how it drives them.
I believe he's looking for the name/model of the DAC chip e.g.  AKM, ESS, Cirrus Logic, Qualcomm, etc.

edit: someone told me it's the pcm2704. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 September 2021, 16:14:00 by iNViSiBiLiTi »
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 17:12:09 »
 :thumb:

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 03:45:03 »
make me pregnant koob
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 11:33:16 »
The true keyboard of the Gods.

Offline lush_bunny

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Re: [IC] ZEUS Wireless TKL - New Badge and Deskmat Collab!
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 14:35:47 »
Hello all! A few things have been going on behind the scenes!

The badge has been changed to a lightning bolt. If you don't like it, it can be changed again so stop whining lol!

New wireless pcbs have arrived and are awesome. Firmware has been written and they are ready to rock. Ty Brandon for the help.

DESKMAT collab has happened with Jae from JAEKEYED.

Jupiter's Eye Deskmat collab from Jae (keyed)

FINALLY, I have sent a proto out to Mexican streamer KatanakajiKeys. He should be unboxing it tomorrow 10/7/2021 on stream at around 9PM EST, and hopefully be building it on Sunday 10/10/2021 at the same time. All of Zeus' hidden secrets will be revealed :cool:

https://www.twitch.tv/katanaxkaji - https://www.twitch.tv/katanaxkaji/schedule

Stay tuned, thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 October 2021, 18:15:16 by Koobaczech »

Offline WHAT!?

• WHAT!?
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 10:55:53 »
That new badge is pretty dope.

I generally want my peripherals to blend with my PC case... and I still like beige. But this looks so damn nice I might convince myself to make an exception. That is a damn fine keyboard. Love the matching numpad.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 13:09:23 »
can we make the lightning bolt bigger?

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 09:53:35 »
lightning bolt badge is great. ready to nuke mount olympus when you are...

Offline Keybjorn

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 11:51:37 »
For money reasons I probably just go for the numpad but they're both really amazing, I love them af. I've always been a fan of Greek mythology so the inspiration from your keyboards seems amazing to me. Will definitely be my first numpad.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 11 October 2021, 16:56:32 »
This board insta-wets me everytime. The bold and beautiful! It'll sit right up there on the throne with Dora to rule the mini board city that I have created.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Onnimar

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 09:43:43 »
I personally prefer the Zeus logo over the bolt. The bolt seems to small for the area. Still an awesome board.

Offline Vorge

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 21:38:22 »
I really like all of the things that are going on in the keeb, the numpad, usb hub, dac, etc. I am not a huge fan of the badge though, bolt>Zeus but I still feel like something is missing. Great ideas going on with the keeb.

Offline Coquelox18

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 22:17:22 »
Zeus!! totally love the batch and the pcb looks great

Offline encreed

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 00:45:50 »
Hi, I bought them with bulk earbuds from online store they gave me a good feel. Electrostatic earphones are often viewed as the most straightforward, regular, point by point sounding listening gadgets conceivable. This is because of the incredibly speedy transient reaction of their super slender driver components, which not at all like customary earphone and speaker drivers, need weighty wire loops and magnets.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 03:20:14 »
Having the headphone port there means that the cable is going to want to come up and over the keys, no? The user would have to keep tucking it round the side (depending on the cable stiffness and flexibility). I think it would make much more sense to bring the port round to the front.

Offline ravenousrhino

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 09:12:30 »
Having the headphone port there means that the cable is going to want to come up and over the keys, no? The user would have to keep tucking it round the side (depending on the cable stiffness and flexibility). I think it would make much more sense to bring the port round to the front.

That would only be a problem if you have a short cable. Gravity would still do its work as long as it's long enough. Additionally, if it's an angled jack it won't be a problem. I mean if you can buy a keyboard like this you would be able to get good quality headset

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 10:52:42 »
Hmm, I do prefer the Bolt over Zeus typing, but the "Zeus" string did make better use of the space.

Maybe experiment with making the bolt assymetrical, with one of the sides being bigger? It just looks a bit... unsatisfying? to see the height of caps of the F-row be taller than the badge taking space right next to them. On that regard, I actually liked Zeus string more (as noted above.)

Maybe adding a background/frame to the bolt? Kind of like ancient greek pottery

----------------

*bolt symbol*

----------------

Something like this

Only instead of the two dude, it'd be a depiction of Zeus' bolt.

Obviously that last idea would be more expensive, but I do think it would add to the overall theme of the board

If that doesn't work, maybe experimenting with using a bolt similar to the one you have on the deskmat. The assymetry from one side being larger would maybe help balance it out? Or just the orientation?

Idk, just throwing ideas out there :p
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 November 2021, 10:55:28 by i luv chuletas »

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 11:07:46 »
Also treeleaf64 what the heck lol? This man in the matrix :p
Not sure what drugs treeleaf is on but I want some.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 22 November 2021, 00:10:07 »
Also treeleaf64 what the heck lol? This man in the matrix :p
Not sure what drugs treeleaf is on but I want some.

It is called using a different geekhack theme because dark mode is for hololive enjoyers
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!