Author Topic: Help locating the Hangul Keycaps  (Read 6500 times)

Offline petertho

Help locating the Hangul Keycaps
« on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 22:40:41 »
Hi everyone,
So I was told IMSTO has korean/hangul keycaps that I could buy but I simply cannot find it on his website (It is absolutely the worst trying to navigate the website with Google Translate!). Can someone please show me all the links to the different sets of the keycaps?

I've seen keycaps like the following: (I would prefer if the legends were a different colour, but if they only come in those colours, then that's fine)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Help locating the Hangul Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:04:18 »
I find Taobao rather easy to navigate with Google Translate. You simply click on Sublimation Dyesub under Keycaps in set on the left, but anyway he doesn't have each and every set listed on the site.
To order just send him a PM or email. Tell him what you want, include your paypal address and he'll send you an invoice. FWIW slower shipping (~2 weeks) costs ~$10, while EMS shipping (4-7 days) costs ~$25.

Also, the Gray and Blue caps come with Red or Blue Hangul, while the White caps only come in Red (I think).
Here's a photo of my Blue w/ Red in case you have not seen them :)

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:06:03 by Jocelyn »

Offline calavera

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:12:28 »
Do you guys actually use Korean or are you just putting these on for eye candy..like the rare Russian legend dye subs that Koreans go ape poo for.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:15:29 »
I know a little Korean, but I did get them for language learning purposes. Ironically enough, it's mainly so I can prowl around kbdmania lol :)

Offline petertho

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 04:46:02 »
Do you guys actually use Korean or are you just putting these on for eye candy..like the rare Russian legend dye subs that Koreans go ape poo for.

I'm currently undertaking korean lessons (doing Korean language minor). So I'd like to have the korean/hangul keycaps to help me ease into touch typing in korean (the on screen keyboard was nuissance)

Offline petertho

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 04:51:36 »
I find Taobao rather easy to navigate with Google Translate. You simply click on Sublimation Dyesub under Keycaps in set on the left

Still can't the ones with hangul on them :( I've found similar ones but with no hangul ... totally confused. 미안합니다! (I am sorry :()

I hope IMSTO has a set like this with hangul on it!

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4996320547.24.aSNBoU&id=18076035853&
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2013, 04:56:19 by petertho »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 18:07:20 »
I don't think the hangul sets are actually listed. If you go on his blue caps you'll see that one of the pictures is blue w/ red hangul, but the hangul version isn't listed on its own.

You'd be best off sending imsto a PM on the forums asking whether he has them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline petertho

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 19:25:40 »
I don't think the hangul sets are actually listed. If you go on his blue caps you'll see that one of the pictures is blue w/ red hangul, but the hangul version isn't listed on its own.

You'd be best off sending imsto a PM on the forums asking whether he has them.

Thanks for the help. I've sent a few PMs back and forth with IMSTO, looks like I'll go with the whites keycaps