Author Topic: Me...Eat and drink at the desk?...Does a bear...  (Read 1952 times)

Offline roaduck

Me...Eat and drink at the desk?...Does a bear...
« on: Sat, 26 September 2009, 00:31:59 »
Right, thanks to the venerable experts in this forum, I read reviews and came to a definate decision after finding out which keyboards were for clumsy amateurs like myself.

Apparently I was a geeky typer ( I wouldn`t classify myself as a typist ) that could use one to four fingers at a time depending on mood.I'm a heavy-handed typer and needed a firm feeling keyboard with good auditory and haptic feedback.

So I needed a UK layout, preferably 'clicky' IBM model M that was bomb-proof and narrowed down my choice to a 1391406.I subsequently took delivery of a second-hand refurbished one on Monday just gone.

I have decided not to eat drink and smoke directly over my new toy as I did with my totally battered BTC 5123S rubber-dome from 2000 that was filthy, bent in the middle (through getting slept on and being punched in frustration)
The back leg was snapped off and it was about as responsive as typing on a balloon wearing boxing gloves.

As is my want I do get a bit 'happy' and carried away at the desk trying to interact with upwards of sixty internet relay chatters in a room whilst drinking copious amounts of 96% volume rectified Polish white spirit (like your everclear only purer) or a good Russian 60% volume vodka smoking roll my own cigs there was an increased risk of keyboard contamination.

Amazingly in nearly ten years of typing at the desk over that old keyboard, it never got any booze spilt on it nor got cigarette burns in it even when I could see three screens simultaneously ( two of them hallucinated.)

It did, however, contain more crumbs of toast and sandwich remnants than the bottom tray of  a cafe diner dualit.It still sounds like maracas if I shake it now and it is probably a class 3 biohazard.

From now on I will eat, drink and smoke slightly Away From Keyboard in order to preserve it's wonderfull transpositional qualities.I want this board to last.

This forum modified my behaviour for the better and  I thank you one and all.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2009, 01:07:58 by roaduck »
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask