Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Avilo - Pricing Announced  (Read 19812 times)

Offline Loquerish

[IC] ePBT Avilo - Pricing Announced
« on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:04:17 »
Welcome to the IC for EPBT Avilo!
Creme and I have been working on this set for months now. After being burnt out we got demotivated for a while, we finally pull through and have started working on this set again. We really hope you enjoy this set as much as we have enjoyed the struggle of making it!

This set takes most of it's inspiration from the Spanish city called "Ávila", and the name for this set is taken from the Esperanto translation — Avilo.
We came upon this city while researching historical Spanish places and the town's beauty really pulled our breath away with it's beautiful buildings, but especially it's walls.
We were enamored by the rustic Spanish town with it's breathtaking buildings and captivating city walls. We instantly knew that we wanted to capture the beauty of this world's treasure and channel it into this keycap set.

19TH NOVEMBER 2021 - 19TH DECEMBER 2021

When seeking feedback internally amongst friends, it was brought to our attention that our set may have been reminiscent of GMK Noel; although we believed our theme and vision were different, we preemptively reached out to (Cutéshy), and they responded cordially and acknowledged and approved our set. We are thankful for their helpful feedback.

Karulo

Atlantiko

Kalkulo

Salti

Malgranda

Aera

Vojagi

Sparvojo

Ikki68 by WuqueStudios

Lionel by BeagleChristo

Maja by Vulcan x KBDFans

VOID40 by V0ID

Kinabalu71 by Tipsy & Loquerish

Vista by Addmeonebay

Vitralo by Loquerish

We are happy to announce our first collab!
We are launching custom cables in the Avilo colourway together wth Glen from G Custom Cables,
offering a choice of straight or coiled cable, as well as between connector type and colour.
Check them out at gcustomcables.com!

US:ValaSupply
CA:AshKeebs
UK:KeebCats
EU:MyKeyboard
ASIA:KBDFans
PH:ZionStudios
KR:SwagKeys
SEA:iLumkb
OCE:DailyClack

Post IC
Novelties
Deskmats
Extra Renders
Announce Vendors
Collabs
Artisans

Dates are in this format! DD-MM
19/7 - Post Ic
19/7 - Changed kittings (Added rows, Deleted unnecessary keys, Added some keys)
25/7 - New Novelties, Updated Kittings, New Deskmat design and Kittings name change
16/8 - Updated Kittings, Iso-Es support added, More Board renders
29/8 - Updated Norde-ES, Collabs, Improved Kittings
8/11 - Pricing Announced

Credits
Crème for working on this set with me;
Zakariya For Helping us start this journey;
Leah for helping us in the journey;
Addmeonebay For creating one of the deskmat;
E1, BoredBear and others from Hipyo Tech discord server for supporting us and giving us helpful feedback.

Show your support by adding the signature to your profile
Code: [Select]
[img width=256 height=92]https://i.imgur.com/ZHLaEq4.png[/img]
Can be contacted through discord at Loquerish#4537

Keep in mind that this is still in its early stages. Kittings, colors and design choices are still not
final! Please help by filling out the interest check form below!

« Last Edit: Thu, 18 November 2021, 20:08:13 by Loquerish »

Offline Loquerish

Re: [IC] EPBT Avilo
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:35:02 »
reserved

Offline DontStealMyLolipop

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:36:42 »
Great set and amazing deskmat, totally love the feel and look of it  :eek:

Offline Zakar1ya

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 17:13:07 »
Super cute, GLWIC!  :thumb:

Offline drunken_sailor

• * Vendor
  • I'm from KeebCats!
    • KeebCats
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 17:14:09 »
Beautiful set. The last two of the Aerea mods look like they could be made more vertically central.

Absolutely adore the deskmat. Good luck with the IC!

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 17:23:10 »
Please don't force accented spacebars in the base kit. Replace the current 7u spacebar with a white one or have both in the base kit like with the 6.25u bar.

F13 should be in the base kit.

You don't need R1 'PgDn' and 'End' in base if you've got them in the numpad kit.

Offline sloth.

• Corne gang
Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:23:51 »
Taking inspiration from a Spanish city and not including ISO-ES support really makes me sad, ñ does exist :(

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 18:26:49 »
I like the colors, but I have some concerns:
-why do the keys be floatin' like that?
-kitting could be better, especially 40s
-because novelty kitting has no rows listed i have no idea what is supposed to go where
-please add key sizes to all your kits, especially spacebars

This has potential, keep working on it! :thumb:

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:17:28 »
Taking inspiration from a Spanish city and not including ISO-ES support really makes me sad, ñ does exist :(
thank you for the info, i will work on that asap

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:19:05 »
I like the colors, but I have some concerns:
-why do the keys be floatin' like that?
-kitting could be better, especially 40s
-because novelty kitting has no rows listed i have no idea what is supposed to go where
-please add key sizes to all your kits, especially spacebars

This has potential, keep working on it! :thumb:
thank you for the support :thumb: appreciate the input

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 19:20:39 »
Please don't force accented spacebars in the base kit. Replace the current 7u spacebar with a white one or have both in the base kit like with the 6.25u bar.

F13 should be in the base kit.

You don't need R1 'PgDn' and 'End' in base if you've got them in the numpad kit.
thank you for bringing that to my attention, will do that asap

Offline migueldelrosario

• Sample Text
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 03:57:59 »
Really like the colours on this set. GLWIC!

Offline Pandamom98

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 19:08:27 »
Ahhhhh the newer novelties look so nice

Offline blueredyellow

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 19:11:27 »
Vitralo deskmat looks good, reminds me of water ripples lowkey

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - New Kittings and Novelties!
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:35:22 »
it's like if 'mr. sleeves' was a complete set.  I like it!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 23:49:21 »
Hi, thanks for fixing some issues in the updates!

On the kitting:
-please remove accent spacebars from base. If you are going to keep it, at least swap the color in the render with the alpha colored spacebar.
-The atlantiko kit is confusing. Is it an alt alphas kit? is it a mods spacebar kit? I'm not sure how much customer overlap you'd get between both of those
-00 above 0 in numpad is aesthetically cursed
-I am confused by some of the icons in your 40s kit. Also, please change esc to icon for consistency. Also add R1 Esc pls
-offering only accent esc in 40s but no accent enter feels  :(
-new novs are great, but it feels like you only wanted them to be used on a macro column? I can't use them for any normal mod-colored 1u, which is disappointing. If you want to offer the alpha colored 1us just offer them as an extra macro column kit, and make the ones in the current novs kit mod colored.

If I didn't like the set I wouldn't give such detailed nitpicks. I hope to see further updates!
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 00:03:24 by cylentshadows »

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 00:21:56 »
Hi, thanks for fixing some issues in the updates!

On the kitting:
-please remove accent spacebars from base. If you are going to keep it, at least swap the color in the render with the alpha colored spacebar.
-The atlantiko kit is confusing. Is it an alt alphas kit? is it a mods spacebar kit? I'm not sure how much customer overlap you'd get between both of those
-00 above 0 in numpad is aesthetically cursed
-I am confused by some of the icons in your 40s kit. Also, please change esc to icon for consistency. Also add R1 Esc pls
-offering only accent esc in 40s but no accent enter feels  :(
-new novs are great, but it feels like you only wanted them to be used on a macro column? I can't use them for any normal mod-colored 1u, which is disappointing. If you want to offer the alpha colored 1us just offer them as an extra macro column kit, and make the ones in the current novs kit mod colored.

If I didn't like the set I wouldn't give such detailed nitpicks. I hope to see further updates!
Thank you! i was still unsure about a bunch of stuff so you really helped me in this response!

Offline cremeDLC

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 03:20:50 »
Hi guys, creme here! I am the collaborator for this set. I'm really excited to have this out, and with our new kitting overhaul I hope to be able to see more of your needs met. Please do continue to provide us with any feedback you might have, and complete our IC form if you are interested in picking up this set in the future. Thanks for your warm responses, it is truly appreciated!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 09:53:30 »
Thank you! i was still unsure about a bunch of stuff so you really helped me in this response!

No problem. Please feel free to reach out to me on Discord if you have any more follow-ups and want to discuss anything.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 July 2021, 16:46:25 by cylentshadows »

Offline TSUNDERIC

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 14:57:29 »
Love the colors on this one! Reminds me of pink skies that I don't see all too often. Interested in how the alt alphas look on a board if you have any renders~

Offline rusty

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 22:06:48 »
I'm really liking the set and the deskmat. If this ever pushed through please have ZionStudios as one of the vendors pls :)

Offline jackcalico

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 02:27:45 »

Any chance we can get ISO-ES layout support when the GB opens? That would be fantastic!

Offline Loquerish

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 19:42:47 »

Any chance we can get ISO-ES layout support when the GB opens? That would be fantastic!
Have added ISO-ES support as per requested :D

Offline salgiza

Have added ISO-ES support as per requested :D

Woohooo! One more to add to the list. Thanks a lot!

(I would add lots of heart emojis if the forum allowed it  :D )

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Hi.

I would like to point out a few problems in the "Vojagi" kit. It seems to be a "Norde+ES" kit, but:

- Support for German is incomplete: the keys 2"² (R1), 3§³ (R1) and <>| (R4) are missing.
- Support for Danish is incomplete: ◌́◌̀| (R1) and <>\ (R4) are missing.
- Support for Norwegian is incomplete: \◌̀◌́ (R1) is missing.
- Support for Swedish/Finnish is incomplete: <>| (R4) is missing (same key as in German).
- Those four layouts sport a numpad comma, not a numpad period. This would be a fine addition to the kit.

- Support for Spanish (Spain) is problematic:
* In R1, ºª\, 1!|, 3·#, 4$~ and 6&¬ are missing. 7/, 8(, 9) and 0= (without a tertiary legend) are also missing.
* ◌̀◌̂[ and +*] appear in R1 but are actually part of R2.
* ◌́◌̂{ and Ç} appear in R2 but are actually part of R3. Note also that the C with cedilla appears as a lowercase in the render (should be uppercase: Ç, not ç).

You may want to check out http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Possible-International-Kits-for-Custom-Sets/ for further reference.

HTH!

Offline Loquerish

Hi.

I would like to point out a few problems in the "Vojagi" kit. It seems to be a "Norde+ES" kit, but:

- Support for German is incomplete: the keys 2"² (R1), 3§³ (R1) and <>| (R4) are missing.
- Support for Danish is incomplete: ◌́◌̀| (R1) and <>\ (R4) are missing.
- Support for Norwegian is incomplete: \◌̀◌́ (R1) is missing.
- Support for Swedish/Finnish is incomplete: <>| (R4) is missing (same key as in German).
- Those four layouts sport a numpad comma, not a numpad period. This would be a fine addition to the kit.

- Support for Spanish (Spain) is problematic:
* In R1, ºª\, 1!|, 3·#, 4$~ and 6&¬ are missing. 7/, 8(, 9) and 0= (without a tertiary legend) are also missing.
* ◌̀◌̂[ and +*] appear in R1 but are actually part of R2.
* ◌́◌̂{ and Ç} appear in R2 but are actually part of R3. Note also that the C with cedilla appears as a lowercase in the render (should be uppercase: Ç, not ç).

You may want to check out http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Possible-International-Kits-for-Custom-Sets/ for further reference.

HTH!
Thank you!

Offline AnonymousPlatypus

Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - Collab Announcement, Improved Norde-ES
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 02:03:06 »
Love my European city inspired sets! Vitralo deskmat is beautiful, exactly what i was looking for.
Any chance this could get french ISO support?

Offline unni

Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - GB Date Announced!!
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 20 October 2021, 14:16:48 »
Finally an epbt kit that work with nordic-mac-layout (in mac layout curly brackets are on 8 and 9, and in win its on 7, 0). definitely buying this one

Offline Loquerish

Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - Collab Announcement, Improved Norde-ES
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 09:16:56 »
Love my European city inspired sets! Vitralo deskmat is beautiful, exactly what i was looking for.
Any chance this could get french ISO support?
Sorry, we didn't get to add french support as we are afraid it would increase the cost

Offline EverTokki

Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - Pricing Announced
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 13:21:05 »
Love this, I just wish the letter keys were the same color as the spacebar. :') For some reason not enjoying the pink, but I bet it'll look good anyways. GLHF!

Offline anonympku

Re: [IC] ePBT Avilo - Pricing Announced
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 19:25:58 »
Could you please change the kits?
Now the 6.25u and 7u blue spaces are only included in the Atlantiko kit, while I don't need the blue alpha area. So could you please move the blue spaces to the base kit or Salti kit?
And as far as I'm concerned, the 6.25U and 7U blue and pink spaces should be included in the base kit, instead of selling separately in different kits.
I love this set, but the kit arrangement makes me buy a lot more keys that I don't need and discourages me from buying this set.
Thanks for reading.