geekhack Community > Keyboards

KBDFANS KDB67 Lite R2

<< < (3/7) > >>

Leopard223:

--- Quote from: Fraaaan on Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:12:41 ---I have the 67 Lite from the first round and I enjoy it very much.

The "gasket" is pretty much used as a marketing term, though. The hard silicone that sits in-between the PCB and plate is sandwiched between the top and bottom case. You won't get any flex with this thing during regular use even if you're a pretty heavy typist but is still feels way better than a tray mount which is fantastic at this price point. Bezels aren't too thin and it sounds pretty alright IMO. Comes with a carrying case as well.

It's a great first or seconds board or if you're looking for something hotswappable to try switches on or even for breaking in switches before lubing.

--- End quote ---
Typing feel isn't softer than tray mount/top mount? 
I also wonder how far can you mod this KB, could you remove/cut the sillicon and use actual gaskets?

Fraaaan:

--- Quote from: Leopard223 on Sat, 26 June 2021, 13:22:51 ---
--- Quote from: Fraaaan on Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:12:41 ---I have the 67 Lite from the first round and I enjoy it very much.

The "gasket" is pretty much used as a marketing term, though. The hard silicone that sits in-between the PCB and plate is sandwiched between the top and bottom case. You won't get any flex with this thing during regular use even if you're a pretty heavy typist but is still feels way better than a tray mount which is fantastic at this price point. Bezels aren't too thin and it sounds pretty alright IMO. Comes with a carrying case as well.

It's a great first or seconds board or if you're looking for something hotswappable to try switches on or even for breaking in switches before lubing.

--- End quote ---
Typing feel isn't softer than tray mount/top mount? 
I also wonder how far can you mod this KB, could you remove/cut the sillicon and use actual gaskets?

--- End quote ---

I haven't typed on a top mount board but I can't imagine it being much different from this. It's still much better than tray mount as I mentioned already.

You can't remove the silicone because it's a part of the mounting system of the board.

phinix:
DHL or Fedex, thats what says my order, so should be 4-5 days in UK.
However, its not shipped yet, I hope to get an email soon.

HungerMechanic:
I had an R1 and it was great. Truly everything it was hyped up to be.

Smoky transparent case was the perfect colour, versatile with many sets. Typing felt tight and clacky. Hotswap sockets had the right amount of clearance.

What was most amazing about it, to me, was the sound. It was thockier than other boards, and made linears and tactiles sound good. Light tactiles like TTC Watermelon Milkshake, Taro Ball, SP Star Meteor Orange, and other recent tactiles could be made to sound good in it.

The lighting was also excellent and tasteful in the transparent case, and Dragonfruit switches would look great on it if the switches themselves were good to use. The spacebar was actually pretty thocky too [using C3 V3 stabilizers] and everything was straight and consistent.

I sold mine because I don't particularly need a thocky keyboard, and the 65% layout just wasn't working for me.

I instead pre-ordered an IKKI68 Aurora. I think the 70% layout will work out better for me, and it's easier to mute the board. But in a sound test between KBD67 Lite, IKKI68 Aurora, and Portico that I saw recently, the KBD67 Lite was definitely the thockiest and best-sounding, and I think it would really be a crowd-pleaser.

phinix:
Mine came in few days ago, built it with stock stabs and Zealios 78g I just lubed recently.

This is how I would like all my keyboards sound and feel.
Thocky like I never heard before, typing on lubed Zealios 78g is amaizng, with GMK caps it sounds pretty deep. Even stock stabs are good enough.

I really wish it was TKL.

I'll keep this one for couple of months at least, till I finally hit and buy Frog TKL. I know it wont be the same, but at least it will be a bit closer - and TKL.
Looks like I need TKL, it is my perfect size, navigation clusters on proper positions etc

I wish we had pc smoky transparent TKL like this 67 lite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version