geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Domikey X GLOVE APES THEME PRODUCTS Keycaps & keyboard & Switchs & Pazzle

(1/10) > >>

GLOVE:
Hello everyone! This is Glove Studio,A design team from China.

Open GH and DISCORD accounts starting today.

This is a previous keycap design work:Domikey X GLOVE Studio AvoStar SA  Keycap

We are happy to introduce you to our brand-new design – Apes, inspired by the Planet of the Apes movie series.
The main character Caesar is an evolved chimpanzee who is the leader of the Ape Army and the adoptive son of human.
Caesar leads his fellow apes in a rebellion against abusive handlers and the police by unleashing the deadly ALZ-113 virus.
 Caesar tries to seize dominance over the destiny of his own as well as the entire species.
The iconic scene where Caesar shoutout “NO!” in the first movie series was quite an impression for us!!

Getting back to the design, the beige color in the set is a representation of the bones and the sand coating of guns.
while the black and dark grey not only captures the biggest distinction between human and apes – the fur.
 also matches the dark tone of the entire story.
【APES THEME PRODUCTS】

1.SA Apes Keycap Set
2.Apes75 Keyboard Kit (collab with Colossus75)
3.Apes Resin Artisan Keycap
4.Chimp Switches and Bullet Swithes
5.Apes Puzzle

1.SA Apes Keycap Set

The beige color in the set is a representation of the bones and the coating of guns.
while the black and dark grey not only captures the biggest distinction between human and apes – the fur.
 also matches the dark tone of the entire story.

The effect of keycaps under different keyboards

[GB Period] TBD
[GB Vendors] DROP Elboard
[Stock Sale] Kprepublic
[Lead Time] The production is scheduled to be finished in Oct. 2021.
[Pricing] TBD
[Specs] Produced by Domikey, SA profile, ABS double shot

Note: This keycap part of the keys will use a new mold, repair the previous similar ">." key character displacement problem.

2.Apes75 Keyboard Kit (collab with Colossus75)
Long before I started to design this keycap set, I had been looking for a keyboard kit which can utilize the sand color gunmetal coating.
One day I was just chatting with Zhou (the designer of Zhou65/Korno65) and he told me Colossus75 will be using coatings that can make this idea come true. So here comes our collab!!

[IC] Colossus75 Custom Keyboard by DiMi Studio

Colossus 75 Summary of Specs

75% layout
Top mount or an unconventional gasket mount, your choice!
7-degree typing angle
Seamless design
VIA/QMK compatible PCB with RGB lighting
Priced at $2xx (APES-75 will be a little bit higher than Colossus 75 due to the addition of the counterweight nameplate)
[GB Vendors]  Elboard

Apes75  Introduction
1.See the post for Colossus75 here. One major change compared to the original Colossus75 is that we carved out a small window on the weight to allow for a 7cmX2.6cm customized plate.
2.The bottom case will be engraved with “APES”

We are considering two different manufacturing techniques for the customized plate:
1.UV printing on the anodized coating to preserve the sandy feeling (similar to the small plates from MatrixLab).
2.Laser Engraving on Stainless Steel

Bullet Clip

The idea is to use a dozen imitation bullets to make a resin wrist rest.
In my opinion, we custom keeb enthusiasts installing keycaps is very much alike soldiers loading their bullet clips. Now it’s time to properly load our mech weapon on the desk with this rest.
(Might be cancelled if bounded by some laws)

3.Apes Resin Artisan Keycap

The design is based on the facial express when Caesar shoutout “NO!”, with an emphasis on the fangs to make him even angrier.

Now we are still prototyping the resin keycap and the release will be later than the SA Apes keycap set.

4.Chimp Switches & Bullet Swithes
We would also like to introduce two switches come along with our theme.

both of which will be designed by Glove Studio, supervised by Domikey, and manufactured by Kailh.

The first one is Chimp Silent Linear Switch.
Just like the army of Champs sneaking into the base of enemies, silent, but powerful, waiting for the right moment to charge,
the Chimp switch uses Kailh linear silent V2 mold, and the Chimp Switch is the first one to utilized this mold in the market.

The second one is Bullet Clicky Switch.
 Battle is on!! Machine guns crossing fire!!
Exactly what clicky switches sound like.
The Bullet switch uses Kailh Box Master mold, and the Chi Bullet Switch will be the first one to utilized this mold in the market.

[GB Vendors] DROP Elboard
[Stock Sale] Kprepublic
[GB Period] 2 months later than the SA Apes GB closes
[Pack] Will be sold in 70/90/100/110 packs

[Chimp Silent Linear Switch]
Kailh’s brand-new linear silent V2 mold
All POM
Prolonged 45g spring
More specs on the weights will be updated soon after the tests
Price: TBD

[Bullet Clicky Switch]
Kailh’s brand-new Box Master mold, similar to Jade switch, comes with light diffusion
POM stem, POM bottom, PC top-housing.
Prolonged 45g spring
More specs on the weights will be updated soon after the tests
Price: TBD

Switches are being prototyped and we will release more info later.
5.Apes Puzzle

For us custom keeb fans, the keyboard is both a tool and artwork, some enthusiasts would even prefer to display the fully built keyboard than to actually use it.
Buy and sell in the mech market is very common but sometimes we would start to miss the keycaps/keyboards we sold.
What if there is an option for us to preserve the memory with a small, inexpensive art piece?
This is where the idea of Keycap Puzzle comes from.

I am a huge fan of art frame, and I would always frame some the small gadgets I love and hang them on the wall,

which inspired me to recreate my keycap design onto a thick paper board and make it detachable like stamps.

[Size of the puzzle] The final size of the puzzle is 1/2 of the size of the real keyboard keycap, which is A4 size cardboard

puzzle sample picture

Note:1.The puzzle may be sent as a gift for the keycap set and the keycap at the same time.
2.The frame is the picture is for illustration purpose and will not be included in the package.

Vendors
   North America: ELBoard
   Worldwide: Drop

Stock Sale
Kprepublic

Acknowledge
This is my first time posting on Geekhack, pardon for my poor English in the communication,
and the response might not be very timely due to that.

Thanks Jack from ELBoard (https://elboard.store/) for translating the text in this post.
Purchase with ELBoard to earn special gifts for each order.

Welcome everyone to join our Discord: GLOVE.STUDIO

Welcome all to comment for your valuable suggestions!!

ShiroMoria:
heiliger bimbam :o

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MrBingo:
Holy molly, this set and the renders look awesome, nice freaking job!  :thumb:

novelflyer:
I like the artisan and the novelties. Do you have sound test for the switches?
GLWIC

Neely_12:
Don’t really understand the puzzle, but everything else looks pretty good. Forced accents on the base kit is something I would like to see changed. Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version