Author Topic: Tactical Flashlights! Lets start from here...  (Read 3703 times)

Offline panda-R

Tactical Flashlights! Lets start from here...
« on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 12:46:04 »
I need to start preparing for the eventual apocalypse. Any recommendations for flashlights? I was thinking of 4sevens or sunnywayman...
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline instantkamera

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 12:52:32 »
tactile flashlight??

http://www.fleshlight.com/

nsfw
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 15:19:17 »
You might find this similar thread useful. My post is still applicable.

Quote from: TheSoulhunter;314436
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forum.php

p much

to participate on CPF, manage to make a few posts that don't sound contrived; it might take some lurking to see if you might fit in and to figure out the procedure for how questions are asked and answered, but you will certainly get enthusiastic answers if you ask correctly..

Offline mr_a500

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 15:48:03 »
What a coincidence... I was planning on preparing for the eventual apocalypse too.

For a while I've been meaning to replace my pathetic 20-year-old micro flashlight with something more powerful.

I'd want something solid, waterproof, shatterproof and super small. (small enough to shove up my ass in an emergency)

Is there anything that works on kinetic power so you don't have to put in batteries? If there is an apocalypse, I doubt Radio Shack will stay open.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 16:02:20 »
Quote from: mr_a500;314471
What a coincidence... I was planning on preparing for the eventual apocalypse too.

Is there anything that works on kinetic power so you don't have to put in batteries? If there is an apocalypse, I doubt Radio Shack will stay open.

I'm investing in some solar panel chargers for my batts. Also I think i won't live long enough in the apocalypse to see my batteries not being able to hold a charge.

Offline nanu

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 16:41:09 »
4Sevens and Fenix lights are standard fare "tacticool" LED lights. I have a Quark 123T and QMini AA NW I use often, and a LD-15 stashed in the car.

Quote from: mr_a500;314471
I'd want something solid, waterproof, shatterproof and super small. (small enough to shove up my ass in an emergency)

Is there anything that works on kinetic power
Incredibly difficult set of requirements, especially something also kinetic. The 38DD (a custom light) is viably small and sufficient enough to keep on your person at all times, perhaps helping you access a more capable flashlight if the time comes. Titanium being hypoallergenic could also do well up your posterior, although the initial 38DD design has some sharp edges..

Given that modern LED flashlights often have small and complex circuitry, my HDS Clicky is apparently EMP-proof but rarely would anyone ever consider that, much less as a basis for a purchase.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2011, 16:46:06 by nanu »

Offline typo

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 21:23:11 »
i used to spend a lot of time at cpf. like a few years ago.

for something you can just get in a store surefire is much nicer than fenix. they might seem expensive until you know what custom lights can cost. i think the outdoorsman led is a good first light. the fenix p1d is cheap enough to put in your butt but may be uncomfortable if you are a tight-a$$ lol.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 01:21:17 »
nanu u are the hardcore flashlight guy.

Offline nanu

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 04:20:58 »
Quote from: panda-R;314646
nanu u are the hardcore flashlight guy.

Not quite; that whimsical hobby soon resumed hibernation again, and hopefully remains that way for another several years (the longer the better for my wallet!)

Offline godly_music

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 04:21:53 »
I got a Fenix LD20 R5. It's a good little allrounder, and very competitively priced. The XP-G R5 is the latest upgrade, it also exists as an R4 (pretty much identical with lower runtime) and Q5 (less flood, more throw).

Offline Surly73

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 09:17:14 »
Oh great, yet another obsessive, gear-based hobby to get into and spend money on...

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 11:13:30 »
If you're gearing up for the apocalypse I think one of the longer LED maglites (some 12-15 inches) would be your best bet. They light well, hold a charge for a long time, and can be doubled as a weapon if the need be (the best part of the maglite's length). Also, they're very tough and durable.

If you're looking for a flashlight for any sort of practical reasons, I can't help you. The EMP-proof flashlight is pretty awesome, though. I might need to pick one up just in case.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline panda-R

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 11:42:15 »
thats the best scene of the entire movie!~