geekhack Community > Keyboards

Unpopular Keyboard Opinions

<< < (1152/1258) > >>

Leopard223:

--- Quote from: problemxyz on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:22:59 ---I find TKL keyboards plain weird to look at. Typing on them and moving your hand towards the arrow keys makes your hand drop besides the keyboard. I can't get used to it.
75% designs like the gorgeous Satisfaction75 are what 75% designs are supposed to be.
If you designed a car which is a sedan and you want to make a coupé version, you don't simply get rid of the backdoors and simply move the backwindow close to the front seats but leave all the shapes exactly how they are. That's how TKL's are to me.

--- End quote ---
Do people actually use the keys above the arrow aside for Print screen and Delete? I'll imagine people like the spacing enough to not care about the bulkyness.

_rubik:

--- Quote from: problemxyz on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:22:59 ---I find TKL keyboards plain weird to look at. Typing on them and moving your hand towards the arrow keys makes your hand drop besides the keyboard. I can't get used to it.
75% designs like the gorgeous Satisfaction75 are what 75% designs are supposed to be.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't the Satisfaction still cause your hand to drop as well? In either case, the arrow keys are R4. If anything, the Satisfaction75's "nav cluster" is dropped lower than R4 by some fraction, so that's an even further vertical gap between arrows and the home row.

Wouldn't the ideal be a split space (or some other easily accessible left handed layer button) and hjkl arrows?

--- Quote from: Leopard223 on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:34:27 ---Do people actually use the keys above the arrow aside for Print screen and Delete? I'll imagine people like the spacing enough to not care about the bulkyness.

--- End quote ---

I actually use pgup/pgdown with my right thumb when my hand is rested on my mouse (ball mouse). Seems funky, but it's actually pretty comfortable. Handy for web browsing and reading articles.

Nerif:

--- Quote from: iri on Wed, 25 August 2021, 13:03:26 ---Preferences might change with time though. I used to like Clears, but now I use linearised Orange Alps that are what, 45g?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, preferences really have this tendency. Today you can't even pretend that there is something better than your Razer Blackwidow 2014 with Razer Green switches, half a year later you think that the genuine Cherry MX Red swtiches are superior to anything else, and 4 years later... You think that your customised as hell HHKB is not as good and you want it to be.

Faceman76:

--- Quote from: Leopard223 on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:34:27 ---Do people actually use the keys above the arrow aside for Print screen and Delete? I'll imagine people like the spacing enough to not care about the bulkyness.

--- End quote ---
I use Shift+Home, Shift+End and Delete frequently.  The Snip Tool has eliminated my need for the Print Screen key.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

problemxyz:

--- Quote from: _rubik on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:36:02 ---
Wouldn't the Satisfaction still cause your hand to drop as well? In either case, the arrow keys are R4. If anything, the Satisfaction75's "nav cluster" is dropped lower than R4 by some fraction, so that's an even further vertical gap between arrows and the home row.

--- End quote ---

No because the arrow keys are close enough so you don't have to be flailing your forearm across the room just to get to your arrow keys. So your handposition kindof stays homerow-ish. Much closer like a 65% procent would.

--- Quote from: _rubik on Wed, 25 August 2021, 15:36:02 ---Wouldn't the ideal be a split space (or some other easily accessible left handed layer button) and hjkl arrows?

--- End quote ---
That would be much better. I have a 75% on the way because of the looks, while I intend to program it for capslock and then i,j,k,l.

--- End quote ---

I actually use pgup/pgdown with my right thumb when my hand is rested on my mouse (ball mouse). Seems funky, but it's actually pretty comfortable. Handy for web browsing and reading articles.
[/quote]

That makes a lot of sense actually. I love those kind of shortcuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version