Author Topic: Keycap & Keyboard Photography  (Read 2186241 times)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Keycap & Keyboard Photography
« Reply #4000 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 19:35:58 »
Show Image

I just realized you have a Granite Sindarin key....jealous  >:D

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #4001 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 23:08:55 »

Originative Pink RU by thosepeoples, on Flickr

Put the mx pcb back into my orion for a photoshoot with the Originative Pink Cyrillic I got today. Unfortunately it was a 60% set so I had to mix and match for the f row and right cluster :-[ I really should get a beige set...
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4002 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:22:12 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Unsure which shot I like better, pretty new to photography but am liking the results so far.

Nikon D5500 w/18-55mm lens

Bottom one

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4003 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:12:36 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Unsure which shot I like better, pretty new to photography but am liking the results so far.

Bottom one

Yeah I agree. Good luck with the partaaay!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4004 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 05:49:42 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You like that camera?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4005 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:14:49 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You like that camera?

To be honest it's my first DSLR and really only my second digital camera. I had been using an old Cannon 8 megapixel point n' shoot for several years and decided to upgrade before a trip to the UK. Anyway, I do really like the Nikon. I didn't think I would use the touch screen on it, but it has proven to be very useful. Also, swiveling the touch screen out for strange angles is extremely helpful. Overall the camera takes phenomenal pictures, really it's just the cameraman that needs to figure his s*** out  :)). I've heard Cannons tend to have a bit better quality at high ISO levels, but I haven't noticed too much noise with the Nikon.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #4006 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 10:30:31 »
Show Image

Didn't come out as well as I imagined ;\

Colours are on point in this photo, I really like it

Thanks man. I did spend a a good amount of time increasing luminosity and hue/saturation of gold and blues... and added blue to the shadows and gold to highlights :)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4007 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:59:09 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You like that camera?

To be honest it's my first DSLR and really only my second digital camera. I had been using an old Cannon 8 megapixel point n' shoot for several years and decided to upgrade before a trip to the UK. Anyway, I do really like the Nikon. I didn't think I would use the touch screen on it, but it has proven to be very useful. Also, swiveling the touch screen out for strange angles is extremely helpful. Overall the camera takes phenomenal pictures, really it's just the cameraman that needs to figure his s*** out  :)). I've heard Cannons tend to have a bit better quality at high ISO levels, but I haven't noticed too much noise with the Nikon.

Mmmm I want one... but I already have SO MANY expensive hobbies... man... Was it expensive? Got extra lenses or or filters alongside it?

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4008 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 15:17:53 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You like that camera?

Mmmm I want one... but I already have SO MANY expensive hobbies... man... Was it expensive? Got extra lenses or or filters alongside it?

Yeah it definitely is somewhat expensive to get into photography. I think I got it on sale for $700(??). But, once you have the camera you don't have to buy other lenses/filters/etc. So far I've been using the stock 18-55mm lens that came with the body for landscapes, portraits, micro, etc. Other than that I purchased a polarized filter ($30) and an SD card (16gb ~$25 on sale) and haven't needed to purchase anything else. In my opinion, although it is expensive to get started in photography, once you have the essentials (camera, SD, tripod[?]) you can go really far before having to upgrade. Plus it's really fun to just mess around in the manual mode, figuring out what looks good and more importantly what looks bad. You could always buy a used camera to mess around with before you pull the trigger on a $600+ investment.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4009 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 08:24:38 »
IBM Reaper Classics

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

You like that camera?

Yeah it definitely is somewhat expensive to get into photography. I think I got it on sale for $700(??). But, once you have the camera you don't have to buy other lenses/filters/etc. So far I've been using the stock 18-55mm lens that came with the body for landscapes, portraits, micro, etc. Other than that I purchased a polarized filter ($30) and an SD card (16gb ~$25 on sale) and haven't needed to purchase anything else. In my opinion, although it is expensive to get started in photography, once you have the essentials (camera, SD, tripod[?]) you can go really far before having to upgrade. Plus it's really fun to just mess around in the manual mode, figuring out what looks good and more importantly what looks bad. You could always buy a used camera to mess around with before you pull the trigger on a $600+ investment.

That's not expensive at all honestly. Yes, it is a lot of money, but I was thinking more around 2000 dollars.

It would be cool to do photography again... relaxing and working with technology at the same time.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4010 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:07:58 »
Quote from: thatsmrdoctortoyou link=topic=43865.msg2131551#msg2131551 [/quote

Btw.. have you considered the Nikon D7200 as well?

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4011 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:21:47 »

Looks like a great camera! When I was comparing DSLRs I was really looking at "entry level" cameras I guess you could say. My options came down to Nikon D5500 versus Cannon Rebel T5i.

But hey, the 7200 seems like a great body. Coupled with the right lens you are setup to take some great photos!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4012 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:23:41 »

Looks like a great camera! When I was comparing DSLRs I was really looking at "entry level" cameras I guess you could say. My options came down to Nikon D5500 versus Cannon Rebel T5i.

But hey, the 7200 seems like a great body. Coupled with the right lens you are setup to take some great photos!

My wallet and I... we have a love-hate relationship. Do you have a lightbox as well? I think I'm gonna build a lightbox. Nice project to work on.

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4013 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 11:25:17 »

My wallet and I... we have a love-hate relationship. Do you have a lightbox as well? I think I'm gonna build a lightbox. Nice project to work on.

I feel ya there...I don't have one yet but have really considering making one.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4014 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:27:32 »

I haven't used this potato in awhile

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4015 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 16:31:55 »
Show Image

Nice! What board is that?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4016 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 17:46:55 »
Show Image

Nice! What board is that?

Sprit 60%

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4017 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 23:12:24 »

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4018 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 23:49:03 »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4019 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 01:01:19 »
Show Image

You should make this one your avy.

Offline Mad_Maxx

« Reply #4020 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 01:59:20 »
Show Image

HHKB Club's jimmies are tingling.
Bad switches is the only thing that I like

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4021 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 02:00:26 »
Show Image

But then it won't match my star :(

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #4022 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 04:48:36 »
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4023 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 04:59:19 »
Show Image

Nice... did you shoot that on leather?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4024 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 07:38:27 »
Show Image
Show Image

what camera bro?

your photo looks amazing

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4025 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 07:40:56 »
Show Image

Nice... did you shoot that on leather?

Thanks! And no, actually it's just black formica. This picture was taken on a lapdesk that my dad made a long time ago.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #4026 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 08:55:51 »
Show Image
Show Image

what camera bro?

your photo looks amazing
Canon 60D + 15-85mm
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4027 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 08:58:44 »

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #4028 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:23:28 »

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #4029 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 12:11:20 »
Show Image
Show Image

I should have ordered the novelty set when it was available... How close is the EVA novelty orange to the Carbon orange?
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4030 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 16:32:46 »
Some old pics I found on my phone

134008-0

134010-1

134016-2

134018-3
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 April 2016, 16:34:22 by mason »

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #4031 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 23:53:03 »
Show Image
Show Image

I should have ordered the novelty set when it was available... How close is the EVA novelty orange to the Carbon orange?
Very similar in person!

Offline rurushu

« Reply #4032 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 10:19:03 »
Show Image
Show Image

Very similar in person!
Show Image

that 1 UNIT keycap... is not 1u.... damn my OCD....

but nice keyset!

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #4033 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 10:24:17 »
KUL ES-87: Krytox GPL205/105 lubed Cherry MX Clear, clipped stabilizers, 62g SPRiT 24k springs, TEMPORARY Vortex PBT Keycap set (awaiting Pulse, Nantucket Select & Granite)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4034 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:21:19 »
IBM Model M, blank blue ctrl keys and reaper classics.

134097-0
134099-1

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4035 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:24:13 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

DAT PEN THOUGH.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4036 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:28:39 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:32:40 by alienman82 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4037 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:29:23 »
Gonna make me lightbox tomorrow. D7200 should arrive tomorrow as well.

Time to make some fiiinnneee cap pics.

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4038 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:42:02 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

DAT PEN THOUGH.

Yeah I didn't realize how much blue I have on my desk - not pictured is a blue mouse pad. The blue pen seemed to tie the the blue theme together so I went for it  :))

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4039 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 15:56:44 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

DAT PEN THOUGH.

Yeah I didn't realize how much blue I have on my desk - not pictured is a blue mouse pad. The blue pen seemed to tie the the blue theme together so I went for it  :))

I admire the lack of a windows key. That blue is really pretty on that board. So crisp and clean. mmm

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #4040 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 16:29:22 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

DAT PEN THOUGH.

I admire the lack of a windows key. That blue is really pretty on that board. So crisp and clean. mmm

You know initially I had the blue key on the alt location as the keycaps themselves are form the RGB blank modifiers for buckling springs. After realizing that the ctrl and alt keys are the same size, I immediately switched the blue caps to the ctrl position. I'm not even a huge fan of blue, but I have to say that I like the look of the blue on this board.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #4041 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 18:49:21 »
recent aquision with OG dyesubs (G81-3000SSP in great condition)

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4042 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 19:11:51 »
KUL ES-87: Krytox GPL205/105 lubed Cherry MX Clear, clipped stabilizers, 62g SPRiT 24k springs, TEMPORARY Vortex PBT Keycap set (awaiting Pulse, Nantucket Select & Granite)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That light blue looks really good on the white  :thumb:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4043 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 21:08:27 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4045 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 07:19:13 »
Got my new DSLR! Nikon D7200 with 18-140

134169-0
134171-1
134173-2

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #4046 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 13:27:41 »
Quick picture of my purps. Taken with A7s, Canon thrifty fifty at f1.8, natural light at a bajillion ISO, and a crappy filter done on my phone.

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 13:29:39 by jb1830 »

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #4047 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 13:59:52 »
Quick picture of my purps. Taken with A7s, Canon thrifty fifty at f1.8, natural light at a bajillion ISO, and a crappy filter done on my phone.

Show Image

Dat purple looks great!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4048 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 15:13:29 »

Show Image

Still looks really nice though.. where does the lighting come from?

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #4049 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 19:10:56 »

Still looks really nice though.. where does the lighting come from?

Thanks. Single 100 watt edison bulb on the ceiling fan.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck