Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivia++  (Read 144774 times)

Offline nappis

Re: [IC] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 08:12:16 »
This IC is ****e

Offline honoka

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:37:59 »
This IC is ****e

Yes! Beyond ****e. I have been trying to raise awareness but fan boisss are stuck in Stockholm syndrome  :)

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:47:09 »
This IC is ****e

Yes! Beyond ****e. I have been trying to raise awareness but fan boisss are stuck in Stockholm syndrome  :)
Interest checks are hype train ad space once you become too big to fail

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:50:42 »
This IC is ****e

Interest checks are hype train ad space once you become too big to fail
I wonder what r2 of an existing set. I can't use the search feature to find what this set looks like...

What a tragedy

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline bukowski

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 02:04:40 »
What about NorDeUK

Can we have this added to every base
Since this is going to be even more popular than Oblivion v2 I have no doubt that we will get NorDeUK. It will reach MOQ in an instant. :-)

Offline andtar2

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 02:50:55 »
Yes, please reconsider a NorDeUk kit!

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 04:37:41 »
tic tac tic tac tic tac......

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 12:29:12 »
Really anxious to see the kits offered!?
Doubt we'll get a Colevrak kit but if so, Merry Christmas to ME!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:11:32 »
Really anxious to see the kits offered!?
Doubt we'll get a Colevrak kit but if so, Merry Christmas to ME!
It was confirmed that there will be no Colevrak or Nordeuk kits in an earlier comment

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 19:45:41 »
As long as it's not icon mods and alpha colored spacebars are in the base kit, it'll be fine.

Offline honoka

« Reply #260 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 04:31:32 »
I mean we should be able to do a addon buy with the kits we want.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #261 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 12:55:58 »
Can we organize that ourselfs without the original creator of the set? I mean GMK lets you choose colours and pick kits, so technically there is no need for the one true Olivia to run GMK Olivia Colevrak/NorDeUK right?

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 12:57:00 »
Can we organize that ourselfs without the original creator of the set? I mean GMK lets you choose colours and pick kits, so technically there is no need for the one true Olivia to run GMK Olivia Colevrak/NorDeUK right?
Maybe you could you just gotta ask olivia for permission, as gmk wouldn't let you run without that.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline jakereps

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 13:08:02 »
Maybe you could you just gotta ask olivia for permission, as gmk wouldn't let you run without that.

Is that actually the case? I'm not advocating for doing a run w/o designer permissions, but I thought GMK will make you whatever you want - I thought it's community blowback that stops people from running others sets/colors?

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 13:37:32 »

Is that actually the case? I'm not advocating for doing a run w/o designer permissions, but I thought GMK will make you whatever you want - I thought it's community blowback that stops people from running others sets/colors?

from what i know, gmk wont do it, because is a custom color, kingnestea explained that even if kono store wants to run gmk camping, gmk would ask for his permission, so in context you could run an addon pack if its not using custom colors i guess.

Offline honoka

« Reply #265 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 13:59:43 »
Of course it shouldn't be done without permission, if permission is needed.
I dont see why permission wouldn't be granted though. Selling more base kits without needing to worry about norde and colevrak moq '
should be a win-win.

Offline brln

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 15:57:02 »
Can't we just do some poll or so beforehand? To gauge if the overall demand for these extra sets is there?
I don't understand why you wouldn't run those; I can't imagine not hitting the MOQ is the reason...

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 17:07:28 »
Can't we just do some poll or so beforehand? To gauge if the overall demand for these extra sets is there?
I don't understand why you wouldn't run those; I can't imagine not hitting the MOQ is the reason...
IC's aren't for gauging demand, they are for producing hype.

Offline brln

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 17:32:59 »

So... interests checks aren't for checking interest ??

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 17:38:20 »
Go ahead, build the kits get a quote from GMK, sell 3 norde and colevrak kits and then refund it and call it a day

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 18:04:29 »

So... interests checks aren't for checking interest ??
Correct, just look at this thread

Offline honoka

« Reply #271 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 05:21:42 »
Go ahead, build the kits get a quote from GMK, sell 3 norde and colevrak kits and then refund it and call it a day

I would buy 100 of each just to prove you wrong. You not being interested in something does not mean much. You are one person. You have one opinion. Now imagine many people with many different opinions.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 05:34:26 »

This is not the csgo-subreddit. Find somewhere else to be a douche.

I would buy 100 of each just to prove you wrong. You not being interested in something does not mean much. You are one person. You have one opinion. Now imagine many people with many different opinions.
Lets split, I‘ll go for 50 as well ;-)

Offline Imperilous

« Reply #273 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 07:51:51 »
Lets split, I‘ll go for 50 as well ;-)
I'll join the split. 33,33 sets each ;)

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #274 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 09:21:04 »

It's the same story in every thread. Look at the lastest oblivion: 1.6k base kits sold, 61 colverak and 113 international kits. Jamon: 846 base, 37 iso kits. 9009 R3: 445 base, 11 norde kits.

If I was designing a keyset, I wouldn't waste time on child kits sell an average of 4% compared to moq. So if you really want to prove me wrong go ahead spend the 5k getting the child kits to moq. Because if you're looking at it from a business perspective, you're not selling 100 norde kits unless 2.6k+ units of Olivia++ sell.

Offline brln

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 10:40:47 »
Undeniably these kits are for a fraction of the fanbase. But that does not justify to
a) ignore this fraction just because they're below some threshold (you individually have in mind)
b) be a **** about it.
From my perspective it's the whole point within this interest check thread to indicate interest on these kits. Contrary to the opinion of others...

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #276 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 13:37:55 »

It's the same story in every thread. Look at the lastest oblivion: 1.6k base kits sold, 61 colverak and 113 international kits. Jamon: 846 base, 37 iso kits. 9009 R3: 445 base, 11 norde kits.

If I was designing a keyset, I wouldn't waste time on child kits sell an average of 4% compared to moq. So if you really want to prove me wrong go ahead spend the 5k getting the child kits to moq. Because if you're looking at it from a business perspective, you're not selling 100 norde kits unless 2.6k+ units of Olivia++ sell.
I'd love to know where you get the numbers on your proposed losses of alternative kits to the overall sale. Oblivion's original moq for 125$ was 500 base kits. It surpassed it so far that a new price drop at 1000 kits came into play. It eventually ended up at over 3 times the original moq of 500. Colverak and International both hit past their moq, so I don't know how that fits "the same story," but I would LOVE to pretend for a second that they did not for the sake of helping your argument and getting insight on how they "aren't worth it". Let's pretend only 1 of each kit sold with their moq's of 50 units. I'd pretend 0 sold, but then the kit would just be scrapped, no harm no foul. You're looking at 49u*$57 + 49u*75 = $6368 lost by running AND fulfilling the kits, and that's only the absolute worst case. You expect all of us to believe that 3xing the base kit moq got impacted heavily by alternative layouts?  ****, how many of base kits (or addons) do you think would not have been purchased without alternative layout kits?

I'm an alternative layout user, and I'm very down telling alternative layout users to get ****ed. Seriously I mean that. All I ask is that people say it how it is. Don't beat around the bush and try to use some weird pseudo logic to justify not running the kits on hype sets like oblivion or olivia, how it's 'not worth it'.

Offline Lazy_Borzoi

« Reply #277 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 14:31:51 »
I feel like this set will break all records in terms of sets bought.
What do you guys think?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #278 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 14:39:30 »
What do you guys think?
Of course it will

Offline bukowski

« Reply #279 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 14:39:52 »
What do you guys think?
Yes it probably will. Thats why its so embarassing that regarding olivia++ the "custom" in our "custom keyboard community" means "ansi" and thats it.

Offline InsightIsUseful

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 19:04:33 »
A Canadian source like deskhero.ca would be greatly appreciated! It’s a big hassle to get it via other sources.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 20:08:23 »
A Canadian source like deskhero.ca would be greatly appreciated! It’s a big hassle to get it via other sources.

stop
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 20:20:51 »

I pressume this is the proxy you're talking about?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2830761#msg2830761

proxies confirmed, not sure your proxy is included
Sorry everyone. Proxies are all confirmed at this point.

Offline jooobe

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 20:33:26 »
5000 kits incoming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline olivia

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 22:13:43 »
Thank you everyone for the thoughtful discussion and feedback. The intensity of this thread is awe-inspiring. I've read every comment in this thread multiple times over, and these posts have reminded me why I joined this community in the first place. Thank you  :)

To my Colevrak and NorDeUK friends, have you seen Zambumon's post?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3m-ov3FeFD/

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 23:28:46 »
Thank you everyone for the thoughtful discussion and feedback. The intensity of this thread is awe-inspiring. I've read every comment in this thread multiple times over, and these posts have reminded me why I joined this community in the first place. Thank you  :)

Can't argue with "NTdJWkNKQ1BRL3ZScUYxeGMyNHU3M0pQZlBMVlFnR0VKMXNGVlo4RFRLVHlyVEpWUEtqVHZrL2lZVDdJb0pseg==⠀"

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 00:25:37 »

Can't argue with "NTdJWkNKQ1BRL3ZScUYxeGMyNHU3M0pQZlBMVlFnR0VKMXNGVlo4RFRLVHlyVEpWUEtqVHZrL2lZVDdJb0pseg==⠀"

somebody please translate... I mean decode  :-X

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 07:45:25 »
I've seen the above posts and realize there will be no Colevrak set. But, given the huge popularity of Olivia, I had hoped there might have been an attempt to include this. Surely it would've made MOQ.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 08:48:33 »

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/solving-round-1-of-the-olivia-ic/7287?u=cijanzen

Offline dexie

« Reply #289 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 08:53:43 »

https://www.keebtalk.com/t/solving-round-1-of-the-olivia-ic/7287?u=cijanzen
Zambumon's Instagram post is another puzzle, not decoded yet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

ISO Life

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 09:20:15 »
if it's Zambumon then i bet it just says "NO"

Offline lemongrassii

• ig
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 09:56:47 »
buy 40s everyone

KMAC HAPPY × DOLINGER 2017 × ORION V3 + LIGHTPAD V2 × 280 × IDB60 × LEAF60 × 8XV1.2OG × 8XV2.0ADD × GSKT-00 × TENGU × BIAS × RF87U × HHKBP2+HHKBPC+HHKBPH TYPE-S

Offline GMK_Andy

• * Vendor
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 12:58:26 »
Bless, this looks amazing! Good luck Olivia :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 15:20:37 »

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 15:24:42 »
Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 17:46:05 »
While absolute madmen heroes like T0mb3ry or Oblotzky use successful colorways as a way to get new tooling made (good chunk of cyrillic and R0 + R5 or Space Cadet which even supported Colemak), this set won't even put out a NorDeUk kit that would make MOQ quite easily...

This is a nice colorway, but given the overwhelming popularity you could definately take a few (small) risks and run a child kit with lower profit margins (even if you sold it for less "profit", the extra 75 base kits it would help sell could be 5% of total sales) and make an even better product.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 20:16:30 »
While absolute madmen heroes like T0mb3ry or Oblotzky use successful colorways as a way to get new tooling made (good chunk of cyrillic and R0 + R5 or Space Cadet which even supported Colemak), this set won't even put out a NorDeUk kit that would make MOQ quite easily...

This is a nice colorway, but given the overwhelming popularity you could definately take a few (small) risks and run a child kit with lower profit margins (even if you sold it for less "profit", the extra 75 base kits it would help sell could be 5% of total sales) and make an even better product.

that's a no
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pulstura

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 20:56:29 »
Is there anymore news about this?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #298 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 21:13:28 »
Is there anymore news about this?
What news are you looking for? It's launching December 1st

Offline joerush25

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 00:02:56 »
Can we get some teaser pics of the deskmats for hype?
Acrylic Tofu w/ Lubed Tealios