Author Topic: [GB] GMK Terror Below | Important update for M&Co customers  (Read 278912 times)

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
Re: [GB] GMK Terror Below | Final numbers
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 18 July 2023, 20:29:32 »
Does this also affect Orders on other Vendors like me in Europe with an order at candykeys?
No.

Offline wei0526

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 21 July 2023, 00:39:55 »
Guys, I noticed the things happened in Mech&co. I paid for the money several years ago. Is it still possible to refund it?

Offline lycantivis

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 21 July 2023, 00:48:52 »
Guys, I noticed the things happened in Mech&co. I paid for the money several years ago. Is it still possible to refund it?
Through your bank/credit card, maybe.  Depends on their time limits.  I was able to with my credit card.

Offline wei0526

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 21 July 2023, 01:21:06 »
Through your bank/credit card, maybe.  Depends on their time limits.  I was able to with my credit card.
Thanks. I tried to refund through chase app. But it doesn’t allow me to do that. I will call them tomorrow morning to see whether it is refundable.

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 21 July 2023, 09:27:33 »
Thanks. I tried to refund through chase app. But it doesn’t allow me to do that. I will call them tomorrow morning to see whether it is refundable.

Yeah, you'll typically have to call them to get a chargeback initiated.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 10:17:16 »
Despite the efforts and initially positive interactions with Mechs & Co regarding getting GMK Terror Below, GMK Art, and MW Heresy sets shipped out, communication has stopped. At this moment there's nothing more we can do about it. We would like to thank everyone for their support and patience.

Offline Afresh

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 26 July 2023, 08:26:27 »
Deskmats have been produced and will be shipped to vendors.

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 07:10:36 »
Deskmats have been produced and will be shipped to vendors.

International deskmats only, US deskmats have not been ordered.

Offline ELE.WORKS

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 13:42:27 »
ok,the color is my like,but gmk production cycle······

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 14:29:19 »

What exactly are you talking about? This set already finished being produced.

Offline youpokedthebear

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 28 July 2023, 18:14:57 »

It did finish production and I got my set today from zFrontier. The color shown in the renderings is wayyyy darker green than what the final production is - I was a bit disappointed when I saw them.

Offline demigodvn

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 01:32:40 »
Really dissapointed by the color, too bright. Gonna sell it right away.

Offline Helskor

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 05:33:38 »

Would be nice to see a picture, still waiting on my set here in the UK

Offline Afresh

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 06:31:27 »

Here are few pictures from my discord

Offline Helskor

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 01 August 2023, 15:19:29 »

Here are few pictures from my discord

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks, looks great to me (but what do I know, I do like it) - can't wait for UK vendor to start shipping out

Offline Afresh

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 11:46:45 »
Hello,

Thank you for your patience while we try to navigate this difficult situation. We have been able to contact M&Co and coordinate the potential delivery of GMK Terror Below to GB customers.

CannonKeys has graciously offered to pick up the goods and deliver them to GB customers (at their own cost of labor, time, gas, shipping supplies, etc). They have also paid for M&Co’s shopify subscription (delinquent charges plus multiple months in advance) so M&Co could get their account unlocked and regain access to customer data as well as the ability to refund. Unfortunately, since M&Co doesn’t have the funds to cover shipping costs, CannonKeys will be asking customers to cover the cost of shipping from CannonKeys to customers.

Any M&Co customer with an active GMK Terror Below order should have received a “Authorization for Release of Confidential Information” form from M&Co which is needed in order for M&Co to release customer information to CannonKeys. CannonKeys will use the information only to fulfill the Terror Below GB orders. Please fill out the form so CannonKeys can reach you via email for next steps.

The plan is for CannonKeys to pick up the goods, count the items received, sort out through customer information, create orders for shipping costs, then ship the orders to folks who were unable to file a chargeback for that GB. This will take some time, so please be patient while they prepare to ship out orders.

So what should you do next? Please fill out the form that was emailed to you and hang tight. CannonKeys will be contacting you with next steps/updates.

FAQ:

Q: So this means that I’ll actually get my ordered GMK Terror Below set?
A: There are a lot of steps involved, and M&Co’s cooperation will be required to make this success. We’re hoping this process goes smoothly, and we are optimistic that we’ll have M&Co’s cooperation, but situations can also change.

Q: What about GBs x, y, z?
A: For now, CannonKeys will only deliver the Terror Below GB.

Q: I have successfully filed a chargeback for Terror Below but I still want the item, what do I do?
A: For now, CannonKeys will only fulfill orders for those who have been unsuccessful on charging back and getting their money back.

Q: How about the Deskmats for the GB?
A: Unfortunately those have not been paid for/produced, so they are not at the M&Co warehouse and cannot be fulfilled.

Q: How about the metal artisans for the GB?
A: This item has not been delivered, so these orders will not be fulfilled by default. If you’d like your order fulfilled without the artisans, please wait for CannonKeys’ email with next steps.

Q: Can I get a refund?
A: If you have been unsuccessful in filing a chargeback, unfortunately CannonKeys will not be able to refund your order as they do not have the funds from the GB.

LINK TO FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe39q8DAEQYp6DwSx-W78cT-X2tW7jtdiwGcgwjcVkyKghsJA/viewform?pli=1
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2023, 11:50:55 by Afresh »

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 11:56:03 »
Uh, so i think the possibility to get an NorDe kit i missed out when i first ordered is rising now? Ordered Basic and Novelty at Candykeys but now need the NorDe kit also. Hopefully there will be a spare kit for me at Candykeys when the dust of this all has settled…

Offline lycantivis

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 12:13:15 »

here are some other examples

Offline diyachronic

Re: [GB] GMK Terror Below | Important update for M&Co customers
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 02 August 2023, 14:05:33 »
Huge props to CannonKeys, this is unprecedented levels of support. <3

And thanks for the continued effort and updates, Afresh!

Offline discobbq

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 07:38:45 »
I received the email from m&c, but the link to the consent form does not work.

This is the email:

This is the linked consent form:

Has anyone been able to successfully reach the consent form?

---

EDIT: I received a link to this form from CannonKeys, and I also see that Afresh posted the same link on this thread a couple days ago:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe39q8DAEQYp6DwSx-W78cT-X2tW7jtdiwGcgwjcVkyKghsJA/viewform?pli=1
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2023, 08:14:22 by discobbq »

Offline Afresh

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 04 August 2023, 09:20:26 »
I received the email from m&c, but the link to the consent form does not work.

This is the email:
Show Image

This is the linked consent form:
Show Image

Has anyone been able to successfully reach the consent form?

---

EDIT: I received a link to this form from CannonKeys, and I also see that Afresh posted the same link on this thread a couple days ago:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe39q8DAEQYp6DwSx-W78cT-X2tW7jtdiwGcgwjcVkyKghsJA/viewform?pli=1

Check my update

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 19:01:29 »
I'm so thankful I looked at this thread for updates. I got the same error when visiting the link that Mechs & Co. sent. Here's hoping I get 100% of my order.

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 07:48:21 »

A: This item has not been delivered, so these orders will not be fulfilled by default. If you’d like your order fulfilled without the artisans, please wait for CannonKeys’ email with next steps.

Just dropping the line that the KeyRelic's 'The Great Old One' metal artisans were shipped and delivered to the Mechs&Co more than a year ago.

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 09:50:43 »

Just dropping the line that the KeyRelic's 'The Great Old One' metal artisans were shipped and delivered to the Mechs&Co more than a year ago.

Pretty sure this is in reference to the Thok metal artisans which had been sent to the wrong address and then returned back to Thok.

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 10:16:57 »

Pretty sure this is in reference to the Thok metal artisans which had been sent to the wrong address and then returned back to Thok.

KeyRelic produced a different artisan called  "The Great Old One" and is not related to THOK.

Offline Narcolepsy

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 15:22:24 »

KeyRelic produced a different artisan called  "The Great Old One" and is not related to THOK.

And as far as I know, the KeyRelic artisans were picked up by CannonKeys and are being sent out with orders. My invoice from CK did included them. It is only the Thok metal artisans that CK can't fulfill.

Offline Receptionitis1

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 01:42:00 »
So what avenues do people that bought deskmats through M&C have? Is there no chance of these ever being fulfilled? Would we be able to order them elsewhere? Partial refund? What's the best course of action here?

Offline Afresh

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 24 August 2023, 03:32:22 »
So what avenues do people that bought deskmats through M&C have? Is there no chance of these ever being fulfilled? Would we be able to order them elsewhere? Partial refund? What's the best course of action here?

We might be able to offer them again at cost to US buyers but that's still in the works.

Offline salaxander

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 11:39:27 »
Getting the whole canon keys thing together was amazing! Thank you so much!

For the playmats, is there any possibility of us just being able to purchase the art assets and have them printed ourselves? I had an order for one through M&C, and would still love to find a way to get one :)

Offline Afresh

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 16:08:30 »
Due to the ongoing issues at Mechs & Co. the invoice for the US deskmats did not get paid. We have however teamed up with our friends at Clackeys to give everyone another chance to get their hands on these products.

We have managed to keep the pricing as low as possible by Clackeys only covering their overhead and there being no designer split.

The MOQ for these will be 100 units per design, with pricing at $16 + p&p. This is a hard MOQ and any design that does not make MOQ will not be created.

If you would like to consider joining please fill out our IC form: https://forms.gle/8fdFUkorBTpqMwFZ6

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 17 September 2023, 23:05:07 »
Extras are live:
Includes keycaps, artisans and deskmats.

https://www.switchkeys.com.au/products/gmk-terror-below

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 18 September 2023, 00:47:17 »
Waiting for Candykeys get those NorDE in Stock. Somebody has info on this?

Offline DeathShadow

« Reply #182 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 08:31:06 »
Waiting for Candykeys get those NorDE in Stock. Somebody has info on this?

CK confirmed he only has like 6 extra sets of NorDE in total, as not many people showed interest and he bought out the MOQ only.

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #183 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 08:57:08 »
Okay, so then any tipps on getting one of those 6 Sets? Already mailed them but as far as i can tell they won’t take reservations on them for customers.

Offline DeathShadow

« Reply #184 on: Tue, 19 September 2023, 10:20:09 »
Okay, so then any tipps on getting one of those 6 Sets? Already mailed them but as far as i can tell they won’t take reservations on them for customers.
Join the discord and enable notifications. Be fast as well.
Or you can try mechmarket.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 11 October 2023, 09:53:50 »
Very disappointed in the difference in colour of the Alphas from the renders to actual set.  Far far too light in colour.  It is more like Terror Above.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline TomDoe

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 12 October 2023, 08:19:11 »
Very disappointed in the difference in colour of the Alphas from the renders to actual set.  Far far too light in colour.  It is more like Terror Above.

If you don't like it and want to get rid of a NorDE kit you may have, I would take it  ;D

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 14 October 2023, 16:30:10 »

I think some of this is from not all of the renders having the same lighting. Looking just at the kit renders on a fresh calibrated monitor under a CRI R1-R15 @ 98.5 / R9 @ 98 light they're fairly close. But there's a nearly 50% drop in brightness from the kit renders to some of the board/scene renders that have more dynamic lighting.

Light will have the same effect in real life, too. There's photos of the pantone plastic sample chips under various lighting conditions in the original post and you can see how much that impacts how light vs. dark the colors read.

Offline spikedsynapse

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 20 October 2023, 11:28:37 »
Cthalupa is exactly right. The goal was to represent what the kits would look like in what I imagine the average usage situation to be: In a dark room, with only your monitors providing light. Then letting people rely on the color chips to see it in other light. If I knew then what I know now I would have done renders in multiple lighting situations to reflect the looks in each situation.

I have to say though, the caps came out exactly as we intended. In the future I will keep this in mind with my renders. You have a valid point and I will adjust the way I work to ensure that, If you join a future GB from Afresh and I, you are not disappointed in our work again.

For now though, I know there are a lot of people who want their own copies of Terror Below as is. I hope you that you will be able to, at a minimum, get your money back from the set by reselling it.

(I hope this all makes sense, I am still under a bit of anesthesia from a procedure as I write this, so if it only makes sense to my addled brain, please know that I wish you the best)
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2023, 11:31:39 by spikedsynapse »