Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Last Day & Locking  (Read 181716 times)

Offline keebab

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Which alphas? Vote!
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 20:46:16 »
I'd be in instantly if there was glow in the dark or shine-through. Hell, I'm probably in anyway.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Finally an update! (GB/Discord/BaseKit) 2/20
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 06:41:25 »
I guess it's time for an update eh?

First off, updated/added a few renders

Results of alphas
New Kitting
Group Buy
NOVELTIES
Color Matching
What's next?
PLUG!

Results of alphas
- 70% preferred the dark blue/yellow base kit; 80% do not want to get rid of the cool grey alphas
- Therefore, the dark blue alphas are now in the base kit and the cool grey alphas are now the alternatives
- Can't please everyone! It is what it is!

New Kitting
- added 2.25/2.75 spacebars to alt alphas (omg I left out 6.25u and 7u spacebar... woops I'll re-render that asap and update)
- added 2nd ISO novelty
- re-added a few keys that I originally removed back to base kit (due to slightly lower cost due to being a 2 color set)
- one of the 2u spacebars is now a 3u in spacebar kit (help idk what I'm doing with this kit)

Group Buy
- Set for July 2021

NOVELTIES
- YES, I KNOW. I've stated that changes will need to be made, but I want to finalize every single part where there is an issue so I don't go back to my novelty designer 50 different times (please stop spamming this on IC form, I beg).

Color Matching
- Switching over to RAL and I believe I've gotten the right colors for all of them but debating between two yellows, will display the exact colors I am thinking of picking soon.

What's next?
- Finalize color matching
- Update novelties
- Find some collabs
- Get some quotes/MOQ
- Add rows/sizes of keys once kits are finalized
- Shannie will be deskmat designer
- Other stuff

PLUG!
- I made a Discord server after a few people asked, I guess I'll be more reachable there and will post updates
- Also plugging my Instagram again (currently doing a giveaway for a THOK brass cap for my current set in GB (ePBT Soju).

DISCORD SERVER

INSTAGRAM UPDATES

Offline tngpq

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 07:14:21 »
damn.. I'm betting when these are dressed on boards, the grey alphas will look exponentially better.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 10:24:16 »
Exciting update, thanks !

I hope that:
"- Find some collabs"

Includes some Artisans / Rama's. So much potential for this set  :thumb:

Offline Peko

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 12:45:47 »
Great update, definitely in for all kits.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 15:54:43 »
Is running 2 base kits possible? I mean if the interest is high enough, vendors can do that, right?

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 16:05:03 »
Is running 2 base kits possible? I mean if the interest is high enough, vendors can do that, right?

Was possible for GMK Beta: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108290.0

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 16:25:01 »

Running 2 base kits, means higher base kit cost due to lower MOQ.

Considering the split is 70% in favor of the new base kit, I think the decision to run 1 base kit at a higher MOQ and lower price, and the greys as a separate alphas is the more reasonable decision.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 17:07:17 »

Running 2 base kits, means higher base kit cost due to lower MOQ.

Considering the split is 70% in favor of the new base kit, I think the decision to run 1 base kit at a higher MOQ and lower price, and the greys as a separate alphas is the more reasonable decision.

Yep! Exactly what cookieflow said.

I had the talk with vendors, but ultimately, with the interest the set had overall, I am looking into getting a higher MOQ than the usual 250 (rather than run two expensive base kits and having one barely or not even reach MOQ).

Offline JPoc

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 17:18:57 »
really nice novelties

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 18:49:19 »
Man why do you always put out bangers.

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 16:37:08 »
Set looks amazing!! Been lurking for a long time but this will probably be my first gb. Is there any chance that the accent arrow keys will return? I really loved them and it was a big selling point for me on the original set.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 17:25:28 »
Set looks amazing!! Been lurking for a long time but this will probably be my first gb. Is there any chance that the accent arrow keys will return? I really loved them and it was a big selling point for me on the original set.

Likewise I really liked them.
Dandruff mentioned that an update was coming to the novelties.

I'm hoping to see the accent arrows come back in the novelties kit (with the same star design), as well as a few more accent novelties.
But I could understand not wanting a kit too big in order to keep the price not too high.

Offline bananathock

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 00:28:39 »
another fire set from dandruff. are you pairing this with cloudline?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 04:31:10 »

Likewise I really liked them.
Dandruff mentioned that an update was coming to the novelties.

I'm hoping to see the accent arrows come back in the novelties kit (with the same star design), as well as a few more accent novelties.
But I could understand not wanting a kit too big in order to keep the price not too high.
Due to the kit became monochrome, accent arrows are a must-have right now imo. Please add accent arrow novelties  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 13:54:56 by nvh2092 »

Offline Hexthelight

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 11:52:41 »
I don't suppose there has been any appetite for UK specific caps? I absolutely love this and would buy in in a heartbeat if I was able to use the UK layout as that's the only thing holding me back! It looks fantastic btw and my first IC participation 😊

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 04:24:25 »
I don't suppose there has been any appetite for UK specific caps? I absolutely love this and would buy in in a heartbeat if I was able to use the UK layout as that's the only thing holding me back! It looks fantastic btw and my first IC participation 😊

I asked the same earlier (I normally do every time), maybe the creator would contemplate UK ISO added into the base kit.  I also love the colours of this set a lot.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 07:57:14 »
I think adding UK support in base kit is pretty strange.
It raises the price for everybody else, for something only an extremely small % of people use.
And if you add UK support in the base kit, then french people might want to add FR support in base kit also etc.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 08:27:39 »
I think adding UK support in base kit is pretty strange.
It raises the price for everybody else, for something only an extremely small % of people use.
And if you add UK support in the base kit, then french people might want to add FR support in base kit also etc.

I see your point but there are a lot of sets recently that do.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Minor Update vendors/questions/collabs/kitting 3/6
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 19:09:41 »
Well... I haven't touched this project in a minute. Had irl things to do and was closely following my first group buy, so this had to take the backseat for a little.

1. Vendors: Added Fancy Customs (South America) and SwagKeys (KR) as vendors. For UK people, there will be news soon.

2. Also for UK people, IF there is an addition of UK-iso, it will be in base kit. I understand it is good for the hobby but reflective of IC forms and my first GB, the demand is simply not there to justify a higher price. At least from what I've gathered, space bars/the 3 40s key are simply in higher demand. With using custom colors, I'm already afraid of how much this kit would possibly cost, BUT if the demand is there or my quote can justify adding them, I don't see why not. But for now, it does seem more unlikely.

3. Accent Arrows/Spacebar kit change? Space bar kit is likely going to see quite a few drastic changes. For now, I don't know what, but I do know that I will likely be adding accent arrows in the space bar kit. Even if the demand is there, I would prioritize UK-ISO in base kit before Accent Arrows (sorry, but lower your pitchforks... please)!

4. Accent novelty arrows? 100% no. Not looking to blow up the cost of my novelties kit in shipping. Also, on the note of novelties, I have noted which ones need to be redone and will contact the artist I commissioned soon.

5. There will be two deskmat designs.

6. Collaborations so far: Deag, Melonkeys, and THOK

7. Color Matching: I have decided on the dark blue, grey, and white (WS1). The yellow... I've narrowed down 500 to 3.

I will be using my discord to decide which yellow I will ultimately go with. So to shamelessly plug again and if you want to have a say... https://discord.gg/wveRmdhTn7
Exact color codes will be public after the yellow has been decided.
The discord server will likely be used to ask minor questions or gather feedback (and also for early non-finalized updates)

Edit: Also, not every change will appeal to everyone, but someone has got to call the shots!
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 March 2021, 19:15:17 by dandruff »

Offline deag

• insta
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 23:42:48 »
happy to be in collaboration with 2021's top 1 2 keyset designers to keep an eye on.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 March 2021, 23:52:04 by deag »

Offline gnaw

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 22:58:38 »
clean set, stars and comets is nice

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - NEW Major CHANGES (kitting/vendors/collabs/more) 3/22
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 04:32:22 »
What is new?

Renders
- originally, i made the renders and they were horrific. To better display my set, I got Kingk22.xyz to render my set! (updated pictures on the main post)

Vendors:
Changed CAN vendor to DeskHero
Added zFrontier as Asian vendor
News for people from the UK soon

Novelties:
 - sizing the novelties correctly and measuring, I BELIEVE that although a lot of the novelties tread a thin line, only two were required to be changed. This is subject to change when I submit it for GMK to confirm after we have finalized kitting. The two that were changed are as follows:

Kitting:
Base kit - REMOVED ISO accented ISO enter, a few keys that I accidentally had duplicated (SORRY ISO-USERS, BUT I did add UK-iso enter novelty... a few updates ago...)
Novelties - same kitting, changed the two novelty that needed to be changed
Space - HUGE change, smaller kitting, accent spacebars for 6.25u and 7u only + added accent arrows due to high demand
Alt Alphas - fixed errors from last update (nothing drastic)

Considerations:
Originally, I wanted to 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u to base kit AND UK-iso and have a stacked base kit; however, due to the custom colors required for this set, I would rather prefer not to have a $140+ base kit (estimate).
Accent arrow novelties? No.
Accent spacebars (2u, 2.25u, 2.75u?) MAYBE (depends, redo or do the UPDATED IC form if you want this, but obviously cost is going to play a huge factor)
UK-iso... idk what to tell you guys... :(

MOQ:
will LIKELY be set to 500

Collaborations:

Resin Artisan Collaborations:
DEAG: https://www.instagram.com/deagcaps/
CraftedByAnnie: https://www.instagram.com/craftedbyannie/
TheKeyCat: https://www.instagram.com/thekeycat/
Shirouu: https://www.instagram.com/shirouu.kaps/
PrimeCaps: https://www.instagram.com/prime_caps/
MelonKeys: https://www.instagram.com/melonkeys.keycaps/

Metal Cap Collaboration
THOK: https://www.instagram.com/thok.click/

Wristrest Collaboration:
HoneyBunzCreations: https://www.instagram.com/honeybunzcreations/

Cable Collaboration:
LuxeCables: https://www.instagram.com/luxecables/

Deskmat Collaboration:
Shannie: https://www.instagram.com/shannie.hoa/

If you want to support (and you should):
DISCORD SERVER
INSTAGRAM
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 04:51:23 by dandruff »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 05:13:48 »
What is new?

Renders
- originally, i made the renders and they were horrific. To better display my set, I got Kingk22.xyz to render my set! (updated pictures on the main post)

Vendors:
Changed CAN vendor to DeskHero
Added zFrontier as Asian vendor
News for people from the UK soon

Novelties:
 - sizing the novelties correctly and measuring, I BELIEVE that although a lot of the novelties tread a thin line, only two were required to be changed. This is subject to change when I submit it for GMK to confirm after we have finalized kitting. The two that were changed are as follows:

Show Image

Kitting:
Base kit - REMOVED ISO accented ISO enter, a few keys that I accidentally had duplicated (SORRY ISO-USERS, BUT I did add UK-iso enter novelty... a few updates ago...)
Novelties - same kitting, changed the two novelty that needed to be changed
Space - HUGE change, smaller kitting, accent spacebars for 6.25u and 7u only + added accent arrows due to high demand
Alt Alphas - fixed errors from last update (nothing drastic)

Considerations:
Originally, I wanted to 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u to base kit AND UK-iso and have a stacked base kit; however, due to the custom colors required for this set, I would rather prefer not to have a $140+ base kit (estimate).
Accent arrow novelties? No.
Accent spacebars (2u, 2.25u, 2.75u?) MAYBE (depends, redo or do the UPDATED IC form if you want this, but obviously cost is going to play a huge factor)
UK-iso... idk what to tell you guys... :(

MOQ:
will LIKELY be set to 500

Collaborations:

Resin Artisan Collaborations:
DEAG: https://www.instagram.com/deagcaps/
CraftedByAnnie: https://www.instagram.com/craftedbyannie/
TheKeyCat: https://www.instagram.com/thekeycat/
Shirouu: https://www.instagram.com/shirouu.kaps/
PrimeCaps: https://www.instagram.com/prime_caps/
MelonKeys: https://www.instagram.com/melonkeys.keycaps/

Metal Cap Collaboration
THOK: https://www.instagram.com/thok.click/

Wristrest Collaboration:
HoneyBunzCreations: https://www.instagram.com/honeybunzcreations/

Cable Collaboration:
LuxeCables: https://www.instagram.com/luxecables/

Deskmat Collaboration:
Shannie: https://www.instagram.com/shannie.hoa/

If you want to support (and you should):
DISCORD SERVER
INSTAGRAM
New renders look too good, let's hope it'll turn out that way irl. Have you thought about moving numpad to separate kit? This may reduce the total cost of the base by 10-15 but numpad users won't be happy tho. I like the original base with gray alphas, since it became the alt alphas kit now, which MOQ do you plan to go with this kit?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 05:28:50 »
New renders look too good, let's hope it'll turn out that way irl. Have you thought about moving numpad to separate kit? This may reduce the total cost of the base by 10-15 but numpad users won't be happy tho. I like the original base with gray alphas, since it became the alt alphas kit now, which MOQ do you plan to go with this kit?

Thought about separating numpad, yes, but I probably won't do. The cost for a custom color-reliant set to have an overpriced numpad kit AND no numpads for alt alphas is pretty daunting. Also, I'm a firm believer that any kit/set that doesn't reach MOQ before extras should be reevaluated and most likely canceled. I have no confidence an overpriced stand-alone numpad kit would hit MOQ.

As for the alt alphas, I do have confidence in this kit. To touch on it briefly, I will try my best to not do the lowest MOQ for this kit.

Offline ThatCometGuy

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:42:25 »
Ngl, I'm still heartbroken after seeing the change in alphas for the base kit :-[

Offline dandruff

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 13:31:07 »
Ngl, I'm still heartbroken after seeing the change in alphas for the base kit :-[
:( no matter what the decision was, I had to disappoint the other side. I just had to go with the majority, and honestly, it grew on me. Sorry though :(

Offline edwyn

• I create stuff for CONCEPT & IDEA
    • CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 13:35:56 »
looks awesome!

Offline ThatCometGuy

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:35:51 »
:( no matter what the decision was, I had to disappoint the other side. I just had to go with the majority, and honestly, it grew on me. Sorry though :(

I'm still getting the kit, it's beautiful. It doesn't make it hurt less though hahaha :'(

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 14:47:02 »
Awesome update. The ISO Enter almost makes you want to switch layout haha, it's so good.
One of the sets I am the most looking forward this year  :thumb:

Sad that accent arrows novelties will not happen.
Still hoping that accent spacebars is a thing for Alice support (just 2-3 that covers the most popular layout, don't need as many as the blue ones)

I see it will be a THOK Artisan, not a Rama.
Since they recently started doing Enter keys also, I feel there is a nice opportunity to offer an R1 Esc and an Enter THOK?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 16:17:22 »
Hi, the gray alphas are N9 (or 2B) and WS1, right? Also, 500 for base, then how many for novelty?

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 16:23:49 by nvh2092 »

Offline l0rdc0unt

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 18:43:33 »
Looks good, interested!

What about an Ortho mods kit?

Offline dandruff

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 19:05:45 »
Hi, the gray alphas are N9 (or 2B) and WS1, right? Also, 500 for base, then how many for novelty?

WS1 is right, 2B is an aight gray (but not as "cool/blu-ish" as I want it, N9 is straight almost black, so the alt alphas are a custom color (I've finalized the color, but have not announced it due to deciding one last color before announcing all of the colors)

Looks good, interested!

What about an Ortho mods kit?

Highly likely not... the demand for ortho mod is too scarce. Even for super successful sets (Tuzi, Modo, 80082, etc.) the kit barely hits MOQ or even fails to hit MOQ. The demand is simply not there (IMO).

Offline shmemcat

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:13:17 »
Can't wait for this!! +1 to someone who'd love numpad keys on the alt alphas set :)

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:36:33 »
Such a dope set, will for sure get one
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline feltmarker

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 03:56:20 »
i hope the alt alphas are affordable with a high moq, but i love the novelties!!  :thumb:

Offline PuddingPug

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 21:42:20 »
i hope the alt alphas are affordable with a high moq, but i love the novelties!!  :thumb:

The set definitely looks best with the alt alphas. If the price is not too high then this will be a insta-buy.  :D

Offline tngpq

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 02:21:28 »

The set definitely looks best with the alt alphas. If the price is not too high then this will be a insta-buy.  :D

You are not alone. Current alt alphas was originally in the base and IC results reversed it. I guess we don't agree with the majority.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 11:22:47 »
I wasn't around for the voting period sadly, but I'm also of the mindset that alt alphas >> base alphas. The all gold on blue just looks a bit boring to me.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Flexx

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 16:26:51 »
I really dig the colors and the novelty ISO enter and the fact that super is "Super" and not "Win". Really cute. I'd be in, for a full set, but since there are no ISO DE (or any other i18n) caps, they're useless for most of the world. One day I'll designsomething so gorgeous everybody will want it, and then make it an ISO-Nordic/DE/... only GB, deliberately excluding the ANSI and ISO UK folks just to get my revenge. ;)

I'd have some input for a design based on this one that would be less playful but based on some "real" astronomical ideas. Kinda a "stargazer" instead of a "stargazing" set. ;)

Let me know if there is any chance to get ISO DE base key sets, add-on ISO DE key sets, or if you plan to extend the GB to include non-US/UK ISO caps in the base set.

Also let me know if you'd like to realize a follow-up / alternate design for a future GB.

Cheers,
Flexx

Offline dandruff

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 18:26:13 »

I am definitely looking to make alt alphas as affordable as possible, but yeah the alphas got switched over due to the majority wanting the blue one (and it was literally a 70:30 vote, so obviously if I went with the alt alphas, there would be even more people voicing their complaint. No win-win scenario here :(, but I'll see what I can do FOR the Alt-alphas kit!

I really dig the colors and the novelty ISO enter and the fact that super is "Super" and not "Win". Really cute. I'd be in, for a full set, but since there are no ISO DE (or any other i18n) caps, they're useless for most of the world. One day I'll designsomething so gorgeous everybody will want it, and then make it an ISO-Nordic/DE/... only GB, deliberately excluding the ANSI and ISO UK folks just to get my revenge. ;)

I'd have some input for a design based on this one that would be less playful but based on some "real" astronomical ideas. Kinda a "stargazer" instead of a "stargazing" set. ;)

Let me know if there is any chance to get ISO DE base key sets, add-on ISO DE key sets, or if you plan to extend the GB to include non-US/UK ISO caps in the base set.

Also let me know if you'd like to realize a follow-up / alternate design for a future GB.

Cheers,
Flexx

I touched on the idea of going the more playful route earlier somewhere. I do agree with you that stargazing can take the route of classy/elegant/"real" but ultimately, as the designer, I had the say in the route that I wanted to take and this is just more appealing to ME. I had plans and ideas to go the "real" route as well, but I decided to go with its current version.

Also regarding ISO-DE/NorDeUK/Colevrak/Qwertz or any other layout, I can reassure you most designers would include them if there were no cons to adding them. When someone designs a set, it's not that they're ignoring that community or are unaware, it's the fact that kits have to reach a certain MOQ. Despite the constant 5-10 people telling me to include a kit for this sort of compatibility, that is not enough interest for me to add the kit. I'd rather not have a kit that I'm afraid won't reach MOQ. You can bash designers for not including those layouts, but by the end of the day, the layouts that are usually included are the ones that actually sell.

Just for some numbers of RECENT sets:
More
GMK Norse (ongoing): 49 kits for international (3/23) (likely going to perform the best regarding international layouts compared to the other recent sets)
KAT Slurp: 46 kits sold between Colevrak/French/NorDeUK (priced around $20-$30 compared to the $70 from GMK nordeuk sets)
GMK Iceberg: 37 w/o extras for NorDeUK
GMK Fuji (ongoing): 25 kits for international (3/22)
GMK Color Chrome (ongoing): 22 kits for NorDeUK (3/20)

Yes, vendors are likely able to save all of these sets and buy out MOQ, but I'm a firm believer (maybe a "hot-ish" take) of kits/sets that don't make MOQ shouldn't EXPECT to be saved (but ultimately, it's the vendors' choice).

Offline mymeepo

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 28 March 2021, 10:39:29 »

Cheers,
Flexx

As a fellow German, I feel you. :-D I've watched a few of the recent group buys and since so few include NorDe kits, I am actually considering learning to go with ANSI. The only thing that would suck is the öäü. Rest takes just some time I assume.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 March 2021, 10:41:29 by mymeepo »

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Added UK vendor, colors, finalized collabs (4/19)
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 02:55:13 »
Update:

Colors:
I added the RAL codes to the colors. I am in between two blues, so I will decide once I get a physical plastic chip of the color rather than rely solely on the color book.

Collabs:
Added Ochre.Moss (https://www.instagram.com/ochre.moss/) and Sodiecaps (https://www.instagram.com/sodiecaps/)

Vendors:
Added Proto.typist as UK Vendor

What else is there?
- Currently getting quotes from GMK so that prices can be released publicly much earlier than GB date
- Deskmats are being worked on. There will be 2. One is near done, but I'd rather release both publicly at the same time!
- THOK cap renders coming soon
- Any changes to kitting has to await quotes from GMK. Depending on pricing, kits may change.

DISCORD SERVER

INSTAGRAM UPDATES

Sorry for going mia! I wanted to confirm a few things, so I posted as soon as I got SOME news... but I guess a lot of it is still in the waiting game.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 08:49:05 »
The combination is beautiful
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 11:13:56 »
 :)This is one of the most interesting keycaps I've looked at this year. I'm very happy to see this design. But I think the kits are not very appropriate. People who want grey alphas, dark blue mods with novelties and spacebars will cost about $270. :-[ If possible, it is highly desirable that you will consider to put the spacebars and gray alphas into the base kit. :thumb: By the way,It seems that use gmk matrix 01 & gmk oblivion could achieve similar effect,lol.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 19:35:32 »
:)This is one of the most interesting keycaps I've looked at this year. I'm very happy to see this design. But I think the kits are not very appropriate. People who want grey alphas, dark blue mods with novelties and spacebars will cost about $270. :-[ If possible, it is highly desirable that you will consider to put the spacebars and gray alphas into the base kit. :thumb: By the way,It seems that use gmk matrix 01 & gmk oblivion could achieve similar effect,lol.

There is no chance I will include a full set of alphas and spacebars into the base kit. Yes, it will be more affordable to someone who is buying every kit, but not everyone is going to buy every kit. Now someone who just wants the base kit is now paying $200+ for the case kit.

The change will 100% hurt the majority. I only think it's feasible to kit like that if for some reason the demand for all of the kits were the same. Realistically, not every single buyer would want every single kit.

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 20:07:33 »
These colors are amazing! Really looking forward to see this IC moving forward and get the sample colors matched to the render!

What do you mean, "not very inappropriate?" As you just described, even the most prominent keycap sets did not - and I believe will continue to not in the future - integrate different color themed alphas and mods into the base kit, despite expecting a very high demand on both alphas/mods color combinations. It will most likely discourage many (certainly not the majority, depending on the keycap set) from buying the set due to being forced to buy some kits that they did not see as desirable and paying extras for them. You want them all? Good. But I will more likely to be discouraged from buying the set if those gray alphas were integrated and price raised.  This is called tradeoff. In the end, OP's gotta decide what's best for most (and I think he's doing the great job), but calling OP's decisions "not very appropriate"....please.

Offline Litch0617

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 02:59:45 »
These colors are amazing! Really looking forward to see this IC moving forward and get the sample colors matched to the render!

What do you mean, "not very inappropriate?" As you just described, even the most prominent keycap sets did not - and I believe will continue to not in the future - integrate different color themed alphas and mods into the base kit, despite expecting a very high demand on both alphas/mods color combinations. It will most likely discourage many (certainly not the majority, depending on the keycap set) from buying the set due to being forced to buy some kits that they did not see as desirable and paying extras for them. You want them all? Good. But I will more likely to be discouraged from buying the set if those gray alphas were integrated and price raised.  This is called tradeoff. In the end, OP's gotta decide what's best for most (and I think he's doing the great job), but calling OP's decisions "not very appropriate"....please.
Sry for my misleading description…hope u won't care my poor English..my thought is put the 6.25u,7U yellow Spaces and yellow arrow keys in base kit. Regarding Grey Alpha, I agree with the OP's decision now.i agree with u too. For majority,such kits are the best.Whatever,it's a nice work.i will buy all of the kits.Just take my money.
Finally, I apologize again for my misleading description, wish this work a great sale!

Offline Altain

• Formerly zungzangbi
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 03:18:59 »

Sry for my misleading description…hope u won't care my poor English..my thought is put the 6.25u,7U yellow Spaces and yellow arrow keys in base kit. Regarding Grey Alpha, I agree with the OP's decision now.i agree with u too. For majority,such kits are the best.Whatever,it's a nice work.i will buy all of the kits.Just take my money.
Finally, I apologize again for my misleading description, wish this work a great sale!

Hey, no problem man. I apologize if I sounded too aggressive. Everybody's gotta have opinions and freedom to share it, I guess. Glad you like the set too - it gets a step closer to a successful GB.