Author Topic: [GB] Jukebox Retro 50's SA Keycaps (On Massdrop Now!)  (Read 33995 times)

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
Re: [GB] Jukebox Retro 50's SA Keycaps (On Massdrop Now!)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 11:06:53 »
How often will the "current quantities" update on massdrop or is there possibly somewhere else they are listed?
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Jedi

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 11:42:56 »
How often will the "current quantities" update on massdrop

Massdrop doesn't have a set time for updating the spreadsheet, the current total number of purchases is correct, but that number is inflated to include all sets purchased.  The trend has been that we will never know for sure even after the drop is complete.  The truth is that the "savings" are marginal but can be significant if you are purchasing more than one of the same kit set.  Reality for most is that it will likely only cut marginal dollars off the total bill.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 12:20:32 »
How often will the "current quantities" update on massdrop

Massdrop doesn't have a set time for updating the spreadsheet, the current total number of purchases is correct, but that number is inflated to include all sets purchased.  The trend has been that we will never know for sure even after the drop is complete.  The truth is that the "savings" are marginal but can be significant if you are purchasing more than one of the same kit set.  Reality for most is that it will likely only cut marginal dollars off the total bill.

The unlocked prices can actually have a large impact on price.  For BASE+TKL+NUM+ALT MODS+novelties, there is a savings of $65 between the lowest unlock and the highest.  I've made a spreadsheet to help calculate the prices of your purchase based on what you want to buy and how many are participating but without the individual number of participants of each part of the set, it's just an rough estimator now. :(  Anyway, here's the link: Jukebox SA Price Estimator. I've set it to only allow editing in the "CURRENT SOLD" column. Let me know if there are any issues and I'll try and resolve.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 12:25:58 by mind_funeral »
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:51:59 »
Reality for most is that it will likely only cut marginal dollars off the total bill.

Better than getting, no cuts at all  8) .

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 22:37:30 »
Man, I do not understand how some of these colorways make it to MOQ.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 03:59:13 »

If you quit trying to understand this, then life becomes far more enjoyable  :thumb: .

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:17:50 »

What does "MOQ" stand for?
Topre Type Heaven

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:19:20 »

What does "MOQ" stand for?

Minimum order quantity. It's how many of a certain product need to be purchased before the seller commits to producing it.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:23:40 »
Thanks.  So you guys don't like jukebox?  Why wouldn't this make MOQ?
Topre Type Heaven

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:25:48 »
Thanks.  So you guys don't like jukebox?  Why wouldn't this make MOQ?

Some people like it, some people don't. It has already made MOQ though. I think every SA profile keyset that has appeared on Massdrop has met MOQ. Here's a list of the current quantities purchased for each kit:

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 08:28:01 »
I'm thinking about buying this set and building a full size themed like an old Wurlitzer for my Uncle's office.  He collects jukeboxes.  He has around 100 vintage jukeboxes
Topre Type Heaven

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 09:19:43 »
I'm thinking about buying this set and building a full size themed like an old Wurlitzer for my Uncle's office.  He collects jukeboxes.  He has around 100 vintage jukeboxes

That's a lot of jukeboxes.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 09:23:56 »

That's a lot of jukeboxes.

No kids, much money.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 19:29:29 »
No kids, much money.

The real secret to wealth  :thumb: .

Offline rampantandroid

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 20:23:25 »
Sooo....I've never typed on SA. It looks AWESOME to me, but I've never wanted to stomach SP's price tag (I love the look of modern selectric specifically, but it's never in stock. Also, expensive.)

I was planning on a set of Ducky's thick blue/gray PBT keycaps. Can someone chime in on this kind of ABS keycap set compared to a nice thick PBT set? My only MK right now is an older Das Keyboard with the OEM keycaps on it (ABS, top printed. They're not so great, but I'm used to that profile.)

This price for a good looking SA set is hard to pass up...even if it's not my first color choice.

Thanks!
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 20:29:27 »
Sooo....I've never typed on SA. It looks AWESOME to me, but I've never wanted to stomach SP's price tag (I love the look of modern selectric specifically, but it's never in stock. Also, expensive.)

I was planning on a set of Ducky's thick blue/gray PBT keycaps. Can someone chime in on this kind of ABS keycap set compared to a nice thick PBT set? My only MK right now is an older Das Keyboard with the OEM keycaps on it (ABS, top printed. They're not so great, but I'm used to that profile.)

This price for a good looking SA set is hard to pass up...even if it's not my first color choice.

Thanks!

Pretty sure this set is slick, no texture.  So that alone should give you an idea.  As far as thickness, these should be thick as ****.  They will be thick, heavy, and slick.  The PBT I've used felt like gritty velvet or like a chalky feel.

Also, if you buy and don't like this set, you shouldnt have a problem selling or trading it for what you paid or more.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 00:58:10 »
Wow, wasn't sure if I'd pick this up, but it's looking like all the kits I want will hit their lowest price tiers!! Definitely in now!! Good job guys!!!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 05:51:36 »
I just got a 60% kit and the base kit, and I'm already up almost 15 bucks from two days ago ;)

Offline rampantandroid

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 15:56:19 »
Pretty sure this set is slick, no texture.  So that alone should give you an idea.  As far as thickness, these should be thick as ****.  They will be thick, heavy, and slick.  The PBT I've used felt like gritty velvet or like a chalky feel.

Also, if you buy and don't like this set, you shouldnt have a problem selling or trading it for what you paid or more.

Hmm, maybe I'll jump. Been pondering DSA vs SA as well, but you're right - I could easily turn these around later in the marketplace section :)
Someone apparently went up to the great philosopher Wittgenstein and said "What a lot of morons people back in the Middle Ages must have been to have looked, every morning, at the dawn and to have thought what they were seeing was the Sun going around the Earth, when every school kid knows that the Earth goes around the Sun", to which Wittgenstein replied "Yeah, but I wonder what it would have looked like if the Sun had been going around the Earth?"

Offline dgdosen

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 16:19:54 »
Anyone know if there are more price drops for kits already unlocked at level "4"?  Like maybe for the TKL kit? Or is it already at it's low point?

Offline johuu

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 17:25:25 »
Anyone know if there are more price drops for kits already unlocked at level "4"?  Like maybe for the TKL kit? Or is it already at it's low point?

Just have a look by yourself https://www.massdrop.com/buy/jukebox-sa-keyset?mode=guest_open there is a table with all data. This is not in sync with orders but updated regularly (once per day?).

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 22 May 2016, 20:57:32 »
Andy,

Do you know if massdrop is listing each child set as a unit sold in the same way they did with the recent Granite sale?

Each one counts towards the final count, so like 1k units sold is the total number of kits/child deals  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:11:20 »
Andy,

Do you know if massdrop is listing each child set as a unit sold in the same way they did with the recent Granite sale?

Each one counts towards the final count, so like 1k units sold is the total number of kits/child deals  :thumb:

Long live LSB! I am in for this set! Can't wait!

+1
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:38:29 »
Andy,

Long live LSB! I am in for this set! Can't wait!

+1

I actually saw when you joined <3 <3

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 07:51:03 »
Since the buy is over, I'm closing this thread back up and leaving the IC thread open  :thumb:

Talks about future plans and kits will be happening there. Thanks to everyone for a hugely successful round 2. Was absolutely not expecting it to sell nearly as many units as it did <3