Author Topic: [GB](Closed) 1.8mm LEDs & SIP Sockets  (Read 79436 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: [GB](Closed) 1.8mm LEDs & SIP Sockets
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 01:07:50 »
I will be ordering LEDs in about 12 hours. Enough people have paid that it doesn't matter, I would still be ordering the same amount due to the fact they come in lots of 1k. Thank you everyone for participating. Estimated shipping time to me is anywhere from 5-15 days. After they arrive, I will try and sort as fast as I can, but school will have started by then, but that just means I will start working only 2 hours later then when I wake up in the summer. If I sort by myself it might take a week and I will try to ship as I complete orders. Once again, thank you everyone for participating!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 03:55:08 »
Thank you for arranging :)

Sorting time is as long as it takes, but please do communication if you find yourself running behind (as I'm sure you would) :D

Good luck!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:40:29 »
Thank you for arranging :)

Sorting time is as long as it takes, but please do communication if you find yourself running behind (as I'm sure you would) :D

Good luck!
I will make sure to communicate this time, I didn't do a very good job towards the end of the stickers, and I feel bad about that.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 07:19:53 »
Order was placed then? Thanks for putting this together!  :D

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:47:56 »
Order was placed then? Thanks for putting this together!  :D
Yeah. The money for the LEDs is clearing into my checking account, so they should be paid Friday, I paid for the SIP sockets from Zeal, and they are coming today because of DHL, and I am ordering the Mouser ones in a few days.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 19:17:53 »
Paid for the LEDs today as they cleared my checking account. I have started sorting the SIP sockets from zeal.

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 20:09:08 »
hyped!

Offline ika

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 20:16:29 »
Was a datasheet for these LEDs ever made available? I'm going to be putting these in a winkeyless build and he recommends much higher ohm resistors than what was posted earlier in this thread, on top of having a bunch of RGB LEDs to support. I would rather shoot for low brightness than high brightness but I'd like to know why the difference seems so big.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 21:13:11 »
Was a datasheet for these LEDs ever made available? I'm going to be putting these in a winkeyless build and he recommends much higher ohm resistors than what was posted earlier in this thread, on top of having a bunch of RGB LEDs to support. I would rather shoot for low brightness than high brightness but I'd like to know why the difference seems so big.
I have worked with a lot of his boards.  I use the same LEDs that he sells. Go with his OHM recommendation.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 23:15:43 »
 The higher resistance means you don't have to think about what you're doing, so long as you don't mind fairly dim LEDs in certain colors.

No Ika no datasheet was ever made available but I'd like to reiterate, as politely as possible given I'm hyped for these LEDs anyway, that it'd be nice to have "official" number from the manufacturer.

Speaking, Sethk_ of "working with his boards" I posted a question in the FingerUp/SK thread that maybe you could answer? About building an acrylic case out of steel, or aluminum.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 21:42:41 »
All the LEDs have been shipped. I just need to place the mouser order and we will be good to go!

Offline MagicMan

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:30:55 »
Awesome! I cant wait to finish my board now.
Max Keyboard - Cherry MX blue

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 14:36:34 »
Pink LEDs came today, I am expecting the rest of the LEDs tomorrow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 21:43:51 »
Just wondering - are the yellow ones actually yellow yellow, or maybe orange yellow?

Since I've been using my Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition, I've come to believe that the LEDs in it are actually orange.  Not having any orange LEDs to compare with, I'm wondering.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:08:58 »
Just wondering - are the yellow ones actually yellow yellow, or maybe orange yellow?

Since I've been using my Ducky Shine 3 Yellow Edition, I've come to believe that the LEDs in it are actually orange.  Not having any orange LEDs to compare with, I'm wondering.
I can take some pics tomorrow when the rest of the 5 LED colors come. I hope that they are actually yellow, and not orangish-yellow like you are saying. I have had yellow and orange LEDs next to each other before, and they have actually been yellow. They were also 1.8mm LEDs. I am excited for these to come :)

Regarding sorting, I will be doing LED-only orders first, then work my way through the SIP sockets. I honestly have no time estimation, but I will try and sort for ~1 hour a day at least, and then get those orders out in the mail.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:14:33 »

I can take some pics tomorrow when the rest of the 5 LED colors come. I hope that they are actually yellow, and not orangish-yellow like you are saying. I have had yellow and orange LEDs next to each other before, and they have actually been yellow. They were also 1.8mm LEDs. I am excited for these to come :)

Regarding sorting, I will be doing LED-only orders first, then work my way through the SIP sockets. I honestly have no time estimation, but I will try and sort for ~1 hour a day at least, and then get those orders out in the mail.

And yay - I order LEDs only :D

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:46:47 »
LEDs came today, but in unmarked bags....

When I start sorting them I will have to test the 40 bags I have for which color they are, but that won't take too long I hope.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 17:00:39 »
Great! Thank for the frequent updates!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 22:35:46 »
LEDs came today, but in unmarked bags....

When I start sorting them I will have to test the 40 bags I have for which color they are, but that won't take too long I hope.

Hopefully it's strictly one colour per bag :p

Offline Tachi

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 03:04:12 »
Any updates on when orders will be shipped? =)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 06:37:24 »
I made a post above about what is being sorted first and what not, but I am doing LED-Only orders first.

Also, if you haven't paid your invoice, I have enough extras that you can still pay it and be fine.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:18:40 »
I made a post above about what is being sorted first and what not, but I am doing LED-Only orders first.

Also, if you haven't paid your invoice, I have enough extras that you can still pay it and be fine.

I think I need extra white leds to add on to my order.  Got some extras?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 15:37:21 »

I think I need extra white leds to add on to my order.  Got some extras?
Definitely

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 17:15:34 »
I missed the original GB but would be interested in some LEDs. Got my first board with sip sockets and want to have some to swap around
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 17:17:51 »
An rough # on how many extras I have:

1.5k White

1.2k Blue

1.1k Red

600 Yellow

400 Green

800 Pink

I will be putting these on my store just so its easier to keep track of.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 17:24:13 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:11:09 »
Having the LEDs in hand, did you have a chance to see whether the yellow is really yellow, or whether it is orange?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 21:27:20 »
Having the LEDs in hand, did you have a chance to see whether the yellow is really yellow, or whether it is orange?
It seems to be an orange yellow :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 05:41:16 »
It seems to be an orange yellow :(

Awww :(

Still, for my purposes that should be sufficient.

Excitement to receive them though :)

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 12:40:58 »
Been quiet around here, any update on the shipping progress?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 13:57:08 »
Been quiet around here, any update on the shipping progress?
I finished labelling all of the bags, the sorting process has started!

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 14:15:41 »
Also, if anyone wants to help sort I can ship you some LEDs and bags, but I will only do it for people I trust/long time members.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 22:35:59 »
Okay, update on sorting:

rpeterclark has volunteered to help sort around 8k leds. This is awesome of him! Also, I got a scale that can count parts. So it should speed me up a lot. With his help, and the help of the scale, I hope I can be done in the next 2 weeks. Thank you for everyone having patience and staying with me!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 06:15:49 »
Thank you for submitting yourself to the torture of running a GB :)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 12:17:17 »
Take you time man. That is a lot of sorting. I'm glad a kind soul offered their help.  :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline beltet

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 17:10:39 »
Any news?

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 14:54:31 »
The higher resistance means you don't have to think about what you're doing, so long as you don't mind fairly dim LEDs in certain colors.

No Ika no datasheet was ever made available but I'd like to reiterate, as politely as possible given I'm hyped for these LEDs anyway, that it'd be nice to have "official" number from the manufacturer.

Speaking, Sethk_ of "working with his boards" I posted a question in the FingerUp/SK thread that maybe you could answer? About building an acrylic case out of steel, or aluminum.

Yeh would love to hear back about the ohm stuff - gonna throw these in a winkeyless build as well. Thanks sethk for the regular updates!

Offline yobinad

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 14:05:14 »
Any news on this?

Offline JordanRinke

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 16:57:38 »
6 weeks since the last update  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 20:48:48 »

rEr, 3 weeks since the last update, only 6 posts above yours :p

And sethk_ said he hoped to have them sorted in 2 weeks, perhaps it took a week longer.  There are many to sort.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 18:32:55 »
I'm currently looking for a new place to live so depending on when these ship I might need to change my shipping address.  :(
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline yobinad

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 07:15:51 »
Is this on schedule?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 07:53:04 »
Is this on schedule?

it seems to be behind.

Offline JordanRinke

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:37:13 »

rEr, 3 weeks since the last update, only 6 posts above yours :p

And sethk_ said he hoped to have them sorted in 2 weeks, perhaps it took a week longer.  There are many to sort.

Logic fail on my part, counting is hard.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 08:12:34 »
Sorting is taking a lot longer than I thought. A member on GH offered to help me sort them, so I am sending him 1k of each to sort to start. I didn't account for 40k LEDs, and another 10k SIP sockets. My brother who was supposed to help me sort backed out on me. This also isn't my day job, I have school to go to, which comes before Geekhack, sorry.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 08:29:29 »
Sorting is taking a lot longer than I thought. A member on GH offered to help me sort them, so I am sending him 1k of each to sort to start. I didn't account for 40k LEDs, and another 10k SIP sockets. My brother who was supposed to help me sort backed out on me. This also isn't my day job, I have school to go to, which comes before Geekhack, sorry.

thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline Tachi

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 11:44:32 »
Cheers for the update!
Any sort of ETA?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #197 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 01:18:30 »

Thanks for the update :)

School (and other Real Life (tm) situations) should always come before GH.

Communication is key though - as long as you let us know what's happening, everyone should be happy :)

Offline potatowire

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 11:22:24 »

Thanks for the update :)

School (and other Real Life (tm) situations) should always come before GH.

Communication is key though - as long as you let us know what's happening, everyone should be happy :)

I second this. I don't think any of us would want to trade places with you, facing 40K unsorted LEDs. And periodic reminders that "this suuuuucccks" is preferable to silence.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 08:18:20 »
I want to reiterate my offer for help in sorting the LEDs. I have every Friday night that I could help with this. I know one day a week isn't a lot, but I have some experience packing and shipping things. I have a post office a quarter mile from my house and a postal scale ready to go. The offer stands if you are interested.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around