Author Topic: Perkin-Elmer Infrared Data Station  (Read 1734 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Perkin-Elmer Infrared Data Station
« on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 19:31:23 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Perkin-Elmer Infrared Data Station
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 23:30:31 »
Don't exactly know what switches these are, little pricey but:
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/42810-perkin-elmer-55000-0147-infrared-data-station-keyboard

avoid buying from recycled goods. Their prices are high, even by geekhack or deskauthority standards.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 00:06:31 »
Stackpole/Hi-tek switches aren't the greatest either.  YMMV of course but...

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 01:32:02 »
It certainly does seem expensive. Especially given it's missing keys and has maybe a broken spring or something.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 02:17:04 »
It certainly does seem expensive. Especially given it's missing keys and has maybe a broken spring or something.

'seems expensive'? Nothing from recycled goods are ever 'not expensive'. I was looking for a cable and they wanted to sell it for $47.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 03:09:07 »
I like that font, though.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:17:31 »
The keycaps on these things are really pretty, but those switches are pretty mediocre feeling.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 10:30:25 »
The keycaps on these things are really pretty, but those switches are pretty mediocre feeling.
I don't like both switch & keycaps :/ Very ugly :(

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 18:28:51 »

'seems expensive'? Nothing from recycled goods are ever 'not expensive'. I was looking for a cable and they wanted to sell it for $47.

they used to have good deals: look through their site sometime and you will see: unsaver model F for like $50, APL model F for cheap, etc.

I haven't seen anything interesting there of late, so I avoid them regardless of price.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 01:03:18 »

they used to have good deals: look through their site sometime and you will see: unsaver model F for like $50, APL model F for cheap, etc.

I haven't seen anything interesting there of late, so I avoid them regardless of price.

they changed their prices a number of times, but I remember the cheapest the Unsaver ever got was $56 +$26 shipping. That's way too much to pay for an unusable second hand keyboard that requires lots of modding work.