Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 944737 times)

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Currently packing)
« Reply #1500 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:12:19 »
Lmfao

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1501 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:18:36 »
I've spoken to an attorney about this. He believes that there is certainly a case here. With some very rough numbers, let's say there are 200 participants in this group buy and that the average cost per participant is somewhere around $300. That means that the total amount payed to Weaston (Gray Industries, LLC via Shopify) was somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000. There are a few options.

The attorney says that the group could bring a lawsuit and that the cost to do this, if all 200 group buy participants also participated in the lawsuit, would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 per participant. This probably isn't the first course of action to take, but is absolutely an option available to us and not something so astronomical as to be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Separate from a civil lawsuit, the attorney believes that taking $60,000 without delivering any product likely constitutes felony fraud. As such, we are going to begin a discussion with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services which, as far as we can tell, seems to be the appropriate department to take the first steps with.

My PMs are open for any questions. I do not yet need any personal information from anyone to continue moving forward. However, it would be helpful to start getting an idea about who's interested, and how much you spent on this GB, separate from this thread, just so these rough numbers can get slightly less rough. If either course above is to be taken, we'll need to offer evidence. It will also likely be possible for the attorneys to get this information from Shopify if a lawsuit is filed.

It is still my sincere hope that Weaston will simply do the right thing, expediently, and ship everyone's orders. I do not believe he has any malicious intent and do not savor the idea of having to take this to court. I think we all just want this to end with everyone as happy as is possible at this point.

hello it’s me the lawyer please send money, social security numbers and hand pics to lawyer@law.com

Offline zekth

« Reply #1502 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:33:34 »
it's all good

haha nop.

Offline Nask

« Reply #1503 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:37:30 »
As far as I understand there is still a way we can prepare information needed to open a case and if nothing appears by the end of the month (Feb) - I was quite sure it was supposed to be January though - we just have to proceed to legal actions.
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #1504 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:39:51 »
As far as I understand there is still a way we can prepare information needed to open a case and if nothing appears by the end of the month (Feb) - I was quite sure it was supposed to be January though - we just have to proceed to legal actions.
I highly encourage you to think twice about this before you get double scammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1505 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 08:51:46 »
To reiterate, nothing is needed now and I understand the skepticism completely. This is not a fast process. Any level of participation would be strictly voluntary and certainly wouldn’t happen on a forum.

That said, I am encouraged by Weaston’s response and hope that all this will turn out to have been unnecessary.

Offline goobafish

« Reply #1506 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 09:35:31 »
I'm a little bit confused. Why haven't you started shipping them to at least show some progress? Surely you don't want that many packages just sitting around. It would do a long way to instill some confidence for all of us waiting.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #1507 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 10:05:41 »
Since we arent getting these for at least another 3 months. A sticker or something would be nice......

Offline zekth

« Reply #1508 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 10:16:31 »
Since we arent getting these for at least another 3 months. A sticker or something would be nice......

source: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104266.msg3013356#msg3013356
you'll still have something to stick on the bottom.

Offline zekth

« Reply #1509 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 10:17:23 »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #1510 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 10:45:30 »
I've spoken to an attorney about this. He believes that there is certainly a case here. With some very rough numbers, let's say there are 200 participants in this group buy and that the average cost per participant is somewhere around $300. That means that the total amount payed to Weaston (Gray Industries, LLC via Shopify) was somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000. There are a few options.

The attorney says that the group could bring a lawsuit and that the cost to do this, if all 200 group buy participants also participated in the lawsuit, would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 per participant. This probably isn't the first course of action to take, but is absolutely an option available to us and not something so astronomical as to be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Separate from a civil lawsuit, the attorney believes that taking $60,000 without delivering any product likely constitutes felony fraud. As such, we are going to begin a discussion with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services which, as far as we can tell, seems to be the appropriate department to take the first steps with.

My PMs are open for any questions. I do not yet need any personal information from anyone to continue moving forward. However, it would be helpful to start getting an idea about who's interested, and how much you spent on this GB, separate from this thread, just so these rough numbers can get slightly less rough. If either course above is to be taken, we'll need to offer evidence. It will also likely be possible for the attorneys to get this information from Shopify if a lawsuit is filed.

It is still my sincere hope that Weaston will simply do the right thing, expediently, and ship everyone's orders. I do not believe he has any malicious intent and do not savor the idea of having to take this to court. I think we all just want this to end with everyone as happy as is possible at this point.
This is a topkek moment
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #1511 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:24:32 »
Just got an email confirming my address change. Thanks, Weaston  :thumb:

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #1512 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:25:26 »
I also just got a reply to my address change.

Offline weaston

« Reply #1513 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:28:59 »
Hello all, second update.

Any and all address changes should be taken care of, so if I missed yours or asked for extra info please get it to me asap (I messaged on geekhack and responded in email).  Expect tracking numbers to start coming through this week for the first wave of orders.  Thanks for the patience.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:48:42 by weaston »
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline mech0nly

« Reply #1514 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:45:43 »
submitted an address change, thanks :thumb:
356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2

Offline zekth

« Reply #1515 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 11:49:17 »
Submitted address change too.

Offline gfreeman11898

« Reply #1516 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 12:56:23 »
Address change submitted.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #1517 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 15:06:50 »
Any update on cerakote boards?

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #1518 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 15:26:58 »
Sent a geekhack PM for address change, thanks.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1519 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 19:18:44 »
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #1520 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 02:00:25 »
As always, many thanks for the update :thumb:

Offline vegs

« Reply #1521 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 04:17:59 »
Thanks Weaston, looking forward to my board
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline DJSwayde

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Finishing packing, shipping starting)
« Reply #1522 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 18:20:11 »
Sent address change request on Discord via DM.
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline weaston

« Reply #1523 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 09:32:52 »
Update

Today is the last day for address changes, please get any last updates to me by this same time tomorrow.  I believe all changes have been made on my side via all platforms so if not please let me know as soon as possible.  Thank you all.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline zian_

« Reply #1524 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 11:22:44 »
Thank you for the fast shipping. There’s a problem though.

The front and rear screws aren’t long enough because they don’t fit into the recesses on the back

EDIT: Can confirm they kind of fit.

Make sure to screw them in once completely first without a build in it or they're going to not seat and strip.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 January 2022, 19:18:03 by zian_ »

Offline weaston

« Reply #1525 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 11:41:46 »

The front and rear screws aren’t long enough because they don’t fit into the recesses on the back

They do fit, the tolerancing is very tight (like +/- 0.1mm), you can very lightly push the tops of the screw with another screw, toothpick or applicable screwdriver and they will slide through.  I've confirmed this on the cases I still have in hand as well.

Offline zian_

« Reply #1526 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 11:47:49 »

They do fit, the tolerancing is very tight (like +/- 0.1mm), you can very lightly push the tops of the screw with another screw, toothpick or applicable screwdriver and they will slide through.  I've confirmed this on the cases I still have in hand as well.

Ah, thanks Weaston! I was afraid to force anything too hard.

Appreciate it!

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1527 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 13:15:17 »

EDIT: Can confirm they fit just fine, and I'm just an idiot. Please disregard.

Can you show me the poron strips that we're supposed to get instead of bumpons? Really curious.

Offline rikercd

« Reply #1528 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 13:42:14 »
Getting hyped  ;D

Plant update please?

Offline weaston

« Reply #1529 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:03:55 »
Can you show me the poron strips that we're supposed to get instead of bumpons? Really curious.

I'm not sure if I ever said poron, but they're definitely silicone. clear silicone rubber.  If they don't post a picture then I will post one in a few hours.  I had them laser cut to a size that fits between the front screwholes and the back ones so they're pretty easy to install.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1530 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:09:08 »

I'm not sure if I ever said poron, but they're definitely silicone. clear silicone rubber.  If they don't post a picture then I will post one in a few hours.  I had them laser cut to a size that fits between the front screwholes and the back ones so they're pretty easy to install.

Seems like I misremembered, my mistake. You definitely said silicone. OK so we're getting long strips, that's kinda cool too!

Offline zian_

« Reply #1531 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:18:56 »
Would it be possible to get the screw specs?

They all stripped on me. I had to actually hammer them in to get them to seat, and then they stripped. Two out of the 8 actually caught threads without stripping. I think the tolerances with the included screws are just way too tight.

Not trying to concern anyone here or start anything because it could just be my board.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:24:41 »

They all stripped on me. I had to actually hammer them in to get them to seat, and then they stripped. Two out of the 8 actually caught threads without stripping. I think the tolerances with the included screws are just way too tight.

Not trying to concern anyone here or start anything because it could just be my board.

"these screws don't fit, I'm gonna hammer them into place!"

How on earth did you ever come to the conclusion that this was a good idea? You didn't think asking for the screw dimensions first and getting the correct ones was the better way to go about solving your issue?

Offline zian_

« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:35:58 »

"these screws don't fit, I'm gonna hammer them into place!"

How on earth did you ever come to the conclusion that this was a good idea? You didn't think asking for the screw dimensions first and getting the correct ones was the better way to go about solving your issue?

Did you not see where he said to push them in with something? Why are you so defensive?

Offline weaston

« Reply #1534 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:36:10 »

Oh my goodness it looks like you got screws from the wrong bag, I'm really sorry about that.  Only you and a 2 other people will have that problem, I will message the three of you privately and you will have your new screws delivered to you by the end of next week.  The screws look so similar I mistook them so I apologize.  Everyone else will have the correct screws in their boxes so not to worry.  Again I'm really really sorry, thank you for letting me know so I can fix it quickly.  Thank you all again for the patience.

Offline zian_

« Reply #1535 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:38:32 »
Anyway, saltiness aside, it seems to be a tolerance stacking issue. I removed some material from the screw head and they then fit in the hole and screw in with no issue, but out of the box there's definitely a tolerance issue with mine.

Offline zian_

« Reply #1536 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:43:41 »

Oh my goodness it looks like you got screws from the wrong bag, I'm really sorry about that.  Only you and a 2 other people will have that problem, I will message the three of you privately and you will have your new screws delivered to you by the end of next week.  The screws look so similar I mistook them so I apologize.  Everyone else will have the correct screws in their boxes so not to worry.  Again I'm really really sorry, thank you for letting me know so I can fix it quickly.  Thank you all again for the patience.

Ah, that makes sense! There was definitely something off there haha. Appreciate it, Weaston.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1537 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 10:46:45 »
It would still be highly appreciated if you could publicly share the correct specifications of fixations, please.

Offline weaston

« Reply #1538 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:34:52 »
Screw Update,

The few people with the wrong screws have been emailed and the correct screws are being mailed today so they will have them early next week.

Everyone else will be unaffected, the correct screws will be replaced in any boxes already packed and all other orders can rest assured of proper fitment.

Again I apologize for the annoyance, but no one else should be affected.  Thanks again for the patience.  You'll see many more tracking numbers early next week.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1539 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:42:12 »
Just like magic, more messages in 2 days vs 2 years.

Dude is going to ship 15-20 boards to get the felony fraud monkey off his back, then back to radio silence while GH loses focus with the lawsuit. You heard it here first.

joshuarubin's board first out the door of course - that's how these things go.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:44:58 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline zekth

« Reply #1540 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:46:05 »
You'll see many more tracking numbers early next week.

Does anyone else got his tracking?

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1541 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:47:36 »
No tracking yet.. hopefully I'll get mine as well.. with correct screws of course
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

« Reply #1542 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 14:37:31 »
No tracking yet.. hopefully I'll get mine as well.. with correct screws of course
Rumor has it I got yours, too bad for u, all you got was the wrong screws

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #1543 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 15:44:08 »
Just like magic, more messages in 2 days vs 2 years.

Dude is going to ship 15-20 boards to get the felony fraud monkey off his back, then back to radio silence while GH loses focus with the lawsuit. You heard it here first.

joshuarubin's board first out the door of course - that's how these things go.

lmao you actually think anyone believed that lawsuit

"he took $60k so give me $10k so i can whine to ship my rectangle"

Offline loopaddiction

« Reply #1544 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 15:44:50 »
So a couple people have asked this question but they remain ignored...what's the status of cerakote boards?

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1545 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 15:53:07 »
Rumor has it I got yours, too bad for u, all you got was the wrong screws

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

:eek: :)
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Shunx

« Reply #1546 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 16:53:46 »
This GB is so messed up. Weaston please dont run GB ever again.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1547 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 17:35:25 »
We have all had our concerns, but random accounts that have no stake in the buy have absolutely no reason to be here just to comment like this.
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1548 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 17:41:47 »
We have all had our concerns, but random accounts that have no stake in the buy have absolutely no reason to be here just to comment like this.

Maybe trying to get that post count up for Classifieds? :raughs:

Offline noahf

« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 11:20:37 »
or like that one guy that posted in rukia saying good luck so he could post his IC.....