Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stealth | Group buy is live + GIVEAWAY | Dec 16th - Jan 16th  (Read 128530 times)

Offline Bregoli

Re: [IC] GMK Stealth - inspired by stealth technology
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 01:47:48 »
An amazing set once again. Love it

Offline Contrakey

• Contrakey
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 01:51:23 »
You should take out the orange triangle in the horizon desk mat. Only thing that keeps me from buying it. IMO

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 03:09:56 »
You should take out the orange triangle in the horizon desk mat. Only thing that keeps me from buying it. IMO
i am the opposite. would not buy it without the orange triangle.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 03:39:09 »
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 03:53:18 »
choice of f row coloring is also strange

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 05:57:26 »
Nice rama caps
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2020, 01:20:04 by whirlwind »

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 08:07:07 »
OG icon placement please
+1
+2
+3
+4

I'm considering to add an OG Icon Mod Kit to the set.

The thought behind this choice was it to create a darker atmosphere for the Set. Like this the darker colors are superior and they sheath the brighter alpha colors.

The Geist renders are just fantastic. This set's aesthetics, especially with those novelties, are top-notch. And the extras are the cherry on top of the cake. I think you have a real winner on your hands here, FV.

Hey there! Cool set you've got here. We've been discussing your kitting over in the 40% discord and I wanted to compile and share a few community thoughts. For starters, thank you for including a 40% kit!

Lets get started!

The 40s Kit:
  • The 1.75u spacebar is a contentious little key. There are three different ways to handle the inclusion of a 1.75u spacebar:
  • Include two 1.75u spacebars. The Prime_L, JD40, and JD45 use two 1.75u spacebars whereas the only keeb that uses a single 1.75u spacebar is the Vortex Core
  • Include one 1.75u spacebar and the 1.75u minivan "Lock" key. This allows folks who use the Prime_L, JD40, and JD45 to use the minivan "Lock" key as one of the spacebars and for minivan users who use the 1.75u "Lock" key to not be forced to use the 1.75u spacebar. Most split bar users also do not map both split bars to be a space. 
  • The final option is to remove the 1.75u spacebar altogether. Among all split bars in the 40% community, the 1.75u is an odd bird. 
  • We'd love to see a 1.25u shift key included. This is not strictly mandatory as there are multiple 1.25u options in base kit. However, the prime_e uses 6x 1.25u modifiers AND a 1.25u shift, meaning if I were to join this GB for one of my prime_e boards, I would also have to pick up the "Additions" kit for that single 1.25u shift. This is not strictly a deal-breaker, but is definitely a nice to have key!
[/list]

There are some really good points here.

I think the right way to handle 1.75u space is to add a R4 1.75u Lock key, which is required either way for Minivan support. Without it, there's not much point to having 1.75u Backspace and (to a certain extent) 1.5u Enter in the kit.

I agree with including 1.25u Shift in the kit since ISO keys aren't part of base.

On top of that, there are a few more changes that I'd make to the Extension kit. I'll summarize everything below:
  • Add R4 1.75u Lock.
    This key is for Minivan support and also works as a second 1.75u space substitute.

• Add R4 1.25u Shift.
    If you're planning on keeping ISO keys separate from base.

• Remove either accent or non-accent 1.25u and 1.5u Enter keys.
    These sizes are not used commonly enough to justify having both accent and non-accent options in the kit. That space could be put to much better use by having more compatibility-extending keys in the kit.

• Add a second R4 1u Shift.
    Not all ortho users put Enter on R4, and some of them prefer having Shifts on both sides.

• Add a R3 1u Enter key.
    For similar reasons as above, some ortho users prefer having Enter on R3.

• Change R3 1u to (Ctrl icon).
    Tab is actually one of the less popular options for ortho keys on R3 (source), and the Ctrl icon is generic-looking enough that it can also substitute for Shift, Caps and Fn, the other popular options.
    The alternative would be to have a new mold created for a >_ icon (example), that this and future GMK sets would be able to use.

• I think the inclusion of the black 1u space keys is interesting, albeit not completely necessary.
    I guess these are in the kit for aesthetic reasons (having an all-black bottom row on an ortho board), but they could also be useful for people who prefer convex Lower/Raise keys. While these keys are not exactly necessary and can be cut if the kit ends up on the expensive side, I think they're an interesting addition nonetheless.

• (optional) Consider including a R1 1u Backspace key.
    This is for users of ortho boards with number rows, most notably the Preonic. But I wouldn't say this is a must, as the R1 Delete, R2 Backspace configuration is already supported.

On a separate note, as Mr. CustomerSupport has already pointed out, a 1u Alt key will need to be added to the Addition kit for the 1.5u Super keys to be usable.

I will take all of these advices and recommendations into consideration. I'm working these out with my next update on this Set!
Thanks for taking your time!

Offline dallman5

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 11:07:38 »

The thought behind this choice was it to create a darker atmosphere for the Set. Like this the darker colors are superior and they sheath the brighter alpha colors.

In that case why not just use an all dark F-row? I have to agree with OtherAndrew that the current color blocking looks strange and lacks balance.

+1 for OG icon mods as well
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline DeusL

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 12:20:07 »
Nice, very nice reminds me of the OG SLATE kit :) I’m in !

Offline yenel

Plastic GH60 | Rukia 1.5 | Orion v2.5 | Kei | Aria | Ciel Proto | Room40 | Jelly60 & Pro | TFV2 | Phantom TKL

G80-1800 | IBM M122 | AEK M0115 | AEK II M3501 | Zenith Z-150 | SGI Granite & Beige

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 14:27:26 »
Money go brbrbr

Offline xmaviik

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 16:32:08 »
Is it possible to add support to Portuguese Layout on the Norde Kit?

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 17:28:15 »
i am the opposite. would not buy it without the orange triangle.
I'm with Mario Chalmers on this one. The triangle is essential.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline preludecoda

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 19:01:19 »
Highly interested!
I would also love a secondary kit with RAL_9005 (DEEP BLACK) keycaps and RAL_7016 (ANTRACITE) legends so that we can have all deep black keycaps
Yes.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 22:50:12 »
OG icon placement please
+1
+2
+3
+4

You should know that the people who want OG icon mods want them in the base kit. They disapprove of changing the standard legends in the first place, creating this unnecessary schism. Trying to appease the people who want the original icon legends with an extra kit won't work that well, as they'll just skip this set completely rather than pay for an extra kit.

Offline djbakasan

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 23:22:31 »
Neutral on some of the other points raised.  I am however in the camp that would prefer an all dark F row.  I'd be in either way, but would def. have a strong preference for the full stealth vibe that an all dark F row would present as.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 23:29:27 »
Not sure what the demand will be like but I'd buy a reversed alphas kit in a heartbeat.
We could finally have GMK Doom

Offline VipermanGT2

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 23:54:41 »
OG icon placement please
+1
+2
+3
+4

You should know that the people who want OG icon mods want them in the base kit. They disapprove of changing the standard legends in the first place, creating this unnecessary schism. Trying to appease the people who want the original icon legends with an extra kit won't work that well, as they'll just skip this set completely rather than pay for an extra kit.

Exactly. Not sure what moron created these different mods recently, as I've seen them on a few sets...but they are a horrible design choice. I would imagine the sets that I saw with those hideous mods could have sold 30% more sets if they had just used regular mods...not this new age, terrible design. Nothing against the OP, but these new innovative design changes people are trying to make on stuff that has worked well for so long, is just moronic. Everyone thinks they're a designer nowadays...some might be designers...but it doesn't mean you're a good designer.

Just my 2 cents. Nice set tho. Will almost definitely buy if switched back to OG icon mods.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 23:59:03 »
Would you consider Icon plus Text modifiers? This could be a banger set, but the modifier preference easily makes the opposite choice for me.

R5 would be neat too but I don't know if people are so keen on that. Please do consider classic, Icon + Text mods.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 00:15:37 »
I didn't know GMK does prints on space bars.

Offline Beerbezerker

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 03:13:29 »
How much is the cable going to be with black Lemo connectors, $350USD?

Offline krey

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 03:52:04 »
Would have like dark alphas. But this is nice nonetheless.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline xmaviik

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 07:59:04 »
Is it possible to add support to Portuguese Layout on the Norde Kit?
Or there is no possibility?

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 12:02:42 »
[…]Not sure what moron created these different mods recently, as I've seen them on a few sets...but they are a horrible design choice. I would imagine the sets that I saw with those hideous mods could have sold 30% more sets if they had just used regular mods...not this new age, terrible design. Nothing against the OP, but these new innovative design changes people are trying to make on stuff that has worked well for so long, is just moronic.

"OK Boomer" I think is the correct response to this. Just say you don't like the centered mods and move on. I personally like them, and don't think designers need to be constrained to a key mould spec that some designer in the 70s/80s came up with arbitrarily.

Like you said here, it's a design choice that some designer(s) made to try and innovate on keysets. Just because it has worked well for so long, doesn't mean that it's right or best or whatever. If it made the set more expensive or prevented people from buying the set, that'd be a worthwhile reason to change.

Without people pushing boundaries where they can, this hobby will grow stale and stagnant.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 12:44:06 »
OG icons. Great set otherwise!

PS: Not a fan of the spacebar "novelty", if you wanna run orange spacebars just run orange spacebars. The text is tacky.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 12:47:16 »
OG icons. Great set otherwise!

PS: Not a fan of the spacebar "novelty", if you wanna run orange spacebars just run orange spacebars. The text is tacky.
I am feeling the same, never been a fan of writing text on spacebar.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline baccaan

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 16:10:01 »
Putting my vote in for a blackout alphas set. Even without the set is a guaranteed buy for me.

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 18:19:59 »
I'm sold, count me in.  :thumb:

Offline pandapau

• Where my Nord?
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 20:59:25 »
Hi there!

I was googling your GMK Stealth set when another popped out and seems like it was some time ago...
I think you should discuss with this guy on the naming of this set because they have the same name?
I don't know just letting you know I found another with the same name...

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105445.0
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2020, 21:01:11 by pandapau »

Offline Freeaboo

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 22:49:35 »
Between this and GMK Civilizations, my wallet is going to seriously hurt pretty soon.

Offline JKNY

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 00:16:38 »
Great design on the caps, ramas and deskmats. Love the spacebars and the text as it fits the stealth jet theme really well.

For those wanting dark alphas, I'm sure there will be GMK Dark extras.
For those expecting the designer to change everything to suit them, curb your self-importance and consider that this set might not be for you

Offline eyeon

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 01:01:07 »
Great looking set, there are two items that would be nice if it were changed.

1. If i want alice and 40s support would need to get "extension" and "addition" resulting in a bunch of redundant keys when the only ones from "addition" that would matter in that scenario is the 1.5 super and B key.  Having those keys moved to 40s and a separate kit for ISO support would be preferable.

2. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch but a 3u spacebar would be nice.

I actually like the different colors in the F row though to balance it out maybe toggle the colors on F1-F12.  The accent spacebar color looks good but I don't care for the text on it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 October 2020, 01:04:36 by eyeon »

Offline snurrebassen

• mechanical keyboard designer and enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 03:20:21 »
awesome, hoping for the best!
+1 for the nordekit  :cool:

Offline Etmost

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 03:20:31 »
This looks like a techwear kit but for keyboards. Will be interested to see how this develops.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 04:38:24 »
F-117/Have Blue/Tacit-blue/B-2 novelties are a must, surely?

Offline baccaan

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 11:59:04 »
For those wanting dark alphas, I'm sure there will be GMK Dark extras.

As I see it, GMK Dark has black legends on a dark grey base, whereas a blackout alphas set here would have grey legends on a black base. Therefore, I think a dedicated set here would make sense.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 12:35:32 »
tbh... I don't care if it uses the old icon or new icon mods. I'm sure the vast majority don't either.

My only suggestion is to add 2 1.5u Super and an extra 1u Alt keys in the base for those that use *nix/Mac and prefer Tsagan. If not possible, 2 1.5u Danger keys in the Novelty kit would resolve that issue.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:07:53 »
tbh... I don't care if it uses the old icon or new icon mods. I'm sure the vast majority don't either.

My only suggestion is to add 2 1.5u Super and an extra 1u Alt keys in the base for those that use *nix/Mac and prefer Tsagan. If not possible, 2 1.5u Danger keys in the Novelty kit would resolve that issue.

+1 on all this

Offline minokeys

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:37:34 »
dark alphas would be killer, digging the minimal amounts orange accents

Offline keyosc

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 16:22:02 »
Solid aesthetic here. 👌

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 20:09:12 »
the renders bro... next level

Offline Stev!e

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 21:51:56 »
Wow. This has to be one of the coolest sets I've seen in a while. I'm in!

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 01:34:08 »
I am a simple man. I see NorDe, I join.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 01:45:52 »
darker skiidata. i'm in.  :thumb:
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline gilbert

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 08:29:34 »
no ISO in basekit smhmh
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 06:52:44 »
Very nice indeed. +1 for NorDe  :thumb: Getting in on this for sure.

Now if only Candykeys would start up their "GMK Fishbed" set ;D

I hear you, there is some developments but we are waiting for GMK times to calm down.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline maximize

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 08 October 2020, 11:01:08 »
Oh my lort, I'm in. Love the low contrast and accents.