Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans Pink Lemonade  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Nqrwhql

• Hi :)
[IC] PBTfans Pink Lemonade
« on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:54:09 »

PBTfans Pink Lemonade

Introduction:
Inspired by an album cover, Asynq Designs brings you a design that'll make a bold statement in your battle station. After months of designing and brainstorming, we present you PBTfans Pink Lemonade! Hopefully, this set will give you the urge to go grab some pink lemonade at your local supermarket.

About the Set:
This set was inspired by Sangatsu no Phantasia's Pink Lemonade album cover. We took a liking to the colorful art style and decided to experiment with it until we found something we liked. The Hiragana Sublegends were added in respect to the song's country of origin. Much like the album cover, the set includes bright shades of blue and pink as they are colors we've always wanted to work with.

About the Designers:
This set is brought to you by: Aiden, Nqrwhql, and Chuwy.

Contents

PBTfans

For more info about PBTfans click "more".

More
What is PBTfans?
PBTfans is a new manufacturer created by KBDfans; it'll be double-shot on PBT plastic. In simpler terms, the legends are injected, look sharper, and will never fade or chip. Usually, double-shot is much more expensive than reverse dye-sub but in this case, it won't be. In fact, it'll be cheaper than ePBT prices, which use reverse dye-sub. This is largely because of the preset kits we need to follow, which makes manufacturing much easier and faster.

What are the wait times looking like?
This'll likely be an in-stock sale that'll be restocked monthly.

Are there any quality issues that I should know about?
As far as I can tell, after testing other PBTfans sets, I can confidently say that I have had no issues with it, and I daresay that these sets are better than GMK sets. The keycap thickness is 1.6mm, whereas GMK is 1.5mm.

Kit Renders

Novelties will be UV Printed!

Deskmats

Designed By Skeil

Designed By Asynq

Board Renders

Nemui By Bachoo / SP-111 By BlindAssassin111

Pillow65 by KeliumWorks / Isometria75 By Ebastler

Collabs

???
Coming Soon! Please join our Discord for updates.

Colors

Note: Please understand that the colors you see in the renders may look different from the physical colors. Please be aware that physical colors cannot be replicated in webspace.

Vendors

NA: TBD
CA: Ashkeebs
EU: MyKeyboard
ASIA/GLOBAL: KBDfans
OCE: Switch Keys

Special Thanks To

Skeil: Thank you for designing the amazing deskmats and novelties! (He's also running an IC, so check it out here!)

Signature

If you would like to support this set please add this signature and spread the word.
To add a signature go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117826.0][img width=213 height=95]https://i.imgur.com/iUHGKK1.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2022, 00:07:20 by Nqrwhql »

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [IC] PBTfans Pink Lemonade
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:55:19 »
Reserved

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 20:22:25 »
I wish the kit render backgrounds were just a dark gray or black.

4 deskmats is way too many IMO.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 20:39:47 »
Hi guys, I loved basin, I'm excited to take a look at what you made this time. :thumb: A few questions:

Is this a post purely for feedback or a post to check interest in a GB?

On the novelties, will that be pad printed? What are the plans for the manufacturing on those?

The colors are nice and bright but the legibility on the yellow is really low. Any way that can be improved by putting the pink on the legend?

+1. A grey background of some type would be nice, and I agree at least 1 of the deskmats should probably be nixed.

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 21:37:14 »

Thanks for letting us know! We were also concerned about the legibility due to the lighting. We'll update it as soon as we get the chance to redo them! As for the deskmats, we plan to remove the one that sees the least amount of support.

Hi guys, I loved basin, I'm excited to take a look at what you made this time. :thumb: A few questions:

Is this a post purely for feedback or a post to check interest in a GB?

On the novelties, will that be pad printed? What are the plans for the manufacturing on those?

The colors are nice and bright but the legibility on the yellow is really low. Any way that can be improved by putting the pink on the legend?

This interest check was posted for feedback and to see the amount of support this set would get. We plan to do an in-stock sale where vendors will buy directly from PBTfans and sell them in-stock. GB is also an option depending on what the community wants.

Novelties will be UV Printed! We'll make sure to label that in the post.

The brightness of the lighting was turned up really high so it would match the pink background. Looking back at it now, it was a pretty bad idea. We'll adjust the lighting and background color for better legibility!

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 22:32:47 »
Most saturated Weeb set in months. Congrats~!  :)

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 23:47:37 »
worse Miami, no 40s support, accent arrows locked in the spacebar kit, can't cover two boards with base + Latin alphas

glad to see four deskmats though

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 23:58:55 »
worse Miami, no 40s support, accent arrows locked in the spacebar kit, can't cover two boards with base + Latin alphas

glad to see four deskmats though

We'll see if we can change the kitting of the spacebar and base kit to better accommodate you. As for the 40s kit, that's my mistake, I created the kit but forgot to upload the image. Thanks for letting me know!

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 00:02:48 »
As for the 40s kit, that's my mistake, I created the kit but forgot to upload the image. Thanks for letting me know!

good to know! Latin alphas with a standalone set of 40s/ortho mods makes significantly more sense as a kitting decision

for normie boards though, you should consider adding a second tab to the base kit...on a cursory review, it looks like that would allow people who want Latin alphas to still kit a second full board with hiragana alphas and the leftover base kit mods

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 00:09:08 »
As for the 40s kit, that's my mistake, I created the kit but forgot to upload the image. Thanks for letting me know!

good to know! Latin alphas with a standalone set of 40s/ortho mods makes significantly more sense as a kitting decision

for normie boards though, you should consider adding a second tab to the base kit...on a cursory review, it looks like that would allow people who want Latin alphas to still kit a second full board with hiragana alphas and the leftover base kit mods

Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely take that into consideration when revising the kits. :thumb:

Offline Skeil

• I drink art and draw coffee
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 04:28:46 »
Those are some dope ass novelties and deskmats, I wonder who did them

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 15:37:25 »
Those are some dope ass novelties and deskmats, I wonder who did them

Haha, thank you so much!

Offline baconspoon

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 08:02:20 »
The kitting render background would honestly make the best deskmat. Just the plain light pink with the pink and yellow lemon slice. I think a lot of people want minimal, text free designs that don't just get covered up by the board. I keep seeing perfect deskmats that really compliment an highlight the actual keyboard.... as render backgrounds.
EDIT: The top two designs designs are laid out nicely for a keyboard (no focal elements in the center), just way too flashy for me personally. The bottom two are designed like a billboard, completely disregarding the keyboard.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 July 2022, 08:13:50 by baconspoon »

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 15:23:20 »
The kitting render background would honestly make the best deskmat. Just the plain light pink with the pink and yellow lemon slice. I think a lot of people want minimal, text free designs that don't just get covered up by the board. I keep seeing perfect deskmats that really compliment an highlight the actual keyboard.... as render backgrounds.
EDIT: The top two designs designs are laid out nicely for a keyboard (no focal elements in the center), just way too flashy for me personally. The bottom two are designed like a billboard, completely disregarding the keyboard.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll make improvements to the deskmat.

Offline babymoons

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 22:49:54 »
Looking forward to it. Hope it happens!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 17:28:27 »
idk about the set as I'm no... pbtfans fan, but I love the deskmats so much. will probably buy all four