Author Topic: [GB] SA Fledgling - keycaps shipped to vendors  (Read 78948 times)

Offline andromache

[GB] SA Fledgling - keycaps shipped to vendors
« on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 09:31:50 »

Group buy LIVE NOW until September 25!

Cute meets classy in SA Fledgling, a keycap set inspired by cheap red hair dye, washed-out Sacramento sunshine, and elaborate coming-of-age metaphors. In the vintage sculpted SA profile, this set evokes nostalgia without sacrificing a sense of playfulness. This set is intended to be produced by Signature Plastics in doubleshot ABS in the 1-2-3-4-3 sculpted SA profile.

Original IC thread

Join my Discord for keyset discussion and updates, in addition to updates on all of the upcoming collabs! I'll keep this post, Instagram, and the SA Fledgling website updated regularly. However, there will be informal leaks, etc. posted on the Discord, so check it out if you're interested (there are also cute cat emotes).

VENDORS AND PRICING

US - Vala.Supply
CAN - Ashkeebs
EU - MyKeyboard
UK - proto[typist]
China - zFrontier
SEA - iLumkb
OCE - Daily Clack

Philippines - Zion Studio PH
India - StacksKB

Be sure to check out the bundle pricing! Exact discount varies depending on your region.

KITS

Alphabet Kit

Mods - 60%-TKL Kit

Mods - 40s/Ortho Kit

Extension Kit

Numbers Kit

Spacebars Kit

ISO UK Kit

Novelty Kit
Novelties are designed by the extremely talented Eura

DESKMATS

METAL ARTISANS

By Salvun, a 1u SA R3 laser-engraved copper keycap in a custom-made cerakote color for Fledgling, featuring artwork by Eura and Shannie, clearcoated to keep it looking good for years to come

By Asero Foundry, a 2.25u SA R3 cnc machined aluminum keycap with cerakote finish

BOARD RENDERS

Geist by Maschine (and rendered by Maschine!)

Ikki68 Aurora in the Fledgling colorway by Wuque Studios

Petrichor by Alchemist Keyboards

Yeti by AxolStudio

Fuji65 by CMM.Studio

The50 by LazyDesigners

Whiskey by Bregoli

M60-A by RAMA

OGR by Alchemist Keyboards

For more board renders, check out the SA Fledgling website or my Instagram!

Ikki68 Aurora x Fledgling collaboration - NEW VERSION (8/13)

The Ikki68 Aurora collab has undergone a makeover! Basically, after the first iteration of the board went through IC, it was decided to make the design more unique and interesting, with an understated floral design on the back, sides, and just a bit on the front of the board, inspired by Shannie's Fledgling deskmat design! (Thank you to summerqm for design execution and pwade for the renders!) In addition, unlike previous versions of the Ikki68 Aurora, this collab design features an e-coated alu top case for a heavier and more premium feel!

All updated Ikki68 Aurora collab renders here

Fill out the interest check form here if you’d like to see this go to group buy, as well as to vote for your favorite badge color and design configuration! This group buy will not happen unless enough interest is shown, so this is super important! Please fill out the form, share with others, etc.!!

ADDITIONAL COLLABORATIONS

heavenmetals keyboards - will offer a limited collection of artisan cables
Luxe Cables - will do a Group Buy for cables matching the set
From Scratch USA - super pretty and stylish keyboard bags!

Arcana Keys
Bowbie Keycaps
Cantoclicks
CraftedByAnnie
KapCave
okeydokey.studio
peach artisans
Shirouu Caps
KeyWeBoards
Lemon Pup
Macher Studio
Ochre + Moss
yu.keys

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Lizcuits, Skok, banned, Beesley, ltafuri, and pwade - So many renders and revisions to renders throughout this project!! Thank you!!!
Eura - The novelties you created for this set are STUNNING and better than I could’ve ever envisioned.
Konstantin, Dr. Higsby, NoPunIn10Did, and acitrin - Thank you for all of your kitting advice! I learned a ton from your suggestions and insights.
All the wonderful friends I've made in this community who have supported this project <3
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 September 2023, 11:59:53 by andromache »

Offline Eoen

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - live until September 25!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 09:43:05 »
Love the set. GLWGB!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 09:44:16 »
Hella tight

Offline Hawkenfreude

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 09:58:29 »
So many great renders. And that pricing. Wowee.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 10:38:00 »
Grats andro!

Offline andromache

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 12:13:46 »
Cable collab with Luxe Cables is live here!

Check out the adorable engraving based on Eura's ladybug novelty design!!

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 13:30:12 »
hella tight INDEED

glwgb, friend

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 17:28:12 »
let's go fledgling! GLWGB!

Offline Skok

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 22:55:05 »
indubitably fly

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 23:25:53 »
Let's goo fledgling fly to the moon!

Offline andromache

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 16:58:28 »
Just want to share a few of the artisan collabs so far!!

The raffle from shirouu was last night!!

Okeydokey raffle ends tonight!! You can enter here!

Next up on Tuesday is the raffle from Macher!

Thank you everyone for your support so far!! I will try to get numbers from vendors next week so I can share how the GB is going after week 1!

Offline kight

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 12:23:29 »
Set hella tight and the collabs are amazing, GLWGB!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 21:14:40 »

Offline andromache

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - 4-day numbers and artisan collabs!
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 12:28:20 »
Super appreciate everyone's support on this set so far! <3 If you haven't ordered any kits yet, please consider. Even if SA isn't your jam, the deskmats are seriously GORGEOUS. If the colorway isn't your jam, consider the metal artisans, since pink (Salvun 1u) and dark navy blue (Asero 2.25u) will look great with many other SA sets, too.

Just want to share two more artisan collabs you can check out :

Macher Studio raffle, live now!

And a giveaway from KeyWeboards! They will also be having a fulfillment sale that starts Thursday, 9/2.

Offline cruelworld

• Formerly 'acruelwrld'
    • cruel world
Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - day 5 numbers and artisan collabs
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:32:56 »
hella tight

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 18:38:25 »

Offline Banned

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 19:33:03 »
Numbers are looking good! Love it

Offline andromache

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - week 2 numbers and more artisan collabs
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 19:53:00 »
Hello! As you can see a few posts above, the group buy numbers are moving along slowly but surely. I am cautiously optimistic that all kits and deskmats will be made, but this group buy still needs your support, and every bit of it is really appreciated  :). The metal artisans from Salvun and Asero Foundry could probably use extra support if you'd like to see those get made as well!!

In case you missed it, CraftedbyAnnie had a Fledgling collab raffle last Saturday!! (Maybe I should've posted here when it went live, but honestly I don't think anyone tracks artisan raffles via GH anyway, and it's all on IG and Discord!).

Yu.keys Fledgling Rami collab raffle is live now! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdizkhEDTKQg8qzNJQNmOcQitvzyijNIq6gBwwybYpjub_BUA/viewform

Offline Serval

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 08:51:08 »
Will the deskmats ship out earlier than the keyset if ordered separately?

Offline andromache

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 12:01:03 »
Will the deskmats ship out earlier than the keyset if ordered separately?

I would like to to say yes because I honestly don't see why that WOULDN'T be the case, but it might be best to confirm with your regional vendor for a more definitive answer. Though as far as I am aware, all of the vendors for this set will ship deskmats once they receive them, as long as they were ordered separately from the keyset.

Offline literarylottie

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 12:09:15 »
Hey, I had a quick question. If I wanted to cover an Alice type board, I would need an Alphas Kit, a 60%-TKL kit, and a spacebar kit, correct? Or do I need an Extension kit as well?

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 14:42:29 »
Hey, I had a quick question. If I wanted to cover an Alice type board, I would need an Alphas Kit, a 60%-TKL kit, and a spacebar kit, correct? Or do I need an Extension kit as well?
Alpha / Mod / Spacebar is enough for Alice.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline andromache

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 08:34:57 »

Looks like synthtastic already answered your question, but yeah, just to confirm - you'll only need the Alphas, 60%-TKL kit, and the spacebars! No extension necessary.

Thank you for supporting!! <3

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 14:28:27 »

Offline andromache

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - week 3 numbers and more artisan collabs
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 14:55:02 »
Week 3 numbers have obviously been shared above. Thanks everyone for your support so far, and I hope to see a big push in the last week and a half to get over MOQ! Support on the child kits has been great too.

The raffle for the collab with Cantoclicks is live now!  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z934A9Zd38xCB2Jq8yU7Zaq6MOAYPWJOcROQVSvF0g4/viewform?edit_requested=true

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - week 3 numbers and more artisan collabs
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 15:06:34 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - GB ended, waiting on final numbers + extras
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 19:51:13 »

Offline andromache

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - GB ended, everything will be made!
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 11:03:26 »
SP has been contacted with the final order, and they plan to invoice vendors in January. Estimated delivery is currently Q1 2023.

Vala is handling mats, and hopefully protos will be ordered soon! Prototyping for the Asero Hella Tight enter will hopefully begin sooner rather than later as well.

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 16:11:28 »
SP has been contacted with the final order, and they plan to invoice vendors in January. Estimated delivery is currently Q1 2023.

Vala is handling mats, and hopefully protos will be ordered soon! Prototyping for the Asero Hella Tight enter will hopefully begin sooner rather than later as well.

Oh arriving at the same time as another awesome keycap set, gonna be a sweet Q1 2023 for me!

Offline andromache

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:13:44 »
Since I haven't provided any updates here in awhile....received first round of deskmat samples in June and provided feedback accordingly to get a few changes/improvements to the colors. R2 deskmat samples should have been ordered, I expect to receive them sooner rather than later - hopefully in August. The R1 samples weren't AWFUL, so I'm hoping the changes for R2 samples will be good enough that they can be approved for production.

Salvun and Asero artisans are in progress. I believe the Salvun caps are in the queue, Asero (Hella Tight) caps completed manufacturing, are in the process of being cerakoted.

No keycap color samples from SP yet. I expect to go through the color sampling process once we're closer to production (hopefully production will start before end of year).

So no major developments here. Appreciate everyone's patience.

Offline andromache

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 09:32:11 »
Lol I was way too overly optimistic in hoping to receive R2 deskmat samples by August.....the R2 samples are being shipped via sea (as was the case with R1 samples), soooooo it's going to be awhile. I'm really sorry to anyone who ordered mats separately from the keycaps in the hopes of getting them earlier!

I reached out to SP about a month ago for a status update on the keyset, and the current production estimate is April 2023, with color sampling to start before end of 2022. After the GB concluded, there was a few months delay before the order was placed with SP, which is one likely cause of the delay (on top of the SA queue just being very slow moving). Appreciate everyone's patience.

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 15:58:30 »
Man... there really needs to be another quality SA manu that creators can go with instead of SP. Their lead times are getting asinine.

Offline CHAOSERA

• official website of chaosera
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 00:03:55 »
this is amazing.

Offline andromache

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 08:03:29 »
Received second round of deskmat samples about 2 weeks ago and I've approved this round for production (both designs). Currently in the process of reaching out to SP to see when the color sampling process for caps will start.

Offline andromache

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 18:17:01 »
As of a month ago, Vala said deskmats + the free stickers designed by shirouu were on the way to vendors and should be delivered soon, but unfortunately I haven't heard anything else since then and haven't heard from Vala despite multiple attempts to reach out, and the proxy vendors also never received any updates on these items. Sooooo :blank:

Luckily SP comms are great as usual. Samples are running behind schedule though. Waiting patiently.

Salvun caps are in his queue, machining scheduled to be complete by the end of the month.

Not sure of the status on the Hella Tight enter artisan from Asero - another case where I haven't been able to get a direct reply from him, though last month I heard through a vendor that the caps would be finished in 2-3 weeks. So fingers crossed that means soon.

Thanks as always to everyone for your patience. Doing my best here to stay on top of things!

Offline andromache

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 11 April 2023, 10:01:37 »
Deskmats have been shipped to vendors and some have started sending them to customers. To my knowledge, Vala forget to add the special Fledgling stickers designed by shirouu to the initial deskmat-only orders that were shipped out, but they will be sending them out in envelopes to the affected customers, so keep an eye out for those! I've reminded the other vendors to include the stickers as well, so I hope everyone receives them! Comms from Vala have improved in the past few weeks so I am feeling more optimistic compared to my previous update.

No new update at the moment on the Salvun caps.

Talked to Asero about the Hella Tight enter key - he has received the final caps and as of this week he is QCing them before sending to vendors.

Received the first round of color samples from SP. Approved the beige, rejected the red and blue-black. I am fast tracking some plastic Pantone chips to SP to forward to their color supplier to ensure that the second round of samples will be on target, so fingers crossed I can approve the red and blue-black after the second sample round and we can enter production then. I will ask SP for an updated production timeline as well.

As always, grateful for everyone's patience!

Offline andromache

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 02 June 2023, 16:08:40 »
All 3 colors are now approved, and SP is ordering the resin. So basically now we just wait!

Offline andromache

Re: [GB] SA Fledgling - keycaps shipped to vendors
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 12 September 2023, 12:02:58 »
Decision was made for the backspace novelty (the house) to be printed in UV with clear coat protection because although all novelties were designed to SP SA doubleshot spec, they just were not able to get this particular mold working correctly, and we did not want to delay production further.

I've confirmed with SP that the caps have shipped to all vendors other than zFrontier (not sure what the holdup is there, but I can follow up).

Fingers crossed vendors will receive + ship these out relatively soon.

Offline filefish

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 18 October 2023, 16:36:27 »
Haven't seen many photos of this yet out in the wild, so here's a few of my Fledgling build that I took today.

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 October 2023, 16:57:36 by filefish »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 10:30:26 »
Here’s another one then :) Even though the set is no longer on this board but I suppose it helps to see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk