Author Topic: [IC] MW Half Blade  (Read 31960 times)

Offline Mr Chrome

Re: [IC] MW Half Blade
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 04:18:00 »
What I don’t like about this set is that it’s GMK Alter with less readability. I know ABS can achieve brighter colours but I personally dislike dark sets with low contrast/hard-to-read legends.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 10:48:23 »
smh when will the suppression end

Also gmk alter did it better

Offline yui_

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:26:05 »
smh when will the suppression end
(Attachment Link)

Also gmk alter did it better
literally 1984

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:34:34 »
But the butt plug is totally fine :thumb:

Offline tarokeebs

• TMOv2r2 || Kikuichimonji
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 15:02:41 »
alter much

collection: tmov2 | kikuichimonji

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 05:49:37 »
**** yes

Offline Prism_JTN

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 20:50:27 »
I love this set so much. If it goes into GB I'm gonna pick up a few kits and that deskmat is gorgeous!

Now my take on the controversy: This set was made by weebs for weebs. People who haven't watched the show have no right to call out any kind of novs that the designer picks. The anime is full-on ecchi on purpose, nobody mentions that. I know AsiaSpace did not make those novs as a horny weeaboo, this is the entire premise of the show. The first time I saw them I was laughing and thought it was a great joke for those who understood it. Obviously, it was taken as inappropriate and pedophile-like. In the end, anime is just a drawing and Ryuko is 17 (only a few months away from being legal is most parts of the world...). I'm not trying to mask real mental illness (pedophilea) but why sexualize a piece of clothing that was made as a meme? If it was a boxer or a speedo, would you guys have responded in the same way?

Anyway, in terms of it looking like Alter, I think this set does it better. The base kit is better, the pricing will most likely be better, and the rest of the novs are amazing. I understand that there is stigma around people who make similar-looking colorways to another set that came before it but we really need to chill a bit. There are only so many color combos and if a designer needs to match a certain "character" they need to use the colors in such a way that makes sense. Could the set have red alphas with navy legends? Sure, but the character uses red as an accent, not a base (for example). Just because someone else made a set on Alter Saber with a certain colorway (her actual colors), doesn't mean that some other designer can't make a set similar that resembles a completely different character (which has the same colors). Both are different enough to not be confused with each other and I welcome anyone who didn't get into GMK Alter to buy MW Halfblade without the novs just to have a set they didn't manage to get. That would be all.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 21:42:47 »
This set was made by weebs for weebs. People who haven't watched the show have no right to call out any kind of novs that the designer picks. The first time I saw them I was laughing and thought it was a great joke for those who understood it.The anime is full-on ecchi on purpose, nobody mentions that.

Obviously, it was taken as inappropriate and pedophile-like. In the end, anime is just a drawing and Ryuko is 17 (only a few months away from being legal is most parts of the world...). I'm not trying to mask real mental illness (pedophilea) but why sexualize a piece of clothing that was made as a meme? If it was a boxer or a speedo, would you guys have responded in the same way?

1. People absolutely have the right to call out novs that have the panties of an underage girl. another weeb set did this and the community responded the exact same way.
2. The anime being ecchi on purpose, laughing about the "great joke," "anime is only a drawing" and saying that Ryuko is only 17 is basically a self-report
3. If it was a boxer/speedo of an underage male character I would have responded the exact same way
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 December 2021, 21:47:53 by Cylent »

Offline BearlyAlive

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 03:23:08 »
I really like this color scheme. I wasn't in the hobby when GMK alter went on GB, really looking forward to pick this up when it goes on GB.

Plus the novelties are great.

With it being from Milkyways, I'm sure it'll have good pricing and short production time. Can't wait!

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 03:39:09 »
I love this set so much. If it goes into GB I'm gonna pick up a few kits and that deskmat is gorgeous!

Now my take on the controversy: This set was made by weebs for weebs. People who haven't watched the show have no right to call out any kind of novs that the designer picks. The anime is full-on ecchi on purpose, nobody mentions that. I know AsiaSpace did not make those novs as a horny weeaboo, this is the entire premise of the show. The first time I saw them I was laughing and thought it was a great joke for those who understood it. Obviously, it was taken as inappropriate and pedophile-like. In the end, anime is just a drawing and Ryuko is 17 (only a few months away from being legal is most parts of the world...). I'm not trying to mask real mental illness (pedophilea) but why sexualize a piece of clothing that was made as a meme? If it was a boxer or a speedo, would you guys have responded in the same way?

Anyway, in terms of it looking like Alter, I think this set does it better. The base kit is better, the pricing will most likely be better, and the rest of the novs are amazing. I understand that there is stigma around people who make similar-looking colorways to another set that came before it but we really need to chill a bit. There are only so many color combos and if a designer needs to match a certain "character" they need to use the colors in such a way that makes sense. Could the set have red alphas with navy legends? Sure, but the character uses red as an accent, not a base (for example). Just because someone else made a set on Alter Saber with a certain colorway (her actual colors), doesn't mean that some other designer can't make a set similar that resembles a completely different character (which has the same colors). Both are different enough to not be confused with each other and I welcome anyone who didn't get into GMK Alter to buy MW Halfblade without the novs just to have a set they didn't manage to get. That would be all.

Nice self report

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 08:46:25 »

This has real "she's actually a 1000 year old dragon" energy.

Offline Stan98

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 17:24:55 »
I really like this color scheme. I wasn't in the hobby when GMK alter went on GB, really looking forward to pick this up when it goes on GB.

Plus the novelties are great.

With it being from Milkyways, I'm sure it'll have good pricing and short production time. Can't wait!

yeah, im sure if alter did a rerun I would go with that instead but as it stands this is as close as im going to get to owning a set lmao.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 21:24:53 »
ha!  I knew it was just a matter of time for this to exist.  100% in!

Offline chat and team

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 01:21:14 »
gmk bushido is instock on novelkeys btw
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline Rx003

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 08:34:34 »
Great, just in time. I need spacebar kit for my GMK Alter

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 11:30:16 »
On your spacebar kit, you have two sets of 3us and 1.25us. The 3us are worthless without the 1u spacebar. idk if MW doesn't have the 1u mold, but it would probably be better to not offer the 3us at all or offer them with another 1u R4 blank or something.

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 12:19:34 »

:blink:

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 12:57:53 »
On your spacebar kit, you have two sets of 3us and 1.25us. The 3us are worthless without the 1u spacebar. idk if MW doesn't have the 1u mold, but it would probably be better to not offer the 3us at all or offer them with another 1u R4 blank or something.
MW does have a convex 1u spacebar mold.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 13:48:52 »
MW does have a convex 1u spacebar mold.

In that case shouldn't the navy 1.25u be changed to a 1u and a red 1u added?

Offline _ystem_

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 14:14:45 »
Would like the inclusion of more orange so it isn't as close to GMK Alter.

Also good rework of the novelties. The community is mad at this because of reasons that fathom me

Offline blueredyellow

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 01:43:09 »
Interested to see this set come to fruition, cheers

Offline sorathiel

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 05:46:56 »
can't say I care much about the inspiration or similarities to existing sets, but the colors would go great with my desk setup  :p
just pls fix [; :] key in norde kit to [, ;] thanks!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 06:58:27 »
People really out here getting angry about fictional characters and people who enjoy them.
Smdh tbqh tbh rn.

Guess I should hold back on my bible black themed set.

In for this btw.

I understand being horny on main but for real, can someone explain to me why anyone draws panty novelties based on characters under the age 18 and thinks to themselves "yeah this is totally acceptable behavior"?
I guarantee you that you will be shocked if you actually watch the anime.
Simple fact is that its 1. Fictional 2. Not real 3. Clearly a drawing 4. Obviously not for you.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 09:15:24 »
The number of self-reports on this thread continues to grow. Am I out of touch? No, it is the children weebs who are wrong.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 January 2022, 13:47:56 by Cylent »

Offline Rusopolous

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 13:04:01 »
For the base and maybe some novelties I think it would be a good idea to include some of the colors and designs from her jacket when she first arrives. I know everyone mentioned that this set does look awfully similar to another set so this may help and present some new ideas. As another option for the novelties maybe include the small tab that is pulled when she transforms outfits? Would also like to see legends larger since it's a big theme in the series where names and titles are presented in extremely large font sizing. This may be difficult to do since the legends are not a custom font or anything, but again it's just an idea.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 20:01:59 »
FYI there is an error in your Norde kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.