geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] PBTFans Umbra - IN STOCK SALE LIVE!

<< < (9/13) > >>

C_L | Soup:
Will other vendors be getting their stock around the in-stock sale from KBDFans?

Jsunn:
Really wish they would include a R1 End and PgDn for us 1800 users that have 4 keas above the numpad.
GMK has them, but PBTFans doesn't have a set that has those 2 keys for R1.

-J

CaesarAZealad:

--- Quote from: Pach on Thu, 08 December 2022, 18:30:38 ---12/8 Update

Hello! It's been a while and a couple of (un)changes happened. First of all: we are back to doubleshot PBT over ABS. Final results are around 65/35 in favor of PBT, and as well as the recent findings of PBTFans ABS being questionable with UV printing and the crooked legends, I feel like returning back to PBT, which has been given thumbs up for quality by people and was the original marketing of this set, is the right decision at this time.

Secondly, due to some miscommunication on what keys were included in which kits, the hiragana kit has been changed to not include the alternative mod-colored keys. I know this might be sad news for some, but including those literally would have doubled the manufacturing price. The numpad kit also had the two "Enter" text legend accent keys removed.

In addition, I've also been given news by KBDFans that they are able to do an in-stock sale format relatively soon, so that's also happening.  :D

This will likely be one of the last updates before the in-stock sale if nothing major changes. When I get word on pricing, I'll have that posted here also.

Also - the KBDFans IC page is now up! Please select "Notify me" if you're interested and also so KBDFans can collect numbers!
Join the interest check on KBDFans!

--- End quote ---
Thank the lord. ABS is the devil's plastic.

Pach:
2/10 Update

It's been quite a while; sorry for the radio silence. Good news and bad news.

The bad news is that unfortunately, the in-stock sale isn't going to be this month. Life got a bit busy, but I've been trying my best to get things moving.

The good news is that I actually got a physical sample set sent from KBDFans (so the extra wait was beneficial)! I also verified the samples with Mekibo, too, and everything seems good to go! I've attached pictures so you can see how the set looks, including with some direct sunlight hitting it. I've also included GMK Umbra colors so the change in colors is better seen. Keep in mind that these are uncorrected digital images, and lighting really affects these colors a lot (as you can tell between the two images. For example, the color difference between GMK Umbra and PBTFans Umbra seems more extreme in one image than the other). You can see how the saturation in the alphas and mods match better, and how the modifier color has been tuned brighter so it doesn't look so dark in certain situations.

I'm also working on updating the renders to match the samples as closely as possible, so I'll post another update when numbers are in and everything's updated.

Over the next couple weeks, vendors will be putting numbers in and manufacturing will start. It'll be approximately 2-3 months for manufacturing and after that the in stock sale will happen!

Akele:
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but the GMK caps are the ones installed on the board and the PBTFans samples are the three plain caps shown on top / alongside the keys? I like the cooler tones of the plain caps, which I'm assuming are the PBTFans samples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version