Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 623630 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #850 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:12:22 »
One thing thus far that hasn't been mentioned yet what about the Scroll Wheel, which rodent has the better scroll wheel action?

The surprising thing with my collection is that so far, the Mionix Naos 5000 has the absolute BEST action scroll wheel.  Silent yet firm action when used.  The DA2013 has the usual scroll one way it's tolerable but scroll up and the blighter makes noise.  To me that's cheap rubbish.  I want both ways to be equally quiet not just one way, but maybe the idiots at Razer thought that was a design necessity, who knows?

Yep, so which of the people here have a scroll wheel that they love so much they bought the mouse to use it........ ?
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 September 2013, 05:14:00 by Elrick »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #851 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 06:08:04 »
I'm going to be the one guy that just comes out with it, Razer naga, Purley because i had a 5 pound mouse before and the difference is ridiculous. I'm interested at this thread as im looking for a new one, had mine for 2 years now.

The Naga is a good mouse, it is actually one of my favourite mice simply due to the shape.
Although if you're looking for a new mouse and like having lots of buttons, see if you can try a G600. Buttons are way better, as is the software, but depending on how you use your mouse the shape might be a dealbreaker, so unless the side buttons are top priority I would recommend trying before you buy.
Thanks mate, ill have a look into it, yeah i do love the shape of the naga though. Currently studying 3D animation and graphic design so shape is key as i need a good grip on the mouse for precision but i might keep my naga for that and have the G600 as a gaming mouse/general use/

If you do graphic design I would highly recommend a graphics tablet.
Also, the shape doesn't matter much outside of gaming; the main reason for suggesting to try the G600 first is that it doesn't lend itself very well to games where you lift the mouse often, since the shape lets you rest your hand on it. If you lift it often then you might risk accidentally pressing buttons on the numpad. Although since it has a good dual-layer feature you could just have all the main layer buttons do nothing and have all your commands on the second layer.

Basically; you're not gonna lose precision in your normal programs. You don't need to place the text correctly in PS before some other guy, you can take your time and make sure everything is the way you want it, the reason people need mouse precision is so they can do precision movements as quick as possible, before the other guy shoots them. There's not that kind of timed pressure in design.

Offline MrRossyTaylor

• Gaming/ Youtube
« Reply #852 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 07:02:05 »
I'm going to be the one guy that just comes out with it, Razer naga, Purley because i had a 5 pound mouse before and the difference is ridiculous. I'm interested at this thread as im looking for a new one, had mine for 2 years now.

The Naga is a good mouse, it is actually one of my favourite mice simply due to the shape.
Although if you're looking for a new mouse and like having lots of buttons, see if you can try a G600. Buttons are way better, as is the software, but depending on how you use your mouse the shape might be a dealbreaker, so unless the side buttons are top priority I would recommend trying before you buy.
Thanks mate, ill have a look into it, yeah i do love the shape of the naga though. Currently studying 3D animation and graphic design so shape is key as i need a good grip on the mouse for precision but i might keep my naga for that and have the G600 as a gaming mouse/general use/

If you do graphic design I would highly recommend a graphics tablet.
Also, the shape doesn't matter much outside of gaming; the main reason for suggesting to try the G600 first is that it doesn't lend itself very well to games where you lift the mouse often, since the shape lets you rest your hand on it. If you lift it often then you might risk accidentally pressing buttons on the numpad. Although since it has a good dual-layer feature you could just have all the main layer buttons do nothing and have all your commands on the second layer.

Basically; you're not gonna lose precision in your normal programs. You don't need to place the text correctly in PS before some other guy, you can take your time and make sure everything is the way you want it, the reason people need mouse precision is so they can do precision movements as quick as possible, before the other guy shoots them. There's not that kind of timed pressure in design.
Yeah you're right, it just takes time to adjust i suppose, i will definitely look into it though, Thanks for the recommendation
http://imgur.com/a/sU8ej#1 - My setup

Want to hear my lovely New keyboard? ,come join me -http://www.twitch.tv/mrrossytaylor

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #853 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:38:49 »
Logitech G5

I think mine's going on 8 years of use now.  Does anyone else here have a mouse they've been using longer?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #854 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 08:58:59 »
Logitech G5

I think mine's going on 8 years of use now.  Does anyone else here have a mouse they've been using longer?

Razer Viper.  I think I used that one for about six or seven years. 

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #855 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 09:07:00 »
Logitech G5

I used my Logitech MX518 for 11 years.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline bchan009

« Reply #856 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 11:55:04 »
First post on the forum!  =D

I use an Elecom Scope Node.  Love it. <3

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #857 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 12:41:25 »
I used my Logitech MX518 for 11 years.

Me too. This week, I swapped it out for the new Logitech G602. I'm loving the feel of it, but as usual, the software can be a bit flaky at times.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #858 on: Fri, 27 September 2013, 13:07:16 »
I still have a fully working MX500. I have only replaced the feet, cable and the spring for the scroll. I don't know exactly when it launched but it has probably seen a few miles. That would be a nifty feature, an internal counter of approximately how far it as slided over the years.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #859 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 20:55:30 »
Has anyone here on Geekhack bought and/or used the current Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 yet?

Please let us know how it feels or if you could make any comparisons to any previous older mice from them.  Very interested in finding out if it's better or worse than their famous Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #860 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 07:20:55 »
Has anyone here on Geekhack bought and/or used the current Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 yet?

Please let us know how it feels or if you could make any comparisons to any previous older mice from them.  Very interested in finding out if it's better or worse than their famous Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

Considering the popularity of the IME 3.0 I think we'd know about it by now if the 6k was any better. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not, since people still love and want the 3.0 despite the 6k being available.

Offline ctbear

« Reply #861 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 10:18:50 »
I've gone through many mouses for the last few years, and I finally settle down on a Steelseries Sensei. Lightweight, accurate, useful software, onboard profile and customization.
I would also recommend a Steelseries Kana if you want something similar to the old MS IME3.0.

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #862 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 12:10:14 »
Trying out a Logitech G500s, still not sure what I think. Replacing an old DA; originally was thinking of getting a Steelseries Sensei but don't have it available locally, almost bought a DA 2013 but thought I should try something new. I'm sort of a fingertip-grip, I like the shape even if it's unfamiliar, still playing with the additional weights, getting used to the different sensitivity and wheel. Giving it a couple days before I decide whether to keep it or not.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 14:14:54 by Phedran »

Offline tanilolli

• ಠ_ಠ
    • The Tech Zone Live
« Reply #863 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 18:35:07 »
My favorite mouse, and daily driver for the last two years has been the Logitech G700. It's as clean as the day I bought it, and if it ever breaks (knock on wood) I will replace it with the new G700s. Besides that, I also use a Kensington Slimblade from time to time just to change things up a bit.
Leopold FC200RT/AB Cherry MX Browns

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #864 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 18:53:56 »
Trying out a Logitech G500s, still not sure what I think. Replacing an old DA; originally was thinking of getting a Steelseries Sensei but don't have it available locally, almost bought a DA 2013 but thought I should try something new.

The 500S is a FINE rodent, you'll have no trouble using it at all.  The surface finish is way above a DA2013 cheapo spray job, done in the back shed during summer  :p .

Even though the 500S has a Laser sensor there is no problems using it in any environment (Gaming or Applications.)  I still go back to mine when I encounter something foul like Razer rubbish or Mionix crap.  In the end I suspect I will always go back to Logitech the ONLY company making universal mice that just work in any OS.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #865 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 18:59:46 »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not, since people still love and want the 3.0 despite the 6k being available.

Maybe everyone is scared to try one out.  After all currently most of the current Microsoft range is designed by tossers thinking bright colours and weird shapes will attract people.  It may be so but US here (Geekhack) are not that naive.  I might buy one just to try out, because how could they really stuff up a classic that still gets rave reviews, years down the track?

I still like the shape, which is very important for rodents in general.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #866 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 19:02:21 »
Trying out a Logitech G500s, still not sure what I think. Replacing an old DA; originally was thinking of getting a Steelseries Sensei but don't have it available locally, almost bought a DA 2013 but thought I should try something new.

The 500S is a FINE rodent, you'll have no trouble using it at all.  The surface finish is way above a DA2013 cheapo spray job, done in the back shed during summer  :p .

Even though the 500S has a Laser sensor there is no problems using it in any environment (Gaming or Applications.)  I still go back to mine when I encounter something foul like Razer rubbish or Mionix crap.  In the end I suspect I will always go back to Logitech the ONLY company making universal mice that just work in any OS.

You do know that Logitech use pretty much the same surface finish for several of their mice? G700s, G600, Naga 2012 and DA2013 all use the same surface finish. The exact chemicals might be different, I don't know, but they feel exactly the same to me and have the same properties. If anything, the G700s surface was worse than the previously mentioned mice.
Also, plenty of manufacturers make mice that work just fine under any OS, what you're talking about is software, which very few mice require for basic functionality.

Edit:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's not, since people still love and want the 3.0 despite the 6k being available.

Maybe everyone is scared to try one out.  After all currently most of the current Microsoft range is designed by tossers thinking bright colours and weird shapes will attract people.  It may be so but US here (Geekhack) are not that naive.  I might buy one just to try out, because how could they really stuff up a classic that still gets rave reviews, years down the track?

I still like the shape, which is very important for rodents in general.

Considering the dedicated following the 3.0 has and how much many would like a rebirth, I'm pretty sure we'd know if the 6k was a worthy successor. Although it might be a good replacement for you, personally, depending on your requirements, but generally I'm gonna say it's not.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 19:05:05 by vun »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #867 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 20:07:34 »
If anything, the G700s surface was worse than the previously mentioned mice. Also, plenty of manufacturers make mice that work just fine under any OS, what you're talking about is software, which very few mice require for basic functionality.

I haven't bought the G700S but if you claim it's the same surface finish as the DA2013 (only worse) then I'll avoid the purchase just the same.  PLUS I hate wireless rodents to begin with, have no need for them at all.  I only mentioned the latest G400S and G500S (I own both) but love using the G500S due to it's laser.  Plus the surface finish is way superior to the DA2013.  The DA2013 feels like sand paper with an un-even finish like someone ran out of the craggy/sandy surface when sprayed all over the casing (hence my insistence it was hand-sprayed in a garden shed) giving it that sort of quality.  Very poor indeed compared to the G400S and G500S finish which is superb and done professionally without any differing/textured spots on their casing.

Also "software" ( I never use software from any company's mouse) well I have the current version of Windows 8 Pro x64 (yes shoot me in the head), and the current Mionix 5000 and 8200 series won't play ball with the OS.  Even though there are firmware (software) updates available and applied to these rodents they still will hose the OS given the chance.  The 5000 series likes to restart the OS when I select "Shut Down".  Go figure the rodent won't allow the PC to turn off completely.  The only way to leave the PC off is to pull out the Mionix usb connection then the PC stays off.  This same behaviour also occurred with Razer Diamondback and Lachesis too (nice to know that CRAP mice are universal rather than adhering to only one manufacturer).

That is something weird with just these rodents made by Mionix and Razer hence my general disdain of them.  Although they are the only rodents to do that with my current Internet PC and also tried them on several other computers with the same result using the Win 7 and 8 OS's.

Considering the dedicated following the 3.0 has and how much many would like a rebirth, I'm pretty sure we'd know if the 6k was a worthy successor. Although it might be a good replacement for you, personally, depending on your requirements, but generally I'm gonna say it's not.

Well then it looks likes it's going to be me then, in finding out about their latest model rodent.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 20:29:11 by Elrick »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #868 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:02:54 »
I'm looking at the Corsair M65. And the Gigabyte Krypton. Having a hard time deciding.

The "sniper" button on the M65 has me weary. leaning towards the krypton although I dislike the branding.

I have an M60, it's a really well built mouse and comfortable. I never really use the sniper button, but I can see how it may be useful. A lot of people complain about the software, I never installed it though. Not sure how that has changed with the M65

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #869 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:30:55 »
I'm looking at the Corsair M65. And the Gigabyte Krypton. Having a hard time deciding.

The "sniper" button on the M65 has me weary. leaning towards the krypton although I dislike the branding.

I have an M60, it's a really well built mouse and comfortable. I never really use the sniper button, but I can see how it may be useful. A lot of people complain about the software, I never installed it though. Not sure how that has changed with the M65

I have the M60 (for which the software is pretty buggy and a bit cryptic) and I set up a friend's M65 for him when I built his PC. The software is the same as far as I can tell but what I did is configure the mouse how I wanted it, save the config to the mouse and then uninstall the software. Any button on the mouse can be assigned to whatever you want (including the sniper button).

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #870 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:40:30 »
Can't really decide on my favorite...

The rubber coating as well as the teflon feet of the Roccat Kone Pure are completely uncomparable with any other mice I've used, including some models from Razer (DA 3.5, Abyssus, Imperator and Naga), but although the ergonomy isn't really all that bad, it's just not as good as the Corsair M65 (third) or the Logitech G9x.

The perfect mouse for me, would be a Logitech G9x with proper internals and NOT this **** he has inside:

Seriously, Logitech just had to go and use the worst scroll available, the worst switch for the middle button and some crappy switches for the side buttons....

And by the way, in case anyone's wondering, the best bang for the buck, imo, is the CM Storm Recon, has even higher quality internals than the Roccat Kone Pure and cost half as much.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #871 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 07:42:53 »
Don't remember when I last posted in this thread, but anyways...

Kensington Expert Mouse.  Big ole trackball.

Trackballs ftw
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #872 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 13:06:28 »
One thing thus far that hasn't been mentioned yet what about the Scroll Wheel, which rodent has the better scroll wheel action?

The surprising thing with my collection is that so far, the Mionix Naos 5000 has the absolute BEST action scroll wheel.  Silent yet firm action when used.  The DA2013 has the usual scroll one way it's tolerable but scroll up and the blighter makes noise.  To me that's cheap rubbish.  I want both ways to be equally quiet not just one way, but maybe the idiots at Razer thought that was a design necessity, who knows?

Yep, so which of the people here have a scroll wheel that they love so much they bought the mouse to use it........ ?

I am quite interested in this as I am currently searching for and trying out different scroll designs for use in my mouse project. More input like this would be helpful. I am going to visit a larger store which has a few mice on display to test and try out the scroll mechanisms but I doubt I am allowed to disassemble them or make any further investigations.

Logitech MX500 since roughly the time of launch. What would that be, early 2002 or something?

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #873 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:03:31 »
Don't remember when I last posted in this thread, but anyways...

Kensington Expert Mouse.  Big ole trackball.

Trackballs ftw

Can't forget the trusty ol' Trackpoint L40! Best $5 mouse I ever bought.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #874 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:39:42 »
I am quite interested in this as I am currently searching for and trying out different scroll designs for use in my mouse project. More input like this would be helpful. I am going to visit a larger store which has a few mice on display to test and try out the scroll mechanisms but I doubt I am allowed to disassemble them or make any further investigations.

I bought the MIONIX 5000 due to it having that perfect Scroll Wheel Action which I want as silent as possible in both directions yet you still feel the movement subtly through your index finger.  I still haven't found another mouse with a scroll wheel that has a similar feel to the Mionix rodent.  Pity the sensor is so horrible making the whole thing rather useless.  Although it would be nice to transfer the scroll wheel onto another mouse housing and seeing if it works.  If you want to be nasty buying the your next rodent, in a bricks and mortar establishment you can still take it apart but be careful reinstalling the mouse feet back into position so that it looks like new when you return it - after it's disembowelment.

I've done that a few times over the years so that it saved me at least over $200 in total when it came to finding out what's inside these nasty little critters ;) .

Logitech MX500 since roughly the time of launch. What would that be, early 2002 or something?

I had an MX500 but eventually the side black plastic/rubber housing started to become chewable as my dog decided it tasted that good it had to munch on it.  It was my favourite rodent at the time but unfortunately they don't sell them any more - even on Ebay.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #875 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 19:18:47 »
Anyone used or tried the Zowie FK before ?
I might wanna get that. Currently using a SS Sensei Non-Raw
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Emospence

« Reply #876 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 20:40:41 »

I did, just sold it.

Awesome mouse but too low and narrow for my liking :(
Keyboards: Topre Realforce 87UW 55g x 2
Mice: Zowie EC1 eVo CL x 2
Mousepads: Artisan Hien VE x 2, Razer Mantis Speed

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #877 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 21:20:50 »

I did, just sold it.

Awesome mouse but too low and narrow for my liking :(

Apparently it's the exact replicate of a sensei except slighly thinner.
Hmm, there's no brick and mortar shop around here for me to test it.  :(
Might just try my luck with it and hopefully I'll like it.
Thanks anyways
 :p
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #878 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 21:44:48 »
Can't forget the trusty ol' Trackpoint L40! Best $5 mouse I ever bought.

Hey Mr. Windows here's the first ever right handed IBM rodent I've ever seen for sale;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IBM-M018B-3-Button-USB-Ball-Mouse-Mice-FREE-Shipping-USED-/310745327929?pt=Mice&hash=item4859dd6939

Just found it by accident, because I'm such an Ebay Addict  :thumb: .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #879 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 00:59:46 »
Just received my ROCCAT Kone XTD.

It comes in a substantial package, very swish.  Says designed in Germany but of course all made in China (like all of them) but this baby actually feels sublime.

The plastic isn't that cheap nasty-style of Razer junk but a really high quality felt-like rubber finish.  It basically feels so smooth which is what I like.  I would say if you ever touched a Sea Lion that is how it feels to your fingers almost like a living creature.

The Buttons are perfect (there I said it) not loud when clicked but not silent either and the SCROLL Wheel is basically like Mionix only BETTER.  Did you know they designed the scroll wheel to take a minimum weight of 3kgs of pressure.  In fact I tried to snap the wheel off by leaning in to it with half my body weight and it still never cracked or broke.  Looks like I'll have to torture it in another way.

It's a basically large style mouse compared to everything else out there but the quality of the mouse is something else.  Very easy to move around on my mouse pad but the thing that bothers me are the stupid-ass vegas lights - which is worse than a DA2013.  I don't like the lights blinking on and off in a pulse like transition.  Of course it's perfect at night when you can see it clearly if there is no extra lighting besides the monitor and that mouse.

It came with four 5g's of weights which I piled into the Kone XTD and it actually is now a very perfectly weighted mouse.  Because I like heavy mice this baby is now suddenly my darling, she stays were you leave her because the cable isn't strong enough to move it if you yank it around violently.  The cable too feels so soft like a strand of hair that my GF has.  She of course is now jealous because of my sudden admiration for this new toy I have.

So far when using it without any software installed or bothered to update the firmware at all,  the OS seems to like it so.  Damn, it looks like there are perfect rodents left for the consumer, you just have to look and try.  Although I have to use this baby for another 2 to 3 months before I bestow my high admiration award for this mouse.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 01:10:17 by Elrick »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #880 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 04:56:48 »
Apparently it's the exact replicate of a sensei except slighly thinner.
Hmm, there's no brick and mortar shop around here for me to test it.  :(
Might just try my luck with it and hopefully I'll like it.
Thanks anyways
 :p

Yeah, it's usually a leap of faith when it comes to Zowie stuff, there's no physical shop that carries it in my whole country.

With the FK, I felt like my hand was kind of hovering over the mouse, which gets tiring after a while. But I still miss it :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #881 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 05:13:02 »
It's a basically large style mouse compared to everything else out there but the quality of the mouse is something else.  Very easy to move around on my mouse pad but the thing that bothers me are the stupid-ass vegas lights - which is worse than a DA2013.  I don't like the lights blinking on and off in a pulse like transition.  Of course it's perfect at night when you can see it clearly if there is no extra lighting besides the monitor and that mouse.

It's possible to turn the lights off, at least on other Roccat mouses, through Roccat linux drivers (no idea about the MS Windows software).

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #882 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 05:16:16 »
I had an MX500 but eventually the side black plastic/rubber housing started to become chewable as my dog decided it tasted that good it had to munch on it.  It was my favourite rodent at the time but unfortunately they don't sell them any more - even on Ebay.

I got a second one as a spare a few years back but I have yet had to use it in any way since my first one is still rocking it. I have replaced the feet, the cord and done few modifications inside though. The rubber coating also wore off on the sides so I bead blasted it to remove it and make the matte finish actually be the plastic. That has lasted ever since and not gotten shiny.

I have taken a cheapo scroll unit from a budget crap mouse which I will use in my new one for now, but I will definitely look into the Mionix 5000 and Roccat Kone XT. I am going to make it perfect.

Offline SNF

« Reply #883 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:36:03 »
1)WMO 1.1 Bluemouse
2)g400

Debating to get Zowie AM or FK  :rolleyes:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #884 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 18:26:08 »
1)WMO 1.1 Bluemouse
2)g400

Debating to get Zowie AM or FK  :rolleyes:

FK! btw where are you getting it from ? ^-^

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #885 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:26:40 »
I got the latest rodent dropped off on my front doorstep so to speak.  It's a ROCCAT KONE Pure Optical.

So far it's quite nice.  Not as heavy as the XTD nor as big but extremely usable.  Only downside, the Razer-like red coloured, heartbeat flaring of the led.

It has the same extraordinary felt like rubber on both sides of the rodent plus a normal plastic top (with a matt finish).  Nothing spectacular looking but it seems quite conservative, compared to most teenage-style like rodents - being sold on the net.

The optical sensor seems just as good as the XTD's laser one.  The scroll wheel is sublime, so silent yet a nice faint notch-like feeling as you work the beggar up or down in any situation.  Again I pressed the scroll wheel down so hard my nail changed colour from flesh tone to bright white for 3 minutes yet nothing snapped.  Means this baby is a keeper.  Every mouse I buy I give it the full thumb treatment grip to see if the scroll wheel will snap off or the switch breaks, but it hadn't even missed a beat.

I can tell you one thing for sure ROCCAT really do make top quality mice now.  Because this is my second version from them I wait for their next models to be released soon.

The funny thing is, I still haven't got my Zowie EC1 eVo yet .......
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:31:48 by Elrick »

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #886 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 01:41:54 »
The scroll wheel is sublime, so silent yet a nice faint notch-like feeling as you work the beggar up or down in any situation.  Again I pressed the scroll wheel down so hard my nail changed colour from flesh tone to bright white for 3 minutes yet nothing snapped.  Means this baby is a keeper.  Every mouse I buy I give it the full thumb treatment grip to see if the scroll wheel will snap off or the switch breaks, but it hadn't even missed a beat.

If you ever have to open it up to fix something, please let me know.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #887 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:08:34 »
If you ever have to open it up to fix something, please let me know.

No worries.

Offline brialona

« Reply #888 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:18:04 »
I just got the ss sensei raw, it's decent so far but I'm not to fond of the buttons on the right.
ozil

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:18:52 »
You won't believe it but just now a second delivery van came by and dropped off my Zowie EC1 eVo rodent......yeah  :thumb: .

Just broke it out of the White and Black packaging and it looks almost exactly like an official Microsoft Optical IE 3.0.  But this latest Zowie mouse has come in a totally white colour, mimicking a microsoft rodent (that's why I chose it).

In fact the surface treatment of the plastic is exactly like Microsoft's older mice with a shiny coating that sticks to your fingers.  In fact the more you sweat the stickier the mouse becomes, go figure.  The only downside is the scroller which passed my thumb grip but is extremely noisy as you scroll up and down compared to the ROCCAT version. 

The EC1 also has the original style of grey rubber cable which is unique in the world of ONLY Black coloured-woven, covering amongst 99.8% of world mouse's (aka rodents).  But the good thing is the cable is so light there is no hindrance when moving it furiously around the pad in any situation.

But kudos to Zowie in trying their best to beat an IE 3.0 it might not be perfect but it will definitely beat down your enemies in any game.  PS. I like the button underneath the mouse that has 3 selections of pointer speed (red)450, (purple)1150 and (blue)2300 dpi.  The simplest mouse to configure - before you use it in any game though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:27:37 by Elrick »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #890 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:26:40 »
You won't believe it but just now a second delivery van came by and dropped off my Zowie EC1 eVo rodent......yeah  :thumb: .

Just broke it out of the White and Black packaging and it looks almost exactly like an official Microsoft Optical IE 3.0.  But this latest Zowie mouse has come in a totally white colour, mimicking a microsoft rodent (that's why I chose it).

In fact the surface treatment of the plastic is exactly like Microsoft's older mice with a shiny coating that sticks to your fingers.  In fact the more you sweat the stickier the mouse becomes, go figure.  The only downside is the scroller which passed my thumb grip but is extremely noisy as you scroll up and down compared to the ROCCAT version.

But kudos to Zowie in trying their best to beat an IE 3.0 it might not be perfect but it will definitely beat down your enemies in any game.  PS. I like the button underneath the mouse that has 3 selections of pointer speed (red)450, (purple)1150 and (blue)2300 dpi.  The simplest mouse to configure - before you use it in any game though.

Love them Zowies. EC1 eVo (mine is black) is my current favourite while I await my CLs. Got it from the recommended retailer in Malaysia but apparently it got caught in the customs there :(

Sounds like you will like the new scroll wheel, which is supposed to be lighter ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #891 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 02:36:09 »
Love them Zowies. EC1 eVo (mine is black) is my current favourite while I await my CLs. Got it from the recommended retailer in Malaysia but apparently it got caught in the customs there :(

Sounds like you will like the new scroll wheel, which is supposed to be lighter ;)

Mine came in from the US but it had a Customs form inside the packaging letting me know it was inspected to check that the item listed in the paper work is actually it.  I get a lot of this type of behaviour from Australian Customs due to the amount of stuff I buy every month from overseas.  I also buy Motorcyle parts, Tools and Equipment and they are noticing vast sum of items coming in, I suspect they're starting to pin me down when Abbott the greedy scumbag, starts to introduce elevated GST taxes and import duties.

The scroll wheel of the EC1 eVo needs to be accustomed to because I have been using the ROCCAT XTD for some time now, about a couple of weeks.  Yeah I like the Zowie very nice grip and reminds me so much of what Microsoft use to do in the OLD days.  I recommend anyone to get this Zowie because it works rather nice on a FUNC 1030 pad.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #892 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 03:53:48 »
Never liked the glossy coating on the EC, it gets very grippy but just feels dirty/uncomfortable, that's why I prefer rubber coating. 
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #893 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 04:00:37 »
Never liked the glossy coating on the EC, it gets very grippy but just feels dirty/uncomfortable, that's why I prefer rubber coating.

That is why you wash your hands which is easy.  I don't pick my nose nor my ears or even bother to scratch the arse while using the mouse, so where do you put your hands that makes them so dirty?

For me the Zowie EC1 eVo is like the Microsoft Mouse that should of been.  Very sturdy casing design that doesn't creak or crack when squeezed hard (unlike Razer DA2013 rubbish that squealed like a cheap b*tch).

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #894 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 04:22:33 »
Not a hygiene issue because having freshly washed hands doesn't make a difference for me. ;)

I just feels sticky instead of grippy if that does make sense.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #895 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 04:38:19 »

I guess I love the feel of it because it reminds me of the Intellimouse Pro PS2 mice Made in Mexico all those years ago.  I still have them and adore them so much.  It always makes me feel like I'm back in 1996 when I use them so this Zowie EC1 eVo is my time machine  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2013, 04:40:40 by Elrick »

Offline Emospence

« Reply #896 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 05:35:47 »
Not a hygiene issue because having freshly washed hands doesn't make a difference for me. ;)

I think you'll prefer the black, although it'll be slippery as hell if you have dry hands. It's the most slippery mouse I've used when my hand happens to be dry. The fk coating is my favourite

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #897 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 11:50:09 »
I prefer ambidextrous mice anyway, currently using a FK, no problems so far.

Offline SNF

« Reply #898 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 13:08:29 »
#1 fav is WMO, light, good tracking, fits perfectly for my hands.. only downside is crap scrollwheel and missing side buttons.

#2 is g400, everything is great except the size and weight for my hands, and some people had issues with the wire but I never experienced it.

Debating to try a Zowie AM or FK because the side buttons would be convienant

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #899 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 00:50:00 »
My Imperator is acting up again and I've already sent it back to Razer for warranty once before, so I bought a Steelseries Sensei. I've been very close to pulling the trigger on a Slimblade for a while now but I do need a mouse for gaming, so a trackball will have to wait.