Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 622792 times)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
Re: What your fav mouse?
« Reply #550 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 14:21:27 »
My favourite mouse by far is the Qpad 5K. It's a mouse that nobody ever really mentions, but it is by far the comfiest mouse I have ever used. I've tried most of the mice offered by Logitech, as well as mice by Razer and many other brands, and to me the Qpad is so much better than any of them.

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #551 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 15:41:41 »
For me, my favorite mouse can not have any acceleration or prediction, and has to track well on cloth. So laser mice are out basically. I also tend to prefer simple ambidextrous mice. They should be light with an evenly distributed weight. The scroll wheel should be easy to use and does not need to have side-scrolling and things like that. i also value durability. Aesthetically, I like simplicity.

Some of my favorite mice are:
-Zowie AM and FK
-WMO 1.1
-Logitech MX518 & G400 (best for me among ergonomic mice)

The best shape and look , for me, goes to the Steelseries Sensei. If only it had a better sensor.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2013, 15:43:24 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline cannedlemons

« Reply #552 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 21:35:31 »
I like the Sensei but for some reason I also like my G300 just for my own reasons haha. But for looks I like my Deathadder but overall my sensei is in between for all my likes :D

Offline kealokian

« Reply #553 on: Sun, 03 March 2013, 22:00:32 »
I recently picked up a Mionix Naos 8200.
Most comfortable mouse I've ever used.
It's an excellent product.

Offline ducatisteve

« Reply #554 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 07:37:10 »
It's sad, but my favorite is the Apple Magic Mouse.  The multi-touch gestures that work with my MBA are really handy.  For gaming I use a Logitech G700.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 11:45:14 »
Yeah, a lot of people don't like the MM because it's not very ergonomic, but combine it with BetterTouchTool, and it's quite possibly the mouse practical pointing device I've ever used.

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #556 on: Tue, 05 March 2013, 22:54:19 »
Alright, have to weight in here.

I have a Razer Deathadder and I think it is the one of the best gaming mice out there. Number one reason is that I have big hands (I am 6 feet 5 inches tell) and since this mouse is a little bigger than others it fits my hand nicely when I play Battlefield 3.

I would buy this exact mouse again when my current one finally wears out.

That is all  :D

Offline jksteger

« Reply #557 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 13:59:32 »
i'm sporting the Logitech G500 myself...

j.

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 16:39:04 »

I'm considering this as a replacement if my G700 ever dies.
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #559 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 23:23:48 »
Not too impressed with the Nausita. All the DPI settings are preset, so you cannot adjust them to your exact liking, it's really heavy, the middle mouse button has these stupid side clicks so when you middle mouse down you get like 3 clicks, and the thing is so slippery it's impossible to lift. Regret thy name is Feenix. Guess I'll be going back to my Mionix.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 01:55:02 »
Razer Deathadder Black Edition. That is what I am using now. I love the weight and feel of the plastic and the large thumb buttons. having them as back and forward on the browser is amazing.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline kealokian

« Reply #561 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 22:07:48 »

I'm considering this as a replacement if my G700 ever dies.

It comes highly recommended from this guy =D
I still can't get over how comfortable it is.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #562 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 00:27:48 »
Well, after having used a bunch of mice (G9x, Deathadder, Taipan, G700, G400), I've finally settled on the Razer Taipan. So, yea... that's my favorite one.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 01:27:59 »
It's a sick ass mouse. Been swapping back and forth between the taipan and the da 2013 for the past month.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #564 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 01:32:00 »
Yeap... the narrow shape is a little awkward in regular desktop use, but when I start to game with it, it almost feels like it disappears. Ie., it just gets out of your way, which, in my eyes, is a good thing.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #565 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 01:46:27 »
I have used the Monix, Rocat Savu, Rocat Kone XTD, and I'm about to try out the deathadder black edition.
I have not found a wired mouse I like. The Monix was weird in my hand, and the rocat had a few tracking and scrolling problems.

So hopefully the deathadder is nice, I am always reluctant to buy razer products.

I've been using my wireless logitech performance mx for a few years and its holding out really well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2013, 01:48:27 by hellocodes »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #566 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 01:56:33 »
Anyone remember the Krait? That was a solid mouse right there. I took that thing camping a few times, got filled with dirt and sand, some burns on it and it still worked like it did on day 1. Oh Razer, what happened to your QA?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #567 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 02:46:51 »
There's a Krait 2013, which is essentially a smaller Taipan with less buttons. Apparently it's pretty awesome, but it's not in the US market. Gotta get it off eBay

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #568 on: Sat, 09 March 2013, 04:44:22 »
There's a Krait 2013, which is essentially a smaller Taipan with less buttons. Apparently it's pretty awesome, but it's not in the US market. Gotta get it off eBay
I really don't trust modern Razer design. The best products I've ever owned from them were the Boomslang(had for 6 years, took a pitbull puppy to kill it) and Krait(rain, mud, fire, and sand the thing still worked) both of which are older models. I purchased a Mamba, which is hands down the worst mouse I've ever owned for a myrid of reasons, and a black widow who's switches decided to stop responding to input. They replaced both(Razer) but the point that it happened at all still stands.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #569 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 03:38:04 »
I really don't trust modern Razer design. The best products I've ever owned from them were the Boomslang(had for 6 years, took a pitbull puppy to kill it) and Krait(rain, mud, fire, and sand the thing still worked) both of which are older models.

So true I use to have the original (still the BEST mouse ever created) Boomslang which worked beautifully on any surface.  The housing was nice and firm with solid buttons that always worked regardless if they were drenched in sand (yes I played with it outside in the sand-pit), the mouse still worked regardless.

Shame they gave up on the original design which was perfect for my large ape hands.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #570 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 03:50:13 »
Yea. I do remember Razer (during the time of the Boomslangs) having a rep for decent quality mice. They almost ran out of business, IIRC, at one point, and when they started getting re-invested by other partners, was when the quality of their mice started going downhill (this was around the time of the original Deathadder I believe).

But, I have to admit the Razer Taipan's build quality is actually not bad. Its plastic feels more sturdy than previous Deathadders (not the 2013), and Imperators I've tried. I've also read the 2013 Deathadder having better build quality than the previous generations.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 March 2013, 03:52:55 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #571 on: Sun, 10 March 2013, 11:44:37 »
The DA 2013 and Taipan are two of the best mice I've ever used. I honestly never had a problem with Razer mice. It's everything else that sucks.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #572 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 11:36:39 »
The DA 2013 and Taipan are two of the best mice I've ever used. I honestly never had a problem with Razer mice. It's everything else that sucks.
I have no problem with Razer's build quality. I had the deathadder when I was about 9-11 years old, and it was great then since my hands were small.. However, now I always find razer mice to be far too small. I've tried all of them and not a single one is comfortable for me. I had, and in fact still have lying around somewhere, a blackwidow which was a solid keyboard. The gloss sucked though.
Saying 'everything else sucks' is silly. I've got a qpad 5k now and it's the best mouse i've ever used, and I've tried a hell of a lot of mice.
github

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #573 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 18:47:04 »
I think he's referring to everything else, in the Razer line.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #574 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 18:49:46 »
I think he's referring to everything else, in the Razer line.
My bad. I misread.
github

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #575 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 02:58:47 »
DeathAdder when you were 9 - 11? Jesus, how old are you? I was 27 when they came out :-\ Young'ns up in here

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #576 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 03:18:46 »
DeathAdder when you were 9 - 11? Jesus, how old are you? I was 27 when they came out :-\ Young'ns up in here
I'm 15. Maybe I was a little younger or older when I had the deathadder... I can't recall exactly when I had it. I just remember it was too small by the time I was 12.
github

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #577 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 08:34:26 »
i had a wireless g7 for years that i loved but ended up replacing it with a g9.  its been serving me pretty well but i'm still looking for something else.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 March 2013, 22:40:07 by badcop »
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #578 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 13:36:51 »
Received a WMO 1.1A today. The shape and build quality are far from perfect, but good enough—actually, it feels much more solid than my dad's IME. Even though I prefer high sensitivity, this might be my favorite mouse for left-handed use.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #579 on: Tue, 12 March 2013, 19:58:23 »
Well, as an update to my mouse search, I returned the Taipan, and purchased a G400 instead. While I absolutely loved the narrow/slim form factor of the Taipan, I wanted at least some ergonomics. And while I could have gone for something like a Deathadder or G700, I also wanted some resemblance of a slim/narrow form factor.

So, I thought the G400 was a nice middle ground, and I'm actually quite happy with it so far. It isn't as bad as I remember/expected it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2013, 20:02:29 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #580 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 01:12:13 »
Man... I gotta say. I just had a session with Crysis 3, and I'm not digging the ergonomics of the G400 for FPS play. It could be something that's going to take getting used to, and other people may very well not have problems with it themselves, but... I just don't like it.

What are people's thoughts on the G400 for FPS's? That said, what are some other good mice for FPS's in terms of ergonomics?

I'll still be heading out to Fry's to check out other mice, though. The G400 was only $29, so I have no problem writing it off as a loss.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 March 2013, 03:03:09 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline stingrae

« Reply #581 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 04:26:15 »
Man... I gotta say. I just had a session with Crysis 3, and I'm not digging the ergonomics of the G400 for FPS play. It could be something that's going to take getting used to, and other people may very well not have problems with it themselves, but... I just don't like it.

What are people's thoughts on the G400 for FPS's? That said, what are some other good mice for FPS's in terms of ergonomics?

I'll still be heading out to Fry's to check out other mice, though. The G400 was only $29, so I have no problem writing it off as a loss.

Just because something claims to be ergonomic doesn't make it so. Just like someone telling you bananas are good for you and you not really having a good reaction to them.

I tried a G400 and it was too big for my hands, would have cramped them terribly. I am far more comfortable with my Genius Maurus and flatter thinner mice (like the lachesis, diamondback, rat3 and abyssus). People like the G400/mx518 for FPS but mostly that's because it has a really good sensor however there are plenty of mice with good sensors so finding one that fits is much easier like the Savu, Deathadder, Recon, new RAT 3. It is however a personal thing the people that praise the G400 probably haven't needed to try anything else myself not having big hands meant I had to try quite a few mice.
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #582 on: Sat, 16 March 2013, 12:19:58 »
Yeah, it really depends on your hands. I have pretty big hands, long fingers and such, and find the G400 to be very comfortable for pretty much any kind of play, but only fingertip/claw grip. I can't palm it because my hands are too wide.

Offline Shinx

« Reply #583 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 02:23:06 »
Auugh the R.A.T 7 has bad acceleration issues. Just when I got used to the grip too :( I'll be seeking out another DA3.5g unless I can find a good mouse that doesn't have acceleration in it. I think the Zowie ec eVo doesn't but I can't find any information anywhere.

Offline stingrae

« Reply #584 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 03:26:09 »
Auugh the R.A.T 7 has bad acceleration issues. Just when I got used to the grip too :( I'll be seeking out another DA3.5g unless I can find a good mouse that doesn't have acceleration in it. I think the Zowie ec eVo doesn't but I can't find any information anywhere.

That's odd seeing as it uses the phillips twineyes that are only really famous for their z-axis issue.

Are you sure you don't have it turned on somewhere like not applying the registry fix?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #585 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 05:00:28 »

That's odd seeing as it uses the phillips twineyes that are only really famous for their z-axis issue.

Are you sure you don't have it turned on somewhere like not applying the registry fix?
Yeah, the RAT 7 uses the PTE sensor which is the only laser sensor with no hardware accel. If you've got accel issues then you need to check your windows/driver/game settings.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 11:56:20 »
Or he could have an older model. I believe the 1st run of the RAT 7 had a phillips twin-eye, but I could be mistaken.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 16:07:52 »
Or he could have an older model. I believe the 1st run of the RAT 7 had a phillips twin-eye, but I could be mistaken.
All RAT 7 models have had the acceleration-free PTE, but the 1. gen had a 5600dpi version whereas the newer models have a slightly improved 6400dpi PTE sensor.
At least that's what I've gathered.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #588 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 16:30:33 »
Interesting. I never knew the PTE didn't have acceleration. I guess I just had naturally assumed all laser sensors had accel, given all of Avago's laser sensors do.

Which mice use the PTE sensor? Now I know the Rat 7 does, but IIRC so does the Razer Mamba?

That said, I actually ordered a Steel Series Sensei MLG Edition just yesterday (before I found out about the PTE sensor, unfortunately). I will write my impressions on it soon.

Daerid, what are your opinions on the Steel Series Sensei, and how does it compare to the Deathadder and Taipan in terms of ergonomics? Also, is its hardware accel noticeable/a problem? Finally, I heard there are problems with it not starting up when restarting the computer, but that might be specific to the MLG edition only; did you experience that, too?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 March 2013, 16:50:51 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline stingrae

« Reply #589 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 16:48:15 »
Interesting. I never knew the PTE didn't have acceleration. I guess I just had naturally assumed all laser sensors had accel, given all of Avago's laser sensors do.

Which mice use the PTE sensor? Now I know the Rat 7 does, but IIRC so does the Razer Mamba?

That said, I actually ordered a Steel Series Sensei MLG Edition just yesterday (before I found out about the PTE sensor, unfortunately). I will write my impressions on it soon.

Daerid, what are your opinions on the Steel Series Sensei, and how does it compare to the Deathadder and Taipan in terms of ergonomics? Also, is its hardware accel noticeable/a problem? Finally, I heard there are problems with it not starting up when restarting your computer, but that might be specific to the MLG edition only; did you experience that, too?

Razer's previous generation of mice apart from abyssus and deathadder 3.5g were all twin eye (lachesis, tron, mamba, naga, imperator). While it's not plagued by acceleration I wouldn't be too quick to grab it as the sensor suffers from a z-axis error where each lift will place the cursor down diagonally to the right each time. So if you don't lift a mouse fine but I found it too annoying.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #590 on: Mon, 18 March 2013, 19:24:34 »

Daerid, what are your opinions on the Steel Series Sensei, and how does it compare to the Deathadder and Taipan in terms of ergonomics? Also, is its hardware accel noticeable/a problem? Finally, I heard there are problems with it not starting up when restarting your computer, but that might be specific to the MLG edition only; did you experience that, too?

Razer's previous generation of mice apart from abyssus and deathadder 3.5g were all twin eye (lachesis, tron, mamba, naga, imperator). While it's not plagued by acceleration I wouldn't be too quick to grab it as the sensor suffers from a z-axis error where each lift will place the cursor down diagonally to the right each time. So if you don't lift a mouse fine but I found it too annoying.
Afaik the Abyssys and DA 3.5G are a generation older than the mice you listed, along with the original Lachesis. Although the Lachesis got a refresh where it got the new scroll wheel, multicolour LEDs and the 5600dpi PTE.

Also, to fuzzybazzy; I use a lot of mice with with sensors similar to the Sensei(Avago 9500-9800 series), including the Sensei, and the hardware acceleration has never been an issue for me. Even in precision FPS like Counter-Strike.
I have the non-MLG edition, no restart issues so far, it's been brilliant.

Offline stingrae

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 01:48:02 »

Afaik the Abyssys and DA 3.5G are a generation older than the mice you listed, along with the original Lachesis. Although the Lachesis got a refresh where it got the new scroll wheel, multicolour LEDs and the 5600dpi PTE.

Also, to fuzzybazzy; I use a lot of mice with with sensors similar to the Sensei(Avago 9500-9800 series), including the Sensei, and the hardware acceleration has never been an issue for me. Even in precision FPS like Counter-Strike.
I have the non-MLG edition, no restart issues so far, it's been brilliant.

Imperator, abyssus and deathadder 3.5g launched around the same time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razer_USA#Comparison_of_Razer_mouse_devices)

Lachesis v1 shipped near the salmosa but yes I should have specified that I meant the v2 version.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #592 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 03:53:41 »
vun: Gotcha. Thanks for LMK.

I honestly tried a bunch of other mice that used the Avago Laser sensors, too, like the G9x, and the Logitech G700, and I never had a problem with acceleration, either. I also know a lot of high level Starcraft 2 pros use mice using the same sensors, too - for instance, I know Taeja uses the G9x, and both MVP and MC use the Sensei. Then again, these are RTS games, so maybe it might be different with FPS's.

Regardless, I just thought I'd ask for more opinions. =P Thanks again for letting me know.

Also, I miss the Lachesis A LOT. I know the Taipan tries to follow a similar form factor, but the Lachesis was just... it was something different than all the other mice out there. Something about its shape made me want to whoop ass in games. Definitely one of the mice I most regret returning.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2013, 04:20:50 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #593 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 07:48:18 »
vun: Gotcha. Thanks for LMK.

I honestly tried a bunch of other mice that used the Avago Laser sensors, too, like the G9x, and the Logitech G700, and I never had a problem with acceleration, either. I also know a lot of high level Starcraft 2 pros use mice using the same sensors, too - for instance, I know Taeja uses the G9x, and both MVP and MC use the Sensei. Then again, these are RTS games, so maybe it might be different with FPS's.

Regardless, I just thought I'd ask for more opinions. =P Thanks again for letting me know.

Also, I miss the Lachesis A LOT. I know the Taipan tries to follow a similar form factor, but the Lachesis was just... it was something different than all the other mice out there. Something about its shape made me want to whoop ass in games. Definitely one of the mice I most regret returning.
I'd suggest you see if you can grab a Lachesis now if you want one, the newest version seems to be on the way out of stores atm, at least here in Norway.

Edit:
Thanks for the fact check stingrae, I just went off of the timeline I have in my head. I didn't know the Mamba and Naga models are that old. Apparently Razer hasn't made anything interesting for years now, apart from the Ouroboros.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 March 2013, 07:57:14 by vun »

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #594 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 12:36:41 »
^ vun, yea. That was the exact same thought that crossed my mind as I wrote my last post (about the lachesis). I might actually pull the trigger, we'll see.

Daerid: Hey dude! What are your opinions on the Sensei? Any accel issues for you? How are the ergonomics?

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #595 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:50:20 »
Wow... so I just got my Steel Series Sensei MLG edition, and I like it, a lot. In terms of ergonomics, I have to honestly say it's pretty much perfect. It's exactly what I was looking for. It lets me have a nice, comfortable claw-grip, yet it still has a (relatively) narrower body, compared to something, let's say, a Deathadder and/or G9x.

It certainly has a shape similar to the WMO, but all the criticisms I had of the WMO are actually all gone. It's the perfect mouse for claw-gripping. 

I can't speak for the sensor, though. I just haven't had enough time with the mouse, nor do I have enough gaming expertise and/or experience to really know if the mouse has acceleration issues. Meh. So far, I've had no problems. I think it's a keeper!
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 March 2013, 17:52:35 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline Atakp

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #596 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 18:55:51 »
Wow... so I just got my Steel Series Sensei MLG edition, and I like it, a lot. In terms of ergonomics, I have to honestly say it's pretty much perfect. It's exactly what I was looking for. It lets me have a nice, comfortable claw-grip, yet it still has a (relatively) narrower body, compared to something, let's say, a Deathadder and/or G9x.

It certainly has a shape similar to the WMO, but all the criticisms I had of the WMO are actually all gone. It's the perfect mouse for claw-gripping. 

I can't speak for the sensor, though. I just haven't had enough time with the mouse, nor do I have enough gaming expertise and/or experience to really know if the mouse has acceleration issues. Meh. So far, I've had no problems. I think it's a keeper!

As long as you like the feel of the mouse and you don't notice the acceleration then I'd say use it and enjoy it. Not that you are, but I think a lot of people worry about the acceleration issue when it doesn't really have any effect on their normal use

Offline Demofly

« Reply #597 on: Fri, 22 March 2013, 23:16:14 »
I have yet to find my favorite mouse. I don't think it exists.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline tauburn

« Reply #598 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 00:07:50 »
how can there be so many replies when the only correct answer is g400

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #599 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 00:17:09 »
how can there be so many replies when the only correct answer is g400

Any mouse without onboard memory is a no go for me :)