geekhack Community > Reviews

Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid (MX Reds)

<< < (3/3)

kealokian:
Very nice, in-depth review!
I picked up a QFR with the blues in it recently.
I LOVE it! But I do wish it had that red backing like yours has.

Wellborn11:
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Keyboard Review

Manufacturer: Cooler Master
Product Name: Storm QuickFire Rapid
Model Number: SGK-4000-GKCL1-US
Price As Tested: $79.99

Full Disclosure: The product sample used in this article has been provided by Cooler Master.

Although mechanical keyboards have been making a comeback in recent years many of the design are quite bulky in comparison to their rubber dome counter parts. Looking to fill this area of the market Cooler Master designed the Storm QuickFire Rapid mechanical keyboard using the venerable Cherry MX Blue switches, fit into a comfortable 14" x 5" design. This makes the QuickFire Rapid perfect for LAN parties or mobile workers who may want a better typing experience than their laptops are able to offer. Benchmark Reviews will evaluate if the Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid is the perfect pint size keyboard or if corners were cut in order to meet size and price goals.

The CM Storm QuickFire Rapid was designed to be a minimalist solution to a mechanical gaming keyboard. In lieu of complicated software, extra buttons, and an extravagant outward appearance, the QuickFire Rapid opts for a subtle design, no software, and a basic and yet extremely functional keyboard setup. Add in full NRKO when using the included PS/2 adapter, a two-year warranty, and the wonderful Cherry MX Blue switches and you have the makings for a wonderful small mechanical keyboard that can be used almost anywhere.

CM_Storm_QuickFire_Rapid_Box.jpg

As with any other peripheral it is important look at the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid from a well-rounded standpoint, this means using it in a various situations including gaming (MMO, RTS, FPS), and from a typist standpoint.

420:
that is one hella sexy keyboard my friend...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version