Author Topic: Name it. We'll do our best to get it. (v2.0)  (Read 532661 times)

Offline lyrill

Re: Name it. We'll do our best to get it. (v2.0)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 02:49:48 »
http://matias.ca/miniquietpro/pc/

I WANT THIS SO BAD!!! THEY EASILY OWNS THE FULL SIZE COUNTERPART:

http://www.matias.ca/quietpro/pc/

quoting the only difference in their description besides tab key on numpad:

"Compact for comfort & travel.
There are several advantages that come with a compact keyboard...

More free space on your desk.
Using your mouse is more comfortable — because you don't have to move your hand so far.
Easy to pack for trips.
If you loathe your laptop's built-in keyboard, the Mini Quiet Pro is narrow enough to fit in your laptop bag."

NOW, i can get the full size if I don't mind the size, which I don't for everything like mousepad and keyboards IF they are not pricier. they are 125 bucks as an addon on my soon to be tigerimport big order . their msrp on the website is 150 bucks  + 10 shipping. the mini's msrp is 130 bucks, but it's free shipping ATM:

"US layout — Pre-order for delivery in July & get FREE shipping
    (March production fully pre-sold)"

as TKL keyboards are so popular with people,. ,I see no reason not to stock these. But Matias is running on short of stock themselves, so I don't see mk.com having them earlier. Either way, if you do, I'd love to see the price somewhere 110, or I'd just not bother with it and go ahead and get the full size...but if I cannot get a quote for that pricing for the mini quite pro for PC, i'd just get my quite pro soon.

Cheers

Offline lyrill

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 01:13:31 »
http://www.kc-keycool.com/product.php?mod=detail&id=16

keycool 87
I want white LED version again, with the orange accent. THis should be a better fit for the 87 keycaps rainbow you carry... no, this is THE keyboard that THOSE rainbow keycaps are MADE for.

I don't understand why it's not provided..it's like you carry BMW wheels but no BMW cars,  what for?

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 14:23:23 »

keycool 87
I want white LED version again, with the orange accent. THis should be a better fit for the 87 keycaps rainbow you carry... no, this is THE keyboard that THOSE rainbow keycaps are MADE for.

I don't understand why it's not provided..it's like you carry BMW wheels but no BMW cars,  what for?
We have the Keycool 87 w/ white LEDs in brown, black, and blue MX. None of the boards we received from Keycool had special LED colors. The whole board is uniform.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline lyrill

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 16:51:48 »

keycool 87

We have the Keycool 87 w/ white LEDs in brown, black, and blue MX. None of the boards we received from Keycool had special LED colors. The whole board is uniform.

yeah I saw that, I guess if you can't get the cherry reds(can you? doesn't hurt to ask right) I 'll just get my second cherry brown...my first board was filco tkl brown

Offline sreynolds1

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 20:42:16 »
Hello, new user here (and new to mechanical KB's in general).

Is there any word on when the Ducky Zero DK2108 with MX Browns will be in stock? http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=262&r=974

Thanks for your help!

edit: Ducky's page for the DK2108 comes up as a 404, however here is the DK2108L page. what's the difference between the two models?
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 July 2013, 20:49:38 by sreynolds1 »

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 16:23:19 »
sreynolds1, please email or give me a call 9am-5pm CST Tuesday.
Info is in my sig.

Thanks.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline sreynolds1

« Reply #256 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 23:13:54 »
sreynolds1, please email or give me a call 9am-5pm CST Tuesday.
Info is in my sig.

Thanks.

I appreciate your help, but I have already bought a Ducky  Zero DK2108 from PChome.com. If that doesn't work out, I will let you know!

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:38:22 »
Yeah, that makes total sense.

It's the 'Buy every last Green switch in existence' form of 'exclusive'.  There aren't any contracts in place.  The legal fees involved in creating such a complex contract given the number of parties involved would cost five times more than the switches themselves, so it would be impractical to begin with.

This is sort of what I figured when I read the first claim.

Using this definition,  Logitech had an 'exclusive' with Brown switches for a month and half last year (still feeling this one by the way...).  When are more Brown MX Blue LED Shines coming in ?!?!?

Just ran across this post on Cherry's Facebook and it reminded me of this.

29252-0

Did CM ever claim this directly, or was it just 'reported' by some random YouTubers / Bloggers?  Not cool if the former.
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 18:25:28 »
I believe it comes from this thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1348258/mx-cherry-green

The quote is taken from Dustin Skavakos:

"It's an amusing moment when a vendor catches you off guard with a product you think you already know about, but that's exactly what happened with CoolerMaster's new Cherry MX Green based keyboards. I thought the rep was talking about the lighting, but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones, and CoolerMaster has exclusive distribution rights in the States."

I've not seen CM reps claim this directly.  They said the following here:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39814.msg788542#msg788542
"We are always looking at offering new switch types, but the only problem is our distributors already dislike us for so many SKU offerings :) We have to keep it within reason, and if the market demand is there, we wouldn't be opposed to it.  Fow now, we'll be putting a lot of effort into green switches and educating them to the masses."
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 18:27:57 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline lyrill

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 00:18:20 »

"It's an amusing moment when a vendor catches you off guard with a product you think you already know about, but that's exactly what happened with CoolerMaster's new Cherry MX Green based keyboards. I thought the rep was talking about the lighting, but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones, and CoolerMaster has exclusive distribution rights in the States."

"We are always looking at offering new switch types, but the only problem is our distributors already dislike us for so many SKU offerings :) We have to keep it within reason, and if the market demand is there, we wouldn't be opposed to it.  Fow now, we'll be putting a lot of effort into green switches and educating them to the masses."

wait, cooler master uses a different model from original cherry green ? then why did they call it cherry green?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:33:03 »

wait, cooler master uses a different model from original cherry green ? then why did they call it cherry green?

Where do you read that in what was posted?

Its a cherry MX green switch.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 22:16:23 »
Probably this part, where Dustin said:

"I thought the rep was talking about the lighting, but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones, and CoolerMaster has exclusive distribution rights in the States."

RemedyHaloPC asked about a clarification for that line on the CM Storm subforum here, but Rajiv never elaborated on that part in his reply.  Nor did he talk about the whole exclusivity deal.  Those points were basically evaded.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:40:34 »

Where do you read that in what was posted?

Its a cherry MX green switch.

" but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones"

Offline lyrill

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:41:03 »

"I thought the rep was talking about the lighting, but the switches themselves are actually a somewhat rarefied Green model different from the existing ones, and CoolerMaster has exclusive distribution rights in the States."

RemedyHaloPC asked about a clarification for that line on the CM Storm subforum here, but Rajiv never elaborated on that part in his reply.  Nor did he talk about the whole exclusivity deal.  Those points were basically evaded.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:49:20 »

More proof I can't read...

My reading comprehension using Tapatalk and wrangling a 2yr old = zero!

Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm thinking that was just typical blogger/reporter/writer 'fluff', because clearly they don't have exclusive distribution rights either.

If CM wanted to do something really different they should go with those transparent switch tops or even make the switch tops match the plate color etc.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:54:14 by SpAmRaY »

Offline lyrill

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:51:36 »

Reading comprehension using Tapatalk and wrangling a 2yr old = zero!

Thanks for pointing that out, but I'm thinking that was just typical blogger/reporter/writer 'fluff', because clearly they don't have exclusive distribution rights either.

If CM wanted to do something really different they should go with those transparent switch tops or even make the switch tops match the plate color etc.
i am confused, are you referring to photoelectric using tapatalk\?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:53:46 »

Reading comprehension using Tapatalk and wrangling a 2yr old = zero!

i am confused, are you referring to photoelectric using tapatalk\?

No I was last night when I asked the question! Previous post edited for clarity.  8)

Offline 4nak1n

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:31:58 »
Hi, i would like to buy a ducky 9087 chery red, english version, with backlight with some ducky key caps preferred in red or blue (Q, W, E, R, Alt, Ctrl, Scroll both with light indicator like the light up caplock n scroll lock key in cm storm rapidfire). It would be great help if you get more stock in on ur website. I try to find everywhere but there is no luck.

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:53:55 »
Any chance to get a KBT Race L.E..?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #269 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 20:26:15 »
TKL with clears or greens

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #270 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 21:48:37 »

CoolerMaster has the exclusive rights to MX Greens in the United States at the moment.
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 21:51:37 »

CoolerMaster has the exclusive rights to MX Greens in the United States at the moment.

That's already been debunked as being reporter/blogger fluff.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 21:55:41 »

Even so.. aren't we in the mechanicalkeyboards.com forum? Aren't they retailers that can buy stock of QFR with MX Greens and then sell them at a good price?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 22:03:14 »

Even so.. aren't we in the mechanicalkeyboards.com forum? Aren't they retailers that can buy stock of QFR with MX Greens and then sell them at a good price?

I suppose they can sell them but the good price I dunno.

Offline jrkrush2112

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 01:02:28 »
Any word on the of the KBT Pure's with blue switches and any sort of backlighting?  Really hard to come by a 60% that's backlit right now.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:13:09 »
Any word on the of the KBT Pure's with blue switches and any sort of backlighting?  Really hard to come by a 60% that's backlit right now.

Working on this now.  It's on the works.  It's usually a week between each Vortex email, so no telling when I'll have anything concrete on this.

Offline jrkrush2112

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 11:56:56 »

Working on this now.  It's on the works.  It's usually a week between each Vortex email, so no telling when I'll have anything concrete on this.

Sounds good.  I'll just keep checking back.  Thanks for the reply!

Offline lyrill

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:34:32 »
So someone please reply to my inquiry about why I was shipped a brown keycool 87 instead of the promised red  please. Whatever the reason I just want to get the partial refund Caleb promised to me. I don't care what mistake was made it exhaust me to go back and forth the contradicting explanations doing me no good. Still I would prefer a Red shipped to me and then a label provided to ship back this brown one. I don't like browns for gaming, and i mainly game than type.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:38:37 »
So someone please reply to my inquiry about why I was shipped a brown keycool 87 instead of the promised red  please. Whatever the reason I just want to get the partial refund Caleb promised to me. I don't care what mistake was made it exhaust me to go back and forth the contradicting explanations doing me no good. Still I would prefer a Red shipped to me and then a label provided to ship back this brown one. I don't like browns for gaming, and i mainly game than type.

have you emailed their customer support email?

Offline lyrill

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:42:13 »

caleb was emailing me asking me whether i wanted a refund.. i replied promptly, ,,,that was 4 days ago...i asked again 2 days ago.. nothing.

i shall wait 2 weeks, since that's the last time i waited for replies from support until i start posting here and on facebook, where guys from there are more active

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:43:42 »

caleb was emailing me asking me whether i wanted a refund.. i replied promptly, ,,,that was 4 days ago...i asked again 2 days ago.. nothing.

i shall wait 2 weeks, since that's the last time i waited for replies from support until i start posting here and on facebook, where guys from there are more active

According to ShakeR you shouldn't expect any special treatment because you post on the internet.

I'll pm you.

Perhaps they are all covered up with the Shine 3's coming in.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:18:40 »
1 business day is the absolute longest you should have to wait between responses to your emails.  We are closed Saturday and Sunday, so if you email us at 6pm on Friday, please consider this when your response comes in Monday.

Shipping 300 Shine 3s in 2 days could perhaps delay responses by a few hours, but not by days.  This is not how we conduct business.  Start emailing me (joel@mechanicalkeyboards.com) if you are having problems getting PROMPT, DETAILED responses from our support staff. They all report to me.

Also to clarify on SpamRay's comment: If you have exhausted our standard channels of customer support (email, contact form, phone) and haven't received a reasonably timely, helpful response; feel free to make us - and the general public - aware of the issue through whatever venue you choose. I would do the same. Forums, however, are typically the slowest, least checked item for myself and the rest of our team, so posting here usually has little effect on the service you receive.

Offline dante

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 14 August 2013, 21:59:18 »
Keycool is currently selling sets of blank black 87/104 POM keysets on TaoBao.  During your next Keycool restock can you import some please?

Offline Jackasaur

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 00:20:59 »
I honestly just want a Ducky Shine 3 Blue LED with Cherry MX blues. :\ Your site is sold out. If there was an option to preorder I'd hop on that right away.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #284 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 01:13:07 »
MX Clear Switches
DoubleShot GMK RGB mods (winkey & winkeyless)
7u cherry stabilizer bars

Topre REALFORCE

Offline ARod

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 13:10:07 »

Call them.  Josh took care of my mis-shipment on the spot.  They did send me a $150 keyboard in place of the $50 one I ordered though  ^-^

They advanced shipped the correct one and emailed me a shipping label to send the wrong one back.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #286 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:43:19 »
I honestly just want a Ducky Shine 3 Blue LED with Cherry MX blues. :\ Your site is sold out. If there was an option to preorder I'd hop on that right away.

Blue MXs are HOT again all of a sudden.  They're almost matching Browns.  We did not expect the Blues to sell as quickly as they did. We'll adjust on our next order.

Offline neoezekiel

• My GW2 Guild - The Fallen Souls [SouL]
« Reply #287 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 12:12:39 »
how about the boxes and foam inserts that Ducky ships their keycaps in, I would buy a truckload of those for a reasonable price.
WTB: Cherry G80-2550, GnCC/CCnG sets, led mx greens, mx dark greys, Plate Design Service, Case Design Service

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:19:10 »
how about the boxes and foam inserts that Ducky ships their keycaps in, I would buy a truckload of those for a reasonable price.

Haha, unusual purchase.  I would honestly imagine the shipping cost would make it cost-prohibitive.  The shipping alone would probably be $3 / box b/c of the size.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:21:30 »

Haha, unusual purchase.  I would honestly imagine the shipping cost would make it cost-prohibitive.  The shipping alone would probably be $3 / box b/c of the size.

we need keycap storage!!

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 21:25:42 »
Any update on Ducky Shine replacement key cap sets?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline n3xx

« Reply #291 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:00:18 »
I need this

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=334

or a shine 3 with white keys and green blacklight brown switches.... or same thing in a another good quality keyboard?

Offline CalmB4tehPwn

• Demon of the Fall
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 19:06:35 »
I don't have the time to read through the whole thread, so hopefully this hasn't been brought up before.

I would LOVE to see somebody stock some acrylic TKL cases. They can't be that difficult to get produced. Sell a couple "standard" cases with black top and bottom plate, with clear body plates, and then have a few color options for top and bottom plates to purchase separately? I imagine it'd be feasible to keep cost relatively low on those.
"I seek a great warrior" - Luke Skywalker
"Great Warrior, Hmm? War does not make one great." - Master Jedi Yoda

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 15:20:51 »
Would you be able to get KMAC 2 case (Titanium) with the plate and PCB?
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 15:28:53 »
imsto's thick cherry profile MX caps in multiple colors?

I'll happily lend a +1 to this!

I'm pretty sure other colors are not manufactured regularly, but perhaps by special commission from whoever makes the things. Something like matching RGB modifiers at least would be cool. But a whole range of colors would be even better!

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 15:31:03 »
Keycool is currently selling sets of blank black 87/104 POM keysets on TaoBao.  During your next Keycool restock can you import some please?

I've been looking all over for these too! I can find the 87s easily, but no 104 sets without lettering.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 17:05:06 »
Double-shot thick PBT sets from Vortex!

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 23:07:44 »
Would there be possible Phantom PCB plates? considering the Phantom PCB is now on sale from the site?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 11:35:41 »
Would there be possible Phantom PCB plates? considering the Phantom PCB is now on sale from the site?

Working on it.  Not sure when we'll have them.

I'd like to put together complete kits for Phantom and ErgoDox (and GH60) eventually.

Also, nice Avatar.

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 14:01:17 »

Working on it.  Not sure when we'll have them.

I'd like to put together complete kits for Phantom and ErgoDox (and GH60) eventually.

Also, nice Avatar.

Sweet!~ I can't wait for that kit xD! Will definitely order once its ready I guess =) And yes FOR THE SWARM~! hehe