geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Stainless steel whiskey stones

<< < (3/10) > >>

The_Beast:

--- Quote from: alaricljs on Fri, 01 February 2013, 22:24:21 ---You may also like the finish from a good tumbling (it'll take the nasty sharp corners off too).

Find out if he has a tumbler and his recommendations.  All kinds of media can go in one to make interesting finishes.

--- End quote ---

He doesn't have a tumbler. He only has a 4'x12' 4000 watt laser cutter and a 1 1/2 story bending machine.

Should I get one of these?:

lol

volund:
I'm interested as well, I got my mom a set of these which work pretty well, but I could use something for at home.

i3oilermaker:
I have the stones and they don't work well skeptical that these would work but willing to give it a shot

The_Beast:
After a bit of reading, I guess the retail stainless steels one have a gel inside them that keeps them colder longer.

Halverson:

--- Quote from: The_Beast on Sat, 02 February 2013, 00:19:42 ---After a bit of reading, I guess the retail stainless steels one have a gel inside them that keeps them colder longer.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm. Well couldn't hurt to try these, I'm sure freezing half inch steel cubes would keep some pretty good cold!

Can we do them in purple? :p lawl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version